Children's Learning Adventure Employee Reviews

Very stressful environment
Driver/Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 17, 2018
The children were totally undisciplined. It was a very stressful environment. There was no room for advancement. They don't pay enough for a person to make a living.
Pros
Weekends when not at work
Cons
Unenjoyable, stressful, low pay, poor benefits.
Good place to work with children, lots of specality classes.
Lead Science Teacher (Current Employee) –  League City, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Each speciality class has their curriculum binder that is use to teacher the students. Every month is a different assignment with enhancement cards and lesson plans.
Pros
yes we do get free lunches, its always nice to speak with parents.
Cons
long hours sometimes, lots of kids per teacher.
Not a place I would want to work
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 6, 2018
They do not pay good, they do not treat their employees good. You are lucky to 8 hours a day. They charge families a whole bunch a week, but do not pay their employees good
No Management
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 3, 2018
There were too many managers who were either highly inappropriate or not doing their job. I saw managers on SnapChat in the front doorway. They played favorites and did not provide the best care for children. It was spotty at best.
Pros
Cons
Work hours cut short, unrealistic expectations
Unethical working conditions and unsafe environment for children of all ages.
Preschool Teacher - Lead (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 1, 2018
DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE, AND DO NOT WORK HERE.

Management is ever-changing and overworked. Therefore, they turn a blind eye when they hire unfit teachers who leave the kids in their dirty diapers for hours. Most teachers just have the kids play outside all day (without sunscreen), and lie on the kids' Daily Reports. No matter how many times teachers bring up these concerns to management, NOTHING is done. How is it okay to turn a blind eye like this, when it's children's lives you're dealing with?
Pros
Small handful of quality teachers
Cons
Awful management allowing unethical teachers to burn out decent teachers
Nice facility
Seasonal Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Milton, GAAugust 17, 2018
The child care facility is very well taken care of, clean and interesting. As a summer bus driver, the hours are not consistent and is too low. $10/hour for 4 to 6 hours is too low to deal with screaming kids, heat, noise and uncertainty of hours. The advantage is that you are admitted to all of the field trips that you drive for, the activities are repeated 3-4 days per week, which can be fun or boring, it is what you make it. The staff is nice and takes good care of the kids.
productive and fun work place.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2018
My job was enjoyable and fun. Every day my children and I followed a curricular activity schedule, and once a week we went on a field trip. In addition, I was in charge of feeding my class three times day-breakfast, lunch, and snack. At times my job got a little stressful, thus there was always 12-20 kids daily, and one adult. Lastly, I enjoyed getting to know my class and will miss them.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no breaks, and had to feed all the kids.
n/a
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89113August 12, 2018
I have been working with childrens learning adventure for almost almost 4 years now.. I love my co teachers, kids and all of my current managers. We treat each other as family.
Too concerned about bottom line
Explorers Teacher/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 9, 2018
When it first opened, it was touted as being all for the children and families and that teachers were extremely important. We were told we would have anything we needed to give the students a wonderful experience. However, as time progressed less and less supplies were offered, teachers not qualified, had to jump through many hoops to get a day off or call in sick. Management concerned only about the bottom line and cutting costs. We barely had enough food to feed the children not to mention less and less supplies to implement the company's own curriculum.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management
Not a place to work
na (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAAugust 7, 2018
Was great and many managers left and they should have. The owners and higher ups are horrible they over work the managers to the point of sickness. I use to love working there but they are all about the money and care about nothing else.
Pros
the kids, people, families
Cons
benefits are a joke everything else
Learning Adventure
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 1, 2018
I LOVED IT HERE!!! I loved my kids management everything. Pay was great and it was just like a big happy family. I do wish they had discounts for childcare if you had kids and worked their but other than that I loved it their.
Social Media Specialist
Social Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 30, 2018
Horrible time working here. Do not apply for this company at all. The CEO spends time looking at inappropriate items on his computer while working. Also, the Social Media manager was no polite and picked favorites.
Sucks
Lead 2's Teacher / Children's Learning Adventure (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 28, 2018
Management and company overall very money hungry and dont care about kids or staff well being. Work/life balance is horrible, don't bother trying to call in sick. Managers are lazy,
Fun work environment
Lead teacher (Current Employee) –  Keller, TXJuly 23, 2018
Fast pace work environment, there was always something to do. Managment would let you know about your schedule and about how it might change. Sometimes they would only let you know last minute due to employee change.
Do your research!
Lead Teacher Toddler Room (Former Employee) –  Ellisville, MOJuly 13, 2018
This is a horrible company to work for. Always short staffed, employees are treated with zero respect & the teachers were horrible to the children due to the long hours they worked. The work environment is hostile and unorganized. Management doesn’t care when rooms are out of ratio as long as they don’t have to deal with it. If you need to use the restroom it took sometimes 45 minutes for someone to come if they didn’t forget all together. What is relayed to the parents about the curriculum is a lie. Nothing they say is happening is actually happening. The turn over rate is so unusually high they begin hiring people just to have someone in the rooms. It’s a shame the parents don’t know what is going on especially considering the amount they pay. Stay away!
Pros
Zero
Cons
Poor management, unorganized, watchers treated horribly, long hours
Business over children.
Lead Teacher Pre-K (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 12, 2018
They operate more as a business rather than a school. The only thing that matters is the money. The well being of the teachers and children come behind money. New children are added continually, and classrooms are over ratio every single day- stressing out the teachers and children.
The curriculum that teachers have to work under is not appropriate or practical for children. There is no space for a teacher to be a teacher because you are required to follow CLA's curriculum and daily schedule. If you value your thought, input and talent as a teacher do not work here. You will not find the freedom to make your classroom yours.
Don't recommend
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cinco Ranch, TXJuly 8, 2018
In the 4+ years I have worked for the company, I only received one raise. I don not make enough working there to live on my own. There was no career advancement even being there the length of time I was there. Management is cliquey and lazy. There is always drama. It's not some place to have a career.
Pros
The families
Cons
Low wages, cliquey management, no advancement, drama
Stressful
Early Childhood Teacher (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 26, 2018
The managers provided little recognition for all the hard work you put in. They over filled the rooms and over worked you. With all the different managers there was always toxic drama.
work
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 13, 2018
my experince at childrens learning adventure was unique. I feel that they have alot to offer to kids, they have many options for kids to expand and explore there minds
Stressful, chaotic, exhausting
Lead Teacher (preschool) (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 2, 2018
Always under staffed, high turn over rate
Constant rotation of new management
Little to no assistance in classrooms if you are a Lead
Value money of the children
Companies culture is pompous
They say they give raises annually..this is a LIE

Positives: the facility has fun activities and a bunch of fun technology (if your trained to use it properly). They do offer health and 401k benefits as well as paid leave after 30 days...a week paid after 1 year
They also supply a fun curriculum and a TON of brand new supplies and books every month
Pros
Listed above
Cons
Listed above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Learning Adventure. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight