Childtime Learning Centers Employee Reviews

The children are very loveable.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIMay 11, 2019
the hardest part of the job is getting the children to learn new task. A typical day at work is fast paced. I have learned the licensing rules of a Day Care Center. Management is sometimes unorganized. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the children at the end of the day tired and ready to go home with their family.
Pros
One Hour Lunch Break
Cons
Feeling under paid for the resposibilllty of the job
May 13, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging so we appreciate everything you do for your center! As a company, we strive to provide a supportive work environment that offers a development path for a meaningful and fulfilling career. As part of that, we regularly evaluate employee compensation and benefits to ensure they’re competitive geographically within the industry. Thank you again for your review.

Terrible job with terrible management
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMay 9, 2019
I would give this place zero stars if I could, the management is the worst management I’ve ever had in my six years of working, if you’re sick and ask to leave early you won’t be able to because they don’t have enough staff. The turn over is the worst I’ve ever seen. Just recently I’ve had my hours changed not by choice but it’s gone from 40 to 27 1/2. I’ve been there for a year and they just randomly change my hours and I have no choice but to accept them otherwise I won’t have a job. I have been looking for jobs pretty much since I started this isn’t my field anyways I’m a baker but wanted to try something new and I love working with kids and the kids are great they’re the only good thing about the job, and the couple coworkers I’ve become friends with but majority of them just gossip all day and the management does it too which is very unprofessional and there is just too much drama. The job was good as something temporarily but it’s time for me to move on, also the amount of times I’ve gotten sick since working here is ridiculous and this place is dirty. Employees changing diapers and serving food without gloves on. Disgusting. I usually get a sinus infection once or twice a year but the amount I’ve gotten in the past year I can’t even count and stomach bugs too which I never get. And you work ridiculously long hours and are extremely underpaid for it. If I could go back I never would have applied here, way too many cons compared to pros.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Underpaid Long hours Terrible management
High stress environment with constant changes, and nothing to help transition to these changes.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIMay 7, 2019
Everyone was always gossiping about each other, management does not take responsibility for anything, and everyone is over worked. So nobody is ever happy. The only reason I was given a raise to $11/hr was because they started hiring unqualified workers and offered them higher hourly rates than workers that have been there for YEARS.
Pros
long breaks (1 hour)
Don’t Do It
Child Care Teacher (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 4, 2019
I hate this place, probably the worst place I’ve ever worked for. They don’t care about their employees & the price the parents pay weekly is ridiculous compared to what the kids are getting for breakfast, lunches & snacks.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Everything.
May 13, 2019

Thank you for your review. At Childtime, we strive to maintain a caring and supportive environment for our employees and the families we serve. We are sad to hear that you didn’t experience this within your center. If you haven’t yet discussed your concerns with your manager or HR, please reach out to the Employee Hotline at 877-767-5241.

Horrible experience
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 1, 2019
You do not want to work for this company. They do not treat there employees with any kind of respect. Hands down the worst job I have ever had.Managemt shoes favoritetism. What they tell you during you interview of what you will be doing is NOT AT ALL what you will actually be doing
Pros
Night off and weekends
Cons
Long hours, horrible management, stressful, not enough pay
May 13, 2019

Thank you for your review. At Childtime, we strive to maintain an inclusive and supportive work environment for our employees. We are sad to hear that you didn’t experience this. If you are open to sharing more about your experience, please call our Employee Hotline at 877-767-5241. Again, thank you.

Decent company
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2019
Beware of abusive management that gets away with physically abusing staff at some locations. The kids are kids. Loved seeing their faces light up when they accomplished something.
If you don’t mind bad management and love children this is a good place.
Pros
Free food, paid holidays
Cons
Physically Abusive management
April 30, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As a company, we strive to create a positive environment in our schools and the safety of our children and staff are our top priority. Because of this, your comments are extremely concerning and we take them very seriously. If you have not already contacted the employee hotline or spoken to your HR Manager, please call (877) 767-5241 to share more details about your experience.

would not suggest to anyone
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 23, 2019
I've worked at multiple locations and the work culture is the same. Managers send employees home based on favoritism and not the order they come. there's merely any room for professional development or a raise
Pros
1 hour lunch, fexible fridays
Cons
management, pay, lack of PTO
May 13, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience. As a company, we strive to create a fair and supportive work environment for our employees. Due to this, your comments are concerning and we take them very seriously. If you are open to sharing more, please call the Employee Hotline at 577-767-5241.

Awful management
Assistant teacher (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIApril 19, 2019
Very disorganized. Childish management , wasn’t good at communicating. Did not pay well enough for all the work we did. No benefits and did not get paid time off or sick time until 6 months of working full time and even then I did not get it.
May 2, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience. As a company, we regularly evaluate employee compensation and benefits to ensure they’re competitive geographically and within the industry. Unfortunately, due to the unpredictable world of ECE, we may not be able to honor all PTO requests due to scheduling challenges. We want you to know that we take your concerns very seriously. If you haven’t already spoken to your center director about the issue, please call our Employee Hotline at 866-767-5241

Great
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 18, 2019
Working for Childtime was a great experience. Work days went by fast, lovely children, friendly staff and parents. I would still be there if I had not moved out of state.
April 22, 2019

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience with the children, families and staff at your center. Our top priority is creating a safe and friendly environment for both our children and staff, thank you for contributing to that while you were a part of our team! If you are ever interested in joining the Childtime team again in the future, we have hundreds of locations across the country! Thank you again for sharing your thoughts. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Was overlooked
Lead VPK Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLApril 17, 2019
I applied for a position that I had the credentials and years of experience for. After being interviewed and working hard to prove that I deserved the position, another staff member who had none of the credentials (CDA/college degree or years of experience) was selected simply because she spoke Spanish. After the decision was made, I was constantly a "threat" to the staff member chosen and felt like I had a target on my back.
May 2, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience and have left the company. We take current and former employee concerns very seriously. If you are open to sharing more details about your experience, please call our Employee Hotline at (877) 767-5241.

Horrible Hot mess!
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 15, 2019
I worked at the one in the Scripps Center downtown and it was very unprofessional they showed favoritism a lot they hire anybody! It’s not worth it the director was sneaky and always messed with your hours so your pay was low the kids were bad and disrespectful and loud ghetto co workers!
Pros
Cons
Management, bad kids, horrible staff
May 2, 2019

Thank you for your review. At Childtime, we strive to maintain an inclusive and caring environment for our employees and our families. We are sad to hear that you didn’t experience this. If you are open to sharing more about your experience, please call our Employee Hotline at (877) 767-5241.

productive place to work
LEAD TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 14, 2019
laid back, stress free environment. willing to work with schedules or things that may come up. fair pay team atmosphere. great management team as well.
April 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Childtime Learning Center! We are so happy to hear that you are having a positive experience. We strive to provide the best care for our children and our staff and with your continued contribution, we are able to make that happen. Thank you for all you do for the company!

fun environment
Lead Teacher and Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDApril 11, 2019
Atmosphere is laid back and fun to work in. The families are wonderful and the staff is like a family. However, there should be more opportunities to move up in the company. Corporate tends to take a little longer to get things done when asked.
Pros
great families
Cons
lack of help from corporate
April 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Childtime Learning Center! Our top priority is creating a safe and friendly environment for the children and we take pride in the family oriented feel of our schools, thank you for your contribution in making Childtime a great place to work! We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with the level of support you are receiving from Support Central. If you are open to sharing more about your experience place call our employee hotline at (877) 767-5241. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Do Not Recommend
Kindergarten Connections Teacher (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIApril 11, 2019
Staff and management caused you to have a lot of stress. The director never wanted to listen to you if there was a problem you were having within the building. The staff always judgmental.
Pros
Cleaniness
Cons
Bad staff and management and taken advantage of
May 2, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are sad to hear that you had a negative experience within your center. Childtime Learning Centers are committed to creating a supportive work environment where every employee feels valued. We have marked your concerns for further review. If you are open to sharing more about your experience, please call the Employee Hotline at 877-767-5241.

Fun and wonderful care for children
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 7, 2019
Working at Childtime, was truly great. I learned so much there, and had a family based work environment. Everyone there has such a great heart, with a main goal- teach and care for children. From an infant to a middle schooler.
April 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Childtime Learning Center! We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience. We take pride in the family oriented feel of our schools, thank you for contributing to that while you were a part of our team!

Uncaring about their teachers
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 3, 2019
While my coworkers were amazing to work with and fun to be around, management made working there difficult and stressful. They did not let you know your work schedule in advance, would change your work schedule without notice and do not care if a teacher had a prior commitment (like an appointment) even if they were notified weeks in advance. Breaks were never set on a regular schedule and people who wanted to work more hours were told to leave early, while we were left with barely enough people to cover ratio. I would not recommend working at childtime.
Pros
working with kids, great coworkers
Cons
irregular schedule, uncaring management team
April 15, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working with your coworkers in your center. Childtime is committed to providing a positive and safe work environment. The unpredictable nature of the childcare business sometimes does require us to redistribute teachers to ensure all children are appropriately supervised at all times. The concerns that you have mentioned regarding management involving staffing are ones that we take very seriously. Thanks again for the feedback.

Great families and kids
Team Lead/ Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Medford, NJApril 2, 2019
We had a great set of families that we had the privilege to work with/for. The staff loved the kids and made them feel at home. We worked hard to go get them the care they needed. The management switched a couplele of times but eventually got settled and worked out great.
April 4, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We take pride in maintaining a positive environment for our children and staff and our team plays a huge role in that – We appreciate your contribution in making Childtime Learning Center a great place to work while you were a part of our team! We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Good work environment especially if you love kids
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIApril 1, 2019
I had a great time working for this company. The girls and guys I worked with were awesome. The parents were very invested with the care and development of their children, and the management was awesome.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
none to list
April 4, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Childtime Learning Center! Our top priority is creating a safe and friendly environment for the children and we take pride in the family oriented feel of our schools, thank you for contributing to that while you were a part of our team! We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience! We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Fun environment with Friendly Workplace
TEACHER (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 31, 2019
Childtime is a great place to work. It has many stressful aspects, but the management and staff are phenomenal. Working with children isn't for everyone. You have to have patience, strong work ethic, and a kind heart. These children count on you to be there for them every day and if you can't do that and you're not reliable this isn't the job for you.
Pros
Strong Bonds and Funenvironment
Cons
May have to stay past designated time to be off
April 1, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Childtime Learning Center! We are so happy to hear you are having a positive experience during your time on our team! We take pride in maintaining a positive workplace environment for our employees and our team plays a huge role in that – thank you for your contribution in making Childtime a great place to work! We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging so we appreciate all that you do for your center.

management talks about policies that they don't practice
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAMarch 26, 2019
Hypocritical management with two hour lunchbreaks to ensure no overtime. Constantly over ratio. Sometimes we were double ratio. People who are hired to put us in ratio are just a warm body. They don't do anything to help Lead Teachers like myself. Parents bring their children in sick constantly. Managers expect us to be a janitor, carpet cleaner, sanitizer of toys, while doing assessments, lesson plans, labeling cleaning products while working with broken equipment.
Pros
benefits with childcare discounts
Cons
two hour lunch breaks and sick kids accepted anytime
April 8, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience within your center. As a company, we strive to create a supportive work environment where every employee feels valued and safe. We have marked your concerns for further review. If you are open to sharing more about your experience, please reach out to the Employee Hotline at 877-767-5241. Again, thank you for your review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childtime Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.