Chili's
66Average
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from Chili's:

Chili's Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA33 reviews
Efficient workplace environment based on teamwork and speed of service
A typical day serving at Chili's requires you to constantly be alert for anything the customer needs. You will work with team members on ensuring a positive experience for the guest. The hardest part about the job is dealing with our kitchen, sometimes they are slow so that affects my tip rate.
This location was best place I ever worked.
This location was literally the best place I've ever worked. The management was amazing co-workers I loved business was good and I made good money. Wish I didn't have to move or I'd still be working there.
Customer Oriented Environment
Server at fast-paced family-friendly restaurant.
CUSTOMER SERVICE Greeted patrons and delivered exceptional customer service to customer population. Delivered family-friendly service by providing children’s menus and color supplies to patrons dining with children. Demonstrated tact when presenting senior-discounted pricing options. Communicated frequently with kitchen staff to determine status of orders and relay special requests. Anticipated and addressed guests’ service needs. Served food and beverages to customers. Collaborated with team of more than 25 restaurant servers, bartenders, and kitchen staff. Resolved customer complaints or problems. Ensured identification was presented for all alcohol purchases. Entered customer orders and system. Provided receipts to patrons. Built relationships with customers to ensure repeat business. Reconciled receipts daily and declared tips on point of sale system. Maintained professionalism and positive attitude in stressful and difficult situations.
bad management
the management is bad they dont care very much about you. pay is low. co-workers are rude. there can be some favoritism. low staffing. dirty work place.
Management was fairly kind and respectful
Management would take care of any problems that I would come to them with and would help me the first couple days to figure out what I was doing. Very respectful and kind as long as you do your job correctly
Pros
Very well balanced staff
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
wasn't a good job
I liked the staff at the store, but not long after starting a bartender was let go. there was a bug problem at the store and they expect the staff to help prep for exterminators to come in without paying more.
Pros
rice workers
Cons
bugs, managers
Learned alot from this company
Chili's Bar & Grill give my first job experience.no worked for them for 3 years and I meant alot people that means a lot to me. Since then i worked many other restaurants with the kills I leared from Chili's.
it was an okay experience
Working at chili’s was a good first job . People I worked with were great some weren’t . The managers were good at there jobs even when times were stressful. I would’ve kept working here if it weren’t for the pay . There is lack of pay , $7.25 and hr which is not much .
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lack of pay
Greet coworkers and awesome guest.
I love working for chilis. The guests are awesome with great stories.The managers do everything they can to help you with anything. And your coworkers always lend a hand when you need it.
Was Alright
Had this job part time while studying in college. Don't have much to say about it. Had flexible hours to work with my school schedule, and got paid decently through tips. Wasn't looking for a career here, just needed some pocket money, and this place did the trick. Wasn't stressful enough to distract me from my school work, and paid enough so I could go out on the weekends.
Pros
Could get lunch half off.
Cons
Probably not a good long term job
Learning Experience
Chili's was a stage in my life I am grateful for. I learned a lot about what it means to be a part of a team all striving for one common goal. I learned to be a leader as well as how to follow instructions from management, which in turn taught me how to best accomplish tasks as a unit as well as on my own. I consider myself a social person so the interacting with people aspect of the job (serving guests) was never an issue, in fact I enjoyed it very much. The most difficult, but very necessary part of the job I'd say was breaking old habits to develop new, better ones.
Pros
Interaction, Free Spirited
Cons
Short breaks, high turnaround
Chilis
Everyone loves chilis for happy hour. I just worked at the wrong chilis with the wrong people. Doesnt mean all chilis are awful, just this one at that time.
Long hours if you were in management
Overall fun place to work if the staff was good. Upper management had there issues. If they didn't like you, then it was tough to get things done. Franchise ownership is very different from corporate.
Pros
Free food for manager
Cons
Long hours and no consecutive days off
Amazing
This was a great place to work. The GM was very fair, worked well with staff and I would recommend as a great place to work. I was well trained, treated equally and with respect. A typical day was to set up, assist customers and break down. The culture was average for this establishment and a younger staff. The hardest part was being so busy the side work took to long. My most enjoyable part was being a team player to give patrons a satisfying experience, overall.
Pros
part time hrs
Cons
health care
The culture was based on a heavy labor focus. These goals of customer satisfaction were no always achievable due to this focus on labor cuts. The customer base was being lost due to this.
Poor management
Lack of communication and empty promises. Management won't listen to complaints or concerns and definitely won't do anything about it. Constantly make promises to help improve work life but nothing ever changes
Basic restaurant envirenment
Depends on if you were an open or close manager. If you are a manager in the business, then you know the job. The hardest part of this job is working weekends and holidays.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Weekends and long days
Fun place to work
I enjoyed the 10 years I worked for this company. The staff was great the customers were great for the most part. It was just a fun place to work. I would recommend it
Pros
Fun place
wouldn't work there again
chili's needs improvement on all levels. I truly hope that a new CEO takes a look at all of their restaurants and how they are doing. Goodluck to anyone working there.
Pros
Cons
had to shovel snow when clocked out
Stressful place to work
The General manager at the location I was in lost her store. She panics under any stressful situation and losses her cool. poor leadership qualities. I do not believe in the brand anymore.
Pros
free lunch
chili
short work days. Make a lot of drinks. Management was good. most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers. guest were very nice... good foodl.......................
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chili's. Our community is ready to answer.
3.2K
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight