Children's Mercy Hospitals & Clinics Employee Reviews

PROFESSIONAL REVENUE CODING OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 13, 2018
The employee benefits are great and the most enjoyable part of working here is knowing that you make a difference. Every level has an impact on the organization.
Great Place to Work but Management is Horrible
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 2, 2018
I like Children's Mercy I have every intention on going back one day. The management team is just very unorganized and disrespectful, there is a lack of consistency.
Limited staff
Radiology Sedation RN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 30, 2018
Typical work day started at 0645, started with one patient and had around 3 to 5 patients a day. I learned a lot about MRI, CT, IR and Nuc medicine. OK management. Older staff were unkind and treated new staff terribly. Younger staff members were kind and considerate. Hardest part of the job was call. I really enjoyed the young staff members and their willingness to offer help.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 29, 2018
Children's Mercy is seriously the most amazing job I have ever had. I miss it terribly. The only reason I left was because I moved out of state and there is no CMH where I am now living. My coworkers were some of the most loving and supportive people I have ever met. We were more like a family rather than coworkers.
Pros
Amazing coworkers and fun work environment
Culture Change - not involved enough
Finance Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 28, 2018
The culture is changing at CMH to position it for the future. This is good but I have not been involved enough to make a difference. I feel like I have been left out. I'm not sure if it is on purpose or leadership doesn't understand the value that I can add.
Pros
Great Mission!
Cons
Not positioned to leave the place better than when this generation took over
Fun teamwork culture
Family Centered Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 22, 2018
Enjoyed working with my team and my clients. Very rewarding for me
to make a positive impact in peoples lives. Always a fun atmosphere at work which made me look forward to work every day.
Rewarding and fun place to work
Certified Charge Ophthalmic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 20, 2018
Children's Mercy has been an amazing and welcome change for me. Working with children has been a dream come true and the company itself encourages people to learn and move up within the company. They have tuition reimbursement so that you can further your education. The pay and benefits are great. I can't say enough good things about them!
A fun yet professional work environment full of opportunities for advancement
Training and Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 12, 2018
Patient interaction is inevitable. The surroundings are fun and colorful and great place for kids to feel comfortable and relaxed. Management is knowledgeable and professional. They are fully invested in the success of the hospital as well as their staff. The open door policy encourages free dialog between Management and its staff.

The hardest part of my job is knowing you can't help everyone every time but the best part is when you can help someone and lessen their financial burdens.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Lack of a Management training program
Great place!
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 5, 2018
I loved working at Children's Mercy! I fell in love with the culture and the people. I would recommend this place to anyone! I enjoyed helping the children.
Job security
Budget Manager / Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 4, 2018
Great hospital. Needs more software testing before implementing new hospital programs. Communication within the hospital is the biggest issue in my opinion
Pros
generous vacation
Cons
behind on computer and software updates
Workplace Culture
Medical Informatics and Telemedicine Intern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 21, 2018
As an intern there I worked closely with a lot of departments and they never really treated me as an intern. They also encouraged me to explore the hospital routes to get to to know the place and the people.
Supportive of staff
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2018
I always found CMH to be supportive of staff development. They will most often hire from within to fill open positions. Staff are given the opportunity to gain professional experience and advance.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Salaries lower than other area hospitals
Wonderful place to work
CA/Tech (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 14, 2018
Children's mercy hospital is a great place to work if u love working with kids the staff are great I love working there because u have the chance to work in different departments after working there for 60 are 90 days and that are even willing to pay for yr schooling and that will work around yr school schedule that what I love about it because everybody can't pay for schooling.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not enogh parking space
Good place to work.
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 13, 2018
Children's Mercy is a good place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job being a shuttle driver was communicating with the employees while driving to the hospital.
Great place
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 11, 2018
By far one of the greatest places I've ever worked. Being able to see children leave the hospital after a lengthy stay is the bright part of every day.
Pros
work environment
Cons
working holidays
Overall a good place to work, low pay, good benefits
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 5, 2018
HR should strengthen implementation and monitoring for a culture of civility and zero tolerance policy on work place bullying. It is especially bad in the ambulatory setting. Extreme behavior issues are allowed to foster and are tolerated. I believe they are working to improve this.
Pros
hospital is well respected, ER is amazing, tuition re-imbursement
Cons
bullies are allowed to bully
If You Want to Work Pediatrics-
RN (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 4, 2018
A pediatric HCA- currently catering to staff who will work for 5 years and move on. Focused on appearances not quality of care. Unfortunately the only choice in this area to work with children; to which CMH negatively takes full advantage of this situation. Great place to have the opportunity to care for children and their families but you must be able to find a sense of fulfillment from your work alone in order to be happy here. Staff RNs are just worker bees at CMH and not valued past filling a position. Very little chance for advancement, leadership is comprised of who is friends with who, not based not merit.
Okay place to work
IS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 18, 2018
This is an okay place to work for awhile. The culture is not very good and the management is terrible. The benefits are disappearing fast so multiple people have already left and the rest of us are still looking.
Cons
Benefits are being taken away to save money.
A proven visionary and strategic leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 13, 2018
I really enjoy working for Children's Mercy Hospital, I have been employed with the company for over 25 years. I have learned an lot working here at Children's Mercy Hosptial
Pros
great place to work
Cons
parking space
Fun environment and great people to work with
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 13, 2018
Fun environment and great people to work with. This is a special place to work. People love what they do and it all comes down to the why which is for the kids. Leadership is changing but for the better. People work collaboratively

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Mercy Hospitals & Clinics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight