Childtime Learning Centers Employee Reviews for Teacher

Uncaring about their teachers
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 3, 2019
While my coworkers were amazing to work with and fun to be around, management made working there difficult and stressful. They did not let you know your work schedule in advance, would change your work schedule without notice and do not care if a teacher had a prior commitment (like an appointment) even if they were notified weeks in advance. Breaks were never set on a regular schedule and people who wanted to work more hours were told to leave early, while we were left with barely enough people to cover ratio. I would not recommend working at childtime.
Pros
working with kids, great coworkers
Cons
irregular schedule, uncaring management team
April 15, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working with your coworkers in your center. Childtime is committed to providing a positive and safe work environment. The unpredictable nature of the childcare business sometimes does require us to redistribute teachers to ensure all children are appropriately supervised at all times. The concerns that you have mentioned regarding management involving staffing are ones that we take very seriously. Thanks again for the feedback.

Fun environment with Friendly Workplace
TEACHER (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 31, 2019
Childtime is a great place to work. It has many stressful aspects, but the management and staff are phenomenal. Working with children isn't for everyone. You have to have patience, strong work ethic, and a kind heart. These children count on you to be there for them every day and if you can't do that and you're not reliable this isn't the job for you.
Pros
Strong Bonds and Funenvironment
Cons
May have to stay past designated time to be off
April 1, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Childtime Learning Center! We are so happy to hear you are having a positive experience during your time on our team! We take pride in maintaining a positive workplace environment for our employees and our team plays a huge role in that – thank you for your contribution in making Childtime a great place to work! We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging so we appreciate all that you do for your center.

temporary job
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 23, 2019
I have worked in a different daycare back in 2000-2001 and but this time was different. Not sure if it was because now my own 2 children were there and I saw thing in a different way but it definitely wasn't as enjoyable the second time around.
Pros
my kids were able to attend at a discounted price
Cons
environment just wasn't as enjoyable to work at.
March 25, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience and have left the company. We take current and former employee concerns very seriously. If you are open to sharing more details about your experience, please call our Employee Hotline at (877) 767-5241.

Teacher (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAFebruary 3, 2019
I have been there for some years and I have seen a lot. First, the pay is not equal or fair, they don't go by experience. The director go by who kiss her but or bring her dirt that she can use on other, families or employers. I never thought I would ever see a place where the director is caught up in a lot of he say she say. If she don't like you then you will not get that many hours. The schedule will say one thing but she will have her do girls to tell you to get off the clock, even if you just been there for 4 1/2 hrs. This place is a messy, they need a new director and asst. director, its all about favoritism.
February 7, 2019

Thank you for your insight. At Childtime, our aim is to create an inclusive and rewarding working environment where everyone feels valued and listened to. We are sorry to hear that this was not your experience with our management. In regards to pay, we routinely evaluate our compensation to ensure our wages are competitive geographically and within the industry and we will continue to do so. Your concerns have been forwarded for further review. If you are open to sharing more details about your personal experience, please call our Employee Hotline at 866-384-4277. Again, thank you for your comments.

I was in love with it at first now im there for the kids
Float Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 30, 2019
At first I thought it was awesome, now I want to leave. I expected more money for my college degree but they have yet to put in into to OCCRRA account just so I can know what level I am at. And if you are not full time you don't get holiday pay. My boss knew that when I started that I wanted to be full time but they would have me work 30+ hours for like two weeks, sometimes a month straight then 20 something hours the next week. Now after six months I finally average 30 hours instead of the constant 29 hours. I also haven't gotten vacation hours or a raise which I was told I would have by now. I also do not like the way you have to close up a classroom doing only the basic of things not even the bare minimum. They say to look at the checklist knowing it can't be done in 15 minutes like they request. I also wish we had better resources to clean the toys properly and maybe they could actually make everyone clean them or assist us. They only enforce certain rules when it's convenient for them at the expense of the teacher who has to suffer. When kids get sick I've given up on the idea that they would get sent home. And many of the kids who cause many incident reports don't even get sent home.
Pros
hour long break
Cons
too much for me
January 31, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Childtime Learning Center. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with the pay and benefits you have received as an LCG employee. All employees are reviewed for compensation increases at the beginning of the fiscal year in July, employees are also able to move from part time positions to full time positions. We take employee concerns very seriously and we regularly evaluate employee compensation and benefits to ensure they’re competitive within the industry. Our schools also have strict policies about sick children in classrooms, so your comments are very concerning. If you are open to sharing more details on your personal experience, please call our Employee Hotline at 866-384-4277. Thank you for sharing your perspective, we appreciate everything you do for your center.

Horrible Company
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJanuary 28, 2019
When I first came to this job, I was excited about working with the children and staff only to have the AD disrespect me like I was a child. After that the staff had so many turnovers I have had at least 15 different co workers and 3 Directors. There is a history of the people that have worked their over 15 -20 years rule the place. Though they treated the longest working lady horribly.. She was forced to retire. Management is horrible and being ran by the Assisistant. She makes it known when she is going to get rid of any new director she doesn’t like because she is never being promoted. They work out of ratio and no materials are provided. You have to spend your only money to make your classroom run effectively.
Pros
Good Families
Cons
Management, licensing issues, cliques, old furniture and outdated equipment
January 31, 2019

Thank you for your review. At Childtime, we strive to provide a supportive, kind, and inclusive work environment that offers future opportunities for growth and success. We are sorry to hear you did not experience this during your time with us. Your concerns have been recorded and forwarded for further review. If you feel comfortable discussing you experience further, please call our Employee Hotline at (866) 384-4277. Again, thank you for sharing your experience.

Not a good work environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJanuary 10, 2019
When I first started my job I was told the hours I would be working and by day 3 they already changed them which cut down my hours completely resulting in cutting my pay and they didn’t seem to care. The people were not very welcoming. Coworkers were very judgement, stuck up people. Did not fit it or felt like I belonged at all. The teacher I worked with never spoke to me or tried to really help in at way and didn’t seem the care for children that much. The only 2 people I spoke with didn’t care for the job that much either but stayed for the children. Management seemed to be doing there best but never seemed to treat their employees right. Pay wasn’t that good compared to the everyday stress you go through. Overall i would just describe it as a very negative work environment to be in, the only thing that got me through everyday working there was the children I got to teach but I just couldn’t do it anymore.
Pros
Working with the children
Cons
Coworkers, management and pay.
January 16, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. At Childtime, we celebrate our welcoming staff and are sorry hear about your poor experience with our staff and management. Your concerns have been notated for further review. Again, thank you for your insight.

OK place to work
TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 6, 2019
I enjoy working at child-time. I love the Children and the staff.The need to pay teachers more because we work hard and put or heart sweat and tears in this company. They need better raises and a cheaper health insurance for our families. The management need to show more appreciation for their teachers. The need to stop giving hiring bonus to new teachers and give the teacher that have spent years a bonus.
January 7, 2019

We appreciate your feedback! It is important that our employees not only enjoy their time working with the children at their school, but also build a relationship with their fellow co-workers. We are so happy that you are able to experience this as an employee of Childtime. We also appreciate you sharing your concerns on the management and bonus structure. We take employee concerns and suggestions very seriously and your feedback will be noted for further action. We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging so we appreciate everything you do for your school!

Childtime
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Camby, INDecember 4, 2018
Very relaxed among teachers, a lot of random activity though thrown at you, no sick leave, need to remind manage to put in pto, standards don't necessarily match with state regulations
Pros
hour long lunch
Cons
pto, sick leave, etc
SchoolAge Teacher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 28, 2018
Management of the childtime worked at was horrible. She only cared about her own personal problems and not about anyone in the building. And she would guilt people into doing her work.
Child time
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 13, 2018
Childtime was a great experience for me,ive been working with children forever an that us what i liked to do.I have a few documents of me completing from working with children.
Lots of kids
teacher selects a daily focus for children (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2018
• Responsible for planning daily activities such as sing songs, and art projects.
• Planned weekly lesson in which the teacher selects a daily focus for children.
• Created curriculum that helps them prepare themselves for preschool by developing the understanding of new concepts language vocabulary, and sensory motor skills.
• Promoted physical, creative, and social/emotional development
Pros
Daily activities
Cons
Have to pay attention at all time.
Great team to work with.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VANovember 7, 2018
Childtime is an awesome daycare facility for your child to learn and grow. The team that I worked with were amazing people and almost like a second family to me. I love the kids and the parents are just as great and overall it's a very rewarding job!
teaching
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 6, 2018
being able to have the freedom to run the classroom and put different things together for the children knowing you have the support from not only your co workers but the management staff as well is amazing
Chaotic and crazy, but also worth it.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXOctober 30, 2018
Being a teacher at Childtime Daycare was a chaotic atmosphere, due to the many kids and the lacking of strong management.

Often, employees would call out or just not show up and no consequences for this would be seen. Though the director was friendly and very caring, there would be times that she would be very stressed and flustered, not seeming in control.

With that said, I did enjoy working there, as I was able to get better with interacting with children of all the ages there.
Pros
Fun kids, parties, gifts from parents on occasion.
Cons
Crazy kids, better management needed.
Excellent place to work.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 29, 2018
I loved what I did at Childtime, the staff were great. The children were very fun to work with, but it was fast-paced so it may not be for everyone. I had a lot of fun taking care of the children and teaching them fun exciting projects through the curriculum. I learned a lot about how to properly care for children within the professional setting.The culture within the workplace was easy-going. Probably the most difficult part of the job was keeping up with everything that needs to be done within a week; such as cleaning charts, keeping everything clean while also providing fun activities for the children to excel and learn. The management was absolutely amazing. I loved working with the teachers and the director. They provided meaningful advice when asked and even assisted me with situations I was unfamiliar with. The most enjoyable part of working at Childtime was the impact I had on the kids and the meaningful relationships I made with them and the staff.
Pros
Free lunches when there were extras, amazing friendly staff.
Cons
Fast paced style of work.
Not Great
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAOctober 27, 2018
You are not paid enough for the things you deal with, the management is like a clique and are not good at communicating. Most of the staff is amazing and work great together, but the management sits in the front office on their phones or computers constantly.
Pros
Great staff, rewarding with children, consistent hours
Cons
Pay, management, bathrooms, furniture
Terrible Childcare
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLSeptember 18, 2018
The staff is terrible. I always saw the director crying. Teachers were inconsistent. Would never recommend or send my child here, ever. The teachers are mean and don't respect the children. Worst place ever.
Fun learning enviornment
Teacher, Grade (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 3, 2018
Fun engaging with the children. Support from administration . Work culture. Student growth, and parents participation. This was a most enjoyable job
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
No breaks at all
Lack of support and overworked lead teachers
Teacher (Current Employee) –  IowaJune 20, 2018
I have worked as a lead in an a center, and it has been a very stressful environment. I have often been left over ratio. Nap time staffing rules (only 1 hour out of ratio for nap is legal) are not followed. I often had 16 children awake and no second teacher. All supplies for my class have come out of pocket. There is very little planning time (less than 30 minutes in the last 4 weeks), so I’m losing family time and working from home. Hours are inconsistent, so between paying for supplies myself and short hours, it is hard to make ends meet. There is potential if the company will just invest in updating classrooms and providing or reimbursing supplies.
Pros
Children and families are wonderful to work with
Cons
Lack of classroom support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childtime Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Childtime Learning Centers Reviews by Location