Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

I would like to parrot another review. Same situation.
BI Tool & Security Admin (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53226May 10, 2018
I loved the position and the Company, but a manager I worked for is terrible. She was never around, didn't want to help with questions, only wanted to berate people when she was there. I left due to this.
Pros
Great causes, good benefits, free parking, free coffee
Cons
Poor management
Ruined by one manager.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 25, 2018
Love the position here. But a manager I work for (not under) is terrible. Management does not care for this person's behavior. No problem leaving due to this.
Productive workplace with an emphasis on collaboration and striving towards providing the best care for the kids
Distribution Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 16, 2018
I like(d) working at CHW because there were core values every employee should follow in regards to their performance, which includes Integrity, Collaboration, Health, Purpose, and Innovation. I rarely encountered problems with HR or management, and I would recommend working at CHW, especially if you appreciate such core values and believe you can make a difference in the life of a child.
Friendly Atmosphere and Excellent Staff
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 15, 2018
Childrens Hspital is an excellent place to work. The staff at Childrens Hospital are very professional and friendly. It is important to have great communication skills in this job becuase you will be working with sickly children and their parents.
Benefits
Great part time job
Visitation Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 15, 2018
Great part time job- great experiences to have as a part time job! Environment is stable and families that you work with is a great mixture of people.
Pros
Great co-workers
For the kids
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 10, 2018
I do this for the kids; to give back. The only culture we have is from our patients/families; why not hire a little bit of diversity? To be completely honest, if this were adult care, I would've been gone already. Second most honest thing is that the pay compensation is poor. Again, if it weren't for the kids, I would've moved on by now. I do know that if the pay adjustments aren't completed by June, like promised, I will be moving on.
Pros
the kids
Cons
pay rate
Fun place to work
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 27, 2018
Enjoyed with others as well as working with children. The staff are all great team members. I would recommend this place as a great place to work. The hardest part of the job would be seeing the sick children.
Pros
free parking
Cons
healthcare
fast pace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 26, 2018
the GI department is very fast pace. you have to be able to move quick and keep everything correct. the doctor's that I work with a very caring and knowledge.
Productive Place to work
Health Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 25, 2018
This experience has been great I have learned so many new things about cardiology. I love see all the positive outcomes with heart transplants etc. The work the staff does is truly astounding.
good place to work
A/P Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIMarch 22, 2018
For the most part good culture. Issues come in with long time employees that don't want any change what so ever. They tend to behave badly and act out even with small changes
benefits
Cons
long time employees
Management sees workers as numbers instead of as real people.
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 20, 2018
Workplace bullying and uncaring management made it very difficult to enjoy the important work done at CHW. Very high turnaround rate because people are quitting all the time.
Pros
Helping kids
Cons
Working overtime a lot, uncaring management
Language Services Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 8, 2018
Children's Hospital is a great place to work. CHW is very patient focused and strives to provide service excellence. Their values show their passion and how much they care for the children that are taken care of here.
Sink or swim mentality
RRT (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 21, 2018
Unsupportive management. Low paying wages. VERY emotionally taxing providing care for the acute and chronically ill patients. As well as NAT's and suicides.
Pros
Always have OT
Cons
Watching children die
Great Company to work for!
Call Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 13, 2018
Many opportunities for growth within the company. They provide educational reimbursement if employed at least part time. Flexibility in the department that allowed me to attend school and work part time.
Pros
Pto, flexibility
Cons
n/a
World Class Healthcare
Director of Events (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 8, 2018
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin is the absolute best place to take your child. It is a top-notch facility with the best clinical staff in the Midwest.
a day at childrens
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 7, 2018
A typical day at childrens is to check In about 500+ people in for their appoinments. Answer about 200 calls per day for scheduling or guiding patient to speak with nurses. I enjoy meeting new people everyday and getting them checked in for their appointments. I enjoy going home everyday knowing that I gave 100% to the clients I have had in contacted with on that day and knowing they received the best care from CHW
Pros
free lunch, my co workers are wonderful
Cons
going home late hours
Excellent and rewarding
Diagnostic Director (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 30, 2018
This was an outstanding health care environment. Extremely rewarding to improve the quality of life for a patient and their families. I would highly recommend this place of employment
Challenging
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 30, 2018
Worked a 10 hour day even plus sometimes when others left with work unfinished

very intense with little help or no trained technicians available

pharmacists helped very little some were absolutely wonderful but majority is very rude and not helpful

when busy everyone does not participate in all tasks , everyone tended to one task that was assigned to them and had no desire to help out another in need

no breaks are given

your on your feet for 9 1/2 hours a day

environment is so large that it is not a welcoming working environment .

I personally never felt welcomed and neither did any new technicians

There is a huge turnover rate for pharmacy technicians there.
Pros
benefits are awesome
Cons
no breaks, not welcoming, not a team working enviroment
Health unit clerk
valued team member (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 8, 2018
the culture is very family friendly and employee friendly everyone is treated with respect. I always enjoyed seeing a healthy patient discharged home.
Pros
co-workers and families
Cons
long work days
Easy going
Room Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 7, 2018
With the 9-5 hours, it was hard to fit in a school schedule, however I managed. The team was wonderful and I truly enjoyed every aspect of the Teller position. Handling money to creating relationships with the members.
Pros
Federal Reserve Education
Cons
Time constricting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Reviews by Location