Childtime Learning Centers Employee Reviews for Lead Teacher

Horrible experience
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 1, 2019
You do not want to work for this company. They do not treat there employees with any kind of respect. Hands down the worst job I have ever had.Managemt shoes favoritetism. What they tell you during you interview of what you will be doing is NOT AT ALL what you will actually be doing
Pros
Night off and weekends
Cons
Long hours, horrible management, stressful, not enough pay
May 13, 2019

Thank you for your review. At Childtime, we strive to maintain an inclusive and supportive work environment for our employees. We are sad to hear that you didn’t experience this. If you are open to sharing more about your experience, please call our Employee Hotline at 877-767-5241. Again, thank you.

Decent company
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2019
Beware of abusive management that gets away with physically abusing staff at some locations. The kids are kids. Loved seeing their faces light up when they accomplished something.
If you don’t mind bad management and love children this is a good place.
Pros
Free food, paid holidays
Cons
Physically Abusive management
April 30, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As a company, we strive to create a positive environment in our schools and the safety of our children and staff are our top priority. Because of this, your comments are extremely concerning and we take them very seriously. If you have not already contacted the employee hotline or spoken to your HR Manager, please call (877) 767-5241 to share more details about your experience.

would not suggest to anyone
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 23, 2019
I've worked at multiple locations and the work culture is the same. Managers send employees home based on favoritism and not the order they come. there's merely any room for professional development or a raise
Pros
1 hour lunch, fexible fridays
Cons
management, pay, lack of PTO
May 13, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience. As a company, we strive to create a fair and supportive work environment for our employees. Due to this, your comments are concerning and we take them very seriously. If you are open to sharing more, please call the Employee Hotline at 577-767-5241.

Was overlooked
Lead VPK Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLApril 17, 2019
I applied for a position that I had the credentials and years of experience for. After being interviewed and working hard to prove that I deserved the position, another staff member who had none of the credentials (CDA/college degree or years of experience) was selected simply because she spoke Spanish. After the decision was made, I was constantly a "threat" to the staff member chosen and felt like I had a target on my back.
May 2, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience and have left the company. We take current and former employee concerns very seriously. If you are open to sharing more details about your experience, please call our Employee Hotline at (877) 767-5241.

productive place to work
LEAD TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 14, 2019
laid back, stress free environment. willing to work with schedules or things that may come up. fair pay team atmosphere. great management team as well.
April 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Childtime Learning Center! We are so happy to hear that you are having a positive experience. We strive to provide the best care for our children and our staff and with your continued contribution, we are able to make that happen. Thank you for all you do for the company!

fun environment
Lead Teacher and Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDApril 11, 2019
Atmosphere is laid back and fun to work in. The families are wonderful and the staff is like a family. However, there should be more opportunities to move up in the company. Corporate tends to take a little longer to get things done when asked.
Pros
great families
Cons
lack of help from corporate
April 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Childtime Learning Center! Our top priority is creating a safe and friendly environment for the children and we take pride in the family oriented feel of our schools, thank you for your contribution in making Childtime a great place to work! We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with the level of support you are receiving from Support Central. If you are open to sharing more about your experience place call our employee hotline at (877) 767-5241. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Good work environment especially if you love kids
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIApril 1, 2019
I had a great time working for this company. The girls and guys I worked with were awesome. The parents were very invested with the care and development of their children, and the management was awesome.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
none to list
April 4, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Childtime Learning Center! Our top priority is creating a safe and friendly environment for the children and we take pride in the family oriented feel of our schools, thank you for contributing to that while you were a part of our team! We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience! We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

management talks about policies that they don't practice
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAMarch 26, 2019
Hypocritical management with two hour lunchbreaks to ensure no overtime. Constantly over ratio. Sometimes we were double ratio. People who are hired to put us in ratio are just a warm body. They don't do anything to help Lead Teachers like myself. Parents bring their children in sick constantly. Managers expect us to be a janitor, carpet cleaner, sanitizer of toys, while doing assessments, lesson plans, labeling cleaning products while working with broken equipment.
Pros
benefits with childcare discounts
Cons
two hour lunch breaks and sick kids accepted anytime
April 8, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience within your center. As a company, we strive to create a supportive work environment where every employee feels valued and safe. We have marked your concerns for further review. If you are open to sharing more about your experience, please reach out to the Employee Hotline at 877-767-5241. Again, thank you for your review.

Good company to work for
Lead teacher of 4-6-year-old children (Former Employee) –  Florence, KY 41042March 19, 2019
Childtime's admin team were invested in helping all staff and children have everything that they needed. Admin team kept all the staff and families informed of what is going on with the center.
March 21, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Childtime Learning Center! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed working for us! Thank you for all of the contributions you made to your center during your time on our team. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Awesome kids/families, MEAN GIRL management beware
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAFebruary 22, 2019
I will start by saying the kids and families here are AWESOME!!!! They made every stressful day worth it 100%. The only thing I miss about this place. Consistent work schedule. Paid time off. Only Pros. Everyday working here was drama, in every classroom. Teachers walking on eggshells around each other because they don’t get along. So much tension in infant, toddler room and preschool room you could cut it with a knife. Management is like a clique of mean girls from high school, which is odd considering the director is a man. He is a very 2 faced man with 2 yes men (assistant director, and “hall monitor”) at his side. You bring issues to management, nothing gets solved. They constantly talk about employees, laugh at employees, and belittle the ones who did not stand up for themselves. They make posts on Facebook about employees not knowing we all could see. The raise is a joke. 25/50 cents raise every year is a slap in the face for the hard work we do. They also make a lot of broken promises to employees. No advancement at all here. Good luck if applying!
Pros
Kids/families, Pto, Consistent work schedule
Cons
Hostility in work place, management, pay
February 28, 2019

Thank you for your review. We understand the challenges that the ECE field can bring. We are committed to providing a supportive and safe work environment for all employees; and we expect our employees to uphold these standards and to be supportive of one another. The situation you describe is upsetting to read about and we take your concerns very seriously. If you are open to sharing more details about your experience, please call our employee hotline at 866-384-4277. We also appreciate the care you provided to our children and families – thank you for all you did!

Always Something
Lead Teacher (School Age 2& Toddler1) (Former Employee) –  Bedford Heights, OHFebruary 12, 2019
Typical work day, you sometimes don't know what to expect. You may end up doing work that's not potentially you job to do. You get thrown into class rooms with out proper training. Help many times was not available.
Pros
Build relationship with children and family
Cons
Management not listening to your issues
March 14, 2019

Thank you for your review. We understand the challenges that the ECE field can bring. We appreciate your flexibility and we are disappointed that you didn’t always receive the support that we strive to provide for all of our employees. We take your concerns very seriously and will forward your feedback for further review. Again, thank you for sharing your perspective.

Horrible pay
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCJanuary 17, 2019
This is a great transitional job. I just got my bachelors degree and started at $12.75 as a lead teacher in pre-K so this is absolutely nothing but good experience.
Pros
Free lunch, discount
Cons
Pay
January 21, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Childtime Learning Center. As a company, we strive to provide a supportive work environment that offers a development path for a meaningful and fulfilling career. As part of that, we regularly evaluate employee compensation and benefits to ensure they’re competitive within the industry. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

To work with children and their family is great. Administration not so good.
LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Love working with children and their families which are great. The environment is very stressful for parents and teachers. Management doesn't help much solve the problems or issues that arise, they contribute to add more stress and never solve any problems or make it better for anyone. Some teachers are blame for things that are not at fault and doesn't have to do anything with their performance, professionalism or skills. Most often these exceptional teachers are laid off because of poor management skills and professionalism on their behalf to do their job right. Management loves to gossip about their teachers and parents around the center. Is a cut out throat! Teachers, parents and some children of diversity groups are not treated with respect because of color or background history. I Do not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Children, Families, Coworkers are great
Cons
stressful working environment, Management doesn't help either. Everyday there is alot of chaos and gossip around the center.
January 16, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working with the children and the families. I appreciate you sharing your concerns about management. Your feedback has been forwarded for further review and action. Again, thank you for your time and insight.

Not what you will be told at interview
Lead Teacher/Staff Coordinator02 (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 11, 2018
The sale you dreams. Nothing you do there will be good enough, the have to find something wrong with anything you do, and the gossip reminds me of high school! Your never off on time and the management time do not tell you they need you to stay longer they just assume you can. There is a new rule every week, and the energy there is not pleasant. Its not what you know or do for this company its more so who you know
Fun workplace
Lead Teacher (Two's) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2018
Work was pretty fun, the people are nice. The best part of the job was the children. There are so many different personalities. I learned about time management and healthy ways to lead children.
If you love working with children, this is the place to be.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHSeptember 24, 2018
I worked in the toddler room and ran it to a consistent schedule. Childtime has a good curriculum.The children are the best part about this job. They come in and greet you with hugs and they genuinely feel like part of a family. I asked to be full time and was given full time hours. You get a raise if you complete your degree, take a promotion to lead teacher, and annual raises. As with any daycare you go to the salary is a little lower than what you feel you are entitled to with all the work you do, however that is a corporate issue not the individual center. This would be a wonderful job for students, part time work, and even full time as they offer benefits. The parents at the center were understanding and would work with you as much as possible to help further their children's progress along. Management is a big improvement from a couple of years ago. If there is an issue just go to her with your problems and she will try her best to work it out within reason. Overall, I found it a very pleasant place to work in with a very family oriented atmosphere.
Positive workplace,love thechildren
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 24, 2018
Long hours, poor management communication, as one of the late employees my schedule was 9-6 at the ending of the day children from various classes were "dumped" on me daily and it caused lots of stress, Personally with what this company is bringing in financially, they can definitely afford to pay their employees more money with better and affordable heath insurance. I loved my co workers and the children in my care, I offered them an interactive learning experience, however my health began declining and I decided to look elsewhere for employment.
Pros
love for the children
Cons
long stressful hours, poor management communication
Ok place to start, but little room for advancement
LEAD TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 22, 2018
The center I worked at was chronically understaffed and over-enrolled, making for a stressful environment. Although our director was great and made sure we were never out of ratio, it often meant that management were in classes instead of focusing on operations. Long-timers were kept on board even when they were resistant to updating their teaching styles, and were often disrespectful to management, other staff, and children. There was a large turnover in new-hires, probably because the job is high-stress with a meager salary.
Pros
Monthly potlucks, great director, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules
Cons
Potentially long hours, low morale, unprofessional staff, out-of-control classrooms, constant restrictions from corporate
okay
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VASeptember 16, 2018
Overall it is okay. They need a new a/c. Very outdated furniture and toys for the kids. Bathroom is very hot due to washer and dryer in bathroom. The staff are nice and friendly.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
bathroom, old furniture, broken a/c
Do not work for this company
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 4, 2018
working overtime with long breaks (split shifts)
stressful work environment
no credentials needs to be assistant director, creating an ignorant and hostile atmosphere between staff and management
little to no opportunity/room to advance or grow in the company
poor/unfair pay and benefits
Cons
working overtime with long breaks (split shifts)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childtime Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Childtime Learning Centers Reviews by Location