Children's Bureau Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my short stay
Teaching Specialist Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 24, 2018
Working for a great company and enjoyed my short stay as supervisor. Its a very rewarding and fulfilling job. My job ended due to raising the requirements of having a B A degree for the position and phasing out the supervisor positions at the Children's Bureau.
Pros
loved helping and working with kids
Cons
long hours and short staff at times
Cb
Teaching Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2018
This is not a place that I would not want to work at again. The job description it not what you will be actually doing. It is like you are a baby sitter.
Stresfull job, demanding a lot of tasks and very low pay.
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2018
Working with clients, helping them with education and transitions was a productive and fun workplace. Stimulating and enforce children development using appropriate curriculum.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad management, no salary increse for years.
Make sure your heart is in it before you apply
Teaching Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2018
Make sure you know that this environment can be dangerous at times. Clients will throw objects & try to hurt staff. Management is wonderful in training & support. I would recommend working here if you have a passion helping kids in need and are strong enough to handle the emotions that come with it.
Pros
helping those in need, good staff
Cons
long hours, emotional days
Very healthy enviroment
Psychiatrist Assistant/Revenue Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CASeptember 5, 2018
I enjoyed working with staff at CB, enjoyed the mission of the company. Loved being able to help the community. I never felt like I was being micro managed. Company trust employees criteria.
Pros
Availability to change schedule.
Cons
Working saturdays
Productive Company
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 27, 2018
Good working environment but can be stressful with achieving goals within the company policy. It was an okay place to work but there is no room for career advancement.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Stressful
Hostile work environment and impossible to win
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 17, 2018
Company is grossly understaffed, and unfortunately all third level managers are close and going no where. Don't think about questioning authority, or you can count on being reminded who is in charge. Job expectations and new rules come when convenient, management does not practice what they preach. Overall not worth the low pay and stress.
Good benifits and cool staff
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2018
Not a place where there is much room for growth. This is a great place to get your foot in the door and to build your resume if you are a recent graduate. This is also an amazing place to help give back to your community. However, it does a great job of taking care of outside people instead or internal employees.
Pros
Medical, vision, dental plans are offered for free or a reduced price.
Cons
No internal growth opportunities. Not a place that offers competitive pay.
Nasty place.
Teaching Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2018
Not a good place to work. If you have no ambition and willing to be used and talked to like an animal, this is the place for you. Management hires their family members and put them in supervisory positions. The teenagers are hard to handle and will cuss you out in a second. You have to remember some of these kids come from homes where they have been neglected or abused and do not know how to communicate without yelling cussing or throwing things. They also come with BEDBUGS. RUN
Cons
Challenging with training opportunities and some fun mixed in
Multi-Disciplinary Assessment Team Clinician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 3, 2018
Working here is stressful, as is any therapy position. But there is a lot of support and encouragement and self-care is heavily encouraged. Each employee is warm and inviting and working with children and families is very rewarding.
Fraud Administration
Teaching Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2018
The people in admin swear they care about their employees but they truly don’t. Staff have been attacked & spat on by the clients while admin is upstairs sipping cold lattes. They rarely come on the floor but when they do it’s because of drama. It’s all politics. Underpaid staff who tire themselves out due to all the behaviors & responsibilities loaded onto an already stressful day. I wouldn’t recommend anyone with a social life to work here due to all the trainings, meetings & workload.
Pros
Free food, awesome team players, free outings.
Cons
Everything outside the pros including the paycheck.
Summer Internship
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 17, 2018
I enjoyed it but it was a Summer Job obtaining landscape work with provided transportation. Did travel to multiple colleges and obtained experience in volunteer opportunities.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Summerjob only 3 months
This is not a good place to work for
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 9, 2018
this place is not a good place to work for clients are violent and management sucks they do not train good and a lot of workload for the income, I would never recommend anyone to this place.
Good starting position
Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2018
I was hired on part time after interning here. A typical day at work was spent at a cubicle. I worked collaboratively with an understaffed team of only 3 people starting out and 4 people and 2 interns when I left. Workplace culture is pretty relaxed. We had a weekly team meeting and a weekly one on one meeting with the department director.
Good opportunity for Interns
Digital Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2018
This was a paid internship. I was allowed to make my own hours as long as they added up to 20 a week. There were times I was allowed to work remotely. I shared an office with 5 other employees and worked collaboratively on the Communications team.
Great company
Home-based Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2018
Great resource for adoptive and foster parents. Working with some of the bio-families can be challenging at times, going to court, home visit, reports
Best Experience
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 30, 2018
Great work ethics, cheerful environment, a lot of projects to work on. Created flyers for programs, kept track of roasters, and input data into ISIS for Resource Center
Pros
Great Energy
Cons
A meaningful job but really unorganized and stressful
Teaching Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 6, 2018
Overall the job is a meaningful position that needs to be filled by the community. The overall company has good intentions.

The hardest part of the job included the physical restraints. Communication is very unsatisfactory. One may be scheduled to work but then called off and this would happen unbeknownst to the employee on occasion. There isnt enough employees. The kids here need individualised learning.

The best part of the job included social interaction with kids. Co-workers were typically understanding of each other. There is free food sometimes. There is a satisfaction of making a difference.
Pros
Free meal, Co workers, Training
Cons
No breaks, lack of communication, unorganized
Courage Center
Teaching Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 5, 2018
The clients that live there spent 90% of their time tin the building which cased a lot of behaviors. I learned how to control my emotions when the clients tried to get under my skin. For the most part 2nd shift worked well together. the hardest part was trying to keep that one client under control that liked to antagonize the other clients.
productive
Teaching Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 19, 2018
some it can be good and at times is very stressful dealing frustrations. I learn that where ever you go always be patience wit your co- workers, and children.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Bureau. Our community is ready to answer.