Children’s National Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great Place!
RN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20010January 13, 2019
This is a GREAT place for a resume booster. I wouldn't say its any better or worse than any other large children's hospital.

Management does not hold staff accountable, making a difficult working environment
diverse and productive
Special Police Officer-Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 10, 2019
I supervised a staff of 14 special police officers each with unique skill sets. This afforded me opportunities to deploy qualified officers when needed.
Pros
challenging rewarding
Cons
distance traveling from home
Good opportunity for advancement in Pharmacy
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2019
I have been working there for 13 years. I started as a staff pharmacist then I was promoted to the inpatient unit and allowed to run several committees. If you have good skills, knowledge and work ethic, you can advance here.
Very patient/family focused
Research Technician in Genetic Medicine Research (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2019
Children's take great measures to make patients and their families welcomed and comfortable and rallies it's employees around them. It was a privilege to work there.
Cnmc
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 2, 2019
Love my department and everything they have taught me. It's never the same thing everyday. Everyone helps each other out when need and no one goes home feeling over worked.
horrific experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 28, 2018
The institution is horrifically antiquated. There are almost no technological systems to aid in performing one's job. The day-to-day is incredible stressful and the working hours are very long. The management is complacent and my direct supervisor was an Executive Director and was an absolute nightmare to work for and with!
Great work environment
Radiographer - PRN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 13, 2018
Children's National Medical center is a great work environment. The employees are taught to focus on patient care not only to include patient but their family members as well.
Horrible place
N/A (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 6, 2018
Micromanage and poor organizational skills. During my time there the longest person working was a cleam up person. It’s a teaching hospital and has many strides in certain departments, I have just seen better.

When other ideas were brought to make the department look and not overworked it was laughed upon. . We are working on that was the response. Jokes!! Nor to encourage to be open to new ideas and numbers driven. Doctors, pharmacy, nursing and any other part of healthcare is a practice of. The is no definitive answer to care for all diease states, it’s a trail and error. Not a math problem that will never change.
8+8+8= 24 8x3 # 24. In clonsusion all teams should work together and be open to listen and build models to shown how it works. As people we all have a special passion and dedicatice to patient care one or another, just because you cans challenge a lead you shouldn’t be threaten to lose your job. I did. I asked questions to know the right answers and policies and they are hidden so you won’t have the right to know. A word of advise if you want know. As a final thought please read a book. Not word of mouth and know work laws. laws
Cons
Big brother is always watching. A million cameras and not just fur safety use.
Non-invasive duties
HOLTER TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  WASHINGTON, D.C.December 6, 2018
Performing non-invasive cardiovascular procedures, not limited to holter placement and analysis, ekgs, event monitor, bp monitors, pacemaker call-ins, stress testing, and various adminstrative duties.
Pros
Work independently but team player
Cons
Not much recognition concerning position
Great
CLINICAL OPERATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 5, 2018
Very great experience i really enjoyed my job and would love to work their again the patients were great management was spectacular, i was treated fair and was also treated like family
Pros
Great place to learn many things in the medical field
Cons
No cons
Job Advancement
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 2, 2018
A good company to advance your healthcare career. It is a very diverse work environment, where you can really learn a lot from others. There are numerous areas where you can work as well.
Great wage and benefits
HOLTER/TELEMETRY TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 25, 2018
Performing non-invasive cardiovascular procedures, not limited to holter scanning, ecgs, bp monitoring, and event monitoring. Worked daily with ep nurses and electrophysiologists.
Pros
Excellent salary
Cons
Limited management participation
Fun to work there
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 15, 2018
There are really good pharmacists working there and they are willing to help you anytime. Clinical pharmacists work really hard with doctors to make sure the best outcome for young patients.
To make a difference in every child's life is Emotionally rewarding
Senior Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 30, 2018
I have always love the pediatrics, so for me getting up every morning to go to work is exiting. To make a difference in the patients and families on the daily basis is a blessin.
Ok place to work
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 23, 2018
I enjoyed the 12 hour shifts and I was highly supported within the hospital when it came to within promotions. I did not like the fact it was more white nurses than black
productive and fun
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 22, 2018
it is very good medical research environment. It will be be great help for young scientist if the university or children hospital can provide more research fund.
Pros
good medical research environment
Cons
lack of reseach fund
Constantly busy, very multicultural
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 12, 2018
Its a place where you can learn multiple things, meet lots of people from different backgrounds of life. Several events for networking and upward movement.
Pros
Free ice cream in recognition of hardwork.
Cons
Busy and may have t wrok through lunch some days.
Productive place when managment is supported
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCOctober 9, 2018
The typical day in ambulatory care is very fast pace. Due to the high volume, the wait time can exceed 2 hours. However, the most enjoyable part of my job was the patients.
Cut throat
NUTRITION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 9, 2018
Poor management you learn how to work on tour own. You have to do a lot more then your job description provides. No manager/employee confidentiality.
Pros
Non
Cons
Short breaks
Productive Work Day
Patient Transport Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 3, 2018
A productive work day for me is to help assist any department in my area I don't like sitting around doing nothing I'm a hands on person and willing to learn something new every chance I get so being productive is a major roll for me here at CNMC
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children’s National Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight