Children's Health Employee Reviews

Productive and the Children made it Rewarding
Program Assistant-Dialysis Unit (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2018
A typical day was stressful and rewarding at the same time. It is very quick paced and there are many obstacles but the children's smiles and their families thankfulness makes it all worth it.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 18, 2018
One of the best places to work in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex area. It is a family oriented environment and a really good place for working mothers.
Strong mission focus
Director, Financial Operations & Cost Management (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2018
Strong mission focus, provides excellent care to very sick children. Offers a full range of pediatric services, in Dallas and Plano. Long standing committment to the community.
fun and rewarding place to work
Registered Sleep Technologist Childrens Health (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 5, 2018
intense moments
management needs work
enjoyed the children and families
I learned so much with hands on
the hardest part was thermally ill children
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
never enough staff to soften the load
review
ER Patient Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2018
enjoyed working here for 5 years. I was ready to move to higher positions. There were few opportunities i did interview for but unfortunatly wasn't provided for me at the time and was offered something outside of children's.
Fast Paced Environment to work at
SCHEDULER COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Dallas, txNovember 27, 2018
Faced paced, challenging work environment. The staff is friendly. We work as a team. Our supervisor takes our ideas into consideration and we are able to work as a team
Pros
Great coworkers and management
Cons
Short breaks
Strong servant culture with high technical proficiency
Sr Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2018
Children's has a strong mission that most abide by and a tradition of high technical proficiency among employees. The pace of Children's is relaxed and management has an open door policy.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Turn over in management
Its a job
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2018
Its a job. They do offer good benefits for a single person a bit more costly for a family. Management has there picks. If you are not one you are screwed over. Odd system of not being allowed to transfer to a new department without your managers approval only. Which means if you are in a position you work hard at, but they have had an issue holding on to folks they will never let you leave that position due to their lack of wanting to find someone to replace you.
benefits
Cons
management
work
Pediatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2018
A typical day at work is very very busy. The most challenging part of my job is taking care of the little ones and their family as well. The most rewarding part of my job is seeing the little ones smile, laugh, and play as they are nurse back to good health.
I review Childrens Health of Dallas a 4
Patient Account Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2018
A typical work day was very stressful, things changed on a day to day basics. There was no guidelines in place to correct new edits when the new CRD took place. As a billers we all worked together to solve most of the billing edits, our main goal is to process clean claim.
It was a great experience
Language Access Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 28, 2018
This is a company that really strives to make life better for children. Most employees do really leave by the company's values. It is a great place to work in.
great company
Assist Senior Recruiting Team (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2018
This is a good company, I came in as a contractor and my contract extended for two years. I learned a lot, my team was great .........................
It is fine, if you can handle staffing issues
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2018
I love the mission of the organization. I love working in pediatrics. What frustrates me is unlikely to change. Staffing is an ongoing issue. I know we can do this more efficiently. It's just no one is listening. We just keep doing it the way we have always done it.
Pros
great mission, great coworkers
Cons
staffing, turnover
I would stay away from childrens
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2018
This department is on its way to imploding. You will be hired to nights and told that you can go to dayshift quickly. This is a huge lie and you will be on night shift for a long time before having the opportunity to switch. It is impossible to get PTO. You must schedule a year in advance and as soon as it opens to schedule people will be on at midnight to take all the days. It is easier to call in for vacation except you are only allowed to miss 5 days in a year. If you miss more then you are counseled and must come up with a plan to improve. If you continue to miss work then you are terminated. The managers and department head are worthless. We were told by the department head that if we got lunch one day then we were not working hard enough. The managers will not stand up for you and will constantly ask you to go against policy if it is what the doctors want. We are constantly made promises of improvement yet nothing happens. The insurance is terrible. The only benefit of working here is that the salary is slightly better than most places. It is not just respiratory that has problems because the nurses constantly complain as well. I would stay away from childrens at all costs.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
PSYCHIATRY- CLINICAL THERAPIST-Curriculum/outcome-teaching clinical therapy
Psychiatry Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2018
NEGATIVE: Research-curriculum/teaching/booklet/outcome based type of therapy. No room for creativity, autonomy or other approaches of therapy. Periodic and frequent evaluations and observations.

POSITIVE: Good environment, and supportive team work (unless you are under the loop), great place for learning from other disciplines (neurology, psychiatry, etc).
A department that lost Integrity
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2018
Poor Leadership
Poor Accountability
Favor those that never question authority
HR is only present to protect those in power while turning back to bullying and lying.
Pros
salary
Cons
management that is only in it for what they can put in their pockets
If you can't brown nose, you won't go anywhere
Account Service Representative/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2018
They expect you to put job above family. They expect loyalty from employee but give mine in return. The statement no child is refused treatment is a lie. If you can't pay you can't be seen. It is all about the bottom line, money, money, money.
Pros
Cons
Insurance is good
My time at Children's
Senior Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Excellent place to work at with great pay & great benefits. I work 10 hours 4 days a week so get a long weekend. I would recommend this place to anyone...
Pros
great benefits, pay & schedule
Cons
Don't tell them you have a disability.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 31, 2018
They Discriminated against me once they found out I have a disability and found a loophole to terminate me in the process, and at a point where my disease was at its worst. Even though I was cleared to work by 2 separate doctors and felt like I showed exceptional work ethic. Once they found out they started treating me differently than my coworkers and made me feel ashamed to have a disability. For them, it is all about the money, not they children. They treat their staff with disrespect.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Discrimate against employees with disabilities, money hungry
Great company with great culture
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Dallas TxAugust 23, 2018
I absolutely love being an employee at Children's and would refer everyone to be a part of the team. The culture is amazing and leadership really appreciates it's employees
Pros
Very appreciative of employees
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight