Children's Healthcare of Atlanta

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Employee Reviews

Micromananing Brutality
Scheduler, Contact Center (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2019
Ok place to work, if you want to be micromanaged and supervised by people who have no idea what they are doing. Management has daily meetings to plan other meetings, that are about the same thing every time.
Not the best place for IT. Going Downhill - New building is the answer to all problems
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Druid Hills, GAMarch 14, 2019
The clinical side is great. This review is based on my experience at IS&T, CHOA's IT department. The people are great to work with but there is a lack of direction from senior leadership. Lack of training opportunities, non -competitive salaries, lack of career advancement. While negotiating salary, 2 day work from home policy and other perks at work were the selling points that HR kept mentioning. The IT leadership has a one size fits all mentality.
The kids were great!!!
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2019
This place doesn’t operate in the real world. They have created a culture where employees are constantly bullied by parents and other coworkers. They don’t try to find out the truth, whoever reports who first gets the other in trouble, very childish atmosphere where personal responsibility is NOT practiced. Telling someone “NO” will get you in trouble even if it’s a so called “company policy” and your job to tell them so. They only want you to enforce rules if it doesn’t upset parents, like your supposed to take it back if the get upset. Basically employees are scared of parents and let them do whatever they want to avoid being reported.
Pros
The kids!!
Cons
Management, Hr, other employees, the hostile work environment!
Loving place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2019
Working at Children's really touches your heart everyday. In my position, we collect patient's information for billing purposes. Our computers sometimes have trouble but when we get through that everything is smooth sailing. Working in the ED is hectic at times, but you just do your part to help out the team and keep it moving.
Pros
Easy work, Good Pay, Work with children
Cons
Long time in PRN position, Difficult to get fulltime, Long hours
excellent work place
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2019
I learn that anything can happen at anytime and you just have to be ready for it and I enjoyed doing my job work place culture is different and the hardest part is the death of a child getting to know people
Pros
Ok
Cons
Ok
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2019
spent Ten years here a very good company and makes you feel good to help other people . I work over night ws hoping to find something little different
The folks behind the scenes care
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 11, 2019
This company has continued to grow and expand its reach of excellence in the field of pediatric healthcare. Strong leadership and dedicated employees really believe in the mission of helping children and families in need.
fun place if you're in the right place
Coordinator, Data Management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 7, 2019
CHOA is an amazing place to work if you are working in the right department! It seemed that many people from IST are not happy with their schedules/demands. Some in managed care were happy and nice people.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Oppourtunity for Advancement
Surgical Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2019
There is no real opportunity for advancement for surgical technologists. They have a program for a "Lead Surgical Technologist" However that is it. The Lead Surgical Technologist is not actually a lead of any particular thing. They have to do projects for the department and do an occasional in-service. No other real benefit except a small raise.
n/a
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2019
Childrens is a great workplace with many growth opportunities. I have advanced my nursing career here and have enjoyed my time at CHOA. They are truly driven to making the lives of Children better.
Revenue Cycle Services
Revenue Cycle Patient Accounts Collector (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2019
Great place to work, great environment. I love working patient accounts and working with the employees. The hardest part applying for leadership positions. Very little leadership openings
Pros
great environment
Cons
low pay
n/a
Formula tech (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2019
A typical day at Children's is great. I learned customer service is everything.The hardest part of the job, thats one thing I haven't experienced yet.
Tries to give you work life balance
Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2019
Great place to work for. Always opportunities for advancement. Most enjoyable part was working with the children. We had great teamwork on our unit. The hardest part is having so many residents.
Parents can be needy but you form life long relationships with the patients and families.
Pros
Culture is great
Cons
Nothing after you retire. Health insurance, Etc.
Awesome company to work for with work/life balance
Staff Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Scottish RiteJanuary 25, 2019
Proud to work for such a fantastic organization that values employees. An excellent orientation program for all new hires. New nurses can elect to have a mentor. Nurses are encouraged to advance with career advancement program. Nurses are support to travel and attend conferences.
Best Pediatric Hospital
RN Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2019
Working at CHOA was the best pediatric experience I have ever had. The resources they have for patients, families and staff are incredible. The best place to work.
Big company, Pretty good work enivironment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30342January 21, 2019
A day to day would involve working with/ meeting clinicians you dont know by name yet, some with bad attitudes and poor team players but most are a joy to work with. Each department has its own manager, so depending on who your manager is will determine whether or not you really enjoy the job.

Manager politics will determine your workload and if incentive pay is offered for poorly staffed shifts
Pros
Before we switched managers high incentive pay (still offered but not as much), easy career advancement, supportive team leaders, discounts on tickets
Cons
mandatory OT shifts during busy season, rude parents
Excellent work and life balance
Cash Applications Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GaJanuary 20, 2019
I am fulfilled daily by working at Children's ....I enjoy knowing that I am able to help families resolve their accounts and focus on their loved one well being and health.
Absolutely loved it.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2019
I don't have enough good things to say about CHOA. They were my favorite organization that I have ever worked for. I loved it so much and hated to leave the job but I wanted to move to California.
Stable and rewarding job experience
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2019
I worked a 7 day on 7 day off work schedule overnight. This shift differential made up for the lack of initial compensation as the work was extremely detailed-oriented. Making a mistake could cost someone their life. It was, at times, a very stressful work environment, however, that is to be expected when working at a children's hospital. The hardest part of the job was the days when we would have traumas as we were in a time crunch to fill all the prescriptions on time and have them ready before the patient arrived to the ER.
I love it here
Process Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2019
CHOA is a great place to work. They believe in work-life balance are very caring. Everyone is approachable and kind. Best place to work in Atlanta.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight