Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my time working there.
PATIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2018
Absolutely loved my job and being able to help children. Work environment was great, everyone got along with one another. Only thing that wasn't so great was management. She would shut down peoples transfers out of the office and gave them bad ratings on performance reviews on purpose so nobody could advance or grow within the company. You are just basically just stuck in limbo without being able to transfer out anywhere else within the system.
Circulator
CVOR / O.R. Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  EglestonJuly 19, 2018
RN- at Egleston very poor management. Loved the work but, turn over was poor. For my understanding,
The Scottish Rite was a better environment. The doctors were more pleasant when it came to the kids...
I like working with kids
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 18, 2018
I have been here almost 7 years and this is where I have always wanted to work. The few months have been really hard. No on site parking for employees, no sign on bonuses for x-ray techs, no bonus in 3 years, and just constantly being dumped on.
Pros
Cons
No real raise, no bonus, no on site parking for employees
Good Place to Work
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
Worked on average 10-12 hour days
Culture was centered around their patients having a great experience and their employees.
Recognized and Celebrated their employees for any and all accomplishments.
Immediate Management could have been better and more supportive instead of not being supportive of their Leadership.
Great place to work!
Provider Capacity Consultant- Contact Center (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
Children's Healthcare Of Atlanta is a great place to work! They offer great benefits and great personal time off. I am happy to have called this home for the past 9 years.
Nice Company
Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
NIce Company to work at. Really good people to work with. I would recommed this company to anyone. Benefits are good and Strong for life is a good source.
awesome place to work
Blood Bank Technologist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2018
great place to work! provides a sense of autonomy. Team work is well lived here, I enjoy my time at work
Great location, Upper management works well together, and there is great support
Fun environment in a nonprofit
Identity and Access Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
Must enjoy the nonprofit aspect of the job, the company mission to save kids is constantly mentioned, meetings are few and the work is meaningful, good place to work
great
Central Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
great place to work, we have good supervisor's which makes any task easy. also the work environment is good.Nice Cafe to have lunch in. great Benefits package.
Pros
discount on lunch
Cons
breaks to short
Very compartmentalized.
RRT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2018
The respiratory department at the time I was there was very compartmentalized. If you were hired for one department (ex: ED, ICU, Med/Surg) there was very little to no chance of rotating or cross-training for different areas of care. Staff was awkward to say the least, but some of them were quite friendly. If you were newest to the crew, you got the crappiest assignments ever after orientation. The best part of this job to me was the kids, watching them improve and feel better. I left mostly because the pay did not match the work, and the commute was awful on both day and night shift. Best attitude here was to keep your head down and your mouth shut, staff close-knit and cliques abound. And I got lost several times in the building during orientation.
Pros
Kids are great, and you get to wear fun clothes.
Cons
understaffing at night
The way that children are helped is rewarding but its all about the company and not the employee.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2018
Managers operate with impunity! Working in the hospitals and being close to the children and being able to impact children everyday was the best part. Working outside of the hospitals have conflicting views on. On one hand the company does a lot of stuff to boost moral such as periodic gifts, gift cards for the holidays etc but the managers on a daily basis, at least in the finance department are horrible.
Very productive
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2018
This is a place where learning and advancement are encouraged. Children's Healthcare of Atlanta's employees form strong bonds with one another and are eager to help when one is in need.
Great Place to Work
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2018
Amazing hospital. Amazing staff. I've worked here for 2 years and I couldn't be happier. My coworkers are devoted to making kids all better. We not only take care of kids but their families as well. There's no better hospital for kids.
I would encourage anyone to apply
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2018
A great place to work. The stakeholders are always concerned about the employees and how they can improve their working environments while still maintaining a committment to healthcare.
Pros
Easy-going environment
Cons
Healthcare has antiquated systems
productive and fun
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2018
* typical day 120 patient max

* Management is very important to keep data base for each provider

*Workplace culture is a very nice family oriented employee based work environment

*Hardest part of the job was telling the family that the patient has to have surgery, or no improvement in their condition, nothing can be done its a congential meaning born that way. No corrective.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the bright little faces of the kids and how they are eager to see the doctor and get a prize from the treasure chest:)
Pros
Meeting new people, learning new thing daily about the orthopedic field
Cons
long hours, long standing
Choa
Solution Center Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2018
A typical day starts with an attitude of hitting the ground and running. I learned that being on a hospital helpdesk is highly stressful and a life is in YOUR hands based on prioritizing and when to escalate an issue. The most enjoyable part is knowing you've helped a sick child by ensuring the doctors, nurses, staff and parents have access and availability to electronic resources when needed.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
stress level; inconsistent schedule even when promised a permanent schedule
Fun and exciting place to work
Evening Cook (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 11, 2018
Team family oriented.fastpaced job,well interested learning activities to grow and learn, always exciting and new skills to learn,great co-workers to have.manager always interested in obtaining a good experience.nice place to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Holidays are working days.
Amazing place to work
Scheduler / Endocrinology (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2018
people are friendly, parents are amazing and the work culture is enjoyable because its fun to help parent s and assist them and their children with their needs.
Overall I Enjoyed working for Childrens. Staff really put the children as a priority. You can see the doctors really care. Competitive pay.
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2018
Overall enjoyed working for this Company. Doctors sincerely cared for and took personal interest in kids. Competitive pay, Nice environment and Employee gifts.
Pros
Fitness program for Employees. Discounts for some events
Cons
Can be very Political when it comes to promotion
Productive workplace that created balanced with work and life
Radiology and Sedation Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2018
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta has provided a tremendous amount of professional opportunities over the past 15 years. With those professional opportunities, I have had the opportunity to foster a lot of personal relationships. What I appreciate the most about this organization is that they recognize and cultivate up and coming leaders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight