Childtime Learning Centers Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, but corporate does not take care of their employees.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 3, 2019
Fun & flexible place to work, but the company does not pay the teachers enough for what they do. There is a teacher there who has been working there for 16 years & is only getting paid $12. It’s sad.
Official response from Childtime Learning Centers
January 11, 2019

Thank you for sharing your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoy working with the children and the families at our center. We routinely evaluate our compensation to ensure our wages are competitive geographically and within the industry. Again, thank you so much for your insights.

Do not work here
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIDecember 13, 2018
Childtime is not a place for somebody trying to make a living. They pay very low and give 10€ raises once a year. That’s a joke of a raise. There always gossip and drama from it being ALL women workers. It’s is just not a good time working here.
Cons
Low pay no break room low staff
Not what you will be told at interview
Lead Teacher/Staff Coordinator02 (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 11, 2018
The sale you dreams. Nothing you do there will be good enough, the have to find something wrong with anything you do, and the gossip reminds me of high school! Your never off on time and the management time do not tell you they need you to stay longer they just assume you can. There is a new rule every week, and the energy there is not pleasant. Its not what you know or do for this company its more so who you know
Offers the opportunity to always advance
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 10, 2018
My time and experience with Childtime Learning Center would be describe as decent. They saw the potential that I had to be an lead teacher and encouraged me to do more with my career. I enjoyed the people and parents I worked with. The environment in itself was welcoming. I definitely appreciate the opportunity I had to work with them even in such a short period of time. My only concern is that they may deny a transfer between locations. In certain situations you would have had to have been there for a certain period of time and have kept a steady schedule meaning- you can not have any unknown or random call outs and or be late. I totally understand the requirements but I’m some cases as in mine a transfer is very detrimental. But overall that didn’t change my view on how I feel about the company. I still would love to work for them again someday if it be in gods will.
Childtime
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Camby, INDecember 4, 2018
Very relaxed among teachers, a lot of random activity though thrown at you, no sick leave, need to remind manage to put in pto, standards don't necessarily match with state regulations
Pros
hour long lunch
Cons
pto, sick leave, etc
SchoolAge Teacher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 28, 2018
Management of the childtime worked at was horrible. She only cared about her own personal problems and not about anyone in the building. And she would guilt people into doing her work.
n/a
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 20, 2018
terrible place to work. wouldn't recommend putting your children in the facility in troy either. children don't learn anything. i would not recommend
Child time
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 13, 2018
Childtime was a great experience for me,ive been working with children forever an that us what i liked to do.I have a few documents of me completing from working with children.
Terrible Management
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDNovember 12, 2018
While under new management everything about this center has diminished. It is like parent complaints are being ignored by management regarding certain concerns. A lot of great teachers have left the facility causing parents to choose other daycare providers. There is a lot of Drama between the staff members. They talk about one another and are very untruthful. Favoritism is so commonly shown to certain staff members and their children that a lot of things happen and management is unable to perform disciplinary action properly.
Cons
Listed in review
Fun and adventurous
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHNovember 11, 2018
A typical work day consisted of caring for and teaching infants and children. Due to working with preschool and pre-k classes, something new and exciting happened each day. Teachers and management worked closely with one another, creating a fun and peaceful environment.
Great place to work.
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXNovember 9, 2018
I enjoyed working here. I learned a lot. The staff and management is very supportive. I had a lot of fun at this school. The parents and students were great to work with.
Lots of kids
teacher selects a daily focus for children (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2018
• Responsible for planning daily activities such as sing songs, and art projects.
• Planned weekly lesson in which the teacher selects a daily focus for children.
• Created curriculum that helps them prepare themselves for preschool by developing the understanding of new concepts language vocabulary, and sensory motor skills.
• Promoted physical, creative, and social/emotional development
Pros
Daily activities
Cons
Have to pay attention at all time.
Great team to work with.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VANovember 7, 2018
Childtime is an awesome daycare facility for your child to learn and grow. The team that I worked with were amazing people and almost like a second family to me. I love the kids and the parents are just as great and overall it's a very rewarding job!
Awesome management and coworkers
Infant Class Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDNovember 7, 2018
I loved working with kids, but my coworkers were also amazing. I loved that we would have a different class bring breakfast for the staff every morning. It was like we were our own family.
teaching
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 6, 2018
being able to have the freedom to run the classroom and put different things together for the children knowing you have the support from not only your co workers but the management staff as well is amazing
Stressful
Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZNovember 6, 2018
A typical work day is very stressful! Sometimes you you have to wait an hour or more to go to the bathroom. There were timed where we were so understaffed we worked 10 hours with no lunch break. I have nothing positive to say about working there. If I can help it I will never go back. If you are think about applying there DON't! The turnover rate is very high. I can write a book of how terrible this place is.
Pros
Cons
No lunch break
Great Children
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 4, 2018
If you love children this is the job for you! but the pay isnt worth the headache. They want you to work but dont want to pay you for the work that you do at all
Pros
children
Cons
attitude pay rate
Chaotic and crazy, but also worth it.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXOctober 30, 2018
Being a teacher at Childtime Daycare was a chaotic atmosphere, due to the many kids and the lacking of strong management.

Often, employees would call out or just not show up and no consequences for this would be seen. Though the director was friendly and very caring, there would be times that she would be very stressed and flustered, not seeming in control.

With that said, I did enjoy working there, as I was able to get better with interacting with children of all the ages there.
Pros
Fun kids, parties, gifts from parents on occasion.
Cons
Crazy kids, better management needed.
Excellent place to work.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 29, 2018
I loved what I did at Childtime, the staff were great. The children were very fun to work with, but it was fast-paced so it may not be for everyone. I had a lot of fun taking care of the children and teaching them fun exciting projects through the curriculum. I learned a lot about how to properly care for children within the professional setting.The culture within the workplace was easy-going. Probably the most difficult part of the job was keeping up with everything that needs to be done within a week; such as cleaning charts, keeping everything clean while also providing fun activities for the children to excel and learn. The management was absolutely amazing. I loved working with the teachers and the director. They provided meaningful advice when asked and even assisted me with situations I was unfamiliar with. The most enjoyable part of working at Childtime was the impact I had on the kids and the meaningful relationships I made with them and the staff.
Pros
Free lunches when there were extras, amazing friendly staff.
Cons
Fast paced style of work.
Child Time
Teacher in the Infant & Toddler Room (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 29, 2018
I cared for infants. Helped them learn new things as they got older, like crawling, walking, speech, holding toys and playing with toys.
Keep them happy, fed and loved on them.
Taught other age groups as needed/
Pros
Loving on babies
Cons
Kids always sick

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childtime Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.