Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Employee Reviews

great hospital, horrible pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2018
needs new management, high turnover rate, lack of accountability, understaffed, overworked and underpaid. little to no raises so ask for more money in your interview! everyone parks at emory and catches a shuttle, parking decks are always full or you get a ticket for emory's public safety for some random reason, the cafeteria serves the same boring food every week and also extremely overpriced. pack a lunch but do NOT leave it in your car. friendly environment for the most part. centered around the kids. they often have celebrity guests to visit the children and radio station in the lobby that you can't attend unless you are with a patient soo yeah.
Pros
helping sick kids get better
Cons
absolutely no advancement, minimal raises
The Best in Pediatric Care
RN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2018
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is committed to be the best healthcare facility for children in the south, in the nation for that matter. They are constantly striving to be the best and in my opinion they are among the best.
As a workplace , things can vary depending on the area and the management but in my department management is very supportive.
Workplace culture varies but as a whole CHOA seems committed to Work, Life , Balance.
Pros
Working with the Children and families is by far the biggest PRO, I love how they have expanded to the suburbs offering families the ability to avoid coming downtown, They seem competitive with salary and benefits
Cons
As I am sure exists many places, space is at a premium so office spaces, cubicles and workspaces are not great .
A great place to work!
Administrative Assistant and Senior System Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2018
I loved working at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. As an organization CHOA is committed to excellence in serving the Children of Atlanta. Great benefits for employees and a culture that gives you a sense that what you do matters and touches the life of others around you. Everyone I worked with was courteous and in nearly all cases friendly in nature.
Pros
Management worked hard to provide encouragement and growth for employees.
productive and fun
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2018
* typical day 120 patient max

* Management is very important to keep data base for each provider

*Workplace culture is a very nice family oriented employee based work environment

*Hardest part of the job was telling the family that the patient has to have surgery, or no improvement in their condition, nothing can be done its a congential meaning born that way. No corrective.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the bright little faces of the kids and how they are eager to see the doctor and get a prize from the treasure chest:)
Pros
Meeting new people, learning new thing daily about the orthopedic field
Cons
long hours, long standing
Friendly staff and rewarding work
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2018
Working for CHOA was the most rewarding part of my career. I never felt like I wasnt making an impact on peoples lives by doing the kind of work that was expected. Management was very easy to work with and communicate with. The people that work there are bound to become your best friends and make your work environment very fun. The hardest part was the traffic if you are not living in the local area.
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2018
great place to work, great benefits, great management, friendly atmosphere, opportunity for growth, pay is competitive, hours workable, Understanding.
The best
Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2018
Children's gives you the opportunity to work with the best people you'll ever meet. I found that management was relatively under-experienced (only 2 people, so not across the board). Children's is a fantastic place to work.
Pros
Culture, Organizational Success
Cons
High competition to fill roles/be advanced
overall duties and enjoyment of working in a hospital
Formulation Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2018
working in nutrition I would come in and do my side duties, I will then begin to start checking my cart to see what tickets where due to start delivering food to patients on the floor .. the next steps throughout the day would be going to check on patients to make sure that they are satisfied with service and food, the hardest part about the working in nutrition trying to deal with upset patients when they are not able to eat certain foods because of the diet that they are on . the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make children happy once I brought food to the kids management was really helpful at times especially when things start to get busy.
Pros
free lunch/rewards where taken place working here
Cons
having upset patients that couldnt have certain foods because of there diet
Professional work place
Paramedic clinical Technicians (Former Employee) –  Tullie Cir, AtlantaAugust 2, 2018
Excellent work environment, provides cutting edge critical care for pediatric population. Compensation should be more competitive. Workplace culture reflects good camaraderie. The hardest part of the job is balancing emotional investment in patients with being a conscientious effective clinician.
Pros
Continuing education
Cons
long commute
Nice workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 25, 2018
The healthcare field is built off of politics, play the part, you'll advance in the company. Nice place to work, decent benefits. Still looking to grow within the company.
Decent enough
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAOctober 31, 2018
The place and job were fine just the management team needs a great deal of improving. The benefits were great, the hours flexible, the coworkers fun and engaging all in all not terrible.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stressful managers.
Great Place
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2018
I worked in Sports Medicine and it was amazing. Great work culture, great patients, good pay and benefits. I wish my current job treated me how CHoA treated me.
Great benefits
Senior Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2018
CHOA has wonderful benefits. Their salaries are not the best but it is for a good cause. The people who work here are fantastic! They also have gyms at their locations with access to trainers as well. They do care about work/life balance.
Benefits
Cons
Salary less than competition
Offer great benefits, wellness classes, and group classes.
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2018
Workplace culture is great the most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the patients. Some departments are not as diverse hope that will change in the near future. It would be great to promote from within the company instead of recruiting from outside. Children's culture, mission, vision is unlike most companies. The executive team should do rounding especially to department with high turn over rate.
Pros
Get place to work
Cons
Limited advancement
Good Place to Work
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
Worked on average 10-12 hour days
Culture was centered around their patients having a great experience and their employees.
Recognized and Celebrated their employees for any and all accomplishments.
Immediate Management could have been better and more supportive instead of not being supportive of their Leadership.
I like working with kids
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 18, 2018
I have been here almost 7 years and this is where I have always wanted to work. The few months have been really hard. No on site parking for employees, no sign on bonuses for x-ray techs, no bonus in 3 years, and just constantly being dumped on.
Pros
Cons
No real raise, no bonus, no on site parking for employees
Overall I Enjoyed working for Childrens. Staff really put the children as a priority. You can see the doctors really care. Competitive pay.
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2018
Overall enjoyed working for this Company. Doctors sincerely cared for and took personal interest in kids. Competitive pay, Nice environment and Employee gifts.
Pros
Fitness program for Employees. Discounts for some events
Cons
Can be very Political when it comes to promotion
Great company, but low opportunity for advancement
Clinical Nurse 2 (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 23, 2018
CHOA is a wonderful company, but I would like it more if there were more opportunities for advancement within the organization. Also, there are many new initiatives that continuously roll out, which makes it difficult for the frontline bedside nurse to both focus on taking holistic care of the patient and stay abreast of new policies/procedures.
Really great place to work for working mothers and laid back atmosphere; no micromanaging
A/R COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2018
I think Children's culture is great and very hands on. However, I do not feel their salaries/wages are as competitive as other places. However, it is a great place to work and always opportunities to learn more.
Pros
Strong for Life
Cons
No full time work from home for non Coding employees
Great place to work and the Children come first
eLearning Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2018
Children's focuses on making children better and impacting their lives no matter what they are going through. We all focus on making a child have a better life. It is one team, the culture is inviting and we work together.
Pros
Excellent team feeling acrosss departments
Cons
Work from home opportunities are not embraced.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight