CHILDREN'S HEALTH COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Good company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 8, 2018
A nice place to work. Pay is ok but not great, but it is a nonprofit, so you have to factor in that you are working for a good cause. Nice location, on Stanford campus.
Pros
Work life balance, good cause
Cons
Pay is not as good as private sector
Chc-ebc
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 17, 2018
Take from it what you will. EBC can be a learning experience however, be careful there. I think EBC is very cliquey, and the management could be more attuned to the company culture for a better experience as a whole. When I was a newcomer I did not feel welcome by most of the staff there. Employee retention is poor, because they're more concerned with fitting quotas than valuing employee satisfaction. Being flexible is key in all of life, however people are not mind readers! EBC communication line is no bueno
Excellent caring staff.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 16, 2016
Was hired as administration assistant but then was asked to fill in for receptionist who was leaving employment. Heavy phone(s) work, logging in clients for counseling. Enjoyed the diversity of the children coming in, as well as the deep caring demonstrated by the psychologists working with them. Was not satisfied with being a receptionist as that was not the job I applied for.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, excellent employees.
Great for the community
Frontdesk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 5, 2015
This company had its ups and downs but I must say in the beginning it felt like a family and you could feel this when you spoke with anyone about this company. However like anything things had to change.
Pros
great pay
Cons
New management
flexible work place
Accounting Specialist/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 27, 2015
My position was very flexible in which helped me continue with my career but yet spend time with my family. I started with one position and was able to grow and assist in others. Due to a reorg in my department, I was let go.
Not a very up and coming place to work
IT Helpdesk Support and Management (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 6, 2012
Their are a nonprofit agency and about to go out of business.
Work day would be putting out many fires that occur with non trained employes that don't know how to use even the email system
Management is shaky at best always looking for the cheap fix instead of doing it right the first time. Coworkers are great and fun to be with.
Pros
good people
Cons
no place for advancment or a long term job
Helping families with challenging lives
Accounts Payable/Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 21, 2012
Outstanding place that offers families with challenges, perspective. Typical day was handling high volume of calls from clients, processing client registration and processing accounts payables. Helping the business office run smoothly. Co-workers are knowledgeable and friendly. Clinical staff very supportive. Interacting with families helping them process payments. Management is highly esteemed by all. People are helpful and work well together to get the job done. Enjoyed seeing the kids and families come in through the business office.
Pros
everyone worked hard to get job done.
Cons
no advancement and no raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHILDREN'S HEALTH COUNCIL. Our community is ready to answer.

CHILDREN'S HEALTH COUNCIL Reviews by Location