Children's Hospital of Wisconsin

Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

United States220 reviews
Management needed to listen more to employee concerns but other than that it was cool , the food was good in the cafeteria. Nice hot breakfest. Floors were good , I would work there again.
patient-centered; lack of flexibility to move to part-time position instead of full time position

overall would still recommend for psychologists as a good position
I loved working for Children’s hospital of Wisconsin! My co-workers were awesome and the company was great.. the pay could have been better for the department I worked in, but the hospital made it pretty easy to move up in other departments that offered better pay!
Pros
Great company
Cons
Low starting pay
A typical day was understaffed and often went without a break. Learned so much here and really appreciate the opportunity I got to work here. The management was overworked and could have used some development. The hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job is the kids.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
The best part of the job is getting to help fellow employees save money and get the personalized care that they need. People trust that they will get the best information from the staff here.
Pros
no holidays and weekends
Cons
extremely long days, no opportunity for growth professionally
very unprofessional, poor management, no structure, very hard to grow or move around, decent pay and decent benefits. employees treated any kind of way.
Children’s Hospital was a great place to work. The culture was accepting and inclusive. The job had plenty of room for growth. They offered great trainings and had plenty of additional resources to help others succeed. The reason my score had some low points was due to my position having a smaller salary that was unsatisfactory.
Not paid enough . Management wasn’t always consistent . Best part was helping the families and feeling you actually made a difference once in a while .
For my specific role this was a very challenging job with may rewarding aspects by helping children and families. Great culture, but expect to work hard in order to make a real difference.
Benefits
Cons
work/life balance
In the beginning it was great. We were employees of Children’s Hospital. there were a couple people who didn’t have the kind of spirits that Children’s Hospital advertisers. Management only listened to people that were their favorites. People would be rewarded for doing their job and not going above and beyond. In 2015, nutrition services became contracted with Sodexo. The managers were always part of the deck so and not Children’s Hospital
This is not applicable and I do not see why Indeed requires a 150 word comment in this section to continue to the next stage in the job application process.
One of the Best Hospitals in the country; the PeopleSoft team is Senior-level and resonably autonomous. The workplace culture is decent, although the management team is not well-respected. Work-Life balance is something the company advertises as a plus, but does not always deliver.
The management could be better but one thing I thoroughly enjoyed was the lack of micromanagement. They allowed me to do my job however I saw fit so long as the tasks at hand were completed.
Great place to work for , your always working for a purpose there . It’s a great community, lots of hard work but it can be rewarding . Good pay long hours
Management completely disrespected and disregarded employees concerns. Mangers were manipulative and degrading to employees. Unequal treatment towards all staff. Conflict between staff was never resolved.
I absolutely LOVED working for Children's and regret ever leaving it, but when I was interviewing for another position within Children's I also got a call from another company outside of Children's for a similar position. When it came time to choose, Children's HR department nor the interviewing department manager never responded to me after my interview. I sent the customary thank you note, I followed up the following week with no response, I waited a few days, still nothing. I tried again the week after, STILL NO RESPONSE! I didn't even get a rejection! I would have at least liked to know that I didn't get the job instead of just being ignored. I ended up having to take the position at the outside company because they offered me the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you were helping kids. The employees were great, but upper management acted like they were better than everyone else.
It was very easy to see how important the mission was at CHW, helping children and their families become happy and healthy made it easy to come into work everyday.
Children hospital provide training and flexible part time job. Helps familes and children in our community. Great people to work with and good environment.
Very few African American employees in leadership. CHW values seniority versus education and experience. Meaning a new hire with a Bachelor's Degree is less likely to get promoted before a non degree employee with years in the company. I did not like that at all.
Mission Driven Organization. Pay could use some adjusting, as well as communication with the HR people could be better, mainly to understand benefits and what not. Management isn't too bad, at least mine isn't bad. Overall satisfied, I do it for the kids!