Chili's logo
Chili's
Happiness rating is 60 out of 100Average

Chili's Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,319 reviews

Fun environment

I enjoyed my regular customers and some of my co workers but when management allows the kitchen staff to run things it causes problems. I liked my set schedule.

This location was best place I ever worked.

This location was literally the best place I've ever worked. The management was amazing co-workers I loved business was good and I made good money. Wish I didn't have to move or I'd still be working there.

Customer Oriented Environment

Server at fast-paced family-friendly restaurant. CUSTOMER SERVICE Greeted patrons and delivered exceptional customer service to customer population. Delivered family-friendly service by providing children’s menus and color supplies to patrons dining with children. Demonstrated tact when presenting senior-discounted pricing options. Communicated frequently with kitchen staff to determine status of orders and relay special requests. Anticipated and addressed guests’ service needs. Served food and beverages to customers. Collaborated with team of more than 25 restaurant servers, bartenders, and kitchen staff. Resolved customer complaints or problems. Ensured identification was presented for all alcohol purchases. Entered customer orders and system. Provided receipts to patrons. Built relationships with customers to ensure repeat business. Reconciled receipts daily and declared tips on point of sale system. Maintained professionalism and positive attitude in stressful and difficult situations.

bad management

the management is bad they dont care very much about you. pay is low. co-workers are rude. there can be some favoritism. low staffing. dirty work place.

Management was fairly kind and respectful

Management would take care of any problems that I would come to them with and would help me the first couple days to figure out what I was doing. Very respectful and kind as long as you do your job correctly

Pros

Very well balanced staff

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

wasn't a good job

I liked the staff at the store, but not long after starting a bartender was let go. there was a bug problem at the store and they expect the staff to help prep for exterminators to come in without paying more.

Pros

rice workers

Cons

bugs, managers

Learned alot from this company

Chili's Bar & Grill give my first job experience.no worked for them for 3 years and I meant alot people that means a lot to me. Since then i worked many other restaurants with the kills I leared from Chili's.

it was an okay experience

Working at chili’s was a good first job . People I worked with were great some weren’t . The managers were good at there jobs even when times were stressful. I would’ve kept working here if it weren’t for the pay . There is lack of pay , $7.25 and hr which is not much .

Pros

Discount

Cons

Lack of pay

Greet coworkers and awesome guest.

I love working for chilis. The guests are awesome with great stories.The managers do everything they can to help you with anything. And your coworkers always lend a hand when you need it.

Was Alright

Had this job part time while studying in college. Don't have much to say about it. Had flexible hours to work with my school schedule, and got paid decently through tips. Wasn't looking for a career here, just needed some pocket money, and this place did the trick. Wasn't stressful enough to distract me from my school work, and paid enough so I could go out on the weekends.

Pros

Could get lunch half off.

Cons

Probably not a good long term job

Jobs at Chili's

See more jobs

Learning Experience

Chili's was a stage in my life I am grateful for. I learned a lot about what it means to be a part of a team all striving for one common goal. I learned to be a leader as well as how to follow instructions from management, which in turn taught me how to best accomplish tasks as a unit as well as on my own. I consider myself a social person so the interacting with people aspect of the job (serving guests) was never an issue, in fact I enjoyed it very much. The most difficult, but very necessary part of the job I'd say was breaking old habits to develop new, better ones.

Pros

Interaction, Free Spirited

Cons

Short breaks, high turnaround

Chilis

Everyone loves chilis for happy hour. I just worked at the wrong chilis with the wrong people. Doesnt mean all chilis are awful, just this one at that time.

Long hours if you were in management

Overall fun place to work if the staff was good. Upper management had there issues. If they didn't like you, then it was tough to get things done. Franchise ownership is very different from corporate.

Pros

Free food for manager

Cons

Long hours and no consecutive days off

Amazing

This was a great place to work. The GM was very fair, worked well with staff and I would recommend as a great place to work. I was well trained, treated equally and with respect. A typical day was to set up, assist customers and break down. The culture was average for this establishment and a younger staff. The hardest part was being so busy the side work took to long. My most enjoyable part was being a team player to give patrons a satisfying experience, overall.

Pros

part time hrs

Cons

health care

The culture was based on a heavy labor focus. These goals of customer satisfaction were no always achievable due to this focus on labor cuts. The customer base was being lost due to this.

Poor management

Lack of communication and empty promises. Management won't listen to complaints or concerns and definitely won't do anything about it. Constantly make promises to help improve work life but nothing ever changes

Basic restaurant envirenment

Depends on if you were an open or close manager. If you are a manager in the business, then you know the job. The hardest part of this job is working weekends and holidays.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Weekends and long days

Fun place to work

I enjoyed the 10 years I worked for this company. The staff was great the customers were great for the most part. It was just a fun place to work. I would recommend it

Pros

Fun place

wouldn't work there again

chili's needs improvement on all levels. I truly hope that a new CEO takes a look at all of their restaurants and how they are doing. Goodluck to anyone working there.

Pros

Cons

had to shovel snow when clocked out

Stressful place to work

The General manager at the location I was in lost her store. She panics under any stressful situation and losses her cool. poor leadership qualities. I do not believe in the brand anymore.

Pros

free lunch

chili

short work days. Make a lot of drinks. Management was good. most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers. guest were very nice... good foodl.......................

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chili's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4K

InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight