Childtime Learning Centers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It's ok
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 12, 2018
I worked for them for three years and some centers like Taft are run very well and are a delight to work at. Other centers are not so we'll ran and the directors can be ruthless, not much care for staff and you can be treated as replaceable.
Pros
Co-workers are friendly and Good teachers
Cons
Can be thrown under the bus to protect the company
childtime
Daycare Teacher Float (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 9, 2018
This is a good job for someone looking to gain experience in working with kids and gaining the knowledge of early childhood education but childtime as a company is just selfish they dont appreciate there workers
very hard place to work
Pre-school room teacher 2 & 4 yrs (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 7, 2018
Very uneasy feeling working there. Not much training given and when you ask for help it took along time for the help to come.

Management was more concerned with herself.

hardest part of the job was no help from management
Pros
lunch was free
Cons
no releife
Not a good work place at all.
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 2, 2018
The management is not very caring. They make you feel like you will never be as good as them. They are not supportive to the staff. They are always understaffed due to poor management. Due to low staff the make you work 10-12 hours a day and sometimes with no break. If you have to go to the restroom they make you seem like you are asking for the world. They are all about making money and not about the staff or the families and children.
Productive workplace, 2 hour breaks get to leave early
Toddler Lead/ Alternating (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 27, 2018
From when I started at Learning Care Group to now my center has changed tremendously. My boss still to this day is a very lade back person lets us run our class room according to the childtime way but lets teach the children in each teachers own way. Management was not 100% they lacked a lot of necessities, but managed to get us our days off we put in for trying to make sure we had things we needed in our classrooms for the daily. Hardest part of the job was just making sure that you had your classroom under control because who would want to come into a dirty classroom with kids looking a mess or just not a flowing environment.
Pros
free lunch and breakfast sometimes
Cons
poor management
Good place to work for
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 25, 2018
I loved the director and the children. Fun environment due to the staff and the assistant director was helpful as well. We did fun activities for the children too.
Unsafe child care.
Lead Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJuly 24, 2018
Most of the teachers did not care about following rules that are put in place to keep children safe. The center was understaffed all the time. Teachers who were sick could not call off work due to no coverage. Children who were sick should be sent home as to not get other children sick. They were too relaxed about this.
Pros
Lunch break every day.
Cons
Understaffed. Poor management.
ChildTime Learning Center, Commerce, Ca.
Lead Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 21, 2018
ChildTime Learning Ctr., is a safe and fun center. The children and families are wonderful to interact with on a daily basis. The infant room is wonderful, warm, and inviting.
family like environment
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTJuly 19, 2018
Child Time Inc. is a great place to work. The education principles are excellent. Kids have fun. Teachers are very supported by the administrators. I feel safe and confident in this working environment.
Pros
Lots of presents
A typical day
Toddler-Two Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 17, 2018
I entered the setting of toddlers and twos; therefore, it was never a dull day something was always going to happen fun. I enjoyed the children the most.
Very stressful and lack in job advancement
Primary Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 16, 2018
Since this school is private, not many resources were given. Staff is underpaid for the job description. Do not ever be expected to be off on time. When children not many children come to school, classes are combined and teachers are told to go home since they are in ratio.
Teaching Is Rewarding!
Preschool Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 16, 2018
Going to work each day is unpredictable, which is fun. Everyday I get to play while teaching. I laugh a lot, which I feel is medicine to the soul and keeps me young at heart.

I have learned that children have to develop mentally, emotionally, and physically in different phases and stages of their lives.

Fortunately I have worked for my supervisor for 20 years and have learned a lot of valuable lessons, both professionally and personally.

Diversity in the workplace is always a positive. You get opportunity to learn about different peoples cultures, how they live and grew up; you might be surprised that you may have somethings in common. Also, you could possibly make a friend.

The hardest part of my job is taking care of a child from infancy until 5 years and having to see them graduate from Pre-K, knowing that they're leaving my care and moving on to the next phase of their lives.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having the HONOR of being able to shape and develop young minds. Being an Early Childhood Educator affords you the opportunity to help children want to become doctors, lawyers, and educators. Who can grow into productive, contributors in society.
Pros
The children and the continual education courses.
Cons
Extremely low pay rates.
circle time
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAJuly 14, 2018
Circle Time is a very important time of the day for your little ones. This is where they get to say an official “Good Morning!” to their friends and their teachers. They sit, relax and begin to focus on their day and find out about the upcoming activity. They learn about new and exciting things, sing songs, look at the days of the week and the calendar, find out about the weather, and much more. Although the general “Good Morning!” routine is the same, the content will be adjusted to match the theme of the month, songs about apples if that’s one of the themes of the month.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
awesome place
Preschool Teacher Child Time (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJuly 9, 2018
The one that I worked at was very nice and well managed. Like most daycare though, do go there in person and check out the area before you decide on sending your child. Different places have different owners and they take care of each school differently.
Do not work here
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 9, 2018
Management is unorganized and unprofessional

Company standards set you up for failure. Working here and trying to be a “good teacher” or employee is like being blind trying to get out of a maze that doesn’t actually have an exit.

No support from management. No help with problem solving. Unprofessionalal behaviors and favoritism. Gossip, lies and drama. It might as well be a reality show here.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Everything about the job is terrible
productive
Infant 2 Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 9, 2018
great place to keep learning with staff and families . i truly enjoyed my work family. everyone was on one accord. I'm grateful for working at this center it gave me more to look forward to in a different setting from what i was use to in a work place.
Pros
happy families
Cons
short breaks
Management SUCKS
cook (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 8, 2018
The management sucks they call people names and curse at kids. I have never seen a place need so much help and not want too hire people to work there. They are always over ratio in kids and never wants too help out in the rooms they want you too figure it out your self. IF THEY REALLY NEED PEOPLE TOO WORK THERE GIVE PEOPLE CHANCES to work there and not tell people wrong
Pros
under paid
Cons
Hire people that want too work and not people that want too be lazy
Really Take Care of Their Workers
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAJune 29, 2018
Would love to work at a sister school or another child time. they offer plenty of benefits for both part time and full time employees and they have high standards for their facilities. Loved the child time i worked for in Silverdale, Washington.
Official response from Childtime Learning Centers
July 27, 2018

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time as an Assistant Teacher with Childtime in Silverdale! Thank you for your feedback!

Not the best place to work
Lead Teacher & Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 27, 2018
I have worked for the company for a some time now and things keep getting worse. The management doesn't care about their teachers and doesn't back them up. Its nothing for them to give you long brakes and still send you home early. They don't care about loosing families that have been there for years, one member of management said well if they want to go they can we have a waiting list. The same about the teachers we can be replaced. If it wasn't for the bond with the families I know a lot of us would leave.
Pros
Great families
Cons
The company doesnt care
Not a bad place if you’re in transition
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAJune 22, 2018
The pay was definitely too low for the work being done. However you do fall in love with the kids and the job can be very rewarding. Benefits were okay and you will definitely get hours as long as there are kids, especially if people call out.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Not enough pay, sometimes very long days
Official response from Childtime Learning Centers
July 27, 2018

Thanks for sharing your review! We agree this working in the ECE field can be tough at time, but also very rewarding. As a company, we strive to provide a supportive work environment that offers a development path for a meaningful and fulfilling career. As part of that, we regularly evaluate employee compensation and benefits to ensure they’re competitive within the industry. Thanks again for the insights.