Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Employee Reviews

C.H.O.P....the good, the bad and the ugly!
Surgical Svcs. Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 3, 2018
CHOP is a good healthcare facility for the patients served and their families. Medical research is well funded and great work is being done to find cures for rare diseases, genetic disorders and anything the likes of it. It is most enjoyable to work with children that no matter how sick they are they always manage to give you a smile. Children are truly resilient and we can learn so much from them.
Pros
The children & families whose lives have been improved because of the work being done at CHOP.
Cons
Work/Life balance is truly awful, managers and supervisors cannot be trusted with confidential info about you, HR is very one-sided and its never for the employee
Clinical Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2018
Enjoyed working for this hospital as I was very young and eager to learn new skills. This company provided many opportunities for advancement and was open to offering any type of overtime if requested. I was able to attend many classes that would improve my skills and I was able to take advantage of this benefit while at work. I really liked working here and would recommend to anyone!
Nice place to work
Telecom Admin II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2018
Typical day was 7:30 to 4:00 pm with no OT. Management was very nice and helpful. But salary wasn't very competitive. Hardest part of my job was traveling all over the subway system to multiple locations.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Had to clock in and out. Not OT
CHOP is a great place to work
Business Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 21, 2018
I have a great overall knowledge of the revenue cycle. CHOP is a great place to work! I am looking to make extra money and work part time. I am a salaried employee so overtime is not an option for me.
the hardest part of the job
Senior Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 19, 2018
The hardest part of the job is not the type of work but meeting all imposed deadlines. CHOP hires good people with experienced backgrounds or is sure to partner inexperienced employees with those of experience. However, time management , balanced with work-life balance can be complicated.
Great experience, you will learn a lot!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2018
CHOP is a wonderful place to work, especially for new-to-practice nurses. You will learn every single day and see some of the most unique patients and cases across the globe! Career advancement is encouraged and there are many learning opportunities offered. While some of the typical bureaucratic things can get in the way (such as upper management), it truly is a great place to work. It's my NICU co-wokers and patients that keep me at CHOP.
Pros
Scheduling, co-workers
Cons
Upper management, low pay relative to other hospitals in the area
Good experience but high turnover
staff pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2018
Many people seek employment here just to have it on their resume without intention to stay longer than a year. As a result, there is very high turnover. The culture where I worked was very high-stress and the lack of teamwork increased this exponentially. Management was very hands-off and not responsive to employee concerns. More senior employees had a tendency to bully newer employees (of which, there were ALWAYS some) in a manner almost like hazing. A new person who makes a minor mistake is labeled as an "idiot" and rather than getting support, they get mockery and ridicule. Employees have gotten into fistfights and made each other cry.
Pros
Good amount of FTO (but you cannot take any unpaid), good benefits
Cons
Terrible team culture, very poor work-life balance
Managers lack management skills
Analyst (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaNovember 12, 2018
As is the case in many non-profit environments, managers can lack actual management skills and don’t seem to understand what the role of a manager is.
good
Technical Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2018
I love working at CHOP. Staff is very helpful . Drawback is commuting from my place to CHOP. Versatile personalities works at CHOP. Place is environment friendly.
Chop
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 9, 2018
Great place to work with the best doctors and nurses. This job is not for the soft-heartened person. Nothing negative to say about CHOP! Simply wonderful place to work.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Loosing patients
Great Work Environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT), (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2018
Excellent Place to work !
From the CEO, Management and staff this is a the best place I have worked. I have many years of experience working for a multitude of large corporations and I find the environment to be most enjoyable.
No comment
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2018
I work in a primary care office, where we are over worked and under paid. We have a night turn over rate. The gest thing about my job is my go workers
a very good place to work
Administrative Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2018
I love the job I do because I get to interact with people and patients. I just love the work place it brings me a lot of joy because I get to work with people in the hospital.
Ok...it can always be worse
Other Experience (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 24, 2018
It is just like any other place. If you keep to yourself and focus on YOUR job you should be ok. But you will run into snags every now and again that are completely out of your control.
Pros
pay, the team at my location are awesome including my direct manager.
Looking to further my Career
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 24, 2018
I enjoyed my time at CHOP but I am looking for other jobs that would help me advance my career, I interned after college at CHOP and greatly appreciate the knowledge and opportunity I was given there.
Fun place with loving and caring people around you
Hospitality and Wayfinding Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2018
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
I am presently working at Goodwill
But I would love to work at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
A place that I used to love to go as a child when I was younger and now just Volunteering doing Hospitality where I help escort family's to there destination and pick up packages and different thing and bring back to Burger Welcome Center or sometime have to drop things off at different parts of the Hospital.
Pros
Yes I get a 7 Dollars on my card for lunch as a Volunteer
Cons
Not employed by Children's Hospital just a Volunteer
IS Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2018
If you are looking for somewhere to grow and learn this is the place for you. This company not only helps you understand what you're doing the work for but it encourages you to want to go above and beyond. I've learned more in a year at this job then I did in my 4 years in college. Day in the life at CHOP is really engaging with customers which are other employees mostly for me and trying to resolve their issues in timely manner. From emails, calls, voicemails, and IM's you get a range of calls.
Its a very friendly productive place to both volunteer and work at
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 10, 2018
I am a volunteer and I enjoy being there. I am looking for employment there once my volunteer hours are complete. They staff are all friendly, they make it the most pleasant place to work.
Well balanced,
Research Charge review analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PAOctober 7, 2018
Reviewing Research budgets, matching the budgets against charges that populated in work ques on a daily basis. EPIC system along with Etrack systems were used. Continual contact with study coordinators and physicians to ensure research patients did not receive a bill for their services.
Learning the constant changes, that occur in research.
Working with the different billing entities, through out the organization.

Worked very closely with management. Workplace culture was pleasant. Procedure not on the budget was one of the hardest part of the job. Knowing that in a small way I was contributing to research.
Pros
Flex work schedule
Cons
Computer systems that don't talk to each other
Great Place to work
Office Coordinator (Pulmonary) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2018
Great organization overall. CHOP is dedicated to the well being of children in all parts of the world. CHOP is the #1 pediatric hospital in the world and they are unleashing new discoveries everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss