Children's Aid Society Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very highpaced
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  1440 Vyse ave Bronx,NYJuly 9, 2018
I feel that working with this agency was a learning process.I used this job to sort of learn and get used to various working environments.Is a good job to start off with.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Not great pay.
Computer Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2018
Learned about updating computers , helping kids with computers and programs and making games , helping around with stock especially maintenance work which was a nice experience
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Education Coordinator and Business Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2018
Children's Aid Society cares, educates and empowers students and families to become better people to improve themselves. It encompasses all areas of life.
Pros
education
Cons
their are none
Family Orientation Organization
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2018
I worked at a Teen Center as an Intern. The teens were great. The culture at Hope Leadership Academy was friendly and family orientated. I would definitely recommend this organization for people to apply and work at.
n/a
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 20, 2018
I enjoy working for this company because it is well known, and much clinical experience can be gained. I love working with youth from the community and this place provides that space to do so.
very committed to the children and families they serve
Executive Director of the Boys & Girls Club (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2018
It was a great experience working for the Children Aid Society. They are forward thinking. Their devotion to improving the lives of the families they served is very impressive.
Pros
They are one of the oldest and best Child Welfare Agency in the country.
Cons
Not enough funding to do all that they would like to do.
Productive work place
Mantenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
Very nice team work place stay clean made sure we stood on task, Go to different locations to clean up most locations were very peaceful and some were fast paced
Pros
Leave early
Cons
No breaks
very fun workplace
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chappaqua, NYJune 9, 2018
truly a fun working place
it was a summer job though so only temporary
they did provide small jobs throughout the year to work with special needs children but their main attraction was the summer job
its pretty much like a summer camp but in a really huge 45 acre yard
Pros
kids, teamwork, fun environment
Cons
short term job
Fun workplace with kids
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 8, 2018
I learned how to deal with toddlers and take care of them and give them attention and care for the summer. I also learned how to communicate with parents . The job was very easy and fun. I enjoyed working there .
Pros
Nice kids
Work Experience
Summer Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2018
Gave me office experience. Working in the summer time with a diverse group. Gained skill's such as filing, copying and assisting office managers. Great experience.
Nice place to work
Family/Child Support Staff (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 26, 2018
It was a very good group of people to work with. The type of work, caring for crisis children was not always easy as we saw children in not good situations i.e. dirty, hungry, abused, but it was a safe place for the children to go where you could show them love and support.
Good job but wouldn't keep this job as a career
Family Advocate/Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 23, 2018
Good staff and it's convenient but I would like to try something else as a career. This is a stepping stone type of job but not to have as a career...
Pros
convenient good staff
Cons
healthcare and benefits
Great Place
Record Scanner (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTMay 11, 2018
I worked with computers as a record scanner. I enjoyed being able to learn the new software and feel like you were helping society. I also really enjoyed the management.
Great employment opportunity
QUALITY ASSURANCE & FINANCE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONApril 16, 2018
Overall great learning experience. Got to learn from professionals in the field. Developed new skills in a variety of ways from doing numerous different types of tasks.
great experience
Family Foster Care Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 9, 2018
You learn so much on the job. Job can be stressful but days fly by. Workers are very close and help each other out. I traveled an hour to get to work each day, so if they had paid a little more, i would've stayed.
it was alright
Shift Supervisor/Lead Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PA 17201April 6, 2018
Good place to start a career, but the lack of advancement opportunities made me look into different career paths. The work itself also requires a special somebody and that somebody is not me.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
stressful job
Fun and productive with board games
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 28, 2018
The days where usually relaxed just have fun with the kids and dont leave any out of the fun easy. good partners to work with learned better communication skills and what to and not to say hardest part was cleaning the area the most enjoyable was playing games with the kids
Pros
not a heavy dress code
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2018
The best job I ever had I was the person that all calls came threw I got to work with some great people and the kids it was overall my best job ever never wanted to leave
Productive, and always kind
Summer Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYMarch 22, 2018
When I went to the Children's Aid Society for summer youth it was one of the best things I have ever done in my life. Things moved quickly, the staff was always kind, and the pay was amazing. For a very first work experience, I would recommend this to any beginner.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Quick paced, Great Pay.
Cons
Short Breaks
The Routine At Work
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2018
I do 7 hours a day . I maintenance head start and Early Head Start. My daily routine Come In Set Up Classrooms . Make Sure The Night Work was Done . If Not I Make Sure Bathroom Kitchen n Hallways Are Swept and Mop . Garbage Is Change and Anything Else that Need To Be Done . Thru Out The Day I help When Needed After The Kids Eat and Nap I clean Bathrooms Change Garbage Again