Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

loved working here
operative services assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 15, 2018
a typical day at the hospital is priority one: taking care of those children. i learned that teamwork and communication is key. the most enjoyable thing about working there is seeing those kids smiles.
Great teams work there
Patient Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WISeptember 9, 2018
Team work was great there. Turnover could be high and challenging. Had to work long hours to keep up. Felt the benefits were good and that the company was transparent about it's future goals and plans.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
not a good work life balance
Many good and some bad things
Pediatric Head and Neck Radiology (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 1, 2018
A great decade there overall.

Great docs to work with

academic situation potentially good but too much work to take advantage of it.

Last winter lasted one half of the year but Milwaukee is an OK place to live.
Pros
Good pay, good cases
Cons
hard place to work, brutal work schedule
Summary
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 20, 2018
Overall it was a wonderful work environment. All the people were pleasant and enjoyed their job there. The staff and trainers were awesome as well. One of the best hospitals I know.
its a really nice place to work
Care Partner/HUC (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 16, 2018
I have enjoyed my time here at children's. it has open my eye to a whole new world of health problems that babies and little kids have on a day to day basic.
Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 11, 2018
I loved working at children's great management,and excellent condition workers. Great food ,loved working with the children and seeing there faces. I loved it.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Always short staffed
Fun work group
Office Supervisor/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 10, 2018
Great working with Physicians and management team. Collaborating ideas with the team really brought everyone together as one. Also helping out the patient's with there needs was a bonus as well.
Love It!
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 6, 2018
My typical day is usually really busy and running around the OR. I've learned so much as far as cases and anesthesia in general. The workplace culture is the best I've ever been apart of, nothing quite like it. The hardest part of my job is seeing young ids go through so much at a young age. The best part is seeing the kids pull through after all they've been through.
Fun place
Environmental Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 6, 2018
Was a really great company to work for but can be very emotional due to the families you meet while working there
There’s room to advance in the company
Excellent organization, some departments are clique-y
Coder II (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 2, 2018
This is a wonderful organization that provides excellent healthcare for the children of Wisconsin and the United States at large. I am proud to tell people that I work here. I do work in a female-dominant field however, and cattiness unfortunately exists. If you're not part of the supervisor's clique, you're going to have a hard go of it. Some people are impossible to please, and can be downright unprofessional in their treatment of you. This is not organization wide as far as I'm aware, just a select few departments, and not anything associated with direct patient care.
Pros
Flexible work hours, good life-work balance
Cons
High-school tainted atmosphere in female dominent field.
good place to work
Valet Runner (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 29, 2018
Management at Children's Hospital was relaxed and trusting allowed us to work independently and maturely. Also while working at Children's Hospital I learned to work at a fast pace, and enjoy it.
Pros
discounts and weekly pay
Productive palce to work
Patient / Provider Liasion (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 26, 2018
My days were very quiet some times , but I kept my self busy the whole day . I usually work under minimal supervision which was nice, I completed my work in a timely manner , I was always ahead of my myself.
Pros
Working for the company
Cons
the paid time off is the same as your vacation days
I love them
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 20, 2018
Children’s is an excellent place of work. I intend on being here as long as I can until I graduate and move on to the next step in my career. I would recommend anyone to work here.
Support unfair Leadership
Nurse Intern Children's Hospital of Wisconsin IICU (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 17, 2018
Workload is supported by leadership that don't recognize the work that is being done. Leadership is not supportive and do not value diversity and when issue are brought up they are not addressed,
Pros
the money is good
Cons
leadership neglect racially motivated misconduct
Very professional work environment
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 15, 2018
Childrens Hospital has been the best place by far that I have ever worked at. The staff are great, the are collaborative, and very dedicated. If I ever have a choice to come back I’ll definitely take the opportunity very good work environment with great work ethics.
working with kids is fun
Office Representative II (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMay 21, 2018
the day moves along quickly and you can always find something to do. Its true what they say though"pediatrics would be great if it weren't for the parents" they truly ruin your day.
good place to work
Specialty Clinic Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMay 21, 2018
Nice place to work and room to move up if you don't mind waiting.
My manager was horrible and outright abusive to the team and many times didn't have a clue as to what was going on.
Pros
top rated care
Cons
low pay
I would like to parrot another review. Same situation.
BI Tool & Security Admin (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53226May 10, 2018
I loved the position and the Company, but a manager I worked for is terrible. She was never around, didn't want to help with questions, only wanted to berate people when she was there. I left due to this.
Pros
Great causes, good benefits, free parking, free coffee
Cons
Poor management
Supportive and respectful work culture.
Process Improvement Intern (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMay 7, 2018
Children's Hospital is a great place to work and everyone that works there truly believes in the company mission statement. Project selection is sometimes a tad confusing and the completion of such projects is often an issue.
Pros
Collaborative, Fun, Focused
Cons
Unclear Objectives, Communication Between Departments
Ruined by one manager.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 25, 2018
Love the position here. But a manager I work for (not under) is terrible. Management does not care for this person's behavior. No problem leaving due to this.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight