Children's Hospital Los Angeles Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Terrible management
Staff Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90027July 5, 2018
The manager in the department I worked for was horrible. He showed favoritism towards certain employees & lied about a cubverseion we once had. Bullying is part of the culture at CHLA. I finally felt forced to resign after being completely humiliated. This was all done to me during the holidays
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Horrible management & bullying
Frustrating experience
RN Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clinical Immunology & Allergy ClinicJune 30, 2018
Clinic tolerates regular temper tantrums by a person who humiliates staff, which is one reason for the high RN turnover rate. I deserved to be treated with respect. I wasn’t allowed to have a difference of opinion without being threatened with termination, so I quit after only 2 months. Why is bullying behavior tolerated? Most frustrating job I’ve ever had! If you have a thick skin, then go for it. Otherwise nice hospital, but If they were smart, they’d offer staff Spanish classes.
Pros
Overall nice hospital.
Cons
Lied to about reason for high RN turnover rate.
great culture and work enviroment
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at CHLA. They promote a positive work environment and do offer opportunities for growth in the laboratories. The facilities are normally maintained and the focus on quality is always present.
Indebted to chla
Regulatory Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2018
Sure, politics exist. - the experience you get at chla working alongside the best makes it worth it. I expect every facility to practice at the same high standard care that chla provides.
Pros
Family centered care
Cons
Human Resource dept
Room for Improvement
Surgical Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2018
Excellent place to work in terms of benefits and working with like minded people who are enthusiastic about improving the life of children. Poor management and poor utilization of PAs. Little support for or understanding of their role.
Fun place
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 8, 2018
I learned how to scrub from minors to major cases,scrub general surgery,E.N.T,plastic ,orthopedic surgery fusion,neuro brain and spine surgery,urologist surgery.
Pros
Fun and challenging
Amazing hospital.
CVC Nurse Consultant / Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 4, 2018
Incredible colleagues, all passionate and wanting the best to advance and promote children's health. No work culture is perfect, but the CHLA culture is pretty top of the line. Interdisciplinary teamwork is a major highlight.
A mission for life: learn, live and love
Donor Recruitment Coordinator, (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2018
They were very focused on the mission to save lives. Each person there worked hard, long, focused hours. The learning was constant. We were like a triage team in a war. We were a team that was cohesive, strong, and successful.
decent place to work
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2018
CHLA is good place to work and offers opportunities do be creative in your role. The salary is lower than other hospital social work jobs and staff feel privileged to work there. Some departments are disorganized and there is a culture of hierarchy there. However, it is a rewarding experience to work with families if you can ignore the negative parts.
Pros
creativity, can obtain supervision for LCSW
Cons
hierarchy, doctors think they are better than you, little flexibility and not many opportunities to advance
Great work environment and friendly colleagues
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2018
Enjoyed working at a great hospital in Los Angeles and look forward to hearing about all the great things they will accomplish. great environment and staff.
Phenomenal Work Environment
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2018
Management and nurses were great and kind and always willing to help. The workplace culture was incredibly positive and easy to work in. I had a wonderful experience and would recommend the hospital to all future pediatric nurses.
tough place to get promoted
Research Specialist IV (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 10, 2018
There is a lot administration on both the research and clinical side of the of this hospital, with very little chance for advancement, no salary increases were given in the three years of my employment
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low salary
LVN - Ophthalmology (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 8, 2018
Great place to work; rewarding. I would recommend this job to anyone interested in working with kids. Must have compassion and drive to help children.
Productive and Fast paste environment
Medi-cal Specialist Biller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2018
A typical day at work would arriving from 8:00 A.M. opening my emails reviewing and responding to the. Following with my work list of of 80 claims per day review and correct each claim to ensure claims are being billed correctly. Management was very reliable when coming across a work related issue. The workplace environment at children's was very comfortable and welcoming teamwork was always applied in our department. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is coming across a difficult claim. The most enjoyable part was solving the problem.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k
Cons
Short Breaks
productive place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 3, 2018
Children's Hospital Los Angeles is a great place to work, However, not too much room for growth. The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked for.
it is very productive and always something to do
Sodexo Evs Manager I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2018
Working here is great there something new everyday for you to get excited about either special events or working around the children making a huge difference in there life everyday.
Pros
working with kids and making a difference everyday
Cons
very busy 24/7
Fair
Dispatcher/Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 27, 2018
Fair work environment. CHLA is a decent place to work. Staff and management are a pleasure to be around. Face pace work place. Responding to codes allowed you to learn.
friendly work enviorment
Peri-Operative Finance Services (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 26, 2018
I felt that every person made an impact on the lives of each child and their parents. The look on the patients' faces when they know that they have been touched by the workers is what makes this workplace the best. It is an overall rewarding place to work. I have learned a great deal of new things. every day is something different here. it is a fast pace and very professional
Pros
new learning experience
Cons
very stressful at times
Amazing
Clinical Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 8, 2018
I love CHLA. It is obvious about how much they care about children and establishing a great environment. Largest focus is on children with cancer and they are a quantity of professionals to help families and children through their medical needs
Work
Citrix Server Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2018
Children's Hospital is a great place to work. Its very inspiring working with the doctors and nurses. The team is great and everyone is friendly. Work life balance is great as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Hospital Los Angeles. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight