Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Happiness rating is 70 out of 100

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Employee Reviews

This is honestly one of the most rewarding places to work. I never want to work anywhere else. I am currently a Nursing student and my progress and learning in the work environment is constantly encouraged by coworkers and management.
Pros
Benefits, and Fun with Kids
Cons
pay, and location
Poor compensation for the business, nurses paid much lower. Good insurance/pto. Management isn’t great. Sometimes treated like a number in my unit. High turnover and burn out in the ICU
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Great place to work friendly organized co worker very helpful pay is decent . everyone in my department is helpful with one another. Management is decent.
Scottish Rite Children Hospital Is A Great Place To Work.You Have To Conduct Yourself In A Professional Manner While You're At Work. We Have To Make Sure We Meet Greet And Smile To The Parents And Patients.
Pros
You Get Meal Tickets
Cons
You Get Your Lunch Break, But You Must Come Back To Work On Time
It was a great place to work. Everyone on my team was willing to help when needed. The hospital gives the best gifts to the employees. Good work environment
Pros
Team
Cons
Pay
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Being a children's nurse is challenging and fulfilling. The benefits are great, and the work/life balance is wonderful. Pay is okay but could be more competitive.
It’s a place where you can advance. However it depends on your department. There is a lot of people who’ve been here 10+ years! So it could possibly be hard or a while before you can move up in your department. It’s also shows this is a good company work for! No company is perfect! The flaws are little to non. Very minor!
Pros
Annual pay raise
Cons
Favortism
I enjoy working at Children’s. It is a fast paced environment and things change rapidly! My leadership team is always supportive which is of utmost importance so our team can succeed.
Pros
Supportive Leadership
Cons
Stressful
Children is absolutely the best place I've ever worked! I felt like my work served a purpose and it gave me fulfillment. There is something about helping kids heal and educating their patients that just fills my cup. For the most part the work environment is good and scheduling is flexible. I only left because I thought I wanted to try something different. Wrong move!
Pros
Everything!
Cons
It’s been a super enjoyable experience working for CHOA. They prioritize work life balance along with the best patient outcome. Taking care of kids is a real joy and getting to watch them improve wonderful experience.
CHOA is the first job I have worked for where I feel I play an important part in the patient’s care. It is fast-pace and their a emphasis on teamwork.
Pros
Work-life balance, pay, benefits, colleagues
Cons
Short-staffed
Everyone great to work with sometimes if everyone work as a team all the doctors and nurses is so friendly the management team is awesome they willing to help you in any situation if they can
Pros
Get discount on your food
Cons
Break too short and not long enough
CHOA is a great place to have a long career. The mission can’t be beat and it is so valuable to feel that you are making a difference at the end of the day. If I could ask for one thing it would just be that there would be more flexibility.
I like children’s but at the same time the pay isn’t the greatest. However the managers I’ve had have been great. There are barely growth opportunities . Most people that comes to children’s they keep their job. If their pay model was better I honestly would have complaints . They too also give promotions to people that have the slightest clue how to do a job. But it’s not the worst place to work. The pay needs to be better.
Pros
Great work life balance, great wellness program, benefits are good
Cons
Pay
Choa is great but the department I worked in was awful. The leads were rude and disrespectful and management had favorites. My advice to higher ups, please do a better job vetting your managers.
I loved working here for 5 yearsGreat place for new grad nursesUnfortunately upper management has lost sight of what makes CHOA such an amazing place to work in light of COVID
The pay is extremely low considering the amount of work required. The job description does not truly list the full requirements of your position and the amount of stress you will have from being micro-managed. There is a very high turn over rate within the PB billing department since new management started in 2019. As both the male manager and female supervisor lack the knowledge of medical billing and will speak to you in a condescending tone. Bonuses have been removed and yearly increases are only 2-3% if you're eligible to receive one. Chances of advancing out of the department are less than 5%. Highly recommend applying to any position other than as a collector in the billing department within Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
Pros
Excellent benefits and discounts
Cons
Micro Managed, Lack of advancement
I miss working there it is a great place to work. Children's healthcare really cares about their employees. The employees are nice especially the EVS staff. I enjoyed working for Children's healthcare and wouldn't mind coming back to work there.
Pros
Great atmosphere friendly EVS staff
Cons
It's hard working with sick children it can take a toll on you
I have worked in both a clinical role and clinical support role at CHOA. The unit I worked on when I was at the bedside included amazing coworkers and teamwork among colleagues. Management was disengaged compared to other areas of the hospital. Despite the fact that the unit was top heavy (5 nurse managers and 2 educators), there was no help in site when things got crazy on the floor (most units at CHOA are not run this way). In my clinical support role, despite the fact that most of the team in the department is hardworking, the company is very anti-remote work and does not trust employees to do their job. I do not see patients and all of my meetings are held via WebEx, yet employees are made to feel guilty for even asking to work from home, even during a pandemic that the company pretends to be concerned about when dealing with the public. Members of management in my department frequently disagree on direction, leaving employees frustrated and spinning their wheels with no defined goals. I used to be proud to work here, but now I can't wait to find a way out. If you are looking for a clinical role, it is probably still worth working here if you are passionate about helping children, but choose your department wisely. I would NOT recommend working in a clinical support role.
Pros
Typically do not have to work late in clinical support roles, working with kids is amazing and nurse/patient ratio is great when working in clinical roles
Cons
Disorganized and distrustful management that lacks direction, pay for clinical staff is poor, company is very antiquated in their approach to remote work (no work from home)
Best Doctors and staff! You learn so much! And I love working with the children and families! Great benefits. Gifts for employees. Nice culture! Really love this place
I learned a lot about nutrition care for children-calculating formula orders, doing calorie counts, patient education, etc. Management was very supportive and understanding.