Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2018
I truly enjoyed the culture at CHOA. The work was extremely repetitive which grew old faster that I thought it would however I enjoyed the campus. Very nice place.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
repetitive
A great place to work
Clinical Nurse 4-Pre/Post Cardiac Cath Recovery (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2018
I enjoy working at Childrens because it has a strong work ethic and allows for continued growth for its employees. Very engaged in the community, well respected hospital. Then environment is kid friendly and well managed.
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2018
Children's wages/salaries are low . Management is out of touch and doesn't listen to the people doing the work. They say they want change and claim they empower you to make change but then do not follow through with change.
The hardest part of the job
Managed Care Medical Lead Collector (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2018
The Hardest part of the Job Is the people. The work is ok. But the people you work with makes things harder. I love the flex hours and I love my manager however teams unhappiness makes things harder.
Great Health benefits
Assistant Program Manager/Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2018
Children's has an employee benefits program that offers discounted rates on personal travel accommodation. The program also offers discounted rates on events, and theme parks around Atlanta.
Well established facility that provides great care
RN (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GASeptember 16, 2018
CHOA is a fun place to work that is truly devoted to caring for children. Even after the facility was supposed to close, staff often stayed over in order to safely discharge patients to the best suitable place.
Choa
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GASeptember 14, 2018
I typically work in the PICU where I manage patients airways, draw capillary blood gases, and administer oxygen and breathing treatments. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping children feel better of course!
Challenging but rewarding
CUSTOMER RESOURCE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2018
If you focus on the care of the children, everything else will seem insignificant no matter what challenges you face. If you're a parent you will catch on to this fairly quickly. It does take a decent level of patience and compassion to work here. No two families are the same.
Project Manager Support to Emergency Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2018
Management does not have a great idea on how to run a hospital they need to step they game up the ER department management really need help and not everyone need to try and be the boss.
Pathologists' Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2018
Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta is a great place to work. The amount of love and hope they give to the children here is amazing. I would highly recommend this organization.
Pros
People
Cons
Big Institution
Just an IT tech in a Hospital World
Epic Ambulatory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2018
Overall it was not bad working here, There was A LOT of upheavals the second year, with many people departing, three MAJOR projects on a tight deadline and a communication system that is antiquated at best
Pros
nice work environment, cafeteria and gym downstains
Cons
problematic communication, long drive
Productive work pkace
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2018
My experience with this institution was cery knowledgeable. The work in a Healthcare environment surely was an addition to my housekeeping experience.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Breaks
Direct supervision problematic
Microbiologist, molecular (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2018
SOPs are all online. Hands on training can be difficult. The first weeks are spent reading department SOPs. The training needs to be more integrated with online training.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
hands on training
The Best in Pediatric Care
RN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2018
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is committed to be the best healthcare facility for children in the south, in the nation for that matter. They are constantly striving to be the best and in my opinion they are among the best.
As a workplace , things can vary depending on the area and the management but in my department management is very supportive.
Workplace culture varies but as a whole CHOA seems committed to Work, Life , Balance.
Pros
Working with the Children and families is by far the biggest PRO, I love how they have expanded to the suburbs offering families the ability to avoid coming downtown, They seem competitive with salary and benefits
Cons
As I am sure exists many places, space is at a premium so office spaces, cubicles and workspaces are not great .
friendly lively environment
college volunteer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2018
I was a volunteer here and enjoyed every second of it because I had the opportunity to help patients. Everyone had a smile on their face and was very friendly
A great place to work!
Administrative Assistant and Senior System Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2018
I loved working at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. As an organization CHOA is committed to excellence in serving the Children of Atlanta. Great benefits for employees and a culture that gives you a sense that what you do matters and touches the life of others around you. Everyone I worked with was courteous and in nearly all cases friendly in nature.
Pros
Management worked hard to provide encouragement and growth for employees.
Great job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2018
Come to work prompt and ready to work. Make inbound and outbound calls work denials, correspondence, collections, call insurance companies as well as call patients.
Pros
helping rehab patients
Cons
when patient wasn't happy with services
Choa
Radiologic Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2018
I loved the kids. the atmosphere was very up lifting.The hardest thing is seeing children suffering. The best thing is your there to help them feel better!
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great work environment - Childrens hires great people
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2018
Enjoyed my short time at Children's. They value their employees. Employee wellness programs, concierge, workout facility. Positive work environment. Lots of opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Positiive work environment
Cons
No negatives
Professional work place
Paramedic clinical Technicians (Former Employee) –  Tullie Cir, AtlantaAugust 2, 2018
Excellent work environment, provides cutting edge critical care for pediatric population. Compensation should be more competitive. Workplace culture reflects good camaraderie. The hardest part of the job is balancing emotional investment in patients with being a conscientious effective clinician.
Pros
Continuing education
Cons
long commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight