Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters

Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters Employee Reviews

CHKD is a great company to work for
Patient Account Technician II (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 9, 2019
CHKD is a good company to work for. They hired me while I was attending Norfolk State University and was understanding with my schedule changes each semester. They were very supportive and I learned a lot of my professional skills at CHKD.
Great place to work if you love children
Scheduling Coordinator, Developmental Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 27, 2018
I love working with the children and building relationships with families. I do received the experience while working with the psychologist. Compensation is not excellent
Cons
long lunch breaks, healthcare
Overworked
Radiologic Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 26, 2018
Loved the people but management was out of touch with workers needs. I would revise calls from various locations daily from people I had never met asking me to fill in for shifts.
Poor Management
Patient Access Technician (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 10, 2018
The management struggles when it comes to business. It is very busy and includes a lot of training. It is important to pay attention to detail working in this environment.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 20, 2018
I will recommend anybody to apply to CHKD. Very competitive took me a couple of years to get in. There benefits are really good especially the medical insurance!
Pros
1 Hour lunch break
Cons
Nothing so far
Pharmacy Dept
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 28, 2018
The pharmacy department has poor management. The management is unprofessional at times and plays favorites with their employees. A very high turn around rate. Instead of training and hiring from within the department they hire from the outside. The department can be very hectic at times. The technician earn every penny of their paycheck and are underpaid.
Pros
Employee Benfits
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and good place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 20, 2018
I Love the way they work specially since it was my first job in the USA and the support between everyone and how they teach you on the floor to sell clothes
Poor Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at CHKD the first 6 months I was there. When management changed the work environment changed for the worse. When I expressed this to the Corporate Manager it was not taken seriously.
A lot of claims are reviewed
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 24, 2018
Claims are reviewed daily for the purpose of recovering unpaid balances due from insurance companies. Several man hours are spent on accounts old and new sometimes resulting in those accounts being reviewed by outsourced third party companies.
Great working with children
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 17, 2018
Very rewarding job working with children. You will find children get well as fast as they get ill. Can be a fun place to work when involved in the events that go on for the kids.
No room for advacement
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 31, 2018
First off I love work with the people my department there is just no growth. The patient that we see are all great to see the changings in there lives over the years has been one of the most wonderful things. I have been employed at CHKD for 11 years and keep being told that other positions I apply for would either be a pay cut or I'm over qualified. There is no reward or appreciation for long time employees. I am stuck, because the only position I can take now would be a Supervisor position and there are currently no openings for a Supervisor and a position is not going to be created for me so what are you to do.
Pros
Can take off whenever needed. Co-workers are awesome
Cons
No growth or room for advancement
Poor management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 1, 2018
I am always excited to start a new job even if it is low wages. Depending on the manager, the work load was not consistent or even among employees. Very thrifty meaning very little AC in the summer and very little heat in the winter. There was no employee appreciation and the managers were stressed out because of the District Managers.
Pros
Other employees
Cons
District manager
Chkd
Practice Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 27, 2018
Working for CHKD is amazing experience- However management side was somewhat hard to communicate with. I've leaned a lot working with 7 providers. A lot of negative employees and staff members.
Advancement in my opinion takes to long to obtain
Patient Information/ Security (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 23, 2018
A great company to work for, where there is room for growth and advancement if you desire to move to the next level. Great company and great people ..
Pros
Able to work and attend school with out many interfuptions
Cons
Salary is low not always able to pay my bills, still have to find another job.
Very fast paced enviorment. Wonderful nurses and doctors to work with.
RECEPTIONIST/SCHEDULER, CHKD (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 21, 2018
Answering the phones and greeting patients with their parents or care givers. Receiving co-payments. Filing insurance(s). Balancing cash drawer at shift end. Scanning information into patients charts.
Pros
Feeling like I made a difference in the childrens experiences.
Cons
Having to explain to patients why they are waiting. Usually because of a sick child being seen.
Children's Hospital provides the community with top notch treatment of children
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 14, 2018
CHKD is a very good hospital which includes neonatal and pediatric intensive care and top notch emergency room. I am very confident when taking my children here and I know I will only receive the best, most advanced care possible.
Productive and a great place to learn many opportunities for advancement
Patient Information/ Security (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 13, 2018
A wonderful place to work, but sad times also. We work very hard to provide a safe, secure place for our children and staff. Our main concern is providing the best care for every child that enters Children's Hospital whether it is for admission or just a clinic appointment. I have learned a great deal, working at CHKD.
Pros
learning experience.
Cons
Low pay
Productive and fun place to work
Front Desk/Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 7, 2018
I always loved working with the kids and the families. Always busy to keep the day going never a dull day. Doctors and nurses were very caring people.
basic
Patient Access Lead (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 3, 2018
fun but hectic work environment, with poor management all around. Also riddled with staffing issues. Could improve relations with employees and how they balance he employees life to work ratio.
Busy Workplace
Patient Access Technician II (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 30, 2018
CHKD was a great place to work part time. It was very flexible in scheduling and gave you an opportunity to balance your full time work life. I would recommend anyone to work here.