Children's Specialized Hospital Employee Reviews

Mission-based company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Mountainside, NJNovember 28, 2018
If you are looking for somewhere to work where the mission drives the company, this is a place to be. We work every day for our kids and hire for our kids.
Pros
Mission
Cons
Compensation
Discouraging place to work
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 10, 2018
Extremely boring shifts, constantly performing the same tasks over and over again. I loved the children but there was no room to advance in your career. Management was not supportive. The Manager had specific favorites and it was obvious. Belittled and spoke down to certain people. I would rather be unemployed than work here again.
Pros
The children, salary
Cons
Environment, Managers
Promised a lot that wasn't delivered on
Speech-Language Pathologist- Early Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJOctober 24, 2018
When I started, I was promised opportunities for career growth as well as opportunities to make extra money with the "abundance of kids I will have." There is minimal opportunities for growth, and any observation or classes do not count towards our volume report. The volume report is the most important and you must hit 100% of your target for the year otherwise you will be put on job performance review. However, management is disorganized and does not get kids when you ask for them, therefore resulting in low volume. If you are low on your hours, even if you do not have the children that comes from upper management, it is still your fault and responsibility to make up those hours. You get paid vacation days, but the number of billable hours for that day do not count towards volume so taking vacation or sick days is stressful. Depending on the office, management is disorganized and overwhelmed with work. Emails are often half-answered or very often answered in a borderline rude manner depending on the manager's mood. There are clearly favorites who are not given a hard time, whereas everyone else often needs to defend their actions and/or given a hard time when conversing. Everyday I dread opening my email for the fear of what my boss might have to say. I used to enjoy my job but lately I have no motivation to get up and go to work for this company.
Cons
poor management, stressful
great company,horrible management
Patient Accounting Representative / IV&A (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 28, 2018
very hostile work environment. horrible management. disrespectful to employees. very emotionally draining company.no support for employees. ***NOT*** an open door policy as stated. hr never responds to employees issue's or concerns. Management has no respect for hourly employees in the somerset location. employees are advised the not to even speak to each other
Pros
great company ( love the job)
Interactive space for children to both improve and have fun with a relaxed environment.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJanuary 2, 2019
As a volunteer, my experience was inclusive & informative with countless opportunities to gain knowledge. Just wish it was easier to coordinate hours.
Pros
Relaxed environment, educated professionals willing to help.
Cons
Difficult to get in touch with, takes months to obtain a spot, even if they don't have volunteers.
Security Officer
Administative Security (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJNovember 26, 2017
As a Security Officer good Salary but no advancement. Supervisors very easy to get along with. Hours are short during the week days but travel is a must. Reliable transportation is needed.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No Advancement
Flexible yet quick paced
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fanwood, NJNovember 3, 2017
Great place to work at if you have a family and need flexibility. Lack of career advancement. Enjoyed my 5 and 1/2 years working there, great people, great benefits!
Pros
flexible, fun, good salary
Cons
lack of room for career advancement
Far to many changes in company policy.
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 5, 2017
Many changes are constantly made, without time enough for them to be implemented properly. Inconsistent leadership. The compensation is good. However, the work/life balance leaves a lot to be desired.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work/life balance
Great Place
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 4, 2017
Greeting patients and their families. Provide daily support after patients long day of rehabilitation. I've learned about the comprehensive rehab plans required for patients in various programs at out in-patient facility. Management is helpful and resourceful. Hardest part of the job is not being able to take away the pain children are experiencing and lose of a patient. The most enjoyable part of my day is providing emotional support through listening and providing activities that allow patients to focus on other tasks.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
No Benefits for part time employees
Great and fulfiling place to work
Asst to VP & Dir HR/HR Assoc (Former Employee) –  Mountainside, NJJuly 19, 2013
Children's Specialized Hospital is a rehabilitative hospital for children from ages birth to 21. Working there gives you a huge amount of gratitude for your efforts. Working in HR afforded me the opportunity to meet many persons from all walks of life. It also afforded many opportunities for learning and advancement in many different skills. Overall it is a pleasant place with nice coworkers to work together. Many of the employee recognition programs were interesting to plan and implement and brought satisfaction to each employee. The hardest part of this and many jobs, because of the fast pace in business, time is always the hardest part of the job.
Pros
satisfaction that you employment helps others
Cons
not enough consideraton for employee travel during inclement weather conditions, because company was non profit, raises were not often.

Want to know more about Children's Specialized Hospital?

Ask a question
Special Educator (Current Employee) –  Roselle Park, NJNovember 16, 2017
I work for Early Intervention through Children's Specialized Hospital and it is a great place to work. The staff is nice, schedule is flexible and they have great benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Lots of traveling
Average Place to Work
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 10, 2017
Not a great place to work, if you are looking for the whole package.

If you are looking to work to help kids improve their quality of lives, it's a good place to work.

Management was so-so.

Moral was average.

Benefits are good.
No room for improvement
Register Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mountainside, NJAugust 31, 2018
Nothing to say about it, this place is not what it used to be 7 years ago. Is longer about patient care is more about corporate.................................................
High Turnover, Top-heavy Management
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 27, 2017
The culture here is clearly one where they do not invest in their service employees. It is like a revolving door for clinicians with high productivity demands, limited raises, & unattainable employee review standards. Management is top heavy with too many cooks in the kitchen at times. The clients are wonderful to work with but the overall employee morale stinks.
Family oriented place to work.
Manager of Patient Access Services (Current Employee) –  Mountainside, NJJuly 9, 2015
What we do means more to me than the job itself. We serve thousands of kids each year and help the reach their full potential after some traumatic experiences. The CEO is approachable and I admire her as a woman.
Pros
the mentorship i am able to provide to staff
Cons
salary
Meaningful work
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 9, 2018
CSH is a wonderful facility that does incredible work for it patients and their families. It was wonderful to be able to be part of a team that brought sick and injured children improvements to their lives.
Awesome place to see kids grow, learn and heal
Physical Therapist Assistant - Orthotics Tech (Former Employee) –  Mountainside, NJDecember 19, 2017
CSH was an amazing place to improve the lives of children from birth to 21 years of age. The therapists (all disciplines) were not only extremely knowledgeable, they were confident and willing to work with new grads to ensure growth.
Pros
Great staff, collaberation and fun work environment
Cons
Management pushes for productivity
great work atmosphere
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJOctober 29, 2017
everyone treated the children wonderful, worked together as a team, management is always willing to help. nurses were usually always willing to come in to fill a shift when needed, I would have to say the hardest part of the job was to sit with the sick kids, usually with no families or family restrictions. I do have to say watching the nurses and cna's secretary's,management, dietary, DCP&P, housekeeping, therapy services interact with the children is very heart warming. it takes a special type of person to be so kind harted
Amazing place to work
Health Safety and Play Education Intern (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 20, 2018
Simply an amazing and moving place to work. Helps you learn about yourself and also gives you a professional push to be a better person and employee. This place is filled with tremendous people who will help you become a better more well rounded person
Children's Specialized
Recreation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 23, 2018
Poor management but love the kids. Very political work setting with minimal opportunities to advance. Easy burn out and managers who are unwilling to work with your schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Specialized Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.