Children's Specialized Hospital Employee Reviews

Promised a lot that wasn't delivered on
Speech-Language Pathologist- Early Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJOctober 24, 2018
When I started, I was promised opportunities for career growth as well as opportunities to make extra money with the "abundance of kids I will have." There is minimal opportunities for growth, and any observation or classes do not count towards our volume report. The volume report is the most important and you must hit 100% of your target for the year otherwise you will be put on job performance review. However, management is disorganized and does not get kids when you ask for them, therefore resulting in low volume. If you are low on your hours, even if you do not have the children that comes from upper management, it is still your fault and responsibility to make up those hours. You get paid vacation days, but the number of billable hours for that day do not count towards volume so taking vacation or sick days is stressful. Depending on the office, management is disorganized and overwhelmed with work. Emails are often half-answered or very often answered in a borderline rude manner depending on the manager's mood. There are clearly favorites who are not given a hard time, whereas everyone else often needs to defend their actions and/or given a hard time when conversing. Everyday I dread opening my email for the fear of what my boss might have to say. I used to enjoy my job but lately I have no motivation to get up and go to work for this company.
Cons
poor management, stressful
No room for improvement
Register Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mountainside, NJAugust 31, 2018
Nothing to say about it, this place is not what it used to be 7 years ago. Is longer about patient care is more about corporate.................................................
great company,horrible management
Patient Accounting Representative / IV&A (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 28, 2018
very hostile work environment. horrible management. disrespectful to employees. very emotionally draining company.no support for employees. ***NOT*** an open door policy as stated. hr never responds to employees issue's or concerns. Management has no respect for hourly employees in the somerset location. employees are advised the not to even speak to each other
Pros
great company ( love the job)
Discouraging place to work
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 10, 2018
Extremely boring shifts, constantly performing the same tasks over and over again. I loved the children but there was no room to advance in your career. Management was not supportive. The Manager had specific favorites and it was obvious. Belittled and spoke down to certain people. I would rather be unemployed than work here again.
Pros
The children, salary
Cons
Environment, Managers
Meaningful work
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 9, 2018
CSH is a wonderful facility that does incredible work for it patients and their families. It was wonderful to be able to be part of a team that brought sick and injured children improvements to their lives.
Amazing place to work
Health Safety and Play Education Intern (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 20, 2018
Simply an amazing and moving place to work. Helps you learn about yourself and also gives you a professional push to be a better person and employee. This place is filled with tremendous people who will help you become a better more well rounded person
Good work environment
Therapist (Former Employee) –  NJJanuary 29, 2018
Well run hospital. Friendly staff and therapists. Large therapy departments- great for learning from others and if you are a new therapist. Very good pay.
Children's Specialized
Recreation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 23, 2018
Poor management but love the kids. Very political work setting with minimal opportunities to advance. Easy burn out and managers who are unwilling to work with your schedule.
Housekeeping
Environmental Maintenance Associate (Former Employee) –  Mountainside, NJDecember 26, 2017
My days on the job was good my co-workers within housekeep weren’t all bad my supervisor he was kool understanding but the people out side my department was alright, nice place to work if you Keep to yourself.
Pros
Diverse place to work
Cons
Low pay
daily work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Mountainside, NJDecember 19, 2017
a lot of work and no support, micromanaged at all times, rapid pace with no help, no flexibility, unprofessional work place and they treat you better based on your time frame of woring
Awesome place to see kids grow, learn and heal
Physical Therapist Assistant - Orthotics Tech (Former Employee) –  Mountainside, NJDecember 19, 2017
CSH was an amazing place to improve the lives of children from birth to 21 years of age. The therapists (all disciplines) were not only extremely knowledgeable, they were confident and willing to work with new grads to ensure growth.
Pros
Great staff, collaberation and fun work environment
Cons
Management pushes for productivity
Security Officer
Administative Security (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJNovember 26, 2017
As a Security Officer good Salary but no advancement. Supervisors very easy to get along with. Hours are short during the week days but travel is a must. Reliable transportation is needed.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No Advancement
Special Educator (Current Employee) –  Roselle Park, NJNovember 16, 2017
I work for Early Intervention through Children's Specialized Hospital and it is a great place to work. The staff is nice, schedule is flexible and they have great benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Lots of traveling
Flexible yet quick paced
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fanwood, NJNovember 3, 2017
Great place to work at if you have a family and need flexibility. Lack of career advancement. Enjoyed my 5 and 1/2 years working there, great people, great benefits!
Pros
flexible, fun, good salary
Cons
lack of room for career advancement
great work atmosphere
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJOctober 29, 2017
everyone treated the children wonderful, worked together as a team, management is always willing to help. nurses were usually always willing to come in to fill a shift when needed, I would have to say the hardest part of the job was to sit with the sick kids, usually with no families or family restrictions. I do have to say watching the nurses and cna's secretary's,management, dietary, DCP&P, housekeeping, therapy services interact with the children is very heart warming. it takes a special type of person to be so kind harted
Average Place to Work
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 10, 2017
Not a great place to work, if you are looking for the whole package.

If you are looking to work to help kids improve their quality of lives, it's a good place to work.

Management was so-so.

Moral was average.

Benefits are good.
Far to many changes in company policy.
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 5, 2017
Many changes are constantly made, without time enough for them to be implemented properly. Inconsistent leadership. The compensation is good. However, the work/life balance leaves a lot to be desired.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work/life balance
Working at the hospital has been the best time of my life.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Mountainside, NJSeptember 6, 2017
I started at the hospital as a dietary-aid,I worked that position for three years.Then i was trained to become cook, i have being cooking
there every since.
Much to learn
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJAugust 1, 2017
I loved working as a scribe at CSH. There was so much I learned while I was there. The doctors were great resources and the children were incredible. If I could have I would have stayed.
Pros
Great people to work with. Great atmosphere. You learned much about neurodevelopment.
Cons
Due to scheduling sometimes it was hard to get a break.
Nice and a good welcoming environment
Volunteer in the PT department (Current Employee) –  Mountainside, NJJuly 9, 2017
A great place that will give good support to children with all kinds of possible treatments. The volunteering experience was great and I was able to observe many kids.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Specialized Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about