Childtime Learning Centers Employee Reviews

Just a job
Early Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 27, 2018
If what you've done for 2 or more years is childcare, it's easy to get stuck i continuing to do it. The pay is ridiculous and not worth the stress from parents, kids or management.
Not Great
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAOctober 27, 2018
You are not paid enough for the things you deal with, the management is like a clique and are not good at communicating. Most of the staff is amazing and work great together, but the management sits in the front office on their phones or computers constantly.
Pros
Great staff, rewarding with children, consistent hours
Cons
Pay, management, bathrooms, furniture
Fun workplace
Lead Teacher (Two's) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2018
Work was pretty fun, the people are nice. The best part of the job was the children. There are so many different personalities. I learned about time management and healthy ways to lead children.
If you love working with children, this is the place to be.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHSeptember 24, 2018
I worked in the toddler room and ran it to a consistent schedule. Childtime has a good curriculum.The children are the best part about this job. They come in and greet you with hugs and they genuinely feel like part of a family. I asked to be full time and was given full time hours. You get a raise if you complete your degree, take a promotion to lead teacher, and annual raises. As with any daycare you go to the salary is a little lower than what you feel you are entitled to with all the work you do, however that is a corporate issue not the individual center. This would be a wonderful job for students, part time work, and even full time as they offer benefits. The parents at the center were understanding and would work with you as much as possible to help further their children's progress along. Management is a big improvement from a couple of years ago. If there is an issue just go to her with your problems and she will try her best to work it out within reason. Overall, I found it a very pleasant place to work in with a very family oriented atmosphere.
Positive workplace,love thechildren
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 24, 2018
Long hours, poor management communication, as one of the late employees my schedule was 9-6 at the ending of the day children from various classes were "dumped" on me daily and it caused lots of stress, Personally with what this company is bringing in financially, they can definitely afford to pay their employees more money with better and affordable heath insurance. I loved my co workers and the children in my care, I offered them an interactive learning experience, however my health began declining and I decided to look elsewhere for employment.
Pros
love for the children
Cons
long stressful hours, poor management communication
Teacher Assistant
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ahwatukee, AZSeptember 23, 2018
Welcomed each parent and child as they entered. make sure child put their belonging in the proper area. My class room was very fun I worked well with the lead teacher. However with me working so well management refused to upgrade my job and title. I went through all the training and she allowed me to be a lead but refused lead pay. management was very rude to parent and employees (tone).
Pros
Happy children
Cons
Managment
Ok place to start, but little room for advancement
LEAD TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 22, 2018
The center I worked at was chronically understaffed and over-enrolled, making for a stressful environment. Although our director was great and made sure we were never out of ratio, it often meant that management were in classes instead of focusing on operations. Long-timers were kept on board even when they were resistant to updating their teaching styles, and were often disrespectful to management, other staff, and children. There was a large turnover in new-hires, probably because the job is high-stress with a meager salary.
Pros
Monthly potlucks, great director, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules
Cons
Potentially long hours, low morale, unprofessional staff, out-of-control classrooms, constant restrictions from corporate
Wasn't what I expected
worked in differnt rooms (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 18, 2018
This was my first job in a child care setting and I was not as ready as I thought. I grew up babysitting but this was completely different! Just think, you're in a two year old room with at least 15 children and you have to change diapers every hour and just when you get done, you have to start ALL over!! What happened to just changing a diaper on an as needed basis? If you ask me that seems pretty wasteful! Being a mother of 4 kids myself, although they are all teenagers now, that can get quiet costly since the parent is the one that has to provide the diapers and wipes. And I'm pretty sure the cost has gone up since! My favorite room was the infant room, I loved to just sit and cuddle and hold the babies.
Terrible Childcare
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLSeptember 18, 2018
The staff is terrible. I always saw the director crying. Teachers were inconsistent. Would never recommend or send my child here, ever. The teachers are mean and don't respect the children. Worst place ever.
okay
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VASeptember 16, 2018
Overall it is okay. They need a new a/c. Very outdated furniture and toys for the kids. Bathroom is very hot due to washer and dryer in bathroom. The staff are nice and friendly.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
bathroom, old furniture, broken a/c
fun and exciting place to work
Food Specialist / Bus driver / Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chester, VASeptember 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time here. Many days i miss it. Great company and great people to bond with. Great hours and great staff and parents as well. Enjoyed my job and tile while there. Got along with all staff and management.
Great company
Director (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 13, 2018
Great company to work for if you have a love of working with children. There is lots of room for advancement. The company offers a great benefit package
Job growth
Pre-school Teacher/Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 10, 2018
Loved the fact I help open up the new center in the area. When I was a teacher there with in a short time I had become an assistant director and enjoyed the it very much.
Pros
The chance to move up in the company
Cons
Director was condescending
Do not work for this company
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 4, 2018
working overtime with long breaks (split shifts)
stressful work environment
no credentials needs to be assistant director, creating an ignorant and hostile atmosphere between staff and management
little to no opportunity/room to advance or grow in the company
poor/unfair pay and benefits
Cons
working overtime with long breaks (split shifts)
Fun learning enviornment
Teacher, Grade (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 3, 2018
Fun engaging with the children. Support from administration . Work culture. Student growth, and parents participation. This was a most enjoyable job
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
No breaks at all
Great job
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYAugust 31, 2018
Not very good pay or benefits people can not make a living off of childcare jobs. This was one of my favorite jobs over, sadly had to have a second job to servive.
It's ok
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 12, 2018
I worked for them for three years and some centers like Taft are run very well and are a delight to work at. Other centers are not so we'll ran and the directors can be ruthless, not much care for staff and you can be treated as replaceable.
Pros
Co-workers are friendly and Good teachers
Cons
Can be thrown under the bus to protect the company
childtime
Daycare Teacher Float (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 9, 2018
This is a good job for someone looking to gain experience in working with kids and gaining the knowledge of early childhood education but childtime as a company is just selfish they dont appreciate there workers
very hard place to work
Pre-school room teacher 2 & 4 yrs (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 7, 2018
Very uneasy feeling working there. Not much training given and when you ask for help it took along time for the help to come.

Management was more concerned with herself.

hardest part of the job was no help from management
Pros
lunch was free
Cons
no releife
Not a good work place at all.
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 2, 2018
The management is not very caring. They make you feel like you will never be as good as them. They are not supportive to the staff. They are always understaffed due to poor management. Due to low staff the make you work 10-12 hours a day and sometimes with no break. If you have to go to the restroom they make you seem like you are asking for the world. They are all about making money and not about the staff or the families and children.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childtime Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.