Children's Institute, Inc. Employee Reviews

Substitute's don't get paid good
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2018
This place is not the right place for substitutes. The pay is too low for all the job that a long term sub has to deal with and there is no paid holiday or any benefits even tough the sub has to do all the work that a regular Head Start teacher has to deal with.
Pros
eight hours of work garanteed
Cons
no paid holiday, long term subs have to do all paperwork just like a regular teacher but with no benefits.
Hectic at times but very rewarding
Master Teacher (Former Employee) –  Watts, CAJuly 16, 2018
Teaching is not easy but when given the right resources makes your job a lot less stressful. Directors are well trained and are always willing to teach you new material.
Pros
room for growth
Cons
only teach 10 1/2 weeks a year
High Burn Out
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2018
Co-workers not held accountable for very large mistakes with clients or in the office because company is desperate to keep spots filled rather than have quality employees. Company has such an intense focus on productivity that even t.aking time off is stressful. If you take a week off for vacation, you are expected to make that time up for the quarter which means being overworked
Pros
salary rates
Cons
hypocritical environment from stated values to actual practice
Push for numbers and money and growth incongruent with professed care for staff
Employee for 5 years (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesMarch 12, 2018
Although there are really great people amongst the team at CII, the overall push for money and numbers creates a punitive culture that leads to a divide between staff and leadership. Inspiration is replaced by threats. The expectations to treat clients one way is not modeled by how staff are treated by management and leadership. This creates an environment without trust, dog eat dog and is not healthy.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Review
the hardest part of this job
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 23, 2015
I think that the hardest part of this job was dealing with my co-workers, they either assumed to much about their positions which made me feel like they were my boss or the person who I was higher by, or they didn't contribute to their position at all. I hated the fact that my co- workers had no consequences for being late, or just not completing tasks that the site supervisor would ask of them.
Pros
I loved working with all the children
Cons
I hated the fact that no one was held accountable for ones own actions
A Great Place for Growth
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesJanuary 14, 2015
A stable job , great place for growth, great opportunity for Child Development majors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Institute, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4