Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

Limited opportunity for advancement for black and brown people
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 12, 2019
Often work more than 6 hours without a break or lunch break. Work short staffed.. Management lack support when help is needed during short staff. Management is often a part of department gossip which kills the Morale.
Pros
Love the patients and families
Cons
lack of breaks and opportunity for growth
co workers
Medical Claim Resolution Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53201December 30, 2018
the coworkers is the strength of the company.
Management and workplace culture is poor and cold.
the hardest part of the job is the consent micro management style and culture.
Pros
friendly among coworkers.
Cons
micro management and false culture.
Good Cause
Home Visitor (Former Employee) –  Rhinelander, WINovember 4, 2018
This agency is working for a good cause but the supervisors are often of poor quality depending on who you have. Additionally, in my case I wanted to further my education by earning a MSW and my supervisor said that this would be discouraged due to the agency not allowing time for the internship.
Love this company
Health unit coordinator ICU (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 1, 2018
I left and went right back part time I just love the company overall. The values make them a company worth staying with. Also who doesn't love children?
Pros
great company
Cons
didn't find the career advancement I wanted right away
A great place to grow and develop your own pharmacy practice
PGY2 Pediatric Pharmacy Resident (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 27, 2018
As a second year pharmacy resident who completed their first year of residency here as well, this has been a fantastic place to work. It has allowed me a significant amount of opportunities to grow my own pharmacy practice and learn from many pharmacists who are truly passionate about pediatric patient care. My co-workers and preceptors have influenced my growth significantly.
Ok to work for
Clinical Informatics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 16, 2018
Great company with the exception of a few staff members. Who on some teams makes life hard, my comments are based on experience as a tech in IT not the clinical teams.
Pros
Great company, very dedicated to the mission
Cons
Team leads sometimes abuse their power
Liked the staff, not a fan of upper management
Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fox Valley, WIOctober 16, 2018
Can be stressful at first while training because there is a lot to learn, overall the staff is wonderful. Always smiling faces. Management is poor only because the management they had all left when the new CEO came in. No one knew if they were fired or quit. Has been a bit chaotic ever since.
Pros
The staff is great to work with, the kids are always a please
Cons
Not having a reliable manager to go to if anything is needed.
Great Place to gain Experience
Specialized Pharmacy Technician (III) (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WISeptember 20, 2018
Really enjoyed my time working there and gained experience that will help me throughout my career. I really enjoyed the flexibility with my schedule..
loved working here
operative services assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 15, 2018
a typical day at the hospital is priority one: taking care of those children. i learned that teamwork and communication is key. the most enjoyable thing about working there is seeing those kids smiles.
Great teams work there
Patient Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WISeptember 9, 2018
Team work was great there. Turnover could be high and challenging. Had to work long hours to keep up. Felt the benefits were good and that the company was transparent about it's future goals and plans.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
not a good work life balance

Want to know more about Children's Hospital of Wisconsin?

Ask a question
Many good and some bad things
Pediatric Head and Neck Radiology (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 1, 2018
A great decade there overall.

Great docs to work with

academic situation potentially good but too much work to take advantage of it.

Last winter lasted one half of the year but Milwaukee is an OK place to live.
Pros
Good pay, good cases
Cons
hard place to work, brutal work schedule
Summary
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 20, 2018
Overall it was a wonderful work environment. All the people were pleasant and enjoyed their job there. The staff and trainers were awesome as well. One of the best hospitals I know.
its a really nice place to work
Care Partner/HUC (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 16, 2018
I have enjoyed my time here at children's. it has open my eye to a whole new world of health problems that babies and little kids have on a day to day basic.
Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 11, 2018
I loved working at children's great management,and excellent condition workers. Great food ,loved working with the children and seeing there faces. I loved it.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Always short staffed
Fun work group
Office Supervisor/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 10, 2018
Great working with Physicians and management team. Collaborating ideas with the team really brought everyone together as one. Also helping out the patient's with there needs was a bonus as well.
Love It!
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 6, 2018
My typical day is usually really busy and running around the OR. I've learned so much as far as cases and anesthesia in general. The workplace culture is the best I've ever been apart of, nothing quite like it. The hardest part of my job is seeing young ids go through so much at a young age. The best part is seeing the kids pull through after all they've been through.
Fun place
Environmental Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 6, 2018
Was a really great company to work for but can be very emotional due to the families you meet while working there
There’s room to advance in the company
Excellent organization, some departments are clique-y
Coder II (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 2, 2018
This is a wonderful organization that provides excellent healthcare for the children of Wisconsin and the United States at large. I am proud to tell people that I work here. I do work in a female-dominant field however, and cattiness unfortunately exists. If you're not part of the supervisor's clique, you're going to have a hard go of it. Some people are impossible to please, and can be downright unprofessional in their treatment of you. This is not organization wide as far as I'm aware, just a select few departments, and not anything associated with direct patient care.
Pros
Flexible work hours, good life-work balance
Cons
High-school tainted atmosphere in female dominent field.
good place to work
Valet Runner (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 29, 2018
Management at Children's Hospital was relaxed and trusting allowed us to work independently and maturely. Also while working at Children's Hospital I learned to work at a fast pace, and enjoy it.
Pros
discounts and weekly pay
Productive palce to work
Patient / Provider Liasion (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 26, 2018
My days were very quiet some times , but I kept my self busy the whole day . I usually work under minimal supervision which was nice, I completed my work in a timely manner , I was always ahead of my myself.
Pros
Working for the company
Cons
the paid time off is the same as your vacation days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss