Childtime Learning Centers Employee Reviews in Oklahoma City, OK

Uncaring about their teachers
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 3, 2019
While my coworkers were amazing to work with and fun to be around, management made working there difficult and stressful. They did not let you know your work schedule in advance, would change your work schedule without notice and do not care if a teacher had a prior commitment (like an appointment) even if they were notified weeks in advance. Breaks were never set on a regular schedule and people who wanted to work more hours were told to leave early, while we were left with barely enough people to cover ratio. I would not recommend working at childtime.
Pros
working with kids, great coworkers
Cons
irregular schedule, uncaring management team
April 15, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working with your coworkers in your center. Childtime is committed to providing a positive and safe work environment. The unpredictable nature of the childcare business sometimes does require us to redistribute teachers to ensure all children are appropriately supervised at all times. The concerns that you have mentioned regarding management involving staffing are ones that we take very seriously. Thanks again for the feedback.

Lots of kids
teacher selects a daily focus for children (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2018
• Responsible for planning daily activities such as sing songs, and art projects.
• Planned weekly lesson in which the teacher selects a daily focus for children.
• Created curriculum that helps them prepare themselves for preschool by developing the understanding of new concepts language vocabulary, and sensory motor skills.
• Promoted physical, creative, and social/emotional development
Pros
Daily activities
Cons
Have to pay attention at all time.
Not a good work place at all.
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 2, 2018
The management is not very caring. They make you feel like you will never be as good as them. They are not supportive to the staff. They are always understaffed due to poor management. Due to low staff the make you work 10-12 hours a day and sometimes with no break. If you have to go to the restroom they make you seem like you are asking for the world. They are all about making money and not about the staff or the families and children.
Management SUCKS
cook (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 8, 2018
The management sucks they call people names and curse at kids. I have never seen a place need so much help and not want too hire people to work there. They are always over ratio in kids and never wants too help out in the rooms they want you too figure it out your self. IF THEY REALLY NEED PEOPLE TOO WORK THERE GIVE PEOPLE CHANCES to work there and not tell people wrong
Pros
under paid
Cons
Hire people that want too work and not people that want too be lazy
Understanding and Caring co-workers
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73120March 22, 2018
I enjoyed working at childtime, the days were organized well, i learned how to be patient, management was very understanding, the co workers are helpful, the hardest part was leaving, the most enjoyable thing is the children.
Is a good place to work at but too far now
Master Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 28, 2018
I find Childtime a good place of employment but could do better with the training of new staff.A little unorganized but overall not to bad.They dobtreat people fair.
February 15, 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re committed to creating a supportive work environment where every employee is given the opportunity to be successful at work. That begins with ensuring all employees are trained appropriately for their roles, as well as allowing for continuous learning. But we are glad to hear you are enjoying your time as a Teacher at your center. Thanks again.

messy and not clean
Daycare teacher (floater) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 26, 2018
there were so many bugs and spiders just all around. we kept getting told people come out and spray the facility, but we couldn't tell. management let the kids do whatever they want, whenever they want, and how ever they want. another thing, if you want employees, be honest and up front with them in the interview.
Love to work with children
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2018
Daily teaching, required necessities for the children to be able to learn and grow. Workplace culture fun and friendly environment. The hardest part of the job is not being able to give more one on one attention to the children.
February 15, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts as a former Childtime employee! We are happy to hear that you loved your time with the company and working with the children at your center. Thank you for all you did for children and families when with our company. We are glad that you had such a lovely experience.

Good job if you don't mind traveling often.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 2, 2017
I was the only maintenance technician for Childtime during my employment. I was sent to Kansas, Texas, Tulsa, as well as all the Oklahoma City centers to perform maintenance on buildings. It became too much time spent away from my family.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Travel
fun place to work
daycare floater (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 25, 2017
i love the kids, they literally make my day. they’re all very intelligent in their own way. i never would’ve thought all of those kids would touch me in a way that they did
Horrible
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 20, 2017
Stay away. They are consumed with making money. Children and employees are not important. Very stressful. Unorganized. No job security. Raises are a joke.
No Suppport
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 13, 2017
when you ask for help in your classroom, you will be laughed at and told to figure it out yourself. The directors know there are classrooms with violent children and do nothing to split them or give the teachers support.
Stressful
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 9, 2017
Very unorganized and employees are not very cared for. Classes are always crammed together due to lack of workers. The kids are the only thing that keep the employees going back.
productive, but too many employees without childcare experience.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 14, 2017
My work days where busy, but there were too many employees that had no experience in childcare. the directors did not help them to be productive and to learn the rules and regulations for a childcare center. Director lied to me about my pay and would get upset if I would ask about being out of ratio in a mixed ratio class.
Pros
I was able to bond with new children and meet their famiies
Cons
Too unorganized for the children and workers.
Stable chain of daycare centers
Cook/Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 12, 2017
Great for full time and part time opportunities. Clean facilities. Open year around. Stable chain of day care centers.
Very demanding job.
Director (Current Employee) –  oklahoma cityNovember 1, 2016
Must be excellent at multi-tasking.
Must be excellent with staff and parent communication.
Must be willing to work long hours.
Pros
Wonderful working with the children.
Cons
long demanding schedules for the pay.
I would'nt recommend it
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 30, 2015
I loved the children and being in their presents, but the employees and management was so unorganized and behind on a lot.
I taught the pre school class
Master Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 21, 2015
Everyday I would report to my class room and count my students. After which, I would serve them breakfast. Then we would start a day fun play learning. I worked with the school aged children as well.
Long days
Director (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 8, 2015
Probably the most enjoyable part of my day was being able to use coaching moments with the staff. Teaching them new things that they could use to make the learning experiences with the children more enjoyable. Greeting the parents and the children was great. Some of the children would hug you when they would come in and that makes you feel elated. I learned that you must take a breathe and enjoy each moment that you can with each child. Do what you can to make each one feel so special and listen to the parents.
Pros
Definitely the children
Cons
Worked 60 plus hours a week with no work/life balance
amazing place
Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 21, 2014
my job was coming in at 6am getting my class ready for my kids coming in at 8am. I would make my lesson plans out for the month an try to create a many projects as I could for my kids
Pros
seeing their smiling faces every day
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childtime Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.