Children’s National Medical Center Employee Reviews

To make a difference in every child's life is Emotionally rewarding
Senior Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 30, 2018
I have always love the pediatrics, so for me getting up every morning to go to work is exiting. To make a difference in the patients and families on the daily basis is a blessin.
Ok place to work
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 23, 2018
I enjoyed the 12 hour shifts and I was highly supported within the hospital when it came to within promotions. I did not like the fact it was more white nurses than black
productive and fun
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 22, 2018
it is very good medical research environment. It will be be great help for young scientist if the university or children hospital can provide more research fund.
Pros
good medical research environment
Cons
lack of reseach fund
Constantly busy, very multicultural
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 12, 2018
Its a place where you can learn multiple things, meet lots of people from different backgrounds of life. Several events for networking and upward movement.
Pros
Free ice cream in recognition of hardwork.
Cons
Busy and may have t wrok through lunch some days.
Productive place when managment is supported
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCOctober 9, 2018
The typical day in ambulatory care is very fast pace. Due to the high volume, the wait time can exceed 2 hours. However, the most enjoyable part of my job was the patients.
Cut throat
NUTRITION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 9, 2018
Poor management you learn how to work on tour own. You have to do a lot more then your job description provides. No manager/employee confidentiality.
Pros
Non
Cons
Short breaks
Productive Work Day
Patient Transport Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 3, 2018
A productive work day for me is to help assist any department in my area I don't like sitting around doing nothing I'm a hands on person and willing to learn something new every chance I get so being productive is a major roll for me here at CNMC
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Lack of communication
Great
Chemotherapy Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 28, 2018
Great awesome wonderful opportunity fast paced great great great great great splendid super wonderful great work experience teamship work great super.
Stress
Administrative Assistant Neurology Department (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 26, 2018
Working as a contractor has allowed me to view CNMC first hand. I worked in several different departments with the same results in each department. Stress with an unpleasant attitudes towards management and one another. People that are supposed to train you have a bad attitude and want to see you fail. Even the actual off site training that they send you to the trainer was extremely difficult and rude she did not want to help or answer questions. If you did not pass the test they would terminate you on the spot. Managers show favoritism to certain individuals. The managers are aware of the nasty interactions that are directed towards new employees and they never address their actions. This has happened on several occasion in several different departments (This seems to be the culture at CNMC). I could understand it better in maybe one department but I have worked in several and each one the leads, nurse, etc. have been rude and nasty and anything but helpful and management is aware. Oh!!! Their IT Department is the "WORST"
Pros
The Children
Cons
Bad Management, attitudes, pay, jealous coworkers and management, lack of training
Enjoy working here. Research funding ran out.
Research Technician in Genetic Medicine (Current Employee) –  ResearchSeptember 25, 2018
Very child/family focused environment. Cutting-edge work, both clinically and scientifically. Devoted to educating future health care workers.Worked here over 35 years.
Friendly and challenging work place.
Hospital ER Psychotherapist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2018
Children's National, overall, is a good place to work. The challenges are advancement and management. Colleague relationships and team work tends to be good. The hospital tends to be a friendly work environment. I would recommend working in this institution.
Pros
Friendly work environment. Enjoy my co-workers.
Cons
Short breaks. Can be stressful in the Emergency Room (where I work). Cramped working space.
imperative
School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2018
Productive and fun off every weekend and holidays. Busy but constraint of holidays and snow days works well with my school schedule. its more than bandaids
Pros
paid holidays and snow days
Cons
shortbreaks, health care
My review
SENIOR GRANTS AND FINANCE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2018
Love the mission and the atmosphere the hospital provides to it's patients. Faculty & Staff are very compassionate.
The work-life balance needs to improve.
Always reacting to problems instead of being proactive.
Love my colleagues!
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Very family/patient-centered approach to care provided.
RN II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2018
If you love pediatrics, this is the hospital for you. The hospital takes a strong approach to focusing Care around what the family wants for their child.
Customer Service
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 11, 2018
A typical day at work open the phones schedule the appointments, what I learned nothing last forever Management can lie and your job is gone. workplace culture was great the employees got along. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients.
Pros
helping the customers on and off the phones
Cons
dealing with managers who smile in your face then let you go
Culture defined as Experience = Leadership
Engineering Department (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2018
This is a great place to see children receiving the best care in the US. However, the management running the "behind the scenes"/ i.e. administration are severely crippled. It is painful to work here especially if you have other experiences in your career. Leaders have been put into roles based on knowledge and completely lack any capacity to lead people. Chaos, unorganized, conflicting visions, and poor communication dominate the organization on a daily basis, sadly on an hourly basis.
Pros
Children recieving the best!
Cons
Managment, culture, progressions, pay
Good Place to work
Cell Therapy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 27, 2018
Love children's national. They have tons of fun events for employees each year. The pay scale is good and increases each year with the DC prices. Healthcare is really good.
Perfect Job
Pharmacy Ops Program Lead (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 14, 2018
Working for Children's was one of the greatest jobs I have ever had. CNMC care about you as an employee. They offer a competitive compensation and they offer great benefits
Workplace is a pretty friendly atomsphere
Food Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 8, 2018
I love my job. Mainly i love dealing with the patients. Especially to know my job isnt goin unnoticed. Ive been there for 7yrs. Overall it is good. I love performing my skills and love learning new things as well
Pros
Always OT
Cons
Gotta pay for food
A very good inviorment
ENVIRONMENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 7, 2018
I enjoyed the staff and the people that was working there I was very dependable and I worked very hard to maintain my position i made sure everyone was happy with my work
Pros
easy to get to work
Cons
some had bad tempers