Childtime Learning Centers Employee Reviews in Virginia Beach, VA

not my first choice
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 11, 2019
Teachers are moved from room to room which makes it hard to get the kids settled and in work mode cause they see 3 to 4 different teachers in one day. No time is given to work on lesson plans and sometimes they would expect me to do that as well as continuing education on my own time and not get paid for it.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
low pay, poor management
March 26, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you that you didn’t experience the support you needed from those around you. If you are open to sharing more about your experience, please reach us at the Employee Hotline: 877-7676-5241. Again, thank you for your feedback.

OK place to work
TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 6, 2019
I enjoy working at child-time. I love the Children and the staff.The need to pay teachers more because we work hard and put or heart sweat and tears in this company. They need better raises and a cheaper health insurance for our families. The management need to show more appreciation for their teachers. The need to stop giving hiring bonus to new teachers and give the teacher that have spent years a bonus.
January 7, 2019

We appreciate your feedback! It is important that our employees not only enjoy their time working with the children at their school, but also build a relationship with their fellow co-workers. We are so happy that you are able to experience this as an employee of Childtime. We also appreciate you sharing your concerns on the management and bonus structure. We take employee concerns and suggestions very seriously and your feedback will be noted for further action. We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging so we appreciate everything you do for your school!

SchoolAge Teacher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 28, 2018
Management of the childtime worked at was horrible. She only cared about her own personal problems and not about anyone in the building. And she would guilt people into doing her work.
Positive workplace,love thechildren
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 24, 2018
Long hours, poor management communication, as one of the late employees my schedule was 9-6 at the ending of the day children from various classes were "dumped" on me daily and it caused lots of stress, Personally with what this company is bringing in financially, they can definitely afford to pay their employees more money with better and affordable heath insurance. I loved my co workers and the children in my care, I offered them an interactive learning experience, however my health began declining and I decided to look elsewhere for employment.
Pros
love for the children
Cons
long stressful hours, poor management communication
Great
Teacher, (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 21, 2018
Great place to work overall, never had any trouble with kids or employees. Great benefits and loved the atmosphere. I really would let anyone know that this is a great place to be.
Pros
Everyone was like family
Fast paced environment. More concerned about business than well being of employees or children.
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 18, 2018
Policies and management are questionable at best. Staff not paid near enough for what they deal with. Staff has huge list of expectations from management and sometimes no support or resources.
February 15, 2018

Thank you for the review. A strong network of peers, school leadership and corporate support all contribute to providing a positive environment for our school-based employees. We’re sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the level of support you received from upper management. Thank you again for sharing your perspective.

Always room for growth
Director (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 3, 2017
Always growing schools. I learned a lot when it came to becoming a good director. Always busy in the life of a director. Enrolling and hiring. Micromanaging is a slight problem. Upper Managements needs to understand a directors life a little bit more.
January 5, 2018

Thank you for the review. As a former employee, we greatly appreciate all you did for the children and families at your center.

It is very fun & fast paced but very stressful
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 25, 2017
I absolutely love working with children. However the staff there were all friends who went to college together. So there were certain things I could not change that were unfair to myself or to the children. IE I could not get raises or get paid full-time. Another employee came in and had zero experience was hired as a teacher above me, full time, then to assistant manager.
Pros
Get to work with children
Cons
Dscrimination
Fun working envoriment
Lead Two-Teacher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed everything about this job. I had a great time working with the children and staff. The management was awesome to work with. The typical day being a teacher is a fast pace and caring to the children.
poor management
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 13, 2017
always had a problem taking a lunch break or getting of on time. had a hard time getting coverage to go to the restroom. could not eat with the kids during snaxk or lunch time.
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor manaement
Fast paced
Lead Teacher, Infant Room Safety Captain (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 9, 2017
Every day is what you make it. Not everyone can wake up and go do what they enjoy. If working with children and developing brains is what you want to do then this is the place for you,
Quick paced
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 24, 2017
Over all Childtime is a good company to work for. It all depends on the management of the center, but experiences will vary being that the children are all not the same. I loved working there because the coworkers made it fun and teaching the kids was extremely fulfilling. Pay was okay, barely above minimum wage, but there are opportunities of advancement.
Pros
Working with children, weekends off
Cons
Okay pay, can be stressful, sometimes more than 8 hours a day
The children are very memorable.
assistant teacher (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 6, 2017
This place is a great place to start of working with children. You get to know and see different types of children in this work environment. This is a fun place to work with and you learn as a person and to grow.
Great Job
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 5, 2015
This job is a great environment for children of all ages, the director, the teachers and the teacher's aides work well with the parents and caregivers with open communication on the progress of their child.
Pros
Great Job Experience
Stressful but rewarding job
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 7, 2014
A typical day at work is very busy and full of adventure. I have learned to exercise a great amount of patience and enjoy all the little moments throughout the day. Keeping a classroom of twenty three yr. olds under control and yet stimulating learning and creating a caring environment takes creativity, resourcefulness and a lot of multi tasking skill. I prioritize the events that need to take place on each specific day with any number of unplanned events that can occur when children are involved. Time management is crucial, and probably one of the hardest things to accomplish. Children do not really understand the concept of time so keeping to a schedule, while also allowing the children to express their spontaneity, is a balancing act. Seeing the children grow and develop, knowing that I have had a positive impact on someone's life is the most rewarding part of my job.
Pros
set schedule, weekends and major holidays off
Cons
no room for growth, low wages
fun place to work
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 26, 2014
I loved working with the kids and learning how to do lesson plans and teach them. it was definitely a great place to work.
Working with children, and many fun people.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 25, 2012
Childtime is an amazing place to work!! I worked with infants and one year olds, and learned many new things at my first real job as a teacher. Management was wonderful, if you need to learn new things, they would help you out immediately to help solve problems, and understand certain things about children.
Pros
hour long lunches, wonderful people and amazing management.
Cons
n/a