Play YouTube video button
Updates from Children's Health:

Children's Health Employee Reviews

United States315 reviews
Lots of favoritism
I have worked at cmc for over 10 years. I have been turned down for TL jobs for people who have spent less time with the company and have not worked as hard as I have. Over the ten years I have seen my department decline with leadership and educators. My current department shows lots of favoritism and it shows. Some people are able to show up consistently late and leave early no questions asked. Cmc pays well if not I would be gone years ago
Great
Worked there for a long time. Enjoyed it for the most part, management and politics were sometimes a problem which is pretty much any hospital organization.
great company to work for
5 stars i would work for this amazing organization again. great pay great management great people managment is amazing. room to grow within this facility
They pay you good
EVS is the worse department to work for no respect shown to employees that come in everyday and do there jobs and you mistreated on a daily basis any other department is fine.
Team oriented and always learning more
I learned so much working here. I had already been in my field for about 8 years yet the pediatric world is so different and my coworkers were incredible at making me feel welcomed with the little knowledge I had about pediatric aimed pathologies, diseases and even imaging. I truly felt the business is as transparent as they can be and the management team really listens to what you have to say. I loved being a part of this team.
Pros
Great teamwork, Management continuously surprised the staff with gifts and appreciation, Great benefits and Matching contributions
Cons
Did not gain enough PTO per paycheck - hence the low grade on the job work/life balance.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Management is bad!!!
Management is bad they have too much preference don't know what they're doing expect others to do other people work but other than that they offer good benefits and reimbursements.
Great place to work! The company vision and vision is very accurate with what the whole hospital move toward. The staff is professional and caring. Is the best hospital for children's to get better .
The Hospital makes sure that the staff is well trained and the environment is safe for Children's and staff.
Very good pay and benefits as far as a not for profit hospital goes! Overall the company definitely prioritizes the customer but employee satisfaction is also very important to Children’s Health. I can say I’ve never worked for a better company.
Dynamic and fast paced
Largest level 1 trauma center in the area with a high volume of patients. Learn new things daily. Must be adaptable and able to manage many complex patients simultaneously.
Children’s Health is a great place to work. They truly care about their employees. Their mission is to make life better for children and go above and beyond to do so
Making life better for children
This is a great organization that believes in their mission statement. I worked there off and on for over 10 years and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff work well together. The pay for what I did was a bit low; however, I valued my boss, co-workers, and the children.
They have a great mission to help children and families
Great organization to work. Many employees have been there for decades and refer friends to interview! Good opportunity for advancement with so many different programs.
Toxic Work Environment
At first, I really enjoyed working at Children’s Health because I love working with kids and knowing I had a purpose in helping the little ones get the best quality of care possible. Unfortunately, this was not the case. The department I worked in was very toxic, full of gossip, lazy coworkers, and favoritism from management. I hope in the future these issues will change for the better.
Pros
Benefits and employee appreciation gifts from the hospital
Cons
Terrible management and toxic work environment
Great!
Children’s Medical is a great company. I love my floor and my manager always advocates for us. She makes sure that we are up to date with the latest to take the best care of our patientsz
Concierge
Greeting and badging all visitors. Work closely with other departments. Work in different areas of hospital and specialty clinics in Dallas and Plano facility.
Drama/Stressful/Too many work hours!!
Okay so I respect Children's as a hospital & everything they do for children BUT actually working here is HORRIBLE! This is probably one of the worse jobs I've ever had & it is mainly because of the people you work with & everything is so unorganized! This position can be very stressful & very overwhelming and when you work around negative people & negative shift leads it literally makes your job worse & makes you not want to be there. Then you have to work 12 hour shifts and you are mainly on your feet all day and all over the place. Way too much drama also!! This position has been a real eye opener for me and being around rude negative individuals is terrible!
Good organization to be apart of.
Working and maintaining HVAC equipment for critical areas like Operations Rooms, and Heart Center. Using the automated system to monitor pressure, temperature and humidity.
The best part of my job is to make life better for children’s.
Worse Job In Entire Employment Career
I was warned about Children's management style before I accepted a position. However, it wasn't until I started working there I realized how true it was. Staff are immature, too worried about telling on each other then working. Management is worried about miniscule issues and schedule meetings about every minor thing. Example, employee saying you didn't respond to them a certain way, to stepping away and taking a break to make a phone call. I have never worked somewhere where I felt my every move was under a microscope. There isn't a lot of racial diversity of the staff, especially, with the nursing and medical assistant staff. The environment is one of bullying, micromanaging and being treated like the child. All you hear are employee complaints about management, yet they stay. There is a huge turnover in a lot of departments. I took a pay cut when I left. That speaks volumes, I'd rather make less and be happy and work where I am appreciated.
Wonderful team envoirnment
Children's is an incredible place to work. It is a team based environment and everyone cares deeply about the patients and their families. It is a very fast paced environment with alot of responsibility. There are some hard cases and you learn something new daily.
Great Place but...
Great place but HR doesn’t care much about the employees they do everything by the book, small thing any other company would over look they will not. Hard work doesn’t mean anything to HR But management and employees are wonderful
N/a
They treat us really well . To all employees they are always thinking of us having events for us, take our feedback inconsideration when we have changes or ideas how to make it better for families I have been here for about 9 years and it has been great and rewarding.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight