Chili's Employee Reviews

Found 5,832 reviews matching the search See all 6,386 reviews
Fun and Educational
Hotess (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 22, 2018
I learned a lot here, you learn communication skills and team work. Also you learn that doing more than expected is a great quality. You meet lots of different people.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Hours are unreliable
Good for new managers, bad for experienced managers.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLSeptember 22, 2018
Chilis is great for new managers. The autonomy is minimal and the expectations are not too high. The pay is decent if you have more experience but if you are someone that values the ability to do more and use your mind and skills, you will be miserable.
horrible management
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 22, 2018
Unfortunately, management tends to blame employees for issues that arise, taking no responsibility themselves. You have to work hard, with a skeleton crew, but make money that way. It's just stressful to get it.
Pros
great discount, good money, flexible scheduling
Cons
no breaks, horrible management, stressful shifts
Good energy most of the time and Progress within myself
Server/Host/Togo Specialist/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXSeptember 21, 2018
My experience working at chilis was a good one majority of the time, and other times was a bad one. My progress from the beginning to end was very fast but worked out better in the end for me. I proved to myself and my management team that i could progress in the server life and be just as good as they once were. I enjoyed some of the people and meeting new people everyday. I feed off of positive energy and love a good environment to work in. Sometimes the managers made it to where you felt uncomfortable working for them like you couldn't come to them for help if you needed it.
Pros
Discount Card after three months, you could ask off and usually get it, helped with your communication skills
Cons
stressful times and managers weren't that experienced so kind of didn't go as smoothly at times.
Fast paced
Food Server (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 21, 2018
You can move up the ladder fast if you are hard working and show promise. If you just stand around and make others have to work harder to cover you then you will most likely be seen as a obstacle and no be wanted around during the harder shifts.
Pros
good work ethnic
Cons
hard times during holidays
Quick money, not good money
HOST AND SERVER (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHSeptember 21, 2018
Chili's is nice for if you need to make quick money, however theres a lack of benefits for working there. not only that, but people tend to burn out quick due to how quick paced and overwhelming it can be.
Productive, & a fun work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 21, 2018
I had a blast working for chili's, it felt like family there. Everyone was very responsible & respectful. Not to mention they were fantastic in management.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Rolling silverware
chilis
Bartender/Manager (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARSeptember 21, 2018
I enjoyed working at chilis i worked there a total of about five years on and off. I enjoyed the bartending more than i did the key position. i enjoyed the people more than anything tho but the other Manager were awesome
Pros
eating half price
Cons
working long hours
productive fun work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TN 37129September 21, 2018
This is a great place to work the management id given opportunities to mentor and develope all employees no matter the position to make the work environment awesome.
Pros
free meals
Cons
rude customers
Liked working here
Certified Trainer/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNSeptember 20, 2018
Besides running out of product constantly and having to pick up slack from the entire building , front and back responsibilities working long hours and not getting appreciated for anything it was a good place to work, the customers and other employees are great !
understaffed and overworked at times
HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2018
good place, just wish they had more staff, everyone is always working 2 shifts a day and it does get tiring being on your feet all the time. Good food.
Server (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDSeptember 20, 2018
Pretty fun environment, just looking for a place I could make more money. The avg ticket is around $35 and I can’t afford to be working so much and not make enough to live! Also want to try something new
Pros
1/2 shift meal, good management
Cons
No or short break, takes a lot of ur time
Grate place to work
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GASeptember 20, 2018
Would love to work here again it's a grate place to work and grate chance to advance within the company and great pay and the company is like a family environment
I loved working at Chilis
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILSeptember 20, 2018
I worked at Chilis Bar and Grille for over a year and it was one of the best places I've ever worked in. The staff and managers were helpful and friendly and made my learning experience very easy. I never felt overwhelmed because I was prepared and had an amazing staff to help me if needed. This was my first job ever and I really enjoyed working there.
Fun family atmosphere with a strong management staff.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MISeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time working there because the staff made it feel like a home away from home. The management team was easy to communicate with and staff members were always helpful to one another.
Good first job
Bartender/server (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 19, 2018
Good for becoming a server for the first time. Working over time is easy and the pay is worth it. Some managers make working for Chilis fun and like a united family. Others make it feel like you are extremely expendable.
Cons
Some management overlooks hard work.
fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  New London, CTSeptember 19, 2018
pretty steady paced. Made decent money. LOTS of sidework, running dishes and sorting silver ware were the worst. co workers were nice and everyone helps each other.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
no breaks
My first job experience
Hostess, Waitress, Trainer and Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hatillo Municipio, PRSeptember 19, 2018
In this food company I had the opportunity to grow and cross trained in different work areas, I was a hostess, waitress, trainer FOH and BOH. I also had the opportunity to give training in the office and lead the store training team for two years.
produvtive, fun, very motovating
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PASeptember 19, 2018
There was no prep team cooks all performed prep and stocking to their shift stations. I learned how to make fajitas and use a impinge oven for them. I learned how to make salads in a artistic form to have great presentation. The hardest part of that job is that there are a lot of hot trays in the impinge oven its a high likely chance of getting burned. The people the food and my learning experience has to the best part of always working their.
Pros
free food payed vacations
Cons
long breaks low pay rate
First job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Chilli's is a decent job for those in highschool; or recently out, looking for work. It gets hectic at times, but for the most part its a very chilled out job.
Pros
Discount food
Cons
Uncertain hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chili's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight