Children's Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Loving and respectful environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2018
They provide a variety of things for employees, as well as training PCT in numerous areas. All in all an awesome company, wishing to go back soon after completing my Associates.
Great patients, great team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 9, 2018
Truly focused on mission to make life better for children. Great pay compared to others in area. Middle management could use some work in listening to bedside staff. Decent staff to patient ratios though often short staffed on nursing, RT, and PCTs.
Exciting and fast paced environment with fun team
Dietary Aide/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2018
Working at this hospital has not only taught me to cherish life, but it showed me how to be organizational and attentive. The compensation and all the benefits offered is the best, and the job flow and tasks couldn't be any easier. Management team is very understanding and willing to work with you. Only you can get yourself fired.
Pros
Free lunch, employee perks
Cons
short breaks
N/a
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2018
Your experience at Children's Health depends on you, your management, team and the morale of the entire department. My time being here has shown me a lot.
Management turn on you in an instant.
Patient Care Technician/ Unit Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2018
If you were a trainer and did not rubber stamp a new employee, or said that you had concerns with their skills your life was ever after made unbearable until you quit.
It's a nice place to work.
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2018
Children's has a lot of great benefits. They are flexible with your hours as long as you get the job completed. What I learned at Children's is that corporate america is a difficult environment to work in.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor management
Poor Management
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
I loved working for Children's at the beginning, throughout the years the quality within the organization went down hill. When you have individuals whom worked for this facility for 13+ years decide to start over, that alone says a lot.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Favoritism, disrespect, disregard to employee needs
Avoid if you can, unless a RN who loves kids
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 13, 2018
See the positive, good place for a nurse who loves kids.
In my opinion, one of the most unethical places I have ever worked in my long career! It was very sad to see the things I saw, quickly realized this was not about kids, but making some people wealthy.
Pros
Salary; the nurses are great! A lot of good people who care about kids
Cons
Fraternity, (opinion) Unethical Hiring Practices, manipulation of data, Incompetent uneducated Executive Management Team, They use the red balloon to get money for themselves vs. kids (private co., no accountability)
Great environment to work at.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 4, 2018
I loved this job very much and what it use to stand for selfless service, passionate advocacy, commitment to excellence, and unwavering integrity, but recently all of Children's clinics got sold to a new company that does not have the same believes.
Pros
Great Doctors
Job review
Referral Coordinator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 23, 2018
I love the staff that I work with, providers included. We all are here for the patients and their well being. I feel that I can go to anyone in the office to ask for either help or an answer to my questions.
Workplace
Equipment Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 12, 2018
Enljoy interacting with other departments. Good place to work if you enjoy being around and helping kids. Doctors are really concerned about their patients.
Pleasant place to work for
PBX Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2018
Very busy environment learned a lot about the medical field the hardest part of the job was the management and how employees were being treated but overall fun and different than a typical office job.
Its a good place to work
Ambulatory Service Representative Call Center (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2018
Its a good place to work but sometimes it could be stressful and very busy and management team can sometime not be fair and when it gets busy they don't get help
Unprofessional
Finance (Former Employee) –  DallasMarch 23, 2018
In my time @ Children’s I havne’t witnessed more childish, unprofessional environment since Elementary school. Most people are forced to wear ear plugs or hide in conferences rooms while the tenured staff enjoys get together and food parties. This company is for those that do not want to get ahead in their career, have given up and are more interested in their fun and leisure time then their occupation.
Pay is awful, expect 25 peercentile at best, expensive health care cost, and poor time off (you are required to work holidays or take a PTO day). The trouble is the hospital tries to treat clinical and non-clinical as the same, whereas it’s different worldsl
Pros
Don’t have to work hard
Cons
Poor benefits, pay
Great workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2018
great work life balance
great employee recognition
make life better for children's
encouragement of growth
good communication skills
love working with patients
Sr. Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 6, 2018
I very much enjoyed working at Children's. The interaction with the employees & the patients was always a joy also my bosses were very helpful in the day to day running of things.
Pros
People
Cons
Sometimes long hours
great company to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 29, 2018
enjoyed my time at children's hate to leave but will be moving out of the city. It's a really great company to work for that only has room to grow they will help you among the process.
Great atmosphere, friendly employees
SPECIAL EVENTS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2018
It was great to work with such a team oriented atmosphere where all employees were treated with respect. I would recommend working there to anyone interested in a long term position.
Great workplace and benefits, little advancement opportunity, wage gap
Patient and Family Experience Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Children's is a great hospital to work for, they are very attentive to benefit needs and allow for paid time off, as well as the environment being very friendly and cheerful. However there is a significant pay gap between men and women, and advancement opportunities are rare and annual pay increases are minuscule.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, wage gap, minimal advancement opportunities
busy environment
Plant Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 25, 2017
days were organized and structured. very good team environment. no micro managing. opportunity to learn new things and expand career. management is involved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight