Childrens National Medial Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
if your a robot this is a good place
Sr. Grants and Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 6, 2018
poor management training for managers. more interested in metrics than people. "what have you done for me lately" mentality.
very poor transportation arrangements for employees.
cubicle farm
Pros
feel good helping kids
Cons
poor leadership, training, management
Best place I ever worked
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 1, 2018
I had an awesome manager, who looked for opportunities for growth within her staff. She offered guidance without micromanaging, and offered feedback without feeling criticized.
Pros
great management team
Cons
long commute at the time
Excellent
NURSE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 26, 2018
No problems here at CNHS. Excellent place to work. Enjoy working with my co-workers. Typical day is busy and yet challenging. Most enjoyable part is the great co-workers I work with.
Children's National Medical Center
Sr Admin Assistant to the Medical Director (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 6, 2018
The biggest issue is salary and time off benefits at CNMC.

The salary was way too low starting out. In order to get more money, you have to leave the organization and work somewhere for a little while. Once you apply and come back to CNMC, you often make a much better salary.
Learning opportunities, good team
Sr. ERP Reporting Analyst/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 26, 2018
Had a very good team to work with and the management was very understanding. Had wonderful opportunities to learn new technology and apply the known one.
it's okay
Health Information Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 16, 2018
The job security is not in Children's.. I have nothing else to say.
I have worked for Children's for over 17 years and the years I have put in the severance package was terrible.
Consider twice if you want to work here!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 15, 2018
My position ( Call Center Operator) was challenging due to the quota,no breaks in between calls and the incompetence of a supervisor. However, helping the parents get a visit for their ill child or children was rewarding and hearing the smile over the phone of the parent being please with my expertise. They have a high turnover due to the Director nasty bias ways. Employees are underpaid!
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Not being able to use your leave if someone in your pod is already off.
Nice Workplace
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 15, 2018
Working at Children but there are no benefit since I am part time. The pay is great and there's room for improvement. Management is ok but not too professional.
Pros
good pay/nice people
Cons
manager not too good/ very fast environement
Full days but fulfilling
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 14, 2018
Got a bird's eye view of nursing and felt a sense of purpose in being a part of bringing in nurses (including new grads) to care for sick children. I learned about nursing and the management side of that vocation. I was able to work in the units on the hospital site and to participate in the plans needed for nursing and taking care of pediatric patients. The nurse recruiters I worked with taught me invaluable lessons about nurse recruitment and how it works.
Even with this shared knowledge, the hardest part of my job was being treated as support staff that is viewed as less important as the other staff in the hospital and only good for grunt work.
Pros
Worked with great people on Nurse Recruitment team and nursing staff
Cons
Was not valued as a employee by many of the hospital staff; many time treated as a "workhorse"
Poor management in the security department.
Security (Former Employee) –  Washington DCMarch 11, 2018
Management has no respect go their staff. And upper executives allow managers to treat their staff like they are slaves. The security manager discriminates against blacks and treats them any way he wants to. If you don’t do exactly what he says he writes you up and tries to fire you. And the HR staff believes every report giving by management without reviewing the details and evaluating the matter.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Discrimination and poor management, (security Dept)
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant to VP, HR (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 1, 2018
The HR department, where I worked, was well organized and most of my co-workers were pleasant. Some took advantage of the relaxed atmosphere and did less work than they should have. The hospital provided excellent service to patients without regard to ability to pay. Patients were treated well and respected. Overall, I enjoyed my work there.
Pros
Co-workers, benefits
Cons
No parking for employees
Children's National Medical Center is an important institution.
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2018
Children's National Medical Center is a place that works to heal sick children from all over the world. The doctors and staff at Children's National Medical Center do their best to take care of sick children, no matter the family's ability to pay.
Pros
Large local employer
Cons
Parking is tight
Workplace Culture
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 23, 2018
Sexually harassed by coworkers and manager supported their harassment. Was forced out by management and coworkers b/c I wasn't a good fit with them.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Ghetto Attitudes/Bullying
great
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 19, 2018
this was a great place to work. the management made sure to look after their employees and coworkers were always willing to show the new recruits the ropes
bad culture
Building Maintenance tech (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCFebruary 16, 2018
bad managers in every department and this is probably the reason so many people leave the hospital and the fact that they purposely low ball employees regularly
Pros
guaranteed hours
Cons
management and pay
productive work place
Environmental Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 11, 2018
working at the hospital was a fast pace, enjoy meeting new people,enjoyed helping patients and customer. enjoyed work with the management team they was nice and respectfully of the staff.
I love everything about Children's
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2018
Working for children's teaches you a lot. You learn to be humble, to care, love, and protect. You also become emotional at times but it teaches you to be strong for the children
Pros
Moving up
Cons
Seeing kids sick
Productive! Learning experience
Clinical Operations Representative II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2018
I would do it again. I learned a lot whilst working there, learned alot about myself and also working with others in a hospital setting helped me tap into a humanitarian, empathetic side i didn't realize i had.
a great place to work
Community Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2018
as a school nurse i love educating the children in the school. A typical day is not stressful at all. The pay could be better at CNMC but its okay not bad enough for me to quit.
Pros
great place to work with excellent benefits
Cons
could have better pay
Children’s School Health
Community Nurse School Health (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2018
School nursing, sounds innocent enough right? Don’t fool yourself. The workload and level of responsibility rest solely on your shoulders. Some days it feels like you’re running an E.D. all alone. Oddly enough, that’s not the worst part of the job. The management is the worst. If you Interview, which I don’t recommend, ask them about their high turnover rate.
Pros
Health promotion and injury prevention of school age children.
Cons
The Nurse Managers and upper Management are vile, petty hateful beings