Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Best workplace ever
Clinical RN II (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAJune 17, 2018
My work family was just that-family. In the good times and bad times we supported each other to provide the best care our patients and families need and deserve
Clinical Research Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2018
Good place to work with great benefits. There is ample opportunity to climb the career ladder and the supervisors set you up for success. Also a great hospital for learning.
Project Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2018
Enjoyed my contract at CHOP. Good work environment. Good Management. Very good co-workers. Work was interesting and offered challenges. Plenty of opportunities to learn and grow and for advancement.
Great mission, great place to learn
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 7, 2018
The culture is very competitive, which is sometimes a detriment to collaboration. However, it also encourages employees to work harder. At times it seems the better you are at your job, the less they will let you advance. Benefits are good.
Pros
Depending on your department, you could have a great culture and coworkers
Cons
Parking is extremely high (if you make it passed the waiting list), and sometimes the culture lends itself to protecting the individual over the team
CHOP was my internship
Environmental Health and Safety Internship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2018
CHOP was my first safety position as an intern. I learned all aspects of safety and it as a privilege to work at the number one children's hospital in the world.
Great Patients
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2018
I loved and enjoyed working with all my patients and learned so much from all of them. However the culture was very bad, I sometimes felt attacked due to the color of my skin. The management team was not supportive in my opinion and were not effective in regards to issues and problems employees were having.
Nurse Tech
Nurse Technician II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2018
i absolutely love working at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. CHOP is an amazing teaching hospital that hires lots of Drexel Students to work and gain experience as health care professionals.
Over Worked
Clinical Support Associate(PACU) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2018
Sometimes hostile environment. Expected to work beyond job title. Sometimes friendly faces. Management stunts growth within unit. Easiest part of job is dealing with patients. Hardest part is dealing with fellow employees.
productive
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2018
It definitely a good place to work. Just like most jobs, it has its pros and cons. I think supervison could improve and it would be much better. I also think the breaks could be longer
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
short breaks
Should have stayed at CHOP
Liaison for pediatric specialties (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2018
I really loved working here and left only to advance my career portfolio in healthcare business administration. It was a very collaborative work place.
Pros
Collaborative work place
Cons
Great work place , needs better management in some departments
Formula Lab Technician, Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  3400 Spruce StMay 21, 2018
I Worked 14 years at children hospital of Philadelphia. Children's hospital is a learning institution and a great environment for children to seek hospital care from doctors all around the world.
Pros
Benefits, pay rate, position
Cons
Food, meal tickets, parking
It's a great place to work.
CPD Tech. (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2018
I have been in position for 15 years. When I started her my daughter was 5 months old. She's 15 now. I started as a temp for 3 years and then in May 8,2006. I became permanent and have been here ever since.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Short breaks
Wonderful Hospital
Medical Surgical Flex Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 20, 2018
CHOP is a diverse place to work in culture and medical. I have learned to take care of patients in the ICU, med surg units and PACU. The hardest part of the job is not getting attatched to your patient. The most enjoyable is helping to get your patient better and seeing them happy.
Pros
co workers
Cons
short breaks, pay for parking, no child care
Productive and fast-paced
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2018
Many opportunities to advance within the organization if you apply yourself. An opportunity for work-life balance. Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment and be detailed oriented
Awesome Place
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA 19406May 18, 2018
I love CHOP. I just don't find much room for advancement. The employees and the management are all awesome. I've learned a whole lot at this job and plan to take everything I've learned with me
Pros
Awesome staff memebers
Cons
Pay
Intern
Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2018
I had a great experience working at Children's Hospital Of Philadelphia as an Intern. I hope they had a mentor to help intern students grow their professional experience.
Potential for growth
Milk bank technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 10, 2018
Great place to work at and has a lot of potential for growth. It also depends on the department you work with and the management. They need to offer more benefits.
typical work day
PHLEBOTOMIST/LAB TECH (Current Employee) –  3400 civic center boulevard philadelphia paMay 10, 2018
a typical work day is usually very busy, there are a large number of doctors around so the patient volume is very large. The patients are all children and never want to have labs collected so there is a lot of screaming as well as fighting. Lunches are sometimes thrown off schedule because of the volume, labs to be tested are often lagged behind for hours because of the volume and we could use more help in our department. There is room for advancement but you have to hope the department you work in is prepared to accommodate your absence.
Fun fast paced environment with room for growth
Access Referral Apecialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 9, 2018
A typical day is fast paced and detail oriented. I continuously learn being that my position deal with medical diagnoses and procedure. The workplace culture can at times be a bit overwhelming due to some personality types and social structures but being thought this is a hospital and tensions are high; its to be expected. The most enjoyable part of my current position is being able to help Parents and Families with their little loved ones and knowing that I am making a difference in the lives of these children.
Pros
The fact of knowing that I am helping a sick child in need
Cons
The super fast paced structure may interfere with work life balance
Very productive place abslouetly love the job!
Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 7, 2018
Wonderful work place. I Learned a great deal that I will take on to new positions. enjoyed everything about the job. This job really is a place for growth.
Pros
great atmosphere