Children of the Nations Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun and rewarding way to give back
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicMarch 30, 2017
I spent a week in the Dominican Republic serving at schools and translating sponsor letters for the children. My time in the DR was very rewarding and i would recommend a trip with Children of the Nations!
Meaningful and Faith Based/Fast Paced Work
Chris Clark, Founder & President (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAMarch 2, 2016
I worked for COTN for 8 years and still advocate for them. I also still volunteer Spanish translation services for the Founder/CEO. I love what COTN does - serving children in five developing nations and providing holistic care including education for girls! COTN is worthy of support.

A typical day at work was being uncertain of the next step but certain of God. The Founders are visionaries with huge hearts for children and a passion to serve the least of these. Very rewarding work and family work environment with a goal for excellence in service to the children and donors.
Pros
Travel to Africa and the Carribbean
Cons
Humble environments in Africa and the Carribbean
Overall one of the best experiences I have had
Event Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAMay 1, 2015
The time I spent with this organization was really memorable. I had the opportunity to work for an organization that is truly making an impact all across the world. I was able to work alongside some remarkable people that share my passion and work hard together towards common goals. I enjoyed the mix between working behind a desk at a computer as well as interactive manual labor working with others at one of our many events or simply organizing our storage units. This job provided me with opportunities to learn new programs as well as skills in managing and organizing. At times it was challenging but that was one of my favorite parts about the job because it enabled me to grow and learn.
Wow! What began as a 'job' became an incredible passion.
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Silverdale, WAApril 8, 2015
Children of the Nations is an organization truly devoted to its vision of "Raising children who transform nations."

Being in IT means being behind the scenes of the nitty gritty of an organization. It means being trusted with access to every little nook and cranny of information about a company. In that, in my role, I saw a company so thoroughly invested in reaching, raising, teaching and training orphaned and destitute children that it became my own personal passion.

On the periphery of my view of the 'day to day' plugging away at some new update or implementation of software was the memory of young people's faces who did not have homes, moms, and dads whom Children of the Nations raised up to graduate high school and trade schools.

As I watched servers and computers update themselves, I could easily relive sitting in a classroom in Banta, Sierra Leone, Africa teaching young people basic computing or walking through villages with the two young people my wife and I sponsor.

Everyone on the team has that same glint in their eyes that we are a part of something much bigger than ourselves. It is very inspiring!
Pros
Its impact on the lives of young people.
Cons
Could not bring it home with me, ...yet. ;)
Loved working here!
Internship (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAMarch 17, 2014
The best job i have ever had in my life. The environment and community at Children of the Nations is unlike any other i have ever found. It was so much fun and I accomplished things I never though I could or would. I primarily got to be apart of something that was bigger then myself and helped people around the world!
Pros
Absolutley incredible, wondeful work enviroment, matters.
Cons
Poor pay, long hours.
Passionate leadership for a great cause
Sustainable Development Director / Malawi Liaison (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 13, 2014
Children of the Nations is a faith based non profit whose vision is "raising children who transform nations". This is achieved by providinh holistic care for orphaned and destitute children in Malawi, Uganda, Sierra Leone, Haiti, and the Dominican Republic.
Pros
Passionate leadership, family oriented, great cause
Cons
salary is based on fundraising
Provides support for orphanges in Sierra Leone, Haiti, and other locations
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAOctober 19, 2013
The volunteer work is low pressure but there is work that needs to be done. I enjoyed working with the donated equipment, salvaging and repairing what I could. Great learning experience for me.
Pros
Helping others through volunteer service