Children of America Employee Reviews

Great Company
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WISeptember 19, 2018
COA helps further you education and supports their staff. I have worked for the company for 6 years and in that time COA has supported me with furthering my education and I have been able to advance within the company.
Pros
Great Company to work for
Cons
Can't think of any
Pros and cons
Teacher (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WISeptember 6, 2018
It is some hard workers there and some ability to grow there over all the children are awesome teachers are OK and the atmosphere can be better the building is nice and a great location surrounding by shopping and stores
good place to work for
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Former Employee) –  Stony Point, NYSeptember 5, 2018
kids from the ages of 6 months to 12 years old. Fun place to work at. Had no problem with managers. Had some problems with parents, but that is to be expected.
Pros
fun
Cons
healthcare
slow paced, self contained classrooms
Preschool / Pre-K Teacher (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WI 53051August 30, 2018
The teachers are expected to run their classroom according to Children Of America policies. Children are guided through redirection. Cooperation between teachers is sparse.
Pros
Great parent relations
Cons
Lack of teacher cooperation
Awesome Company
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIAugust 29, 2018
Coming to COA to work has been the best thing I have ever done employment wise. They have helped and supported to me achive a quality education and advance my career with in the company. Upper managment is super supportive.
Pros
The constant support
Cons
Can't think of any
Good Place to Work, but not organized at all.
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2018
I find it wonderful that you are welcomed with open arms at this establishment. That being said, there are some issues I have seen. There are not enough teachers to cover the roles they provide. Lack of common knowledge amongst front staff is a problem. There needs to be a better system in place. The company itself needs to do away with any drop-in care. It is not fair to the child nor the staff. On a more positive note, they are very accommodating, but do not expect stability in your schedule. This is problematic, but so is every child care establishment, which I understand. I feel if all staff were on the same page and there was a little more organization, this establishment would be unstoppable! Plus the kids are super sweet and willing to learn.
Pros
Welcoming Staff, Experienced Teachers
Cons
Unorganized
Worst Place to Work !
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAAugust 27, 2018
I was hired as an assistant director. I was made to travel to another center two hours from my home two to three times a week. I was not reimbursed for gas until three months later when I quit. The director talks trash about everyone behind their backs and pretends they are friends to their face. The regional didector is just as bad. Managment is do what I say not what I do. Horrible way to run a company even from corporate. They are rude and not helpful at all.
Pros
Zero
Cons
I left the company.
Children of America
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIAugust 24, 2018
Children of America was a great place to work for. The staff was great. They helped me feel welcome and found my way when i was knew. I never felt left out during lunches or during conversations walking around the playground.

The management at first was great. She was supportive, communicative, personable and would supply the teacher with the supplies that were need for the pre-planned curriculum. When she was let go, the new management was terrible. We all understood a tighter tug on the budget, but their was no reason to keep the office door closed, blinds shut and when she did look in it was literally peering through a cracked blind or door. She would make appointments with her employees instead of just having a conversations on the spot to check in.
Pros
working with children, creativity
Cons
lack of staff, curricullum
Horrible Company To Work For
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, PAAugust 20, 2018
Everything about this place is horrible! My biggest issue about this place is administration. They racist . It’s nothing but a bunch of black teachers that they don’t care about! I really feel like I’m back in slavery picking cotton for the white folks!
Employees are a small family
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Smithtown, NYAugust 15, 2018
I loved walking in to be greeted by a gang of two year olds everyday. I was able to put the things i learned in child care courses to practice and although some of my coworkers had negative attitudes it didn't take away from the coworkers that brought joy and positive energy to the COA culture.
Pros
Free food.
Terrible
Teacher (Current Employee) –  NJAugust 13, 2018
Terrible, everything about it is terrible. The hours, the pay. Just terrible. Should only be a temporary job at best. Terrible, terrible. Terrible...
Director (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAAugust 11, 2018
I have been at Children of America for 2 years now. I have been given opportunities to grow I the company and expand my education. My hours fluctuate depending on the needs of the center but that’s to be expected. The new roll out of PEEEPS and URGE has benefited my center a ton and I see it benefiting others as well.
Pros
Flexibility and advancement
Cons
Communication at times and the benefits package
productive, fun and safe environment for children.
Teacher/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 10, 2018
I care for a child’s basic needs, like food and personal hygiene, and may help with homework for older children.
organize each child’s schedule around a series of structured activities. This is to ensure each child gets enough play and rest.
Pros
seeing the children develope at different stages of life.
Great work place
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIAugust 9, 2018
I would highly recommend someone to work at Children of America. I walk into the building excited for my work day. I get along greatly with all of my co workers and the management team.
Fast Pace Childcare
Director (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIAugust 9, 2018
Children of America is a fast past childcare. When I started here 8 years ago we had a good curriculum now they have added in so many important components that make everything great. The staff in each classroom get to be teachers by designing lessons plans, creating a classroom atmosphere that is both loving and educational and so much more. Children of America is always looking to get better and offer more to our families and staff that they serve.

The company itself is always improving and growing because just like me they strive to be the best they can and I like working for a company who works just as hard as I do.
Awesome company to work for
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIAugust 9, 2018
I have been with the company for almost 6 years.
Children of America is by far the best company that I have ever worked for.
Since joining the Children of America team and their partnership with the T.E.A.C.H program, I have been able to further my education and advance my career within the company.
The staff at the Oak Creek center are all very nice and easy to work with. Management from Capital Campus to the management at the center are easy to work with and make working for the company a great experience.
We offer a video service to any families to use and we have digital daily sheets where parents even have the ability to email back any questions or comments. Honestly, I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, Great company to work for, Support of upper management and Staff
Cons
Can not think of any
Fast pace working environment
Director (Current Employee) –  S.ElginAugust 9, 2018
If you love working with children and enjoy a fast pace, energetic environment COA is for you! COA is always looking for ways to improve their business and help maintain a low staff turnover rate by offering more training's and support where needed!
Fun but needs healthier foods
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, vaAugust 8, 2018
Needs healthier foods and better educated teachers. Many children who walk through those doors have come from stressed out families and need to learn about the importance of a relaxed learning center. COA has the look but not the quality that could really change this country.
Great place to start
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDAugust 4, 2018
Children of America was a jobI worked while I was in college. It provided me enough flexibility and money to get through school successfully and make some great friends along the way.
I enjoy working with the team of workers we cured have.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 2, 2018
I love working @ Children of America but I just feel I do not get paid enough for all that I do. I enjoy working with children of all ages. I have a passion for children and I love to see them learn and grow.
Pros
Meet different families from different backgrounds.
Cons
If you work overtime they make you take a longer break to take away your overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight