Children's Bureau Employee Reviews

Best Experience
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 30, 2018
Great work ethics, cheerful environment, a lot of projects to work on. Created flyers for programs, kept track of roasters, and input data into ISIS for Resource Center
Pros
Great Energy
Cons
A meaningful job but really unorganized and stressful
Teaching Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 6, 2018
Overall the job is a meaningful position that needs to be filled by the community. The overall company has good intentions.

The hardest part of the job included the physical restraints. Communication is very unsatisfactory. One may be scheduled to work but then called off and this would happen unbeknownst to the employee on occasion. There isnt enough employees. The kids here need individualised learning.

The best part of the job included social interaction with kids. Co-workers were typically understanding of each other. There is free food sometimes. There is a satisfaction of making a difference.
Pros
Free meal, Co workers, Training
Cons
No breaks, lack of communication, unorganized
Courage Center
Teaching Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 5, 2018
The clients that live there spent 90% of their time tin the building which cased a lot of behaviors. I learned how to control my emotions when the clients tried to get under my skin. For the most part 2nd shift worked well together. the hardest part was trying to keep that one client under control that liked to antagonize the other clients.
productive
Teaching Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 19, 2018
some it can be good and at times is very stressful dealing frustrations. I learn that where ever you go always be patience wit your co- workers, and children.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no break
Great Place to work
Group Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Children's Bureau is a great place to work. They offer their employees as well as their clients the same level of respect and attention they deserve. I would happily refer any child or adult.
Family-like business
MH Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 4, 2018
Very welcoming onboarding
Great management
Warm environment
Client Centered
This agency truly stands behind their mission
As a Supervisor the team is very supportive and receptive to feedback
Skilled Clinical Mgmt Team
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Limited incentive programs
Fun Workplace
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 31, 2018
I love my job at the Children's Bureau; i just wish the pay was a little better. They are always willing to work with your schedule to give you time off that you need.
Pros
Pto, Holidays, Benefits
Excellent service providers!
Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CA 93535January 20, 2018
Staff very welcoming. Cared about clients. Very focused on service being provided. Co-workers considerate of each other and worked together in peaceful way to provide best service to clients. Felt supported.
enjoyment about my job
Revenue Office Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 13, 2018
I get to work independently, doing the job for the last 16 years I don't really get supervision since my work ethic has been proven. It's great to see the changes made within clients in our community.
Pros
I work independently
Cons
no room for advancement
Highly Recommended
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INJanuary 8, 2018
A collaborative environment working to serve underprivileged children and families. Amazing leadership with the employees best interest at the forefront.
inconstancy with client population
Johnson County Liaison (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2018
This employer offered good benefits but had a very high turn over. It was difficult for employee to get acclimated to her clients because of high turn over one as never caught up and client base changed often.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2018
It was a good place to work, staff were friendly and helpful. It was very high paced and required lots of time management skills. I enjoyed working with my peers.
Stressful
Home Based Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Connersville, INJanuary 2, 2018
Very stressful client load and a lot of time working with families that did not work with you to meet goals set for them by DCS. Upper management was not very understanding when it came time for you as an employee to request time off.
Pros
Not a lot of office time
Cons
Pay
Great job for working with children and families
Youth Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 1, 2018
The management at this job is ever changing. They could never keep a manager and they were not consistent with their policies. Something was always changing.
Pros
Working with children
Social Worker
Adoption Promotion Support Services Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CADecember 27, 2017
Great job flexible. Great organized organization. Many opportunities for growth... It was a great place to work .People are friendly and willing to help.
very friendly and open environment with very supportive staff and supervisor
Home Based Therapist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2017
I found Children's Bureau in Whiteland to be a very open and friendly place to work. being the only male it was often funny and interesting. the company as a whole was very supportive and encouraging. They created a very diverse atmosphere for all staff and clients.
Pros
you were not micro managed
Cons
the mandated billable hours
Interesting clientele
Marriage and Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 3, 2017
The hardest part of the job was not clinical because you have excellent clinical supervisors. The hardest part with the administrative supervisor who was hard to talk to. It was one of those job where you were constantly asked what is your five years plan when you are just trying to get through the week. I like a job where you feel comfortable telling your supervisor what's on your mind not complying with what is on theirs'.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Slow recognition of internal assets.
Main mission is to prevent child abuse
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 31, 2017
I enjoyed my daily responsibilities very much and also enjoyed my position as Conference Center Leasing agent as well and dealing with our clients. It was also great getting to know and working with the employees at the Bureau.
Pros
Flexible time schedule
Cons
I really can't think of any
Slow Workplace Environment but Can Escalate Quickly
Teaching Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 6, 2017
Throughout the week, the environment is pretty boring because most of the children go to school offsite. Most of the day you are sitting and watching children and teaching based off a point sheet. The weekends are just as slow even with all the kids being present. There isn't much for them to do but to stay in the buildings except on Sundays when there is an outing. Staff can be flip floppy. Administration acts like they care, but to some degree, they don't. It's easy to pick up and make money (on second or third shift).
Always changing
Therapist (Former Employee) –  OfficeSeptember 24, 2017
They like to over talk the positives. Every time I turned around it seemed like some policy or rule was changing. Poor training. Management doesn't have your back. They make you excited about work expectations and then slowly start to change those as your position goes on.
Pros
40 hour work week, good benefits
Cons
Constant short/no notice on changes to job expectation, Tell you all the perks of the job and then slowly start to change that too, management doesn't support