Children's Learning Adventure Employee Reviews

The kids and Families were wonderful
Assistant teacher (1 year old classroom) (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 12, 2019
Management was unfair and our hours were continually cut so we didnt get over 35 hours a week.
I loved my kids and their families.
the staff is mostly wonderful, unfortunatly the turn over rate is so high that its hard to get to know anyone.
Fun workplace
School bus driver (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 2, 2019
During summer camp it was great fun going to the various activities with all of the various groups of children. During the school year it was a relaxed position picking up and dropping off the children at the various schools.
Former Bus Driver
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, TXDecember 30, 2018
I would not go back to the Woodlands location ... I tried to apply at the Humble location but I figured I was going to get a bad review since I left the woodlands location and I was actually an outstanding worker never missed a day. I'm glad I did remain at the school district.. I'm glad another door of opportunity open up....
Pros
Day off
Cons
Poor Management
Management is horrible (Ton of turnover)
Campus Center Director (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXDecember 28, 2018
Stay away from this place if you want to be a manager. There is a reason why they are always hiring managers. Regional Managers do not do their job or develop their staff. Everyone is in fear of losing their job. I worked there less than a year and was hired for a management role yet was thrown into whatever was available. I was told to keep my role a secret when training at Campus. The Management did not train or check in with me. The pay is very low and the environment is very unprofessional. The culture is all about gossip and getting Teachers in trouble.
Pros
Campus is Beautiful
Cons
Management Sucks and Disconnected
Fun fun as fast as you can..
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VADecember 28, 2018
This place is horrible. No communication whatsoever. The new management team is very disrespectful. They change your schedule last minute. Cut your hours during the holidays without informing you. The assistant director is very rude condescending and let you know she will replace. The director has no control. There are staff who do nothing and just walk around and refuse to help with work. If you are thinking this is a good place to work because it has benefits or the pay is good it’s not the insurance is a joke and the pay is not better then any other center. It’s very sad that this place turned out to be like this.
Pros
The families and the children
Cons
The food the pay insurance management
run as fast as you can
Toddler and Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXDecember 27, 2018
the directors of this place are very unprofessional. they expect all their teachers to have some sort of degree but want to pay them less than 12 an hour. they will literally harass you if you ever ask for any days off or call in sick. they will belittle you and make you feel less than a person, and then try to hug you after they just verbally abused you. they will harass you to get off the clock on THEIR time, but then turn around and ask you to work open to close. when they ask you to stay late, they then make you take longer lunches so you won’t get overtime. nobody lasts more than 6+ months and if they do it’s because they’re scared for change and are comfortable or just like the drama. run away from this place.
Pros
kids are super cute
Cons
everything
No work life balance
Child Care Director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 17, 2018
Don't do it! Over worked and never appreciated by owners! The do not trust those running their buildings. Terrible Regional Manager who is never at the schools offering support.
Most stressful job
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milton, GADecember 16, 2018
This is literally the most stressful place I've ever worked. The problem starts at the top - corporate and management leave a lot to be desired. Employees who gossip and cause drama are retained while they do nothing to keep good employees.
Cons
Work environment, management
its a hard place to work.
Assistant Educational Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 5, 2018
Ratios are way to high.
Politics in the office.
Overworked.
I loved being an assistant to the Early Childhood Specialist.
They didn't hire enough staff.
Pros
The staff was fantastic. The Director was fair.
Cons
When the director was out; The other management staff could not keep up.
Pot management and under staffed
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INDecember 3, 2018
I enjoyed this job at first however within a few weeks time it took a sharp turn towards dislike. This location is very understaffed and the turnover rate is very high- due to most employees not putting up with managements lack of support. You are in very high stress enviornements with children who are raised in a very entitled environment. As an employee myself and others feel unappreciated as teachers and are underpaid. There is no consistency with who is being paid what rate.
Pros
Neat facility
Cons
No 15min breaks, pay, management, turnover rate, inconsistent
Fun work place
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZDecember 2, 2018
It is the job I am currently in, it is a fun job, although it has its ups and downs, but overall it has taught me to be more patients with the children and taught me valuable life skills that will benefit me as I get older.
Pros
FREE lunch
Cons
Not enough money
Beautiful center and great kids
Pre-k Teacher/instructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 29, 2018
There’s a lot of stuff that can’t get done because of the director. Overall this place is not the best to work for but it does have some good aspects.
Pros
Great kids, great managers
Cons
Unorganized, chaotic, overcrowded rooms, director
Great place to work!
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 15, 2018
I've been employed part time at CLA for a year and a half. I am thankful to have found a company that cares about their employees and wants nothing but the best for them. We are always being pushed to put out our best work (with full support AND coaching)! Management is always available to answer any questions. CLA has a collaborative work environment where new ideas are always welcome.
Pros
Early out on Fridays, collaborative team, good pay
Cons
The office door isn't locked / doesn't require access card to enter
Easy going environment, love the culture
Talent Sourcer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 14, 2018
Great company to work for. Love the culture that is growing and fostering the employees, creating a true family environment. Employees are valued and the management staff works hard to implement that appreciation at every level.
Pros
Great people
Growth opportunities
Management (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 13, 2018
The culture of CLA and staff are amazing. Advancement opportunities are available to those that want it and show results. The company is huge on results which allows you to maximize your potential and prove your worth. The schools and families you get to interact with are a bonus too. They do offer direct deposit where I noticed past reviews said they do not.
Pros
Management, childcare discount, pay, environment
Cons
no 401K match or education reimbursement
Stressful work environmemt
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Parker, CONovember 9, 2018
Generally, I enjoyed working with the rest of the staff at my location. I loved working with the children and enjoyed getting to know their families.
However, within a month of my hiring date, 5 out of 6 management had left. Not that I liked most of them anyway. There was a huge lack of respect for the teachers and other staff. Most days, classrooms were out of ratio. In fact, for the better part of a month, I had 16 children between the ages of 1 1/2 and almost 3 years old in my classroom with an assistant who pretty much did nothing during the day to help out. Management did nothing to help either. Had licensing or state come in, there would have definitely been more than enough reasons to write the center up at the very least. All these things together made for a very stressful working environment.
Cons
Management who did not care about the rest of the staff and lots of locensing issues
I love cla
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 9, 2018
I enjoy working for CLA. I have been given the opportunity to receive coaching and training to make me effective in my role. I enjoy working with the corporate team as well as our regional managers to help support the growth of our schools. If I had children I would enroll them at CLA because they are the best.
Pros
everything
Great
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 31, 2018
I loved working at Children’s Learning Adventure! The children were Awesome! So fun to see them grow and move on to the next level! Very rewarding!!!!!
Pros
Loved going to work
Cons
Sometimes the hours were to long!
If you are thinking of working here, proceed with caution
EX-EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 29, 2018
They are horrible human beings and don't give a $#&@ about you....All they do is make your life stress ….Continue to pile work and more work on you...….An easy work week is 60 plus hours a week and they don't pay you.

Its the worst company......terrible benefits, people are moody and not nice.

One of the worst jobs I have had.
Cons
good kids and fun job but stressfull management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKOctober 2, 2018
Management made each day a little stressful for working in the summer camp. The kids were a blast and field trips were fun, but each day was a little difficult because of poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Learning Adventure. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight