Children's Health Employee Reviews

I would stay away from childrens
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2018
This department is on its way to imploding. You will be hired to nights and told that you can go to dayshift quickly. This is a huge lie and you will be on night shift for a long time before having the opportunity to switch. It is impossible to get PTO. You must schedule a year in advance and as soon as it opens to schedule people will be on at midnight to take all the days. It is easier to call in for vacation except you are only allowed to miss 5 days in a year. If you miss more then you are counseled and must come up with a plan to improve. If you continue to miss work then you are terminated. The managers and department head are worthless. We were told by the department head that if we got lunch one day then we were not working hard enough. The managers will not stand up for you and will constantly ask you to go against policy if it is what the doctors want. We are constantly made promises of improvement yet nothing happens. The insurance is terrible. The only benefit of working here is that the salary is slightly better than most places. It is not just respiratory that has problems because the nurses constantly complain as well. I would stay away from childrens at all costs.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
PSYCHIATRY- CLINICAL THERAPIST-Curriculum/outcome-teaching clinical therapy
Psychiatry Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2018
NEGATIVE: Research-curriculum/teaching/booklet/outcome based type of therapy. No room for creativity, autonomy or other approaches of therapy. Periodic and frequent evaluations and observations.

POSITIVE: Good environment, and supportive team work (unless you are under the loop), great place for learning from other disciplines (neurology, psychiatry, etc).
A department that lost Integrity
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2018
Poor Leadership
Poor Accountability
Favor those that never question authority
HR is only present to protect those in power while turning back to bullying and lying.
Pros
salary
Cons
management that is only in it for what they can put in their pockets
If you can't brown nose, you won't go anywhere
Account Service Representative/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2018
They expect you to put job above family. They expect loyalty from employee but give mine in return. The statement no child is refused treatment is a lie. If you can't pay you can't be seen. It is all about the bottom line, money, money, money.
Pros
Cons
Insurance is good
My time at Children's
Senior Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Excellent place to work at with great pay & great benefits. I work 10 hours 4 days a week so get a long weekend. I would recommend this place to anyone...
Pros
great benefits, pay & schedule
Cons
Don't tell them you have a disability.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 31, 2018
They Discriminated against me once they found out I have a disability and found a loophole to terminate me in the process, and at a point where my disease was at its worst. Even though I was cleared to work by 2 separate doctors and felt like I showed exceptional work ethic. Once they found out they started treating me differently than my coworkers and made me feel ashamed to have a disability. For them, it is all about the money, not they children. They treat their staff with disrespect.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Discrimate against employees with disabilities, money hungry
Great company with great culture
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Dallas TxAugust 23, 2018
I absolutely love being an employee at Children's and would refer everyone to be a part of the team. The culture is amazing and leadership really appreciates it's employees
Pros
Very appreciative of employees
Cons
Short breaks
Great atmosphere
Ambulatory Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2018
Great people and work environment. I had a great boss who really cared about us which made everything better. Great benefits, even for part time employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
none!
Good benefits poor work environment
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2018
Good benefits for a single person and PTO . For family a bit expensive.
Management for non degree holding positions don't too much care about you. They just want you to show up and work

Supervisors are about the same

If you are not in the " In crowd" its hard to Advance
benefits
Cons
work environment
Excellent Place to intern
Administrative Intern, Virtual Health Department (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2018
A wonderful place to learn about the basics of pediatric healthcare. Worked with managers and operations professionals to complete projects and support full-time staff.
Pros
knowledgeable managers
Cons
unpaid internship
Stay away from the Health Plan
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 24, 2018
The health system seems to be filled with really passionate smart people. However, the health-plan has leaders in place that have no business leading other people. They're deceitful, manipulative and downright mean. They make big promises about growth and career opportunity. However, after a week or two, most people realize the terrible mistake they've made by joining the place.
Pros
Making a difference for children
Cons
Terrible leadership, no respect, nasty culture
Overworked
Utilization Review Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 23, 2018
Overworked 7 days a week. No work life balance. Expected to work all hours of the day and weekend due to being backlogged or last minute requests with no work life balance.

No understanding when children are ill. Work from home is an issue. Most companies do not care if your children are home as long as they are not bothering you while working. This company is not like that. They want no one in your home while you are working. You are expected to have back up help at home at all times and if not you can be fired on the spot. They are not family friendly.
Loving and respectful environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2018
They provide a variety of things for employees, as well as training PCT in numerous areas. All in all an awesome company, wishing to go back soon after completing my Associates.
no comment
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2018
No additional comments at this time to protect my identity and the integrity of the department and professionals I worked with which was a very hardworking and dedicated group of individuals.
Great patients, great team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 9, 2018
Truly focused on mission to make life better for children. Great pay compared to others in area. Middle management could use some work in listening to bedside staff. Decent staff to patient ratios though often short staffed on nursing, RT, and PCTs.
Exciting and fast paced environment with fun team
Dietary Aide/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2018
Working at this hospital has not only taught me to cherish life, but it showed me how to be organizational and attentive. The compensation and all the benefits offered is the best, and the job flow and tasks couldn't be any easier. Management team is very understanding and willing to work with you. Only you can get yourself fired.
Pros
Free lunch, employee perks
Cons
short breaks
N/a
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2018
Your experience at Children's Health depends on you, your management, team and the morale of the entire department. My time being here has shown me a lot.
Management turn on you in an instant.
Patient Care Technician/ Unit Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2018
If you were a trainer and did not rubber stamp a new employee, or said that you had concerns with their skills your life was ever after made unbearable until you quit.
It's a nice place to work.
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2018
Children's has a lot of great benefits. They are flexible with your hours as long as you get the job completed. What I learned at Children's is that corporate america is a difficult environment to work in.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor management
Poor Management
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
I loved working for Children's at the beginning, throughout the years the quality within the organization went down hill. When you have individuals whom worked for this facility for 13+ years decide to start over, that alone says a lot.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Favoritism, disrespect, disregard to employee needs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight