Children of America Employee Reviews

Employees are a small family
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Smithtown, NYAugust 15, 2018
I loved walking in to be greeted by a gang of two year olds everyday. I was able to put the things i learned in child care courses to practice and although some of my coworkers had negative attitudes it didn't take away from the coworkers that brought joy and positive energy to the COA culture.
Pros
Free food.
Terrible
Teacher (Current Employee) –  NJAugust 13, 2018
Terrible, everything about it is terrible. The hours, the pay. Just terrible. Should only be a temporary job at best. Terrible, terrible. Terrible...
Director (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAAugust 11, 2018
I have been at Children of America for 2 years now. I have been given opportunities to grow I the company and expand my education. My hours fluctuate depending on the needs of the center but that’s to be expected. The new roll out of PEEEPS and URGE has benefited my center a ton and I see it benefiting others as well.
Pros
Flexibility and advancement
Cons
Communication at times and the benefits package
productive, fun and safe environment for children.
Teacher/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 10, 2018
I care for a child’s basic needs, like food and personal hygiene, and may help with homework for older children.
organize each child’s schedule around a series of structured activities. This is to ensure each child gets enough play and rest.
Pros
seeing the children develope at different stages of life.
Great work place
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIAugust 9, 2018
I would highly recommend someone to work at Children of America. I walk into the building excited for my work day. I get along greatly with all of my co workers and the management team.
Fast Pace Childcare
Director (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIAugust 9, 2018
Children of America is a fast past childcare. When I started here 8 years ago we had a good curriculum now they have added in so many important components that make everything great. The staff in each classroom get to be teachers by designing lessons plans, creating a classroom atmosphere that is both loving and educational and so much more. Children of America is always looking to get better and offer more to our families and staff that they serve.

The company itself is always improving and growing because just like me they strive to be the best they can and I like working for a company who works just as hard as I do.
Awesome company to work for
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIAugust 9, 2018
I have been with the company for almost 6 years.
Children of America is by far the best company that I have ever worked for.
Since joining the Children of America team and their partnership with the T.E.A.C.H program, I have been able to further my education and advance my career within the company.
The staff at the Oak Creek center are all very nice and easy to work with. Management from Capital Campus to the management at the center are easy to work with and make working for the company a great experience.
We offer a video service to any families to use and we have digital daily sheets where parents even have the ability to email back any questions or comments. Honestly, I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, Great company to work for, Support of upper management and Staff
Cons
Can not think of any
Fast pace working environment
Director (Current Employee) –  S.ElginAugust 9, 2018
If you love working with children and enjoy a fast pace, energetic environment COA is for you! COA is always looking for ways to improve their business and help maintain a low staff turnover rate by offering more training's and support where needed!
Fun but needs healthier foods
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, vaAugust 8, 2018
Needs healthier foods and better educated teachers. Many children who walk through those doors have come from stressed out families and need to learn about the importance of a relaxed learning center. COA has the look but not the quality that could really change this country.
Great place to start
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDAugust 4, 2018
Children of America was a jobI worked while I was in college. It provided me enough flexibility and money to get through school successfully and make some great friends along the way.
I enjoy working with the team of workers we cured have.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 2, 2018
I love working @ Children of America but I just feel I do not get paid enough for all that I do. I enjoy working with children of all ages. I have a passion for children and I love to see them learn and grow.
Pros
Meet different families from different backgrounds.
Cons
If you work overtime they make you take a longer break to take away your overtime
Friendly work environment
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Trappe, PAJuly 30, 2018
Manager's were always there to listen when having a bad day. Can be stressful working with a lot of children, but helpful to have coworkers. Sometimes worked overtime.
Pros
One hour work break
Cons
Sometimes worked later than wanted
Great Company!
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  New York StateJuly 30, 2018
I have been in this field for over 35 years and worked for 4 other Childcare companies and by far this has been my best experience. Children of America's philosophy is to grow their people from within. They have the best training program, bonus incentives, support, and so much more! The CEO and all the upper management come and visit our sites and I have always felt like part of a family. Come be part of the COA experience! I love it.
Pros
Support, family atmosphere, great incentives
Fast-Paced, Professional Environment
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Mohegan Lake, NYJuly 30, 2018
Working at COA has changed my life for the better in so many ways! I am a stronger professional, I have made friends for a lifetime, and I am always busy and learning great things for my career and my future. COA is all about the children, specifically their unique learning styles and their individual needs. As someone that has a background in education, I highly believe in our curriculum. Paid time off and vacation time is fair and comparable to many other companies in the business.
Horrible
Lead Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 30, 2018
Just don't work there. Kiss your family life and sanity goodbye. I have never had such a horrible job. Even at desperate times i will NEVER go back. Corporate and management only care about bringing in more numbers and more money. They do not care about the children or staff.
Pros
Free lunch, kids, great parents
Cons
Everything else
Teaching children is rewarding. Would have been nice if management/CEO's goal was the children
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, ILJuly 20, 2018
Company owner/ceo made it clear on a regular basis that a child's care and individual development was last in line to making money.
Curriculum was never flexible to many children, no room to change.
Questionable care techniques and instances that were witnessed brought up to management about other employees, was never addressed. Even though there are cameras in every classroom.
Not Worth It
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 12, 2018
Upper management does not test policies before they implement them in the field. This often causes a lot of unnecessary problems for customers and employees. Additionally, communication from upper management is poor and feedback is destructive rather than constructive.

As some other reviewers have noted, there are definitely cliques. Lots of hurtful gossip and immaturity. They do have a kitchen stocked with food and the Executive Assistant, who is amazing, does cook for the office regularly. That said, the company provides this because most corporate employees do not have time to take their lunch breaks if they are to do a good job and meet deadlines.

The workload would be manageable if upper management planned things better and wasn't so impulsive. Almost daily, we would get a new task in addition to our regular duties and not once did upper management ever come over to thank us for going above and beyond what we were hired to do. You cannot question anything or voice any concerns either without being labeled as a negative person.

Understaffed always at both the corporate and center level. High turnover rate. If you're good at your job, they overwork you. Favoritism and unprofessional work environment. No overtime pay for corporate employees. When we closed for a full week for a hurricane, they paid us for that week and then told us we would need to make up those 40 hours during the following month or it would be taken out from our future pay.

I cannot stress enough how poorly managed things are at the corporate level. They do not value competency,
  more... just take advantage of it. I worked with some very nice people at the centers and at corporate, but most of the "leaders" at the top are out of touch and don't actually care about anything but profit.

Overall, I found it to be a negative experience. It was demoralizing to work for a business that sacrifices quality service for blind obedience to corporate mandates. Would not recommend!
Pros
Worked with some very nice people, free food
Cons
Upper management, angry parent calls, overworked, underpaid, random unplanned tasks, etc.
Just part of the COA family!
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 28, 2018
I honestly love working for COA. Everyone works closely together to accomplish the same goal. We have an open door policy where management is always open to suggestions and feedback. No micro-management here. Every day at COA is a positive experience!!!
Pros
Free meals and Great Pay. Positive work environment.
Great Company with lots or Opportunities for Growth
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 27, 2018
Great Company Culture. Management is understanding and cares about their team. Hard work is recognized and acknowledged. There are always career opportunities for growth offered within. I have great working relationships with all of my co-workers.
Pros
Team Building Events, Ongoing Development Trainings, Career Growth
Friendly work environment
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 27, 2018
Great work environment. Definitely show effort and you get out what you put in. It can get really stressful with phones, deadlines approaching, emails piling up, but if you can multitask and have time management it can be manageable. The company works hard to create a positive workplace culture.
Pros
Breakfast and lunch, life balance
Cons
45 minute breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight