Children's Mercy Employee Reviews

Worst place I've ever worked
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 15, 2018
I loved my job but the management didn't care about her staff at all. Too many micro managers. Staff is on edge all the time due to management breathing down their backs. Nurses do not have autonomy in this area.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Everything else
Stressful/Backstabbing
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Children’s Met yOctober 9, 2018
Be careful! Management in Patient Access is like dealing with snakes in the grass. If you make a noise and state your complaint, even if professionally stated and well-documented, they will still try to blame you. You will be underpaid, overworked, and under appreciated. Stay FAR away.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
The kids were the most enjoyable part of the job!
Certified Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 4, 2018
l loved it, until management changed; Hired a dozen new techs,went EMR, (Electronic Medical Records) They hired new technicians that were willing to be paid less, however had less experience in this field, while letting go of employee's with much more work experience. This job wasn't a good fit anymore. Had to relocate and travel to several different locations.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
New Management
Good Assignment
Contract RN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 19, 2018
Nursing contract in ICN, floated to PICU quite a bit but I liked it. Would work here again if I had the opportunity. The Kansas City Community is great and the spring, summer, and fall are great!
Difficult to move up within patient access
Access Representative II (Current Employee) –  KansasAugust 16, 2018
Management promotes off of who they are related to and who their favorites are. If you have differing opinions you will be blacklisted. Access representatives are the lowest paid within patient access but are required to do everything every other department in patient access does including collection of copays and previous balances and pre registering patients even though there are separate areas of the department paid more to do those things plus they get to work from home and aren’t yelled at by upset families. The pay is great compared to other hospitals in the area but honestly this place is a mess that’s going down hill fast
I was not employed here
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 13, 2018
I only did my clinicals here but would love to work here. This is not a fair rating because this system Is making me rate a place that I have never been employed.
Child Centered Health Care
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 13, 2015
Childrens Mercy has been serving families in Kansas and Missouri for a long time. I would triage and do all vitals. I would take all health histories and help in minor procedures.
Fun Place to work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 26, 2015
This was by far the best job I've ever had. Being able to work with kids and knowing your job is helping to save their lives is one of the best feeling in the world.
Great place to learn! I loved working with kids.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 24, 2014
I didn't have experience in a hospital setting before working at Children's and the people at Children's were very helpful and made learning easy. If you had a "trouble" area, the preceptors spent extra time with you to make sure you understood and were comfortable. It was very nice knowing that if you needed something your team had your back.
Pros
Fast PTO accural, teamwork