Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Employee Reviews

Choa
Radiologic Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2018
I loved the kids. the atmosphere was very up lifting.The hardest thing is seeing children suffering. The best thing is your there to help them feel better!
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great work environment - Childrens hires great people
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2018
Enjoyed my short time at Children's. They value their employees. Employee wellness programs, concierge, workout facility. Positive work environment. Lots of opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Positiive work environment
Cons
No negatives
Professional work place
Paramedic clinical Technicians (Former Employee) –  Tullie Cir, AtlantaAugust 2, 2018
Excellent work environment, provides cutting edge critical care for pediatric population. Compensation should be more competitive. Workplace culture reflects good camaraderie. The hardest part of the job is balancing emotional investment in patients with being a conscientious effective clinician.
Pros
Continuing education
Cons
long commute
They treat employees well
Simulation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2018
They celebrate employee’s time there and celebrate the staff well. The are true to their mission and are working at always providing the best care to patients and family
Was at first a great company to work for
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2018
It was great at first. I learned alot. Pay was ok.. Benefits were great. Co Workers were good, until one certain mgr. came along. I did get along with everyone though.
The standard
B.R.A.I.N. Program Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2018
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is a company %100 dedicated to the empowerment of children. It was an especial honor to me because I was serviced by this amazing company as well. Thus the opportunity to give back struck a major cord with me and definitely resonated into the service that I provided to the campers. It provided an experience that I will cherish forever.
Great benefits
Senior Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2018
CHOA has wonderful benefits. Their salaries are not the best but it is for a good cause. The people who work here are fantastic! They also have gyms at their locations with access to trainers as well. They do care about work/life balance.
Benefits
Cons
Salary less than competition
Enjoyed my time working there.
PATIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2018
Absolutely loved my job and being able to help children. Work environment was great, everyone got along with one another. Only thing that wasn't so great was management. She would shut down peoples transfers out of the office and gave them bad ratings on performance reviews on purpose so nobody could advance or grow within the company. You are just basically just stuck in limbo without being able to transfer out anywhere else within the system.
Circulator
CVOR / O.R. Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  EglestonJuly 19, 2018
RN- at Egleston very poor management. Loved the work but, turn over was poor. For my understanding,
The Scottish Rite was a better environment. The doctors were more pleasant when it came to the kids...
I like working with kids
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 18, 2018
I have been here almost 7 years and this is where I have always wanted to work. The few months have been really hard. No on site parking for employees, no sign on bonuses for x-ray techs, no bonus in 3 years, and just constantly being dumped on.
Pros
Cons
No real raise, no bonus, no on site parking for employees
Good Place to Work
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
Worked on average 10-12 hour days
Culture was centered around their patients having a great experience and their employees.
Recognized and Celebrated their employees for any and all accomplishments.
Immediate Management could have been better and more supportive instead of not being supportive of their Leadership.
Great place to work!
Provider Capacity Consultant- Contact Center (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
Children's Healthcare Of Atlanta is a great place to work! They offer great benefits and great personal time off. I am happy to have called this home for the past 9 years.
Nice Company
Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
NIce Company to work at. Really good people to work with. I would recommed this company to anyone. Benefits are good and Strong for life is a good source.
awesome place to work
Blood Bank Technologist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2018
great place to work! provides a sense of autonomy. Team work is well lived here, I enjoy my time at work
Great location, Upper management works well together, and there is great support
Fun environment in a nonprofit
Identity and Access Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
Must enjoy the nonprofit aspect of the job, the company mission to save kids is constantly mentioned, meetings are few and the work is meaningful, good place to work
great
Central Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
great place to work, we have good supervisor's which makes any task easy. also the work environment is good.Nice Cafe to have lunch in. great Benefits package.
Pros
discount on lunch
Cons
breaks to short
Very compartmentalized.
RRT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2018
The respiratory department at the time I was there was very compartmentalized. If you were hired for one department (ex: ED, ICU, Med/Surg) there was very little to no chance of rotating or cross-training for different areas of care. Staff was awkward to say the least, but some of them were quite friendly. If you were newest to the crew, you got the crappiest assignments ever after orientation. The best part of this job to me was the kids, watching them improve and feel better. I left mostly because the pay did not match the work, and the commute was awful on both day and night shift. Best attitude here was to keep your head down and your mouth shut, staff close-knit and cliques abound. And I got lost several times in the building during orientation.
Pros
Kids are great, and you get to wear fun clothes.
Cons
understaffing at night
The way that children are helped is rewarding but its all about the company and not the employee.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2018
Managers operate with impunity! Working in the hospitals and being close to the children and being able to impact children everyday was the best part. Working outside of the hospitals have conflicting views on. On one hand the company does a lot of stuff to boost moral such as periodic gifts, gift cards for the holidays etc but the managers on a daily basis, at least in the finance department are horrible.
Very productive
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2018
This is a place where learning and advancement are encouraged. Children's Healthcare of Atlanta's employees form strong bonds with one another and are eager to help when one is in need.
Great Place to Work
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2018
Amazing hospital. Amazing staff. I've worked here for 2 years and I couldn't be happier. My coworkers are devoted to making kids all better. We not only take care of kids but their families as well. There's no better hospital for kids.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight