Childtime Learning Centers Employee Reviews

Great company
Director (Current Employee) –  2004 School on Battleground in Greensboro NCMay 13, 2019
Nice Mangers great place to work. Very family friendly and great customer service. Verry big company with a lot of opportunity to advance in the company
Hard work but can be rewarding.
Director (Current Employee) –  MidwestMay 13, 2019
This is a challenging job that takes hard work and dedication. This is not babysitting. This is not a high paying field. This is teaching full lesson plans, assessments and documentation. On top of teaching life skills: diapers, potty training, how to eat, table manners, how to learn, how to play, conflict resolution and more. You have to have great customer service and be able to treat each day, each child with a fresh start. When done right it is very rewarding you help prepare a child for the world around them and help them to grow and learn.
Great place to work!
0809 - Director (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 13, 2019
I have been working for LCG for over 10 years, and I love my team. Everyone is very caring and supportive. With my work schedule, I'm able to meet the needs of my family, schedule appointments, and continue working towards my degree. I started working as an assistant teacher, and am now moving towards a management position. This is a great, clean, and respectful environment to work at.
Director
Director (Current Employee) –  CT 0639May 13, 2019
The best part about my job are the endless hugs from all the kiddos!!! The hard part is leaving work at work and having work life balance. I love working with dedicated teachers.
I enjoy me job
Director (Current Employee) –  CT0638May 13, 2019
I enjoy my job for the most part. I love my direct manager. She creates positive relationships with her team (subordinates) and ALWAYS finds ways to motivate us. Some of the daily tasks can become slightly overwhelming, but I am always able to ask for help. The actual work environment is pretty cool. There aren't too many work settings where you can literally go play with children when the day becomes a bit overwhelming. It's an instant stress reliever. The best part for me....I get to bring my children to work with me everyday at a significantly lower rate.
Childtime
Director (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 13, 2019
I have worked for Childtime since 2005, beginning as an Assistant Teacher and working my way up to Director. I love that Childtime and Learning Care Group gives their employees advancement opportunities. The best part of my job is building lasting relationships with families and staff. I love hiring new teachers that are just starting out in their career and watching how they grow with the company and as a teacher in general. I hope to continue to grow and advance within the company.
Welcome to our center
0823 - School Staff (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 13, 2019
our center is a wonderful place to work and to enroll children in. we are a center filled with love and respect for the children in our care. Ready to educate and help them develop as they learn and grow. .
Childtime
Director (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 13, 2019
My experience with Childtime has been nothing but positive. I previously worked for the company when I was in college and have returned back several years later. Each center has a different dynamic but our center is amazing! Our teachers are a great team, we have fun, we support one another and we love our kiddos.
If you want to make a difference and are not afraid of getting a little messy, this just might be the job for you.
Director (Current Employee) –  Central CAMay 13, 2019
Learning Care Group is a great place to work if you LOVE children, building relationships, personal growth and having fun in a fast-paced environment. It isn't an easy job- it is messy, pulls on your heartstrings and sometimes it smells bad. But there is nothing like watching a child grow and develop into an amazing little person and knowing that you contributed to that. LCG offers on-going training and even programs for continuing education.
director
Director (Current Employee) –  VacavilleMay 13, 2019
I love working for Childtime, I have been with the company for 20 years. I started as a teacher and worked my way up through the company. I have been a Director for 14 years.
feedback
Director (Current Employee) –  RochesterMay 13, 2019
Unrealistic expectations by corporate. Not compensated fairly for workload. Most teachers have 2 jobs because they don't make enough. No reward for longevity. Teachers who work for the company 20+ years make less than new teachers coming in.
I love working here, you would too!
Director (Current Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MichiganMay 13, 2019
I just love working for this company, I started out over 15 years ago, fresh out of high school. Throughout the years I have grown and accomplished so much, and now am a director of a school. The hardest part of the job is trying to make everyone happy. The best parts are watching your staff team, and the children in your school accomplish so much, as well as working for a supportive and wonderful company.
The children are very loveable.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIMay 11, 2019
the hardest part of the job is getting the children to learn new task. A typical day at work is fast paced. I have learned the licensing rules of a Day Care Center. Management is sometimes unorganized. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the children at the end of the day tired and ready to go home with their family.
Pros
One Hour Lunch Break
Cons
Feeling under paid for the resposibilllty of the job
May 13, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging so we appreciate everything you do for your center! As a company, we strive to provide a supportive work environment that offers a development path for a meaningful and fulfilling career. As part of that, we regularly evaluate employee compensation and benefits to ensure they’re competitive geographically within the industry. Thank you again for your review.

Terrible job with terrible management
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMay 9, 2019
I would give this place zero stars if I could, the management is the worst management I’ve ever had in my six years of working, if you’re sick and ask to leave early you won’t be able to because they don’t have enough staff. The turn over is the worst I’ve ever seen. Just recently I’ve had my hours changed not by choice but it’s gone from 40 to 27 1/2. I’ve been there for a year and they just randomly change my hours and I have no choice but to accept them otherwise I won’t have a job. I have been looking for jobs pretty much since I started this isn’t my field anyways I’m a baker but wanted to try something new and I love working with kids and the kids are great they’re the only good thing about the job, and the couple coworkers I’ve become friends with but majority of them just gossip all day and the management does it too which is very unprofessional and there is just too much drama. The job was good as something temporarily but it’s time for me to move on, also the amount of times I’ve gotten sick since working here is ridiculous and this place is dirty. Employees changing diapers and serving food without gloves on. Disgusting. I usually get a sinus infection once or twice a year but the amount I’ve gotten in the past year I can’t even count and stomach bugs too which I never get. And you work ridiculously long hours and are extremely underpaid for it. If I could go back I never would have applied here, way too many cons compared to pros.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Underpaid Long hours Terrible management
High stress environment with constant changes, and nothing to help transition to these changes.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIMay 7, 2019
Everyone was always gossiping about each other, management does not take responsibility for anything, and everyone is over worked. So nobody is ever happy. The only reason I was given a raise to $11/hr was because they started hiring unqualified workers and offered them higher hourly rates than workers that have been there for YEARS.
Pros
long breaks (1 hour)
Don’t Do It
Child Care Teacher (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 4, 2019
I hate this place, probably the worst place I’ve ever worked for. They don’t care about their employees & the price the parents pay weekly is ridiculous compared to what the kids are getting for breakfast, lunches & snacks.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Everything.
May 13, 2019

Thank you for your review. At Childtime, we strive to maintain a caring and supportive environment for our employees and the families we serve. We are sad to hear that you didn’t experience this within your center. If you haven’t yet discussed your concerns with your manager or HR, please reach out to the Employee Hotline at 877-767-5241.

Horrible experience
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 1, 2019
You do not want to work for this company. They do not treat there employees with any kind of respect. Hands down the worst job I have ever had.Managemt shoes favoritetism. What they tell you during you interview of what you will be doing is NOT AT ALL what you will actually be doing
Pros
Night off and weekends
Cons
Long hours, horrible management, stressful, not enough pay
May 13, 2019

Thank you for your review. At Childtime, we strive to maintain an inclusive and supportive work environment for our employees. We are sad to hear that you didn’t experience this. If you are open to sharing more about your experience, please call our Employee Hotline at 877-767-5241. Again, thank you.

Decent company
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2019
Beware of abusive management that gets away with physically abusing staff at some locations. The kids are kids. Loved seeing their faces light up when they accomplished something.
If you don’t mind bad management and love children this is a good place.
Pros
Free food, paid holidays
Cons
Physically Abusive management
April 30, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As a company, we strive to create a positive environment in our schools and the safety of our children and staff are our top priority. Because of this, your comments are extremely concerning and we take them very seriously. If you have not already contacted the employee hotline or spoken to your HR Manager, please call (877) 767-5241 to share more details about your experience.

would not suggest to anyone
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 23, 2019
I've worked at multiple locations and the work culture is the same. Managers send employees home based on favoritism and not the order they come. there's merely any room for professional development or a raise
Pros
1 hour lunch, fexible fridays
Cons
management, pay, lack of PTO
May 13, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience. As a company, we strive to create a fair and supportive work environment for our employees. Due to this, your comments are concerning and we take them very seriously. If you are open to sharing more, please call the Employee Hotline at 577-767-5241.

Awful management
Assistant teacher (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIApril 19, 2019
Very disorganized. Childish management , wasn’t good at communicating. Did not pay well enough for all the work we did. No benefits and did not get paid time off or sick time until 6 months of working full time and even then I did not get it.
May 2, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience. As a company, we regularly evaluate employee compensation and benefits to ensure they’re competitive geographically and within the industry. Unfortunately, due to the unpredictable world of ECE, we may not be able to honor all PTO requests due to scheduling challenges. We want you to know that we take your concerns very seriously. If you haven’t already spoken to your center director about the issue, please call our Employee Hotline at 866-767-5241

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childtime Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.