Children’s National Medical Center Employee Reviews

Enjoy working here. Research funding ran out.
Research Technician in Genetic Medicine (Current Employee) –  ResearchSeptember 25, 2018
Very child/family focused environment. Cutting-edge work, both clinically and scientifically. Devoted to educating future health care workers.Worked here over 35 years.
Friendly and challenging work place.
Hospital ER Psychotherapist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2018
Children's National, overall, is a good place to work. The challenges are advancement and management. Colleague relationships and team work tends to be good. The hospital tends to be a friendly work environment. I would recommend working in this institution.
Pros
Friendly work environment. Enjoy my co-workers.
Cons
Short breaks. Can be stressful in the Emergency Room (where I work). Cramped working space.
imperative
School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2018
Productive and fun off every weekend and holidays. Busy but constraint of holidays and snow days works well with my school schedule. its more than bandaids
Pros
paid holidays and snow days
Cons
shortbreaks, health care
My review
SENIOR GRANTS AND FINANCE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2018
Love the mission and the atmosphere the hospital provides to it's patients. Faculty & Staff are very compassionate.
The work-life balance needs to improve.
Always reacting to problems instead of being proactive.
Love my colleagues!
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Very family/patient-centered approach to care provided.
RN II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2018
If you love pediatrics, this is the hospital for you. The hospital takes a strong approach to focusing Care around what the family wants for their child.
Customer Service
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 11, 2018
A typical day at work open the phones schedule the appointments, what I learned nothing last forever Management can lie and your job is gone. workplace culture was great the employees got along. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients.
Pros
helping the customers on and off the phones
Cons
dealing with managers who smile in your face then let you go
Culture defined as Experience = Leadership
Engineering Department (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2018
This is a great place to see children receiving the best care in the US. However, the management running the "behind the scenes"/ i.e. administration are severely crippled. It is painful to work here especially if you have other experiences in your career. Leaders have been put into roles based on knowledge and completely lack any capacity to lead people. Chaos, unorganized, conflicting visions, and poor communication dominate the organization on a daily basis, sadly on an hourly basis.
Pros
Children recieving the best!
Cons
Managment, culture, progressions, pay
Good Place to work
Cell Therapy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 27, 2018
Love children's national. They have tons of fun events for employees each year. The pay scale is good and increases each year with the DC prices. Healthcare is really good.
Perfect Job
Pharmacy Ops Program Lead (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 14, 2018
Working for Children's was one of the greatest jobs I have ever had. CNMC care about you as an employee. They offer a competitive compensation and they offer great benefits
Workplace is a pretty friendly atomsphere
Food Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 8, 2018
I love my job. Mainly i love dealing with the patients. Especially to know my job isnt goin unnoticed. Ive been there for 7yrs. Overall it is good. I love performing my skills and love learning new things as well
Pros
Always OT
Cons
Gotta pay for food
A very good inviorment
ENVIRONMENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 7, 2018
I enjoyed the staff and the people that was working there I was very dependable and I worked very hard to maintain my position i made sure everyone was happy with my work
Pros
easy to get to work
Cons
some had bad tempers
Good Place
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 2, 2018
Loved the culture and mission of the hospital. Great feeling to know the work was not only for my benefit, but for the benefit of children. The most enjoyable part of the job was interfacing with the children during the holiday seasons and watching their faces glow with laughter and amazement.
Security Guard
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed everyday working there. The kids were very enjoyable and the families were always very nice. The staff members worked as a team and always made sure the patient had the best outcome.
Work Life
Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 30, 2018
At that time, There were times when were just sitting around while management decided what was next course of action. There also times where we didn't know which satellite location was ready to be deployed. It was very unorganized.
Unit Communication Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 19, 2018
If you love working with children. This place will be a great place for you to work. There are many great opportunities to advance within the company.
great work experience
Morrison Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 17, 2018
CNMC varies based on position. Also a lot of people are contracted. OVerall, loved the place but not the company I was contracted by. We were given discounts on food which was nice.
my experience at childrens
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 16, 2018
Childrens is an good place to work. the hours are good and the people are friendly. the pay at childrens is decent but can e better. Childrens have a union that is vary helpful.
Great hospital and great patients
Physician Assistant-Certified (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 6, 2018
This hospital has so many positives about it. From the patients, the staff, and the facility, it is a great environment to help children. This was my first position out of school and I can see myself staying with the company for a while.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Paid parking
na
Clinical Operations Rep II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2018
I dont not wish to review but it is not a bad place to work. I just don't think some positions within the hospital are paid fairly. More often are you overlooked for transferring to a new position to advance yourself.
learning place
Unit Communications Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 30, 2018
busy fast past working with diversity of people and different personalities. Overall hospital is a Great place to work and its good to meet new people and help the children
benefits