Children’s National Medical Center Employee Reviews

Unit Communication Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 19, 2018
If you love working with children. This place will be a great place for you to work. There are many great opportunities to advance within the company.
great work experience
Morrison Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 17, 2018
CNMC varies based on position. Also a lot of people are contracted. OVerall, loved the place but not the company I was contracted by. We were given discounts on food which was nice.
my experience at childrens
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 16, 2018
Childrens is an good place to work. the hours are good and the people are friendly. the pay at childrens is decent but can e better. Childrens have a union that is vary helpful.
Great hospital and great patients
Physician Assistant-Certified (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 6, 2018
This hospital has so many positives about it. From the patients, the staff, and the facility, it is a great environment to help children. This was my first position out of school and I can see myself staying with the company for a while.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Paid parking
na
Clinical Operations Rep II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2018
I dont not wish to review but it is not a bad place to work. I just don't think some positions within the hospital are paid fairly. More often are you overlooked for transferring to a new position to advance yourself.
learning place
Unit Communications Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 30, 2018
busy fast past working with diversity of people and different personalities. Overall hospital is a Great place to work and its good to meet new people and help the children
benefits
Best Job ever
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 29, 2018
Initial I worked as a staff nurse then transitioned to the clinical transformation team, CTI. We were migrating to electronic documentation and I was one, along with some other nurses selected to be apart of how that facility would be capturing nursing documentation.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, and cultural. Just awesome!
For the Kids
Unit Communications Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 28, 2018
The kids are the best part of the job!
Staff can be very catty, leadership can show preference for their "friends," and the union keeps the wrong people employed forever!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Benefits are expensive.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 28, 2018
Working at Childrens Hospital, has been a great experience. We value patient care and excellent customer. We want our parents and patients too have the best possible care.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
No raises
Fun and relaxes atmosphere.
Buyer/Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 27, 2018
Typical day would be checking the inventory and par levels to see what needs to be ordered. I learned so many things because this was my first job in a warehouse. The management was fair and pleasant but small. The hardest part of the job was dealing with BO and getting an item similar to stock, the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the children.
Productive working environment
Bone Marrow Transplant Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 18, 2018
Productive working environment but not a lot of room for growth. Compensation isn't very competitive. Not very good management but work with wonderful employees.
wonderful organization
AR Manager, Process and Improvement (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2018
Children's National Medical Center is a wonderful organization that advocates for ensuring the wellness of children. The providers deliver world class care that is head and shoulders above most similar organizations.
Extremely stressful
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 10, 2018
There are too many managers that don't know anything about work flow. They make up rules as they go along and they are often self sabotaging. The schedule is never posted in a timely manner. They do not care about how they treat people...they don't know how to treat people. Management gives orders and never really help out. Training is awful and there are too many day to day changes.
Pros
I like the people I work with...Not Management
Cons
Everything else
Great people Tough place
Application Architect (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 1, 2018
CNMC is great people and a great mission. On the admin side resources are very limited and finding money to get anything new or get a project moving can be very challenging but the people you work with can make it worth it.
Bad experience for me may not be for you
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 31, 2018
I can only speak for my department but it was a very negative environment with no employee in my department being happy. The manager had no interest in developing talent and was underhanded, self-serving, hypocritical, and petty. I can't imagine my department is reflective of the organization but, I can only speak to my experience. I will also say HR typically sides with management so there really is no outlet or resolution for serious concerns.
Fast paced, rewarding but stressful
ER Trauma tech Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 26, 2018
The work was not hard however at times dealing with deaths of children was very emotionally stressful. Being able to place an IV on a difficult patient was a great feeling.
Cons
Short breaks
if your a robot this is a good place
Sr. Grants and Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 6, 2018
poor management training for managers. more interested in metrics than people. "what have you done for me lately" mentality.
very poor transportation arrangements for employees.
cubicle farm
Pros
feel good helping kids
Cons
poor leadership, training, management
Helping Children
Director, Foundation Services (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 4, 2018
The Foundation was large compared to some within a hospital. I worked on a $300 million campaign. The children keep you motivated and remind you why you are here. The culture was very top down and difficult to advance. I am sure it has improved with the change in leadership. The new CEO is a doctor and very much a people person.
Pros
Location, salary, benefits
Cons
Not flexible with hours, attendance was mandatory on what would be considered a snow day
Best place I ever worked
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 1, 2018
I had an awesome manager, who looked for opportunities for growth within her staff. She offered guidance without micromanaging, and offered feedback without feeling criticized.
Pros
great management team
Cons
long commute at the time
Excellent
NURSE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 26, 2018
No problems here at CNHS. Excellent place to work. Enjoy working with my co-workers. Typical day is busy and yet challenging. Most enjoyable part is the great co-workers I work with.