Children's Minnesota Employee Reviews

Clinical Assistant- Casual Call (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 22, 2018
Fast pace working environment in a professional setting. Must be a fast learner. Job advancement opportunities with higher education. Otherwise, a great organization to work for.
Great office with lots of perks - no time to use them
ESC and Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 25, 2018
I met with my manager every 2 weeks (her guidelines for everyone) and explained that I simply had too much to complete within my allotted time. Too many things to do for one person that is not allowed overtime. When I finally left I learned they hired 2 people to replace me. It took burning me out to learn that I was telling the truth. I would have loved to work there forever, honestly. But I strive for success in everything I do and all they did was set me up to fail.
Pros
Strong advocacy for the patients
Cons
Won't take action for employees until it's too late
Love the Kids, hate the management
RN (Former Employee) –  MplsJanuary 14, 2018
Management is constantly turning over. There is very little support to the staff that is actually taking care of patients. There is a huge emphasis on the bottom line.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Poor management
Fun place to work
Interim Director of Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 28, 2017
Lots of great people-marvelous care for children. Wonderful mission-progressive and growing. Growing in education and research. Great collaboration among clinical and support departments.
Great position for a nursing student
UNIT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN-CVICU (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 16, 2017
As a tele tech/unit support tech there was a lot of room to learn while going to nursing school. The schedule isn't as flexiblie as school requires but management works with you to the best of their ability!
Pros
room to learn
Cons
lack of flexibility
Depending on where you work and who your supervisor is really makes a difference on what experience you will have at CHC.
Administrative Assistant Sr (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 12, 2017
Lots of cut backs and lay offs this year. Never sure who will be next. Some managers treat there staff very well and others not so well. Major upper management turnover which seems to continue. Employees do our own garabage and no one vaccums in the business office, part of the reduction of costs. Not as enjoyable as it was in past. Previous management seemed more sincere and concerned with emplyees welfare. Intense work environment with minimal time for down time with co-workers.
Pros
Good pay but you work for it
Cons
Management, lay-offs, disconnect between management and employees
We know children here
Staff Nurse- Float Team and Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 28, 2017
I enjoy my coworkers here. They, along with management, empower me to provide the best care possible for patients. The work day is also different with acting as a patient advocate being the one constant. Sure, there are hard days but coworkers and management are supportive.
High Stress, very understaffed
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 21, 2017
Respiratory dept. Is always very understaffed to an unsafe level. High turnover due to this and the extensive information and number of departments needed to train in. Poor training. Often felt I am put in unsafe situations with lack of staffing. Great employees though. It is a shame they cannot ever be staffed well enough. You can make the same amount of money and similar benefits anywhere else however the knowledge you do obtain with children is fantastic.
Pros
Staff, working with kids
Cons
Dangerously understaffed, extremely stressful, unappreciated
An Organization in Transition
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 10, 2017
Children's Minnesota is a fast-paced pediatric healthcare organizaiton that is growing while facing many changes in the healthcare landscape including the ACA and how that impacts business. There has been a lot of senior leadership turnover in the past five years, which changes the culture of the organization - not for better or worse - but forces individuals to be receptive to ongoing change.
Pros
Doing good work for kids and families in need.
Cons
Unstable outcomes due to leadership changes
Passionate workforce focused on kids
ASSISTANT CLINIC MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 8, 2017
Collaborative work environment with passionate providers serving medical needs of children. Most enjoyable part of the job is creating environments that children are comfortable in receiving care.
Pros
Passionate workforce
Cons
slow advancement

Want to know more about Children's Minnesota?

Ask a question
loved the kids, management is terrible.
RN (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 4, 2017
The work as a nurse is always changing and challenging. The co-workers are supportive, but can be very cut-throat as well. Management is terrible, not supportive, not available and very much working for the company not their employees. Many times I would not get a break in an 8-12 hour period. We were only allowed to staff so many nurses for so many patients, acuity not was taken into consideration. I loved working with the kids.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
many
I Loved working Here.
Environmental Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 31, 2017
Children's was a wonderful place to work. The nursing staff are really nice. The Environmental Services supervisors are good to work with. Overall it was an enjoyable experience. the only reason that I left was to pursue my college degree.
Intern
Biomedical Equipment Technician, Internship (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 25, 2017
I gave it lower compensation and job security scores because I was an unpaid intern. I hads a really great experience at Children's. They have a good group of BMETs, and I would have been happy to have gotten a job there.
Wow!
Unit Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 1, 2017
Children's Minnesota is an amazing company to work for! The care they strive to provide to children and their families exceeds all expectations! The culture is great and the pace of a typical day changes constantly.
Employee are great
Material Management (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 24, 2017
Incoming and Outgoing packages. Inventory, Stock, Customer Service Montering Cameras. Clean work station order Supplies. Ability to navigate a Microsoft Windows computer program. Reliable, Good memory and able to work accurately with lengthy part numbers. Ability to follow directions and safe operating procedures.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Employment with a Heart!
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 14, 2017
Children's has a wonderful mission - great healthcare for kids! The innovation department has been a great place to experience the innovation process.
Can be a rewarding place to work.
Unit Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 26, 2017
Working at Children's Hospital can be a rewarding experience. As a unit secretary you meet and help several different people in different roles at the hospital. It can be challenging, however, when dealing with coworkers and people with different medical skill levels.
Pros
Excellent benefits for part time employees.
Cons
There is a definite feeling of hierarchy.
Collaborative place to work
Director, Research and Sponsored Programs (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 14, 2017
Great mission. Wonderful employees. Standard of care is excellent. Very thin margins. Needs to expand payer mix and find ways to support research. Needs an academic partner.
Pros
Great mission
Cons
Benefits not that good. Weak :Payer Mix
na
Supervisor Surgical Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJanuary 26, 2017
Very patient centered organization. However, there is much improvement that can be made with standard work and organization across the campus'.
Lead Corporate Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJanuary 11, 2017
The best part of the job was working to keep children healthy. My work was steady and challenging and had good people to work with. Only left the job because of the office relocation, which may be a great location for others.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Work location - office relocated far from my home in 2016

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Minnesota. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight