Childtime Learning Centers Employee Reviews in Detroit, MI

Child time
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 13, 2018
Childtime was a great experience for me,ive been working with children forever an that us what i liked to do.I have a few documents of me completing from working with children.
Teaching Is Rewarding!
Preschool Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 16, 2018
Going to work each day is unpredictable, which is fun. Everyday I get to play while teaching. I laugh a lot, which I feel is medicine to the soul and keeps me young at heart.

I have learned that children have to develop mentally, emotionally, and physically in different phases and stages of their lives.

Fortunately I have worked for my supervisor for 20 years and have learned a lot of valuable lessons, both professionally and personally.

Diversity in the workplace is always a positive. You get opportunity to learn about different peoples cultures, how they live and grew up; you might be surprised that you may have somethings in common. Also, you could possibly make a friend.

The hardest part of my job is taking care of a child from infancy until 5 years and having to see them graduate from Pre-K, knowing that they're leaving my care and moving on to the next phase of their lives.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having the HONOR of being able to shape and develop young minds. Being an Early Childhood Educator affords you the opportunity to help children want to become doctors, lawyers, and educators. Who can grow into productive, contributors in society.
Pros
The children and the continual education courses.
Cons
Extremely low pay rates.
a productive experience
Assistant Teacher/ Food Specialists (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working with such caring amazing team memebers, the kids were also a very positive impact on me I enjoyed being with them everyday.i would definitely this company if your interested in childcare.
Official response from Childtime Learning Centers
January 5, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we are glad you had a positive experience working with the company!

fun
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 5, 2017
work place is good, pay low. management was nice. a lot of requirements to get job. the culture was good. children are on a tight routine which I liked.
Pros
lunch was free
Cons
not enough hours
Official response from Childtime Learning Centers
January 5, 2018

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We strive to provide a supportive work environment that offers a development path for a meaningful and fulfilling career. As part of that, we regularly evaluate employee compensation and benefits to ensure they’re competitive within the industry. Thanks again for the insights.

Amazing Place to work at if you love children
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 3, 2017
This is a place for only people that absolutely have a passion for little children. It is a fun place to work at the atmosphere is enchanting (if you are at the right one), the workers are sweet and funny, the place is just over all amazing. They have a great curriculum the children learn a lot through a balance of play and teach time! It is just fun.
Pros
Interacting with children
Need new management at 0640
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 8, 2017
I would have love this job if we had different management at 0640 location, management is rude and unprofessional. Management hangs out in the infant room and talk about other staff and she has her set of favorite workers who she let get off early or take days off. Corporate should do a pop up and not Migon (District Manager or region manager or whatever she is). Parents don't care for the management do a survey. No set time off. Some days you are doing 10 hour shifts.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Low pay, long shifts, no set time off
Productive work place
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 29, 2016
I enjoyed my time while working for the Learning Care Group. All of the teachers where hands on, fun loving, and attentitive to each child and their needs. All of my co workers where work driven and make the work place a happy enviornment. How every I did not agree with the overseers way of running the Child Time that I worked at.
Pros
location
Cons
pay
fun and positive work place
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 15, 2016
it was an amazing experience to be able to work around so many wonderful parents and students. it was so fun being able t teach the children and sometimes have the children teach me
The children are wonderful.
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 21, 2014
Pay is not at all acceptable for amount of work and time provided. No raises.