Children's National Hospital
70Above average

Children's National Hospital Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA55 reviews
Wonderful hospital setting, great team work, amazing families and kids!
Loved working for Children's Hospital. Hem/Onc department was very close where I was able to see the same families a lot and establish great relationships.
Stay Away from this hospital
Management is the worst! HR should be leading by example. Instead it is filled with family and friends and people who the Chief People Officer likes personally, not based on work performance.
Internship Experience
I'm here solely on internship for school but I can honestly say, I would love to work here in the near future. There is a variety of things you could do; you can always learn a new skill; networking is best way to step out your comfort zone.
Great Place to Work
I love working for the company but need more pay, friendly staff and management.
Every job has its everyday issues but nothing unbearable

Benefits are great
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Doesn't live up to their core values
No room for growth or new ideas. Upper Management doesn't care about employees, and your leads and direct supervisors are unethical and unprofessional
Official response from Children's National Hospital
December 2, 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to provide your honest feedback. We’d like to ensure that the appropriate person responds to your needs and addresses your experience. Please email socialmedia@childrensnational.org with your contact info and any details you are willing to share. Thank you.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Temp
I was doing a temp assignment thru Randstad It was a good experience Working for Childrens
I got lot of experience working and the team was great.

I cannot wait to get a permanent job thiere
Official response from Children's National Hospital
November 19, 2019
Thank you so much for this review. We're happy that you had such a positive experience working here, and are considering another position with us!
Scheduler
The work became very stressful and management picked which employees they liked more. Some could do what others couldn't. They gossip about everyone.
Please Don’t!!!
They make your job very hard and then once you decide to leave they will make sure that you can’t file unemployment. Beeare they are savages. Especially the call center the director is a scam and so is the managers
Pros
Pto
Cons
Stressful, managers will check in bathroom stalls just too see if you really using the restroom
Great company to work for
The best organization that I have worked for! Been there for almost 3 years. Great compensation and benefits. My goal is to retire from this wonderful organization
Management Sucks
Management encourage you to be honest with them about the work environment and what they can improve on. But when you do you are targeted and fired. I would not recommend anyone to work in the department where I work.
Pros
My fellow Co Workers
lack of committment
I strived to demonstrate commitment to my coworkers and patients. Treated everyone the way I would like to be treated as a coworker or potential patient. The hardest part of the job was the emotional toll due to misunderstanding of the intent. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to help.
To make a difference in every child's life is Emotionally rewarding
I have always love the pediatrics, so for me getting up every morning to go to work is exiting. To make a difference in the patients and families on the daily basis is a blessin.
Stress
Working as a contractor has allowed me to view CNMC first hand. I worked in several different departments with the same results in each department. Stress with an unpleasant attitudes towards management and one another. People that are supposed to train you have a bad attitude and want to see you fail. Even the actual off site training that they send you to the trainer was extremely difficult and rude she did not want to help or answer questions. If you did not pass the test they would terminate you on the spot. Managers show favoritism to certain individuals. The managers are aware of the nasty interactions that are directed towards new employees and they never address their actions. This has happened on several occasion in several different departments (This seems to be the culture at CNMC). I could understand it better in maybe one department but I have worked in several and each one the leads, nurse, etc. have been rude and nasty and anything but helpful and management is aware. Oh!!! Their IT Department is the "WORST"
Pros
The Children
Cons
Bad Management, attitudes, pay, jealous coworkers and management, lack of training
Children's National Medical Center
The biggest issue is salary and time off benefits at CNMC.

The salary was way too low starting out. In order to get more money, you have to leave the organization and work somewhere for a little while. Once you apply and come back to CNMC, you often make a much better salary.
Learning opportunities, good team
Had a very good team to work with and the management was very understanding. Had wonderful opportunities to learn new technology and apply the known one.
Consider twice if you want to work here!
My position ( Call Center Operator) was challenging due to the quota,no breaks in between calls and the incompetence of a supervisor. However, helping the parents get a visit for their ill child or children was rewarding and hearing the smile over the phone of the parent being please with my expertise. They have a high turnover due to the Director nasty bias ways. Employees are underpaid!
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Not being able to use your leave if someone in your pod is already off.
Nice Workplace
Working at Children but there are no benefit since I am part time. The pay is great and there's room for improvement. Management is ok but not too professional.
Pros
good pay/nice people
Cons
manager not too good/ very fast environement
Stressful
The job in itself is not hard at all. Management lacks competency and fairness. This is a very unorganized company. The company culture is absolute trash and I’ve never worked for such a horrible set of people in my life.
Better Management
Need manager that understand people have personal things that happens outside of Children's. Over time maybe things will get better but at the stage were I am in life and in m career it time to look for something else. My person health come before a job.
Rewarding Place to Build a Career
Excellent place to gain experience and build your career. Rewarding work with great opportunity for advancement if you have the right attitude and are willing to work hard.
Great place to work with good benefits also. I hope one day I can go back there either as an employee or as a volunteer.ot an advisor. I will also be too happy to recommend others to work there.it is also a good provider of medical care for our children.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's National Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight