Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Chop is a great place to worl.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2018
Chop is a cutting edge Hospital with amazing individuals working to take care of their patients and provide the highest level of care. It is a wonderful place to work.
Great Coworkers
Pediatric Intensive Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2018
Great co-workers. Some of the smartest and nicest people you'll find. Management is very money driven, to the point that it's frustrating and limits patient care. Great resources available. I learned a lot and am forever grateful. I just wish they treated us a little better and made improvements based on what we asked for.
Could use improvement in most of the areas listed
Information Systems Support Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2018
Could use improvement in most of the areas listed such as workplace culture, management, work life balance, advancement opportunities and learning opportunities.
This was my favorite job
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 4, 2018
I really want to work here long term and if I the opportunity to become rehire I will accept the job happily. I enjoyed everything about working at The Children's Hospital or Philadelphia.
Good for a Hospital
Psychiartic Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 2, 2018
CHOP treats their patients very well, however the care team is not always on the same page and activities for older patients (teenage-adult) are limited.
Fun for the kids
Senior Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2018
We strive to make certain every part of a childs experience is memorable. Great doctors and nurses who go the extra mile. I've meet some families that have made a difference in my life. I have more patience.
Challenging & rewarding place to work
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 29, 2018
Provide professional development opportunities & support for career advancement
Management supports employees' desire to leave current position and grow by promoting within company
Intense work environment
Director of Development, Oncology (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 29, 2018
Great mission. Intense work environment where nothing but excellence is accepted everyday.

Not for the faint of heart or easily stressed. Opportunity to work with some of the best medical minds on the planet
best place for kids, could be better for staff
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 26, 2018
The families and the kids are why we stay despite the pay being so low. You have to fight for every dollar there but its hard knowing hup next door makes 10.00 dollars more an hour. Huge turnover with new grads every few years. Also management heavy with lots of meetings about meetings and emails about everything. We do the best we can but things have changed. We used to be number one for a reason. Some of those values have been lost in the focus on expansion. Be prepared for chop not only to underpay you but to also ask for you to donate money back from your salary in automatic deductions.
Pros
vacation time earned
Cons
too many chiefs, not enough money, horrible parking, gray boring nursing uniforms
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is amazing.
Clinical Nurse II, Progressive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2018
Working at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia was an amazing experience for a few reasons.

CHOP is mission driven and CHOPs mission is multifaceted; CHOP was the first place I worked for that really incorporated involving families in their mission to be the safest hospital as well as the most advanced in the evidenced based practices and interventions implemented.

CHOP really focused on learning- patient and family education as well as employee education. The opportunity to learn was endless.
Intern, Vaccine Education Center (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2018
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is on the cutting edge in their field and it was a pleasure working for them. I am very grateful for the skills and experience I got while there.
one of the best places to work
Blood Bank Technologist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2018
I was there for an internship. the technologists were wonderful and loved teaching and their job. They treated me as an equal. I learned so much from them and I have the same work ethic that each and every technologist has. I would highly recommend working for Thomas Jefferson Hospital
Pros
great professional place to work
Cons
parking
Excellent workplace with great workers
Research Assistant/Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 22, 2018
This is the best place to work. I have learned so much in just a few months. They have top notch tools, and you can do almost anything you want here.
Negative work environment
OT (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 22, 2018
Your experience all depends on the department and management. My manager was degrading in front of patients and other staff members. Unnecessary stress was created and I had to work after hours every work day to perform job duties. No creativity or room for difference of thoughts was permitted.
Pros
Amazing patients
Cons
Management and culture
great
Research Laboratory Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 20, 2018
great place work. great job and great staff and environment. I really like my co-workers and work location. nice benefits and work events to attend...
Chop
Associate Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2018
Good place to work with a laid back structure. I had great health benefits, but the pay was competitive for academia, but not in the professional realm.
Workplace culture
Senior Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2018
Research environment is fickle and investigators are routinely demeaning and over demanding. I tried for over a year to get a new position after working there as an exemplary employee and was passed over for many external candidates who were less qualified.
Good Company
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Broomall, PAJuly 13, 2018
Only problem is that you may get a raise, but benefits raise as well. It's a good company, I wish they helped pay for school a little more as well, but besides that good.
Great place to build your resume
Lead Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2018
This was a great place to build my resume however the environment of the employees was very catty. Management didn’t like to involve itself in the bullying and high school nature of the long term staff. Also there was not a large work life balance if you are a parent.

Awesome work experience and learning opportunities however left me quite unhappy in balancing home and the nuances at work.
Pros
Great renowned hospital for learning and growth
Cons
Poor management, high taxes and poor parking
productive
patient sitter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2018
educational environment, caring staff, supportive staff I would love to grow with the company and move forward to different positions. you can grow here! big company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight