Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha

Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha Employee Reviews

Constantly Changing
Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 22, 2018
Admirable mission. Rewarding to know you are helping kids and their families. Insurance world has gotten so very difficult to manage which is hurting reimbursement; this flows down to staffing budgets.
Pros
Helping Kids, Great Bens, Strong 401K plan, Regular Evals and Raises
Cons
Location changes all the time, seems without much forethought. Parking.
Great Mission, Environment Doesn't Always Match
Epic Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 2, 2018
Children's is a GREAT place. It really is, and I think if you work on the medical side, the experience is probably quite a bit different from the IT side of things. In IT, it felt a bit toxic, definitely clique-ish, and a few too many employees that weren't willing to go the extra mile, the efficient or correct way, for their customers, the docs and nurses utilizing the software. Something always felt a bit "off" about the culture.
CHMC IT is a great place to work, I miss it
Interface Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 25, 2018
The company mission, the clinicians, my colleagues in IT, leadership, work/life balance were all as good as it gets. I loved working there and I wish I still did.
Productive fun, Nice environment, Everyone easy to get along with, Self
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Omaha Nebraska , Environmental servicesApril 16, 2018
Love working at children's hospital, I love working with people, Eyes and ears open mouth shut because it can get you in trouble because of what someone thought you Said. Over all I really enjoyed it even though I no longer work there I hope I can go back someday.
Pros
Every other weekend off, Life insurance, Hospital insurance Easy to get along with everyone
Cons
Increase in pay, Don't always repeat what you hear.
Great place for kids
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68114March 26, 2018
This is a great place to work. It is geared towards children. It is hard to find options for advancement if you are not a nurse, so career advancement is difficult.
Great Work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  NebraskaMarch 5, 2018
This is my dream job and I’m happy to have worked here. Downside is that there’s no holiday pay so PTOs are hard to earn if you get hired during the last quarter of the year.
management needs overhaul
nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 19, 2018
top heavy management at Children's. always making cuts on the floor level while hiring new middle managers that make six figure salaries that don't make beneficial changes to the units or improve patient care. bottom line is what matters to this company. managers are poorly trained, only incompetent or outside applicants with no experience become managers at this place. negative culture where managers act like high schoolers and feed into toxic behaviors of staff. if you want to work with your worst bullies from high school and junior high then apply here. the health benefits are worse than being uninsured. family health insurance costs $600+ a month with a $8k deductible, nurses literally have babies and still haven't met their deductible.
Pros
working with children is always the best
Cons
literally everything else
Official response from Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha
March 5, 2018

At Children’s we value transparent and two-way communication and strongly encourage you to meet with our Employee Relations Manager to discuss your concerns about the organization and the culture in your department.

Children’s offers two health insurance benefits selections:
• Consumer Driven Health Plan with tiered premiums that do not exceed $452 per month for FT employees for family coverage
The deductible for family coverage is $3,800 per year for in-network providers
Annually Children’s contributes $500 for Employee only and $1,000 for Employee + spouse, Employee + child(ren) and Family Coverage into a health savings account to help offset medical costs

We also have a “step-up” option where your HSA account is prefunded with an additional $500, pro-rated based on remaining pay periods.

• Preferred Provider Plan (PPO) with tiered premiums ranging from $554 - $587 per month for FT employee for family coverage
The deductible for family coverage is $3,000 per year for in-network providers

Professional and Friendly Environment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 30, 2018
On a typical day, fellow employees and management are friendly, helpful and genuinely care about the work they are doing and the impact they are having.
Pros
Good culture, friendly, supportive.
Nice Organization but Lacking In Professional Development
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 15, 2018
Children's Hospital & Medical Center has a strong culture of caring for the children and working towards the right thing but it lacks any kind of real professional development for non-clinical employees.
Great Place
Centralized Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 13, 2018
Children's Hospital was an incredible place to work. I enjoyed going to work every single day and the people I got to work with. Every day was something new and getting to meet new people (patients and their families) was a plus! I would recommend this facility to anyone. My family and I relocated to be closer to family, otherwise I would still be employed with Children's Hospital.
Fast paced medical office
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 10, 2017
Busy office setting. Always something going on with new things to learn along the way. Multi-tasking is a must to keep with the amount of work expected.
Good Place to work
Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 14, 2017
Children's is a very rewarding place to work. Most of the Drs are great to work for. Can be stressful working on the babies but I enjoyed my time there. Left for a better opportunity and better pay
fine
Pathology Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 3, 2017
they pay a little less than other area hospitals. Management was good. We were often overwhelmed with work load.I learned alot of lab related skills.
workplace
Radiology Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 16, 2017
I loved working at Children's Hospital and Medical center working with my co-workers was amazing. Such good teamwork!!!! They definitely care so much for there employees and it's very much shown, extremely grateful to have worked for such an amazing hospital.
Working at Children's was a work of the heart for me
Surgery Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 14, 2017
The hospital is an amazing gift to children everywhere. The staff and medical teams are caring compassionate and highly dedicated. The care of these children is the number one focus. Teams will routinely do whatever anything to ensure a successful outcome.
Not what I expected from Children's
Assist radiology staff (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 30, 2017
While I believe Children's hospital has the best of intentions for the children, I believe that unfortunately, the operations of management is to hire part-time or casual as much as possible to avoid having to give their employees health insurance....which is sad in the health care industry. Staffing is also noticeably short many days, so much so ...that a worker can walk on the floors many days and never see a nurse. Small children and babies..particularly on weekends are in their rooms alone with little or no supervision. This is not the staff's fault...it is the management cutting costs and believing this is okay while advertising the excellent quality of care that Children's is supposedly well known for.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
short staffing
good work ethics
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 19, 2017
Children's gives every employee to opportunity to excel. The place is more family setting which makes easier to work. Quality of care is the number priority and patient's safety.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
work according to hours of the providers
Cheerful and Friendly People, but low pay for most.
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 17, 2015
Working around special needs children and children with rare health conditions can be very rewarding in itself, and the hospital does a great job at caring for its patients. Managers are responsive and fair, and aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and help you out. The down side is the hospital Human Resources is very tight with their budget, and are paying well below what is competitive for most other positions with other hospitals.
Pros
The cheerful and caring atmosphere.
Cons
The pay is too low.
Excellent department with knowledgable and collaborative staff.
Staff Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 24, 2015
Breath of fresh air! The commitment to quality exams with a teamwork approach was exemplary. The Radiologists were collaborative and part of the team. The leadership of the department, from Director, Manager and Lead sonographer was consistent and focused creating an excellent working atmosphere. The staff sonographers are highly skilled and a joy to work with!
I enjoyed working at Children's
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 30, 2014
I worked well with my co-workers and enjoyed the Medical staff that I encountered during the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight