Children's Village Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
The only good thing is the kids
Direct Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJune 19, 2018
I loved working with the children and helping them as did all of my coworkers but that is the only positive thing about working here. The work drama and overt favoritism of employees is appalling. Had to leave because I expected the drama from the children I was caring for but not from management and the company itself. Ultimately it created a chaotic work environment that impacted the children negatively.
Children"s village is a good place to work, and obtain experience.
Intensive Family Reunification Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMay 25, 2018
Good management team.
Supervision is always scheduled and conducted.
Team meetings are well organized
Good work ethic
Good team support
Good time off.
Pros
Deoartmentsl recognition
Cons
Onlybif you make cons
Difficult but rewarding work place
Salmon Creek Teacher's Aid (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 21, 2018
The job was very difficult in that you had long hours, working with many children, in a small space and not able to get compensated that well for how much energy you put into this job. It is rewarding because it is a blessing to watch the children grow up.
Pros
Free lunch and flexible schedule
Cons
Strenuous
not a good place to work
Transitions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMay 21, 2018
had a hard time there, supervisor made it impossible for growth. coworkers were telling on each other. clients were difficult to handle but the staff is more difficult to deal with.
Good working environment
Parent Advocate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2018
A typical day for me is searching for resources to assist the families, refer families to services. Conduct home visit, conduct parent support group. The organization is a big one. You have opportunity to grow in the organization.
Pros
great co workers, great trainings
Cons
strict supervisor, no communication
Fun work place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 16, 2018
Was one of my favorite jobs. The management was great the co-workers were great. I truly loved this job it was a very rewarding position. The kids were also great.
Loved the kids but managers and employees play favoritism
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 23, 2018
Never had problems with the youth but the supervisors and higher ups do not play fair and have there favorites. The gossip between all the employees is incredible, feels like high school only with adults.
School productivity and recreational activities
Office Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 14, 2018
After school I go to my managers office and sign in for work. Then I help my manager file papers and organize activities for the youth to participate in throughout the recreational period. Its mostly minorities that tend to be included in the recreational activities so there is a lot of sports related activities and puzzles and video game tournaments.
Pros
Win prizes, pizza parties, etc.
Not an enjoyable experience
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 2, 2018
My experience at children's village was difficult it took a few years to learn how poorly run the facility was and how badly the children were being abused physically and emotionally in their live-in cottages.

I hesitate writing this review about a former employee, but after leaving this position, there were several news reports about the abuse suffered by these kids by the adults running the live-in cottages.
Pros
Gaining the trust of the emotionally disturbed students.
Cons
Lack of leadership by the administration.
Children's Village
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 26, 2018
A typical day at Children's Village was coming to work and taking the kids out to play if the weather was nice. Then we would come back from the park and get the kids ready for lunch after lunch there would be nap time for about two hours. When the kids woke up from nap we would have snack and then free choice where the kids could play and wait to get picked up from their parents.
Cons
limited parking
Productive and Learning Environment
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMarch 15, 2018
managing youths that are in care
teaching the youths basic life skills
helping youths with homework
taking youths on trips
attending meetings
attending required trainings
Enjoy dealing with most youth. Very hostile environment
Residential Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dobbs FerryMarch 10, 2018
Youth very violent and disrespectful, little to no support. Youths are allowed to put hands on you with No consequences. No help from the Directors, The youths run the campus
Ok
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYFebruary 12, 2018
Pros:
Great Training
Looks great on resume
Advancement opportunities
I had some great co-workers

Cons:
Low Pay
Over Worked
Gossip Gossip Gossip
Not enough support
ALOT of paperwork! Not enough therapy

If you can work here you can work anywhere!
I love the kids.
Co-Teacher (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 12, 2018
I love it when it is time for music and movement. It is very enjoyable when we get to do our nature walks.
Hard part of the day is calming the students when they are getting dropped off, because once one child cries another will start.
Very cool school
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJanuary 28, 2018
All boys school. Very competitive. Only problem is it's kind of far to travel to and from everyday. Other than that, it's laid back. Kids respect you and your job
A learning Experience
Shift supervisor/ teachers aide/ driver (Current Employee) –  Burton RoadJanuary 25, 2018
With my 2 year employment at Children's Village I learned a lot as a parent and a person. While working I realized there was no advancement. So I searched for employment else where.
N/a
Emergency Staff (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJanuary 23, 2018
Emergency Staff: Supervised residents to ensure their safety; served meals for the residents, accompanied residents on shopping trips, instructed and counseled residents, and aided staff in administering therapeutic activities.
culture
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 14, 2018
Its is high in stress at this Job. What I will say is that management will work with you in your professional growth here and its room for growth. The staff culture is torn with gossip and rumors and lack of communication. The staff act like the last crab in the barrel syndrome which adds on the stress.
Pros
willing to work with staff needs
Cons
last crab in the barrel feel
FCAP Specialist
Family Court Assistance Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYDecember 27, 2017
The Children's Village overall as a company is good on training so can take it with you to any other job. the pay isn't competitive at all! You have to work overtime to manage your home life. The company has low moral. Your better off getting a year worth of experience there and move on quickly.
Pros
training
Cons
cut throat, non supportive, salary, watch your back!
Best job
Dobbsferry NY Youth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYDecember 14, 2017
Amazing work environment, great staff and supervisor. Amazing time working with the kids . Build a bond with staff and kids . Hearing about the kids background and how they made it to where they are at .. and finally watching them go home with their family.
Pros
Working with the kids
Cons
N/a