Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
I love them
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 20, 2018
Children’s is an excellent place of work. I intend on being here as long as I can until I graduate and move on to the next step in my career. I would recommend anyone to work here.
Support unfair Leadership
Nurse Intern Children's Hospital of Wisconsin IICU (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 17, 2018
Workload is supported by leadership that don't recognize the work that is being done. Leadership is not supportive and do not value diversity and when issue are brought up they are not addressed,
Pros
the money is good
Cons
leadership neglect racially motivated misconduct
Very professional work environment
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 15, 2018
Childrens Hospital has been the best place by far that I have ever worked at. The staff are great, the are collaborative, and very dedicated. If I ever have a choice to come back I’ll definitely take the opportunity very good work environment with great work ethics.
I would like to parrot another review. Same situation.
BI Tool & Security Admin (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53226May 10, 2018
I loved the position and the Company, but a manager I worked for is terrible. She was never around, didn't want to help with questions, only wanted to berate people when she was there. I left due to this.
Pros
Great causes, good benefits, free parking, free coffee
Cons
Poor management
Supportive and respectful work culture.
Process Improvement Intern (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMay 7, 2018
Children's Hospital is a great place to work and everyone that works there truly believes in the company mission statement. Project selection is sometimes a tad confusing and the completion of such projects is often an issue.
Pros
Collaborative, Fun, Focused
Cons
Unclear Objectives, Communication Between Departments
Ruined by one manager.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 25, 2018
Love the position here. But a manager I work for (not under) is terrible. Management does not care for this person's behavior. No problem leaving due to this.
Productive workplace with an emphasis on collaboration and striving towards providing the best care for the kids
Distribution Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 16, 2018
I like(d) working at CHW because there were core values every employee should follow in regards to their performance, which includes Integrity, Collaboration, Health, Purpose, and Innovation. I rarely encountered problems with HR or management, and I would recommend working at CHW, especially if you appreciate such core values and believe you can make a difference in the life of a child.
Friendly Atmosphere and Excellent Staff
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 15, 2018
Childrens Hspital is an excellent place to work. The staff at Childrens Hospital are very professional and friendly. It is important to have great communication skills in this job becuase you will be working with sickly children and their parents.
Benefits
Great part time job
Visitation Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 15, 2018
Great part time job- great experiences to have as a part time job! Environment is stable and families that you work with is a great mixture of people.
Pros
Great co-workers
For the kids
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 10, 2018
I do this for the kids; to give back. The only culture we have is from our patients/families; why not hire a little bit of diversity? To be completely honest, if this were adult care, I would've been gone already. Second most honest thing is that the pay compensation is poor. Again, if it weren't for the kids, I would've moved on by now. I do know that if the pay adjustments aren't completed by June, like promised, I will be moving on.
Pros
the kids
Cons
pay rate
Fun place to work
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 27, 2018
Enjoyed with others as well as working with children. The staff are all great team members. I would recommend this place as a great place to work. The hardest part of the job would be seeing the sick children.
Pros
free parking
Cons
healthcare
fast pace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 26, 2018
the GI department is very fast pace. you have to be able to move quick and keep everything correct. the doctor's that I work with a very caring and knowledge.
Productive Place to work
Health Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 25, 2018
This experience has been great I have learned so many new things about cardiology. I love see all the positive outcomes with heart transplants etc. The work the staff does is truly astounding.
good place to work
A/P Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIMarch 22, 2018
For the most part good culture. Issues come in with long time employees that don't want any change what so ever. They tend to behave badly and act out even with small changes
benefits
Cons
long time employees
Management sees workers as numbers instead of as real people.
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 20, 2018
Workplace bullying and uncaring management made it very difficult to enjoy the important work done at CHW. Very high turnaround rate because people are quitting all the time.
Pros
Helping kids
Cons
Working overtime a lot, uncaring management
Language Services Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 8, 2018
Children's Hospital is a great place to work. CHW is very patient focused and strives to provide service excellence. Their values show their passion and how much they care for the children that are taken care of here.
Sink or swim mentality
RRT (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 21, 2018
Unsupportive management. Low paying wages. VERY emotionally taxing providing care for the acute and chronically ill patients. As well as NAT's and suicides.
Pros
Always have OT
Cons
Watching children die
Great Company to work for!
Call Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 13, 2018
Many opportunities for growth within the company. They provide educational reimbursement if employed at least part time. Flexibility in the department that allowed me to attend school and work part time.
Pros
Pto, flexibility
Cons
n/a
World Class Healthcare
Director of Events (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 8, 2018
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin is the absolute best place to take your child. It is a top-notch facility with the best clinical staff in the Midwest.
a day at childrens
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 7, 2018
A typical day at childrens is to check In about 500+ people in for their appoinments. Answer about 200 calls per day for scheduling or guiding patient to speak with nurses. I enjoy meeting new people everyday and getting them checked in for their appointments. I enjoy going home everyday knowing that I gave 100% to the clients I have had in contacted with on that day and knowing they received the best care from CHW
Pros
free lunch, my co workers are wonderful
Cons
going home late hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight