Children's Learning Adventure Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 15, 2018
I've been employed part time at CLA for a year and a half. I am thankful to have found a company that cares about their employees and wants nothing but the best for them. We are always being pushed to put out our best work (with full support AND coaching)! Management is always available to answer any questions. CLA has a collaborative work environment where new ideas are always welcome.
Pros
Early out on Fridays, collaborative team, good pay
Cons
The office door isn't locked / doesn't require access card to enter
Easy going environment, love the culture
Talent Sourcer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 14, 2018
Great company to work for. Love the culture that is growing and fostering the employees, creating a true family environment. Employees are valued and the management staff works hard to implement that appreciation at every level.
Pros
Great people
Growth opportunities
Management (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 13, 2018
The culture of CLA and staff are amazing. Advancement opportunities are available to those that want it and show results. The company is huge on results which allows you to maximize your potential and prove your worth. The schools and families you get to interact with are a bonus too. They do offer direct deposit where I noticed past reviews said they do not.
Pros
Management, childcare discount, pay, environment
Cons
no 401K match or education reimbursement
Stressful work environmemt
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Parker, CONovember 9, 2018
Generally, I enjoyed working with the rest of the staff at my location. I loved working with the children and enjoyed getting to know their families.
However, within a month of my hiring date, 5 out of 6 management had left. Not that I liked most of them anyway. There was a huge lack of respect for the teachers and other staff. Most days, classrooms were out of ratio. In fact, for the better part of a month, I had 16 children between the ages of 1 1/2 and almost 3 years old in my classroom with an assistant who pretty much did nothing during the day to help out. Management did nothing to help either. Had licensing or state come in, there would have definitely been more than enough reasons to write the center up at the very least. All these things together made for a very stressful working environment.
Cons
Management who did not care about the rest of the staff and lots of locensing issues
I love cla
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 9, 2018
I enjoy working for CLA. I have been given the opportunity to receive coaching and training to make me effective in my role. I enjoy working with the corporate team as well as our regional managers to help support the growth of our schools. If I had children I would enroll them at CLA because they are the best.
Pros
everything
Great
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 31, 2018
I loved working at Children’s Learning Adventure! The children were Awesome! So fun to see them grow and move on to the next level! Very rewarding!!!!!
Pros
Loved going to work
Cons
Sometimes the hours were to long!
If you are thinking of working here, proceed with caution
EX-EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 29, 2018
They are horrible human beings and don't give a $#&@ about you....All they do is make your life stress ….Continue to pile work and more work on you...….An easy work week is 60 plus hours a week and they don't pay you.

Its the worst company......terrible benefits, people are moody and not nice.

One of the worst jobs I have had.
Cons
good kids and fun job but stressfull management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKOctober 2, 2018
Management made each day a little stressful for working in the summer camp. The kids were a blast and field trips were fun, but each day was a little difficult because of poor management
Very stressful environment
Driver/Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 17, 2018
The children were totally undisciplined. It was a very stressful environment. There was no room for advancement. They don't pay enough for a person to make a living.
Pros
Weekends when not at work
Cons
Unenjoyable, stressful, low pay, poor benefits.
Good place to work with children, lots of specality classes.
Lead Science Teacher (Current Employee) –  League City, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Each speciality class has their curriculum binder that is use to teacher the students. Every month is a different assignment with enhancement cards and lesson plans.
Pros
yes we do get free lunches, its always nice to speak with parents.
Cons
long hours sometimes, lots of kids per teacher.
Not a place I would want to work
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 6, 2018
They do not pay good, they do not treat their employees good. You are lucky to 8 hours a day. They charge families a whole bunch a week, but do not pay their employees good
No Management
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 3, 2018
There were too many managers who were either highly inappropriate or not doing their job. I saw managers on SnapChat in the front doorway. They played favorites and did not provide the best care for children. It was spotty at best.
Pros
Cons
Work hours cut short, unrealistic expectations
Unethical working conditions and unsafe environment for children of all ages.
Preschool Teacher - Lead (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 1, 2018
DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE, AND DO NOT WORK HERE.

Management is ever-changing and overworked. Therefore, they turn a blind eye when they hire unfit teachers who leave the kids in their dirty diapers for hours. Most teachers just have the kids play outside all day (without sunscreen), and lie on the kids' Daily Reports. No matter how many times teachers bring up these concerns to management, NOTHING is done. How is it okay to turn a blind eye like this, when it's children's lives you're dealing with?
Pros
Small handful of quality teachers
Cons
Awful management allowing unethical teachers to burn out decent teachers
Nice facility
Seasonal Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Milton, GAAugust 17, 2018
The child care facility is very well taken care of, clean and interesting. As a summer bus driver, the hours are not consistent and is too low. $10/hour for 4 to 6 hours is too low to deal with screaming kids, heat, noise and uncertainty of hours. The advantage is that you are admitted to all of the field trips that you drive for, the activities are repeated 3-4 days per week, which can be fun or boring, it is what you make it. The staff is nice and takes good care of the kids.
productive and fun work place.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2018
My job was enjoyable and fun. Every day my children and I followed a curricular activity schedule, and once a week we went on a field trip. In addition, I was in charge of feeding my class three times day-breakfast, lunch, and snack. At times my job got a little stressful, thus there was always 12-20 kids daily, and one adult. Lastly, I enjoyed getting to know my class and will miss them.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no breaks, and had to feed all the kids.
n/a
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89113August 12, 2018
I have been working with childrens learning adventure for almost almost 4 years now.. I love my co teachers, kids and all of my current managers. We treat each other as family.
Too concerned about bottom line
Explorers Teacher/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 9, 2018
When it first opened, it was touted as being all for the children and families and that teachers were extremely important. We were told we would have anything we needed to give the students a wonderful experience. However, as time progressed less and less supplies were offered, teachers not qualified, had to jump through many hoops to get a day off or call in sick. Management concerned only about the bottom line and cutting costs. We barely had enough food to feed the children not to mention less and less supplies to implement the company's own curriculum.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management
Not a place to work
na (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAAugust 7, 2018
Was great and many managers left and they should have. The owners and higher ups are horrible they over work the managers to the point of sickness. I use to love working there but they are all about the money and care about nothing else.
Pros
the kids, people, families
Cons
benefits are a joke everything else
Learning Adventure
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 1, 2018
I LOVED IT HERE!!! I loved my kids management everything. Pay was great and it was just like a big happy family. I do wish they had discounts for childcare if you had kids and worked their but other than that I loved it their.
Social Media Specialist
Social Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 30, 2018
Horrible time working here. Do not apply for this company at all. The CEO spends time looking at inappropriate items on his computer while working. Also, the Social Media manager was no polite and picked favorites.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Learning Adventure. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight