Take a peek behind the scenes—from Seacrest Studios to a Strong4Life class, in-hospital gaming station and everywhere in between—to meet the friendly faces who help make Children’s a great place for kids and a great place to work.
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is proud to be ranked among Indeed's top 5 best hospitals to work for in 2018, based on employer ratings and reviews. Learn more here:
Some wear scrubs, some wear suits. Some work with keyboards, some with stethoscopes. No matter what their "office" looks like, there’s something special about every person who wears a Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta badge. We thank each and every one of them for making Children's, well, Children's!
It takes a special person to care for a child. Someone willing to celebrate each patient's triumphs and console them through the trying times. At Children's, we look for people who demonstrate integrity, honesty and teamwork in all they do.
For more than 100 years, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been a leading pediatric healthcare provider. Our mission is to make kids better today and healthier tomorrow. Our specialized care helps children get better faster and live healthier lives. With three hospitals, 28 neighborhood locations and more than 600 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. At Children’s, we do everything we can to support our employees. While you take care of our patients, we’ll take care of you.
Our not-for-profit healthcare System includes:
• 638 licensed beds
• Three hospitals
• Marcus Autism Center
• 28 neighborhood locations, including eight Urgent Care Centers
• The only Level 1 and Level 2 trauma centers in Georgia
• More than 2,600 pediatric physicians representing more than 70 pediatric specialties and programs
• A team of more than 11,100 employees and 7,000 volunteers all committed to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow
Children’s stands out among pediatric providers in size and scope. We handled more than 1 million patient visits through our System in 2017.
By the numbers:
• More than 42,500 surgical procedures
• More 27,000 hospital admissions annually
• More than 158,000 Urgent Care Center visits
• More than 233,000 Emergency Department visits annually
• Nearly 400,000 unique patient visits annually
Our clinical expertise is nationally recognized. We ranked in all 10 specialty areas in the U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Children’s Hospitals in the Nation” for 2018 - 2019, with four areas in the top 20, including:
• Nephrology—No. 7
• Aflac Cancer Center —No. 11
• Gastroenterology and GI surgery—No. 10
Additional Rankings and Awards:
• "100 Best Companies to Work For" by Fortune magizine
• "100 Best Companies" by Working Mother Magazine
• "Top 10 Places to Work" by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
• "Atlanta's Healthiest Employers" by the Atlanta Business Chronicle
• "Top-Rated Workplaces: Best Hospitals" by Indeed.com
• Ranked in the "Top 25 Companies Where Top Millennials Want to Work by the National Society of High School Scholars
• "30 Best Workplaces in Healthcare" by Fortune magazine
• "100 Best Places to Work in IT" by IDG Computerworld
• 96 Children's Physicians recognized in the "Top Doctors of Atlanta" list by Atlanta Magazine
• Ranked #19 by People Magazine’s “50 Companies That Care 2018” – less