Children's Friend Employee Reviews

Clean and relaxed environment
Assistant Pre-Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAJuly 18, 2018
Managers were very helpful from day one. Staff are friendly and helpful to all new people. Rooms were well equipped. Resoures were available and at the ready when needed.
a lot of flexibility
BILINGUAL RECEPTIONIST/SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 19, 2018
I like Children's Friend because they have good benefits, they are flexible with the hours. If you have to leave work mid-day you can make up the hours another day.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay, bi-weekly pay
Great Place to Work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMarch 18, 2018
Children's Friend is a great nonprofit to work for with a supportive environment. The agency does a lot for the vulnerable children in the state of Rhode Island.
Rewarding place to work
WIC/Head Start Nutritionist (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 14, 2017
Pros: I enjoy my time working for Children's Friend. A non-profit organization that strive to make a difference of the lives of families. I work for the WIC program so I am working with postpartum, prenatal, breastfeeding and nonbreastfeeding moms, infants and children under the age of 5. Workers are great and enjoyable to work with. I love what I do. Benefits are pretty good and vacation time offered is great.
Pros
Rewarding, You are definitely making a difference in people's lives
Cons
Downsides is that with workload, salary isn't the greatest.
Family oriented
Cashier/Receptionist-FT (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 12, 2017
I like that they are flexible and family oriented. It depends on which location you are station can be a little stress full but other than that is a decent place to work.
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
finding parking at different cites
commitment to families served
EI Dietitian and Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Central Falls, RIOctober 1, 2017
My position is primarily home visiting; position contingent on billable hours, poor compensation, little/no opportunities for advancement. Strong, supportive culture.
just fine
Data Entry Associate and IS Helpdesk (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 31, 2017
benefits are good compensation is OK. The people are great to work with. Overall it was just ok ..benefits are really good and vacation are great...its just the salary is not enough.
CF is Diverse!
Lead Head Start Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 28, 2017
CF offers a wide range of diverse clients and I enjoyed my experience with them. The families are concerned about their children's growth and development and willing to form a partnership for the best success for their child.
Good enviroment
Family Preservation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 7, 2017
Good company to work for. Compensation is not competitive with other non profits. However they have a good benefit package. Not too much room for growth. No diversity in upper management
Up beat environment
CHILD CARE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJanuary 18, 2017
Children's Friend was an exciting company to work for. Always having workshops and events to further your education and advancements in careers
Front Desk/Receptionist
Bilingual Receptionist/Secretary/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 17, 2016
Great place to work. They care for the community and employees. I will work on the front desk in the mornings and as a administrative assistance for the rest of the day.
A great place to work.Everyone is helpful & friendly.
shool bus driver (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 12, 2016
drive school bus,mail run, help with lunch for the kids. everyone works together. loved my job being with the kids. The company offer many benefits and had a good medical plan and offered 401K.
Pros
I worked with this company for ten years.
Cons
so many meeting.
Wide ranging programming for holistically supporting children & families
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 6, 2016
Children's Friend is dedicated to serving the most vulnerable children and families of Rhode Island. There are many programs outside of the school that are positive and helpful. However, they are not always effectively intertwined.
Childcare
Child Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 14, 2016
I love working with children. They are easy to get alone with and they are fun to be around. I can do art work and music with them. they keep your going. Never be bore with them.
Good company to work for
Dad's Worker (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 16, 2015
The manager of my program is professional and has great vision. I provide home visiting/ group facilitation/ case management services for fathers who are driven to improve their parenting skills. My team is exemplary in every aspect. We work well together and communicate with each other very well.
Great workplace
Family Support Worker/Family Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJuly 27, 2015
Great agency to work for. Everyone is caring, they take into consideration the feelings and opinions of all employees Co-workers are very helpful. Hardest part of the job is the families.
A great experience with employees and it was like a big family to me
Internship Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 12, 2015
Children's Friend is a friendly place for all kids, and it has an amazing work ethic. The employees were also friendly, they would always put a smile on your face. The management was well-organized. What I learned at Children's Friend was that when you as an employee does a good job at something difficult, it means that you had achieved something that was impossible.
Pros
Employees were respectful and were also prepared for the day
Cons
Kids were a bit loud
Great Non Profit
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 3, 2015
Helps many needy families in the core downtown areas, Providence, Pawtucket, Central Falls.

Head Start program for these areas

great culture, great job, love the people and the good things we do for the community.
Pros
Vacation/Sick time, 37.5 hours a week
Cons
location
fun place to work
Lead Teacher Pre-K (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 26, 2015
Children friend was a great place to work the staff was a team player. every one tried to help each other in any way they could. we make sure the children was learning and safe. The teachers worked well with the parents too, helping them to understand how their children learn and how they could help the children learn.
Pros
free lunchfor all the children
Cons
materials for learning
Fun workplace
Administrative Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 21, 2015
A dynamic work place, very friendly and i enjoy the fast that I can help the community. The organization help family and kids it feel good to make a different and kid life.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Can be emotional exhausting.