Children's Hospital Los Angeles Employee Reviews

Working for a good cause...Children
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2018
Depends on how close you work with the healthcare faculty/doctors. Can be stressful supporting doctors, but the pay is decent and the campus is nice. Benefits are decent as well.
Pros
Good organization
Cons
High turnover due to administration
special place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 10, 2018
Employees are much nicer here compared to adult hospitals. The hospital takes pride in providing top care. It is a special place to work and they believe in the hospital mission.
Fast-Pace
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 30, 2018
Fast-pace, stressful at times. Always something new to learn everyday. There is room for growth with various department. Great work perks and benefit provided.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Staff communication
Great team oriented facility with awesome registration staff
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 30, 2018
Great place to work, met many great co-workers who are now great friends. Though extremely busy with a great team collaboration we always got things done! I definitely learned to be a leader because of the loyalty of the crew working with me.
Pros
my team
Cons
needs better planning, communication and organization with pt flow.
Great mission that is followed through, could be more attentive to research
Research Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 7, 2018
Great mission that every employee is familiar with anf the organization follows. People are pretty nice, things get done rather slowly here but they do get done eventually. The research program is a bit underdeveloped compared to neighboring academic institutions (USC, UCLA, Cal Tech, City of Hope) but I believe that will change in a few years now that they have a new director of research.
Pros
Great programs for kids, employee health and wellness
Cons
No promotions, raises, or potential for growth within the institution (Research side, can't comment on clinical)
Loved chla
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2018
Amazing atmosphere, loved working with the staff and children there. Flexible scheduling as a PRN RN. The staff and managers are top notch. Quality care all around.
Fast paced, high energy
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 30, 2018
Scheduling surgery for various department(s) such as Ortho, Cardio, Neuro, but not limited to ENT. I learned to be patient and compassionate. Management was pretty relaxed and fair. I enjoyed the most a positive outcome after a surgery. An unsuccessful outcome after surgery. Culture was diverse.
Good place to gain experience
Biomedical Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2018
The children provide a great work environment. The department I was in had high turn over due to bad management. The rest of the hospital stuff was happy. It was a great place to get experience and great commuter benefits.
Pros
Good benefits and experience, loved working around kids.
Cons
Under paying, bad management in my department.
Great work life balance
Health Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2018
Worked with great people. Opportunity for people who have a degree in Public Health. Very structured hospital and the ability to grow within the company.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
n/a
Very Busy work place
Endocrinology Clinic Supervisor/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2018
I've learned so much working for CHLA. I have had the best mentors. I would highly recommend working for CHLA to anyone trying to learn everything about pediatrics.
complex, stressful studies
sonographer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2018
While CHLA is an amazing hospital and a great place to work, the studies can be very difficult and complex, and become very stressful due to many combative, crying, screaming patients.
Compared to similar hospitals, the pay is below average.
Chla
Travel Nurse-6 West (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 23, 2018
The Gold Standard of Peds nursing.
Great team, low ratios of nurse to patients. Charge RN/Resource RN ensures that everyone takes a break. Parents are usually present and helpful. MDs & Residents are awesome!
Pros
Great teammates
Cons
Traffic to work
Majority of the people are Genuine.
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2018
The Nurses and the technologist are very team oriented and are good people to work with.
Majority of the people are genuine. Radiologists are flexible.
Pros
Public transportation.
Cons
distance
Great place to work. Loved my manager.
Associate Director Report Development and training (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 19, 2018
I was given the opportunity to make suggestions and be creative in my job processes. A lot of freedom to make improvements. A little bogged down with red tape but not too bad for such a large company. The managers in my department very thoughtful and appreciative. I really miss working there.
Pros
Interested in new ideas
Cons
Red tape bogged down some changes
The patients and families are amazing!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2018
The children and their families are truly amazing. You're able to learn so much working there. It's unfortunate that the management is so poor and have managed to completely change the culture of many of the units.
Pros
Ability to learn
Cons
Working with patients and families is rewarding.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2018
Working with patients and families is rewarding. There is no advancement in my current position. The workplace culture seems to favor younger employees.
Benefits
Cons
Favortisim.
Fun family oriented environment
CARE PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2018
Constant building of team oriented environment. Friendly, caring staff. Encourage community involvement. Hold staff to high standards of care. Unfortunately not enough rooms to care for all the needs in the community. Management in my department needs improvement.
Best place to work!
Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2018
I enjoyed working at CHLA, unfortunately the commute was too long for me. The benefits were great and the compensation was comparable to other organizations.
ACR/Financial Counselor/CCS/MediCal Billing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2018
I loved my job, they gave me the apportunity to learn and grow in the company. I was always open to learn different duties, never said no to help others, especially supporting parents/children and co-workers. Working for Hematology/Oncology department was and always will be a great place to work.
Pros
Yes, we would get lots of goodies
Cons
Management was not always great but I would go with positive attitude.
Provides an excellent work experience promotes teamwork and schooling
Stationary Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 12, 2018
My primary job was operating and maintains Central Plant and all related Equiptment , supervised and interacted with maintenance engineers in response to nursing dept emergency repair requests assist maintenance with complex repairs monitored criticle refrigeration alarms alerted maintenance of all alarms including room temperatures thru out research buildings monitored all hospital alarms med air , med vac systems , hot water temps and sterile prodding alarms thru Johnson Controls EMS
Pros
Great Teamwork
Cons
Worked most weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Hospital Los Angeles. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight