ChildServe Employee Reviews

A place for at risk youth to stay
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 22, 2018
Childserv's group homes are a great place for at risk youth to stay. The environment is family orientated and safe. The management could be chosen a little more carefully but for the most part I had a decent experience working there. If your are trying to get into the social work world this is a great job to start off with.
So far so good.
Outpatient Therapy Administrative Intern (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAJanuary 19, 2018
I have learned a lot over these past few weeks. Staff is friendly, welcoming, and they are not afraid to train you in multiple areas! I hope to continue to enjoy working here, and potentially stay longer than my internship as well!
Loved it!
Day Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAJanuary 4, 2018
I was able to assist people, put a smile on their face or make them laugh on a daily basis. The salary was excellent but there was an aspect of the job I could not execute to the best of my ability
I had a good experience working at ChildServe
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IADecember 11, 2017
Working at ChildServe was a good experience. We got along with our bosses. Many times the work load was stressful but my co worker made it easy. The kids were also wonderful.
Pros
The children made me laugh
Cons
When their health deteriorate
Coworkers are nice
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IANovember 29, 2017
You work with alot of diffrent variaties of people which helps you learn. It can be stressful at times. Alot of hands on, They take you to furthure your education.
Supportive environment
Case Management - Full time (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IANovember 15, 2017
My workday is very flexible since I work with children and their families. The office environment is relaxed and professional. I enjoy walking into work every day and seeing the smiling faces of children that was support as it is a great reminder of why I do what I do.
Relaxed environment and fun work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IANovember 7, 2017
I did enjoy my time there at ChildServe. It was a very relaxed environment and had very friendly people. But there were favorites that management had and too much drama within the work place. I enjoyed my position and I liked that they didn't micromanage you.
Pros
Events, free lunch from time to time, friendly people
Cons
Too many favorites, miscommunication, supervisors had favorites and didn't express interest in new people working there, too many tasks for one person for little pay, drama with in the work place
Exceptional Place to Work
Therapy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAOctober 25, 2017
Great people, great services, one of the best places to work in the state. Friendly and professional atmosphere. Employees are treated exceptionally well. Would recommend to anyone.
Fun and supportive working environment
Skills Development Assistant and Respite Provider (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAOctober 16, 2017
I worked with kids on an individual level basis 5 days a week over the summer. My days ranged from 3-8 hour days, and my supervisor was great with working with me on finding the best schedule for me. She was extremely supportive of my life as a student, and was flexible with my schedule. I loved working with the kids and loved the mission and vision of ChildServe and saw them carried through in my position.
Great Work/ Life Balance
Billing & A/R Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IAOctober 13, 2017
Great place to work, especially for new moms.It has a great team atmosphere. Always work to do so there is job security. Has an overall fun attmospher
Cons
Childcare discount not extended to all employees
Kids are rewarding
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAOctober 6, 2017
The people that work there and the children you care for are wonderful. It is an excellent place to work with a great training program. Benefits are available, although I did not participate with them.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Hard work
desire to work with children and teens on achieving personal goals
Skills Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAAugust 22, 2017
Will work one-on one with children and teens in becoming more independent. Great experience working with diverse cultures, assisting others to increase their independence in activities of daily living and community goals.
Childserve has many services for children with special needs and their families
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAAugust 12, 2017
Childserve integrates typically developing children with those of special needs in their daycare. This practice benefits the children and staff in many ways. As they become more understanding of the issues this community faces, staff and children gain empathy and awareness.
great mission, poor chances for moving up
Administrative staff (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IAJuly 27, 2017
Poor chances for advancement, upper management can be near sighted. Great team and strong mission. It is great to see the kids get better and my co-workers are very nice
Pros
cafeteria, great mission
Cons
poor chance for advancement
A wonderful place to work.
Respite Worker (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAJune 20, 2017
Working at ChildServe was a wonderful experience for me because I was able to help others in a healthy environment. My supervisor was always willing to explain things to me, allowing for a stress-free, service-oriented environment.
Exciting and Fun Job
Skill Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAJune 18, 2017
A typical day on the job depends if the children are in school or not. During the summer there is a day summer camp where each day as some sort of activity(s) each day. When school is in session, normally you would work with a child after school. Each child as goals that they would like to reach to make daily living easier for there selves. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help a child with a disability achieve a goal that they have or just interacting with them and enjoy doing something they enjoy doing.
Great Environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAMay 31, 2017
Keeps everyone busy consistently, meet and visit with the families, over all a great place to be employed at and people to work with. Everyone becomes pretty close knit, the management as well. Honestly can say ChildServe was one of the best places I've had the privilege of being apart of.
Fun working place with great values
Skilled Community Living (Former Employee) –  Ames, IowaMay 30, 2017
ChildServe was a rewarding and great place to work. A typical day for SCL was taking the children out into the community and working on their goals. Whether that be at the park, library, restaurant or just playing games anywhere
Loved working with children
Assist in life activities, Monitor vitals (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAApril 24, 2017
Best place to work sucks that i didn't get to work there more often i had fun working with the children and getting to know there personalities and getting to work with my co workers was alot of fun
Rewarding and lots of room for promotion. paid training
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA 50310April 18, 2017
I loved working for child serve. This is an amazing place where the care is top notch. The staff are caring and are appreciated through out the year with christmas bonuses, child serve gear, etc. They provide competitive pay and benefits. The hiring process does take awhile but this to ensure that they employ the best of the best. I recommend working here if you are on the fence.
Pros
flexibility, working with children with disabilities, staff appreciation
Cons
can be emotionally and physically draining, stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ChildServe. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight