Childtime Learning Centers Employee Reviews

Awful management
Assistant teacher (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIApril 19, 2019
Very disorganized. Childish management , wasn’t good at communicating. Did not pay well enough for all the work we did. No benefits and did not get paid time off or sick time until 6 months of working full time and even then I did not get it.
Great
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 18, 2019
Working for Childtime was a great experience. Work days went by fast, lovely children, friendly staff and parents. I would still be there if I had not moved out of state.
April 22, 2019

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience with the children, families and staff at your center. Our top priority is creating a safe and friendly environment for both our children and staff, thank you for contributing to that while you were a part of our team! If you are ever interested in joining the Childtime team again in the future, we have hundreds of locations across the country! Thank you again for sharing your thoughts. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Was overlooked
Lead VPK Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLApril 17, 2019
I applied for a position that I had the credentials and years of experience for. After being interviewed and working hard to prove that I deserved the position, another staff member who had none of the credentials (CDA/college degree or years of experience) was selected simply because she spoke Spanish. After the decision was made, I was constantly a "threat" to the staff member chosen and felt like I had a target on my back.
Horrible Hot mess!
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 15, 2019
I worked at the one in the Scripps Center downtown and it was very unprofessional they showed favoritism a lot they hire anybody! It’s not worth it the director was sneaky and always messed with your hours so your pay was low the kids were bad and disrespectful and loud ghetto co workers!
Pros
Cons
Management, bad kids, horrible staff
productive place to work
LEAD TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 14, 2019
laid back, stress free environment. willing to work with schedules or things that may come up. fair pay team atmosphere. great management team as well.
April 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Childtime Learning Center! We are so happy to hear that you are having a positive experience. We strive to provide the best care for our children and our staff and with your continued contribution, we are able to make that happen. Thank you for all you do for the company!

fun environment
Lead Teacher and Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDApril 11, 2019
Atmosphere is laid back and fun to work in. The families are wonderful and the staff is like a family. However, there should be more opportunities to move up in the company. Corporate tends to take a little longer to get things done when asked.
Pros
great families
Cons
lack of help from corporate
April 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Childtime Learning Center! Our top priority is creating a safe and friendly environment for the children and we take pride in the family oriented feel of our schools, thank you for your contribution in making Childtime a great place to work! We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with the level of support you are receiving from Support Central. If you are open to sharing more about your experience place call our employee hotline at (877) 767-5241. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Do Not Recommend
Kindergarten Connections Teacher (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIApril 11, 2019
Staff and management caused you to have a lot of stress. The director never wanted to listen to you if there was a problem you were having within the building. The staff always judgmental.
Pros
Cleaniness
Cons
Bad staff and management and taken advantage of
Fun and wonderful care for children
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 7, 2019
Working at Childtime, was truly great. I learned so much there, and had a family based work environment. Everyone there has such a great heart, with a main goal- teach and care for children. From an infant to a middle schooler.
April 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Childtime Learning Center! We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience. We take pride in the family oriented feel of our schools, thank you for contributing to that while you were a part of our team!

Uncaring about their teachers
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 3, 2019
While my coworkers were amazing to work with and fun to be around, management made working there difficult and stressful. They did not let you know your work schedule in advance, would change your work schedule without notice and do not care if a teacher had a prior commitment (like an appointment) even if they were notified weeks in advance. Breaks were never set on a regular schedule and people who wanted to work more hours were told to leave early, while we were left with barely enough people to cover ratio. I would not recommend working at childtime.
Pros
working with kids, great coworkers
Cons
irregular schedule, uncaring management team
April 15, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working with your coworkers in your center. Childtime is committed to providing a positive and safe work environment. The unpredictable nature of the childcare business sometimes does require us to redistribute teachers to ensure all children are appropriately supervised at all times. The concerns that you have mentioned regarding management involving staffing are ones that we take very seriously. Thanks again for the feedback.

Great families and kids
Team Lead/ Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Medford, NJApril 2, 2019
We had a great set of families that we had the privilege to work with/for. The staff loved the kids and made them feel at home. We worked hard to go get them the care they needed. The management switched a couplele of times but eventually got settled and worked out great.
April 4, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We take pride in maintaining a positive environment for our children and staff and our team plays a huge role in that – We appreciate your contribution in making Childtime Learning Center a great place to work while you were a part of our team! We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Good work environment especially if you love kids
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIApril 1, 2019
I had a great time working for this company. The girls and guys I worked with were awesome. The parents were very invested with the care and development of their children, and the management was awesome.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
none to list
April 4, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Childtime Learning Center! Our top priority is creating a safe and friendly environment for the children and we take pride in the family oriented feel of our schools, thank you for contributing to that while you were a part of our team! We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience! We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Fun environment with Friendly Workplace
TEACHER (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 31, 2019
Childtime is a great place to work. It has many stressful aspects, but the management and staff are phenomenal. Working with children isn't for everyone. You have to have patience, strong work ethic, and a kind heart. These children count on you to be there for them every day and if you can't do that and you're not reliable this isn't the job for you.
Pros
Strong Bonds and Funenvironment
Cons
May have to stay past designated time to be off
April 1, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Childtime Learning Center! We are so happy to hear you are having a positive experience during your time on our team! We take pride in maintaining a positive workplace environment for our employees and our team plays a huge role in that – thank you for your contribution in making Childtime a great place to work! We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging so we appreciate all that you do for your center.

management talks about policies that they don't practice
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAMarch 26, 2019
Hypocritical management with two hour lunchbreaks to ensure no overtime. Constantly over ratio. Sometimes we were double ratio. People who are hired to put us in ratio are just a warm body. They don't do anything to help Lead Teachers like myself. Parents bring their children in sick constantly. Managers expect us to be a janitor, carpet cleaner, sanitizer of toys, while doing assessments, lesson plans, labeling cleaning products while working with broken equipment.
Pros
benefits with childcare discounts
Cons
two hour lunch breaks and sick kids accepted anytime
April 8, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience within your center. As a company, we strive to create a supportive work environment where every employee feels valued and safe. We have marked your concerns for further review. If you are open to sharing more about your experience, please reach out to the Employee Hotline at 877-767-5241. Again, thank you for your review.

Not a good place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYMarch 26, 2019
Childtime in Liverpool, NY likes to hire people who are NOT qualified to work there and have no child development degrees. Place is also dirty. Workers are mean to kids too.
Cons
Ok job but management not well organized Fast pace .teachers are good .children are loving
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHMarch 23, 2019
Okay job but management not organized uncommunicating sometimes fast paced .teachers are wonderful with kids. kids are very loving and aware of the surrounding. Everything teachers helping the kids to learn before they go to kindergarten is a no peanut free faculty secret code to enter building when people are not allowed in.
Pros
A a job if need one, teachers are friendly and helpful. has secret code for no one can enter if not allowed.
Cons
Management unorganized. Some favoritism .
March 25, 2019

Thank you for sharing your perspective on Childtime Learning Center. We are so happy to hear you have had a positive experience with the children and teachers at your center. We are disappointed to hear that you are unsatisfied with the level of support you are receiving from upper management. We take the concerns you’ve mentioned very seriously, and have noted them for further action. If you are open to sharing more details about your experience, please call our Employee Hotline at (877) 767-5241 We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, thank you for everything you do for your center.

temporary job
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 23, 2019
I have worked in a different daycare back in 2000-2001 and but this time was different. Not sure if it was because now my own 2 children were there and I saw thing in a different way but it definitely wasn't as enjoyable the second time around.
Pros
my kids were able to attend at a discounted price
Cons
environment just wasn't as enjoyable to work at.
March 25, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience and have left the company. We take current and former employee concerns very seriously. If you are open to sharing more details about your experience, please call our Employee Hotline at (877) 767-5241.

Good company to work for
Lead teacher of 4-6-year-old children (Former Employee) –  Florence, KY 41042March 19, 2019
Childtime's admin team were invested in helping all staff and children have everything that they needed. Admin team kept all the staff and families informed of what is going on with the center.
March 21, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Childtime Learning Center! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed working for us! Thank you for all of the contributions you made to your center during your time on our team. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

not my first choice
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 11, 2019
Teachers are moved from room to room which makes it hard to get the kids settled and in work mode cause they see 3 to 4 different teachers in one day. No time is given to work on lesson plans and sometimes they would expect me to do that as well as continuing education on my own time and not get paid for it.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
low pay, poor management
March 26, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you that you didn’t experience the support you needed from those around you. If you are open to sharing more about your experience, please reach us at the Employee Hotline: 877-7676-5241. Again, thank you for your feedback.

At the time when I first got hired at Childtime, I was just so thankful to have a job, I never bothered to ask them how much Id be making per hour.
Floater teacher, backup cook, and bus driver (Former Employee) –  Lewisville,TXMarch 3, 2019
Mistakenly I assumed that they would review my performance and give me a raise accordingly. Never happened after 6 mos. Nor did it happen after 12 mos. Sorry but a grown adult cannot make 9.00 an hour and support herself and her children.
There are payscales to evaluate how much teachers should be paid and Childtime ignoresd that.
The employee handbook was stocked full of promises that they never abided by. Such as paid bereavement days. Which I never got!! They denied my requests to be off after I lost my baby.
Pros
I love children and watching them light up when they learn new things.
Cons
The pay and lack of appreciation
March 5, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience. As a company, we regularly evaluate employee compensation and benefits to ensure they’re competitive geographically and within the industry. All employees are reviewed for compensation increases annually. Employees are also able to move from part-time positions to full-time positions making them eligible for benefits. We want you to know that we take your concerns very seriously. If you are open to sharing more about your experience, please call our Employee Hotline at 866-384-4277.

Awesome kids/families, MEAN GIRL management beware
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAFebruary 22, 2019
I will start by saying the kids and families here are AWESOME!!!! They made every stressful day worth it 100%. The only thing I miss about this place. Consistent work schedule. Paid time off. Only Pros. Everyday working here was drama, in every classroom. Teachers walking on eggshells around each other because they don’t get along. So much tension in infant, toddler room and preschool room you could cut it with a knife. Management is like a clique of mean girls from high school, which is odd considering the director is a man. He is a very 2 faced man with 2 yes men (assistant director, and “hall monitor”) at his side. You bring issues to management, nothing gets solved. They constantly talk about employees, laugh at employees, and belittle the ones who did not stand up for themselves. They make posts on Facebook about employees not knowing we all could see. The raise is a joke. 25/50 cents raise every year is a slap in the face for the hard work we do. They also make a lot of broken promises to employees. No advancement at all here. Good luck if applying!
Pros
Kids/families, Pto, Consistent work schedule
Cons
Hostility in work place, management, pay
February 28, 2019

Thank you for your review. We understand the challenges that the ECE field can bring. We are committed to providing a supportive and safe work environment for all employees; and we expect our employees to uphold these standards and to be supportive of one another. The situation you describe is upsetting to read about and we take your concerns very seriously. If you are open to sharing more details about your experience, please call our employee hotline at 866-384-4277. We also appreciate the care you provided to our children and families – thank you for all you did!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childtime Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.