Childtime Learning Centers Employee Reviews

Awesome Job
Director (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAMay 19, 2019
I love my job and the way I have the ability to make our center feel homey, yet offer so many educational opportunities to our families. You have to be very flexible and willing to give your all but it’s worth it.
0234-Location
Director (Current Employee) –  0234May 17, 2019
I think the pay could be better for management positions. Also would love to have more advancements opportunities. I do love working here and would recommend it to others.
Center Director
Director (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 17, 2019
I have enjoyed working at LCG/Childtime for the past 8 years. The work is fun...I love my center, my families, the children and my staff. There are challenges as with any job but they mostly come from the lack of work ethic in the applicant pool which seems to be in pretty much ever industry. As for me and my experience with LCG/Childtime overall I have learned a lot and would wholeheartedly recommend it to others, you just have to find the center that is a fit for you.
I love my job
0641 - School Staff (Current Employee) –  Plymouth MiMay 17, 2019
Childtime is a great company to work for. I get to play with kids all day and the group of women I work with are truly amazing. The worst part of the job is all the dirty diapers but if you can get pass that you will love it
Love my Job
Director (Current Employee) –  Modesto CaMay 17, 2019
I have worked for Childtime for 20 plus years, this company has helped me grow and learn in a positive environment. I must say that my team is one of the hardest working group of ladies I know. I am very proud of my school and my families together we have a very family oriented culture throughout our school. The best part of my job is knowing I have an impact on shaping these little lives and giving them the best start we can with a nurturing and educational environment.
Director (Current Employee) –  CT 1265May 17, 2019
Childtime / Learning Care Group has been a very professional company that has allowed me to use my education to help children and families on a daily basis. The structure and education that is offered by the company is excellent and helps us to prepare children for their school years . There are many opportunities for growth within the company as well. It is never an easy job to care for children on a daily basis, but it is very rewarding to be a part of a community that offers solutions to familes for child care.
Great place to utilize advancement opportunities, day to day at work is challenging
Childtime (Current Employee) –  RentonMay 13, 2019
I love my director. I genuinely feel like she cares about the staff. I love the educational benefits the company provides. I have plenty of room for advancement and truly make this into a career.

On the other hand, we are constantly short staffed and because of this, it makes it very difficult to do my job to it’s fullest potential (planning, assessments, preparation work).
Corporate centers have many positive qualities
Director (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FloridaMay 13, 2019
What I have found as the most positive attribute is that the company has a wealth of support regarding anything you may need or be unsure of. Everyone in the company that I have needed help from has been so incredibly patient and informative.
Fair place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  ChildTimeMay 13, 2019
It's a good place to work with a good work/life balance. Pay and personal time off is not great compared to others but can be a fun place to work if you enjoy children. Management tries their best to work with your needs.
Work is what you make it
Director (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VirginiaMay 13, 2019
As a school director I deal with all aspects of center daily life. Easily the best part of the job is the relationships I have developed with the children, the families, my staff, the other directors, and upper management. The hardest part of the job for me is the work life balance. As a perfectionist, I have a difficult time leaving things undone, but this is something I am working on as a manager. The culture here within our school is one of fun and laughter. The company definitely demands a certain level of work ethic and wants policies followed to the letter, but this is all for the safety and security of our children. I report directly to the District Manager and our DM is amazing and knows her job very well.
Review
0809 - Director (Current Employee) –  Not sayingMay 13, 2019
Large company so always opportunities to move around and move up
Large system of support at corporate level
Safety and lots of training during the year
Director (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 13, 2019
Company is very strict with labor, which means you are either low staffed from regular call outs or cutting a multitude of hours.

Compensation is low from teachers through management. Benefits are okay, limited PTO.

Teachers work hard, the kids are fantastic, and the culture typically is great!
Director (Current Employee) –  Nothern VirginiaMay 13, 2019
There is a tremendous amount of support from the corporate office and the district managers.
There is really no staff discount so that makes it hard when hiring. People want to work in this field so that they can have their child in the same building with them but not offering a staff discount (or very little) makes that very hard.
Childtime is an amazing center
Childtime (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 13, 2019
I love coming into work and seeing all of the children I work with! Even when I'm having a rough day at home, I know the children and staff here can always cheer me up!
Director's Point of View
Director (Current Employee) –  Virginia BeachMay 13, 2019
I love my position as Director at Learning Care Group. I love that I can train teachers and help them with their long term career goals. It is obvious how much the company cares about doing the right thing for the children and teachers. It really does depend on your manager how your experience will be at your job and I hope that in the future they will focus on training all DM's and Directors more thoroughly so it was consistent between schools and districts
Life with Learning Care Group
Director (Current Employee) –  Spring, TexasMay 13, 2019
Learning Care Group is a company that stands firm on the education of young children by providing valuable training, guidance and leadership to their employees and management team. LCG works hard to ensure employees have work/life balance while ensuring the company continues to move forward in growth, technological advancement and staying on the leading edge of ECE. Great company to work for and is always exciting to see the new initiatives the company embraces and their sincerity in thought on how things are implemented.
Director (Current Employee) –  West ChesterMay 13, 2019
Our days are always busy and never the same. This job will keep you busy all day long and you will have to wear many hats and have many job duties all in one day.
School Director
Director (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 13, 2019
The company says that they want you to have work life balance but in reality this is not possible with things changing everyday and the demand from corporate to have things completed when they need it. Mind you, We still have a whole school to manage and tend to staff and parents and enrollments.

When you ask for someone from corporate "support Central" to come and support us, we are told they do not come to the schools, but during the back to school meeting they are saying "call us we will come to you, you all are in our back door so it's easy for us to get to you". This is all false hope, as no one wants to come to the schools to lend a hand.
Learning Care Group
Director (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 13, 2019
LCG genuinely cares for the education of children. They care about our employees and the families we serve. Child safety and education are the front and center of what the company stands for.
Center Director
Director (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 13, 2019
This is a go get 'em company and are really providing a fantastic, up-to-date curriculum, extra curricular activities and technology experiences for their students. This company puts its focus on being the best in the industry by keeping their schools relevant with the constant changes in the education field. They provide training, resources and support where needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childtime Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.