Children's Discovery Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work around and teach young children
Interim teacher (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 13, 2018
I very much enjoy working here; however, my full-time with benefits position is no longer available, and since I need both of those, I need to (sadly) look for another job.
Pros
working with the children
Cons
not being able to stay on full-time with benefits
management
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHAugust 2, 2018
We get no help from management and we are expected to kiss their butts to corporate or to whoever is coming for a "tour" but yet they come in the room for 2 minutes and judge everything the kids worked hard on and teachers have put blood sweat and tears into. This company is not recommended in my book and i am sad i stayed as long as i did. the kids were the only ones who made i worth it.
Pros
girls all agree on wanting to quit together
Cons
feeling overwhelmed and stressed all the time because of unrealistic expectations
Management is so unprofessional.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 29, 2018
My biggest complaint would be the management of this center. Teachers, parents, and children are awesome. The owner and her family are the most unprofessional people I have ever worked for in my life. In the time I was there I saw many people let go through an email or letter. Without any verbal or written warnings brought to their attention. Employee handbook states that if there is any incident with employee it will be documented and every employee will have the right to defend him or herself. This was not the case for many. They did not have this right that the company stated in their own policies. The family seems friendly and smiles in your face but have so much to say about their employees when they turn around. I erg you to keep scrolling and find another center to apply at.
Pros
Teachers, kids, and parents
Cons
Management!!
Patrons are full of joy, Management full of angst and stress
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  O‘ahu, HIJune 20, 2018
Typical day at work was unpredictible depending on whether or not management was stressed or not. Some started nicely others started with a 30 min rant about business, other employees or general dissatisfaction.

Others who worked direclty with children were very kind and great people to work with.
Pros
Consistent pay
Cons
micromanagement, no vacation, sick or holiday pay until you complete 1 year
Very unprofessional
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJune 5, 2018
Loved working with the children, but the teachers and administrators made it very hard to do your job. Lots of drama especially with the director. Extremely difficult to get days off for family, and Dr appointments.
children's discovery center
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 7, 2018
I liked this place and enjoyed working there; although job security and the wage I was making made it hard for me to stay there. The staff was really nice and supportive.
Coordinator/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 22, 2018
Provided uniforms and tools required to do the job. Tons of training and certifications. Very clean. Happy / fun staff. Would recommend for sure to families with young children.
Amazing
CLASSROOM TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIApril 6, 2018
You know that a place really cares about you when they put in the effort to train you. You start out with multiple days of training before starting in the classroom. Children's Discovery Center is a place that you enjoy going to work. You get to know your co-workers and the parents really well. They offer many benefits, including PTO, paid holidays, health insurance and 401K's along with many others. The way things are done can be a little confusing at first, but the other staff members are always willing to help out as needed.
Poorly managed and understaffed
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 4, 2018
Working there was stressful and employees were not compensated well for the amount of work that they put into a typical day. Extremely understaffed which, for a daycare, is not good.
Play outside all day
STAFF DIRECTOR, TEACHER (Former Employee) –  South Austin, TXMarch 7, 2018
This place is great for teachers and children who love being outside. The children have access to playing outside throughout the day. The outdoors is used as another "teacher" and the staff get to set up open-ended activities. This school hosts parent and teacher training's, and enrolls their staff in early childhood certifications.
Pros
Fun environment and unique philosophy
Cons
No health care
Wonderful to work for them
YOUNG TWOS TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 6, 2018
I have worked for this company for 4+ years and have gained new insights in working for a daycare. They are friendly and care about their employees. This a family friendly business.
It is satisfying knowing you provided the best care and structure to a child
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VA 24019February 11, 2018
it is a fast paced environment as the children are demanding in needing the care and attention and watching over them to ensure they are not hurt and listening to the parents for what they want for their child. You have to be flexible with constant changes.
Lead Teacher
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 23, 2018
I enjoyed caring for infants and toddlers. What I didn't like is that for three years of work, I only got an 30 cent raise. I was never told good job but if I did something wrong I was immediately addressed.
Pros
poor management
Cons
guarenteed 40 hrs.
Horrible managment
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  OmahaJanuary 8, 2018
Worst place ever dont ever work for them. Horrible people. They are so rude. And also so mean and not understanding at all. So disrespectful to everyone.
Productive, Intelligent, Caring and Supportive Staff
Camp Director (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLDecember 10, 2017
A fabulous place to work! Caring, compassionate, supportive and cooperative staff with very flexible hours. However, there were not continuous growth opportunities or room for advancement.
It was ok
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Toledo ohioNovember 25, 2017
Promised to move up in the company and then when you do, they take it away. No help from management and no back up either when a problem arises. Not fully training staff on what needs to be done and then when you don’t do what they want you get in trouble. There isn’t enough time in the day for everything they want you to do. When there are behavior issues, there is no support on handling them. You are pretty much at a fend for yourself and hope you don’t get in trouble.
Loved the children management unprofessional
Teacher (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 24, 2017
Unprofessional management team and petty co workers. Love the children but the management and teachers made it dfficult to come to work. No support could barely get time off would out finding a sub first
Pros
Children and parents
Cons
Unprofessional management and co-workers
fun work place
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHOctober 22, 2017
We spent a lot of time trying to teach the kids something new everyday. I always wanted to make sure each kid was happy about learning, if they weren't happy they didn't want to listen and cooperate. Each day was filled with something new, I learned so much about have patience with kids and that each child is special in their own way. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the children who had rough times at home and they had to come in, they were usually the most aggressive. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles on all the kids faces everyday.
i worked at fun places. i always liked where i worked
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 21, 2017
it was a fun place to work being around babies and little kids. it was enjoyable to work for. i enjoyed working in the office. I also did a lot of retail part time and full time. i work very good with the public. I've always worked with public. i'm very out going with the customers and people. I also can do paperwork like reports to district manager and my boss. can do payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Pros
discounts and free food in offices
Cons
healthcare and paid vacations
have fun working with children
Head Techer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 7, 2017
it was a fun place to work and working with children. it had it ups and downs. learn a lot about children and working with them. coworkers we fun too.
Pros
like working with children
Cons
no insurance