Children's Learning Adventure Employee Reviews

Do your research!
Lead Teacher Toddler Room (Former Employee) –  Ellisville, MOJuly 13, 2018
This is a horrible company to work for. Always short staffed, employees are treated with zero respect & the teachers were horrible to the children due to the long hours they worked. The work environment is hostile and unorganized. Management doesn’t care when rooms are out of ratio as long as they don’t have to deal with it. If you need to use the restroom it took sometimes 45 minutes for someone to come if they didn’t forget all together. What is relayed to the parents about the curriculum is a lie. Nothing they say is happening is actually happening. The turn over rate is so unusually high they begin hiring people just to have someone in the rooms. It’s a shame the parents don’t know what is going on especially considering the amount they pay. Stay away!
Pros
Zero
Cons
Poor management, unorganized, watchers treated horribly, long hours
Business over children.
Lead Teacher Pre-K (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 12, 2018
They operate more as a business rather than a school. The only thing that matters is the money. The well being of the teachers and children come behind money. New children are added continually, and classrooms are over ratio every single day- stressing out the teachers and children.
The curriculum that teachers have to work under is not appropriate or practical for children. There is no space for a teacher to be a teacher because you are required to follow CLA's curriculum and daily schedule. If you value your thought, input and talent as a teacher do not work here. You will not find the freedom to make your classroom yours.
Don't recommend
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cinco Ranch, TXJuly 8, 2018
In the 4+ years I have worked for the company, I only received one raise. I don not make enough working there to live on my own. There was no career advancement even being there the length of time I was there. Management is cliquey and lazy. There is always drama. It's not some place to have a career.
Pros
The families
Cons
Low wages, cliquey management, no advancement, drama
Stressful
Early Childhood Teacher (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 26, 2018
The managers provided little recognition for all the hard work you put in. They over filled the rooms and over worked you. With all the different managers there was always toxic drama.
work
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 13, 2018
my experince at childrens learning adventure was unique. I feel that they have alot to offer to kids, they have many options for kids to expand and explore there minds
Stressful, chaotic, exhausting
Lead Teacher (preschool) (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 2, 2018
Always under staffed, high turn over rate
Constant rotation of new management
Little to no assistance in classrooms if you are a Lead
Value money of the children
Companies culture is pompous
They say they give raises annually..this is a LIE

Positives: the facility has fun activities and a bunch of fun technology (if your trained to use it properly). They do offer health and 401k benefits as well as paid leave after 30 days...a week paid after 1 year
They also supply a fun curriculum and a TON of brand new supplies and books every month
Pros
Listed above
Cons
Listed above
As stressful as you would think a childcare job would be
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2018
While I do enjoy working with the kids and the other teachers, the job has made it obvious that while coporate and management can care about the children, they worry more about their parents' money. For full-time closing/head teacher (which I ended up taking over the position without a raise due to the original head teacher leaving) you spend the whole day upkeeping the classroom as well as making sure the kids are well taken care of. However you're expected to balance supervision, hourly duties (diaper changing, daily notes, etc.), as well as weekly duties (prepping for curriculum, writing newsletters, etc.). Management can provide help but I've had experiences where the help is minimal to none. Ratios are high, and they continusously enrolled children despite that.
Want degree but does not pay
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 15, 2018
People work hard to earn a degree your pay structure is disrespectful to that effort. If you cannot pay properly do not request persons with degree level education and experience.
Pros
meeting families
Cons
pay
Steer clear of here.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton, GAMay 7, 2018
Really nice school & cool ideas, but terrible managers and management! They don’t know what they’re doing, 2-3 people quit here every week. They talk and gossip very badly about teachers, parents, and other managers. The Director either is lazy as all get out or couldn’t care less about the things that happen. She never corrects management when they’re wrong, rude, or not doing their part. She allows her own child to freely bite other children there & still stay at the school. Out of all the managers, nobody can figure out how to make a correct schedule for us to follow! If you call them for help in your classroom, they probably won’t show up. Same is about true for getting a bathroom break. The older kids strongly dislike after school and Summer Camp. They repeatedly say the woman over the program is mean, and that last year their camp was “mean and boring.” I’ve nexer seen so many kids not want to come to a camp/event. They fire people that aren’t afraid to speak their minds. I’m sure this location will be going bankrupt or closing like the others soon. Steer VERY clear of here, it’s just a dressed up mess. They don’t value their teachers, especially the ones that actually have a passion to love & teach children. OH! And expect to work over 90 HOURS every pay period. Turnover rates are so high that there’s literally NOBODY to relieve you to go home, so you’ve just got to wait it out.
Pros
They pay you.
Cons
Rude Managers, Constant Gossip from managers, Long Hours, No Support.
This job stunk
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 6, 2018
Didn't like this job at all. parents are paying for the beauty of the school, not quality at all. The teachers I worked with talking about getting drunk after work and one manager I couldn;t understand why she was hired. not worth it at all, you get paid nothing
No Adventure Here
Enrichment Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 5, 2018
Management did not treat staff with respect. Ratios were not followed. Teacher turnover was very high. The ‘high-tech’ equipment that was to be utilized for the students was not-due to lack of functioning and/or training on how to operate it. Management did not have respect for staff time as they wouldn’t come to relieve at the end of your shift nor plan in advance to have another staff member come to. Tried to sell parents on high tuition rates with all their bells and whistles, but, wouldn’t bring my child here for free. Teacher-to-student ratios were extremely high and did not comply to state standards. For example, I taught an enrichment class after-school, I had to put my foot down when they would give me over 30 school-age students in one room! This happened repeatedly.
Pros
New to the area and seemed to provide cutting edge technology for students
Cons
Low pay for qualifications, Breaks were not given on time, no work/life balance, high ratios, lack of communication with management, high teacher turnover
Amazing place to work
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXApril 30, 2018
I've been at CLA for 2 years and the school is a second family to me. Management is always supportive and handles any issues quickly. I love the kids and families I work for all are so sweet. I have all the supplies I could ever ask for and always have help when needed.
Pros
Supplies for all activities
Cons
not very many pto days
Poor managment
Master Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 25, 2018
Poor management, no support.
The extra classrooms could be nice, but nothing is ever prepared, so it's only an extra room to play in. The kids get more interested in playing on the tablets then they do building relationships with other kids, playing, and learning.
It is a fun place to work, but be prepared to do everything alone at all times.
Lots of people have worked here and experience a "burn out" with working in childcare.
Enthusiastic staff
teacher (Former Employee) –  Laveen, AZApril 18, 2018
Students care about their learning even in the summer time. Field trips are great and class sizes are manageable for staff. Work culture is very engaging.
No room for advancement
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZApril 10, 2018
Lots of fun educating the children! I learned this preschool should have discipline instead of being an anti-disciplinary school. In all of my years working in administration, this is the poorest management I've ever dealt with. All the teachers were/are very nice, but the management made you feel like you were in high school and if you didn't fit in with their clique they shunned you and cut your hours. The hardest part of the job was when they cut my hours to 2 hours per day/4 days a week. No one can survive on that!! The most enjoyable part of the job was the smiles on the children's faces and knowing that I made an impact in their learning experience.
Cons
Hours cut constantly
Disorganized
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 9, 2018
Management is horribly disorganized.
Company and center has several DHS wright ups.
Max student capacity, but very understaffed; not enough teachers per classroom.
Just read Glassdoor, it will tell you everything. I didn't believe it when I applied, I regret it now.
Would NOT recommend.
Pros
1 hour lunch, paid time-off (after 1 year), nice families
Cons
Work/life balance impossible, terrible managers, understaffed, feeling used and abused, worst job I've ever had
Don't Apply
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2018
Unorganized, Hours are terrible and short staffed all the way around. I am no longer an employee but the only good thing about the facility is the programs avail for the children, as an employee you are told unreliable information and no flexibility on the hours. Terrible
Pros
programs for children
Cons
being an employee
Fun and quick paced
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMarch 30, 2018
Typical work day was a quick pace, with multiple rotations in different classrooms with a diverse curriculum.
I learned how to manage a classroom with multiple students everyday.
Management: The managers of Children's Learning Adventure were always looking for improvements from staff, well organized and strict when it came to rules.
Workplace culture: friendly, and active
Hardest part of job: Constant shifting of working hours
Most enjoyable part of job: Daily routine of seeing my assigned students
Pros
Being able to watch children grow
Cons
Ensuring safety of children at all times
High communication and lovely workplace
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMarch 26, 2018
Each employee has access to communication options at all times and management is eager to help communication between parents and teachers. Lunch is served to the kids and its encouraged that you eat with them so you have the option of a free lunch. The building is full of fun activities for the kids to enjoy!
Pros
free lunch, great environment, and unlimited supplies
Cons
Few breaks, 30 day probation, and the need for an immune system of steel
looks aren't everything
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2018
the term "looks can be deceiving" is spot on with CLA. Management is a joke. I have never met more unprofessional people in the 20+ years I've been in the workforce. They allow other staff to bully you and in 1 incident one of the managers not only witnessed it but joined in. They are all about quality over quantity. Management plays favorites like no other place I've ever worked. Money hungry is an understatement
Pros
health insurance, somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
the list is too long

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Learning Adventure. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight