Children's Institute Inc. Employee Reviews

Enjoyable environment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2018
I'm a substitute teacher at Children's Institute and i really enjoy working there. The Management is very professional and are willing to help you grow within the company. You get the proper training before starting new assignments and you learn as you go. If you become a full time it could be a little stressful at first but you could always count with extra helped with management and other teachers in the company. I'm looking to work with special Education and expand my learning that's why i'm looking for another job. If your just starting your career as an educator this is a great start you learn so much and could grow in the company if you show initiative. They really care about their employees well being and concerns. The pay for my position is not to high but with all the experience i gained it was worth it.
Pros
Great staff, training, fast pace
Worst job ever.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 28, 2018
Micromanaged. Favoritism plays huge role. Adequate training is not provided. Expected to do more than job description entails. Stressful. Worst job I have ever had. Turn over rate is high for a reason. Throughout my one year there i had four different supervisors. What does that say?
Craziness in the workplace
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2018
It’s was not good working at one place and now that I left I am being punish. I do not get the 32 hours a week I used to work and sometimes I do not work at all.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break some children and superviser
Working with children
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2017
It was fun helping the children with their reading and art skills. Seeing them have dance lessons and cooking with them was just the icing on the cake. I really do miss that place, I didn't care if it was a volunteer job
Pros
The children
Cons
Short breaks
I dont live there anymore
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 29, 2017
I wish the supervisor was more supportive,,,, or the Area manager cared a little more.... wish I had more to say about the program... blah blah blah blah blah....
Professional Environment
Internship Placement-Lead Therapist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 21, 2017
Professional job culture. Excellent supervision. I learned a lot clinically because they provide a lot of training and guidance. Culturally diverse environment that is client-focused.
Pros
professionalism
Cons
productivity
Great enviorment
Volunteer Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Children's Institute is a great place to work/volunteer at. The people are very kind and friendly. I was able to learn a few skills when working with children. They really care about their staff.
As a teacher.
Early Childhood Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2015
A lot of paper work and assesments for children. Must know how to use time management and balance "down time" in classroom to complete paperwork. Be willing to be flexible with hours due to mandatory trainings. Management is there however might need to VOICE out and ask for the help to recieve.Teacher ratios are low which is a plus. Early head start 4:1 ratio. Preschool 8:1 ratio.
Pay is hourly for non-exempt employees. Teachers with Bachelor’s degree get 17.00 hourly rate.
Pros
Paid vacation amd paid sick days.
Cons
Hard: Pay raise.
interesting
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day was basic everyday was the same bascially the children were on a set schedule.
Pros
free meals
Cons
short breaks
Great company
MSW Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Great company! I'm so glad I was chosen to intern here! This agency really helps children that have had trauma exposure.
Great work place
Care Coordinator  (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 12, 2013
Working hand in hand with therapist. Help clients with linkages and resources.
Pros
great knowledge on DMH billing, training
Cons
small work space