Childtime Learning Centers Employee Reviews for Preschool Teacher

Fun and wonderful care for children
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 7, 2019
Working at Childtime, was truly great. I learned so much there, and had a family based work environment. Everyone there has such a great heart, with a main goal- teach and care for children. From an infant to a middle schooler.
April 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Childtime Learning Center! We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience. We take pride in the family oriented feel of our schools, thank you for contributing to that while you were a part of our team!

Stressful work for little pay
Lead Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 22, 2019
The manager I had may have been the exception, but we never had the materials we needed, including diapers. Often we were understaffed and out of ratio. On occasion I would have to work 12 hours straight because no one else in the building was qualified to take over.
February 25, 2019

We appreciate your feedback. As a company, we strive to provide a positive work environment for our employees. Because of this, we are disappointed to hear you were unsatisfied with the level of support you received from management. We take the concerns you’ve mentioned very seriously, and have noted them for further action. If you are open to sharing more about your experience, please call our Employee Hotline at 866-384-4277. Thank you again for sharing your perspective.

Awesome curriculum
Pre-K Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 30, 2019
A typical day at work was a fast pace environment. A consistent agenda of activities. Working at Child-Time taught me a lot. I became a better teacher. I was very disappointed with management at my location. The workplace for the most part was like a family. Everyone pretty much work together as a team. The hardest part of the job was losing kids due to them going to other schools, or moving out of town. You get attached and saying goodbye is always hard. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching kids develop and grow. Being able to put smiles on their precious little faces. When that happens, I know I am doing my job!
Pros
awesome curriculum
January 31, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're glad to hear your experience as a Childtime Learning Center employee has been a positive one! We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging at times but also very rewarding work. We are disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with the level of support you received from management at your center. If you are open to sharing more about your experience, please call our Employee Hotline at 866-384-4277. Thank you again for sharing your perspective.We appreciate all your contributions during your time on our team and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Terrible Management
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDNovember 12, 2018
While under new management everything about this center has diminished. It is like parent complaints are being ignored by management regarding certain concerns. A lot of great teachers have left the facility causing parents to choose other daycare providers. There is a lot of Drama between the staff members. They talk about one another and are very untruthful. Favoritism is so commonly shown to certain staff members and their children that a lot of things happen and management is unable to perform disciplinary action properly.
Cons
Listed in review
Great place to work.
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXNovember 9, 2018
I enjoyed working here. I learned a lot. The staff and management is very supportive. I had a lot of fun at this school. The parents and students were great to work with.
Awesome management and coworkers
Infant Class Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDNovember 7, 2018
I loved working with kids, but my coworkers were also amazing. I loved that we would have a different class bring breakfast for the staff every morning. It was like we were our own family.
Stressful
Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZNovember 6, 2018
A typical work day is very stressful! Sometimes you you have to wait an hour or more to go to the bathroom. There were timed where we were so understaffed we worked 10 hours with no lunch break. I have nothing positive to say about working there. If I can help it I will never go back. If you are think about applying there DON't! The turnover rate is very high. I can write a book of how terrible this place is.
Pros
Cons
No lunch break
Child Time
Teacher in the Infant & Toddler Room (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 29, 2018
I cared for infants. Helped them learn new things as they got older, like crawling, walking, speech, holding toys and playing with toys.
Keep them happy, fed and loved on them.
Taught other age groups as needed/
Pros
Loving on babies
Cons
Kids always sick
Just a job
Early Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 27, 2018
If what you've done for 2 or more years is childcare, it's easy to get stuck i continuing to do it. The pay is ridiculous and not worth the stress from parents, kids or management.
Job growth
Pre-school Teacher/Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 10, 2018
Loved the fact I help open up the new center in the area. When I was a teacher there with in a short time I had become an assistant director and enjoyed the it very much.
Pros
The chance to move up in the company
Cons
Director was condescending
very hard place to work
Pre-school room teacher 2 & 4 yrs (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 7, 2018
Very uneasy feeling working there. Not much training given and when you ask for help it took along time for the help to come.

Management was more concerned with herself.

hardest part of the job was no help from management
Pros
lunch was free
Cons
no releife
Not a good work place at all.
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 2, 2018
The management is not very caring. They make you feel like you will never be as good as them. They are not supportive to the staff. They are always understaffed due to poor management. Due to low staff the make you work 10-12 hours a day and sometimes with no break. If you have to go to the restroom they make you seem like you are asking for the world. They are all about making money and not about the staff or the families and children.
Unsafe child care.
Lead Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJuly 24, 2018
Most of the teachers did not care about following rules that are put in place to keep children safe. The center was understaffed all the time. Teachers who were sick could not call off work due to no coverage. Children who were sick should be sent home as to not get other children sick. They were too relaxed about this.
Pros
Lunch break every day.
Cons
Understaffed. Poor management.
ChildTime Learning Center, Commerce, Ca.
Lead Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 21, 2018
ChildTime Learning Ctr., is a safe and fun center. The children and families are wonderful to interact with on a daily basis. The infant room is wonderful, warm, and inviting.
A typical day
Toddler-Two Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 17, 2018
I entered the setting of toddlers and twos; therefore, it was never a dull day something was always going to happen fun. I enjoyed the children the most.
Very stressful and lack in job advancement
Primary Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 16, 2018
Since this school is private, not many resources were given. Staff is underpaid for the job description. Do not ever be expected to be off on time. When children not many children come to school, classes are combined and teachers are told to go home since they are in ratio.
Teaching Is Rewarding!
Preschool Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 16, 2018
Going to work each day is unpredictable, which is fun. Everyday I get to play while teaching. I laugh a lot, which I feel is medicine to the soul and keeps me young at heart.

I have learned that children have to develop mentally, emotionally, and physically in different phases and stages of their lives.

Fortunately I have worked for my supervisor for 20 years and have learned a lot of valuable lessons, both professionally and personally.

Diversity in the workplace is always a positive. You get opportunity to learn about different peoples cultures, how they live and grew up; you might be surprised that you may have somethings in common. Also, you could possibly make a friend.

The hardest part of my job is taking care of a child from infancy until 5 years and having to see them graduate from Pre-K, knowing that they're leaving my care and moving on to the next phase of their lives.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having the HONOR of being able to shape and develop young minds. Being an Early Childhood Educator affords you the opportunity to help children want to become doctors, lawyers, and educators. Who can grow into productive, contributors in society.
Pros
The children and the continual education courses.
Cons
Extremely low pay rates.
awesome place
Preschool Teacher Child Time (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJuly 9, 2018
The one that I worked at was very nice and well managed. Like most daycare though, do go there in person and check out the area before you decide on sending your child. Different places have different owners and they take care of each school differently.
Do not work here
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 9, 2018
Management is unorganized and unprofessional

Company standards set you up for failure. Working here and trying to be a “good teacher” or employee is like being blind trying to get out of a maze that doesn’t actually have an exit.

No support from management. No help with problem solving. Unprofessionalal behaviors and favoritism. Gossip, lies and drama. It might as well be a reality show here.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Everything about the job is terrible
productive
Infant 2 Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 9, 2018
great place to keep learning with staff and families . i truly enjoyed my work family. everyone was on one accord. I'm grateful for working at this center it gave me more to look forward to in a different setting from what i was use to in a work place.
Pros
happy families
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childtime Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.