Chili's

United States10,286 reviews

Found 10,286 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,257 reviews
serverrestaurantfoodguesttablechillihostmoney

Fun environment

I enjoyed my regular customers and some of my co workers but when management allows the kitchen staff to run things it causes problems. I liked my set schedule.

Lively but no growth

It takes a long time to be moved up but it is a wonderful place to make friends and can be a lot of fun! As long as you work hard, you will do great!!

Chili's insights

Based on 6,072 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Poor management

Unstable scheduling and management issues. Not cooperative with previously agreed upon terms. Very frustrating to work with on hours even if you thought they were set. My coworkers were very nice though.

Awful

Work culture is atrocious and they leave you to the dogs. Management, while some were kind, overall did not care about your general well-being. Communication is awful.

No longer open

It was a pretty average place to work. Normal restaurant drama. Worst part was the building was falling apart and we weren’t getting enough business to fix it. It was sad to see it go

No hours nice coworkers

The schedule only says when you start not when your off. They did not tell me I would be working double shifts or I would not have taken the job. Pretty much my third day alone I see a double shift on my schedule. Most of my coworkers were nice but a few waitresses would yell at you for not doing stuff their way. One of my managers were so nice. This specific location made me feel comfortable as a person in the LGBTQ+ community. But on days I would ask when will I be off they would say I don't know it's a reasturant you'll stay until your needed. Which is not good if you have a ride taking you to work and picking you up. Sometimes I'd get there on a slow day and they'd send me home and hour later that was not worth the gas or effort. Pay was 9 or 10 I think. Good for some extra money or a part time job.

Divertido

Hay crecimiento en la empresa y pagan bien sueldo

Fun workplace

All the employees and managers are super nice. It can get stressful at time when it’s super busy. The only bad part about the job is the mean customers.

Terrible management, terrible training, zero care for new employees

I was thrown into the fire and expected to work while on fire. First day had no trainer and had to learn everything by myself. Luckily, I had experience as a dishwasher already so I knew the basics instantly. However, I had no idea where anything went or if things went anywhere, and had to try to ask people questions who didn't answer any of them and ignored me. The manager who greeted me checked on me ONCE in a span of 6 and a half hours to see if "I was doing my job", despite not even showing me how to PERFORM the job. They brought stuff to the area from the kitchen that are extremely hard to scrub off and take roughly 20 minutes to complete ONE SET (10 pans a set) out of EIGHT. I was also expected to know where stuff is to scrub down the dishwashing area and how to dismantle the dishwashing machine on my first day piece by piece from the inside. On the second day, I finally had a trainer who did nothing but listen to music and ignored every question I had. If I didn't do something, they just did it themselves and didn't explain anything. Clocking in is a nightmare as they expect you to just know your "number" that they REFUSE to give to you and you have to get a manager to clock you in for you, who often mistakes you for a customer because they don't give you a shirt or nametag to show you're an employee. Horrible place to work for.Also, they promise "free meals" every shift but not once showed me how to get one until I asked someone who was eating one, and even then I still didn't get my meal after ordering it.

Pros

Cooks are chill people

Cons

Management, "free meals each shift", no breaks, no flexibility, no care for your wellbeing

Overworked, underpaid

I've worked every position in the restaurant and now management. It's a ton of work, very little support, upper management acts like they listen and care but they don't. Bad pay for extra responsibilities and work. Guests are allowed to absolutely run over you and no one cares. It's all about profit but they certainly preach a great story. It's shady for the CSL program. Low hourly pay, it's a minimum 8 weeks training and THEN you start your 6 months to 2+ years in role. So for potentially 2 years you'll do the same if not more as salaried managers without the pay. Bonuses are less than 1/3 of what assistants can make. They can leave whenever and not clock out so it looks like they're getting 50 hours. You can't. You HAVE to have 50 hours. You get the weaker staff, and schedules. Even if the team likes you, it'll simply be pushed off to you to get everything done. I wish I had stayed a server or bar. I made WAY more money. Only good thing is paid vacations.

Just too many options

The menu is just too big should focus on one thing or a theme instead of trying to please every palate. The job was easy just couldn’t get behind serving mediocre food.

Fast paced environment Able to make good money if working nights

If you can handle a high volume of tables per hour and guests that occasionally do not tip. At my location most of the crew worked great as a team! W/ or w/o management helping!

Decent $ Fun, but Stressful

You will be expected to give 87% probably more of your availability. Managers are usually pretty chill but unhelpful. The clientele quite literally sucks. The amount of work you’re expected to do for them, especially with all the promos, is not worth what they normally leave. A good amount of side/back work but doable. I have made lifelong friends here. You will make a decent amount of money if you get behind the bar but servers make decent in most areas. Can get slow. If it’s a good location, you can make a lot of money but once again you will have no freedom. I have worked every job function at Chilis and they’re all stressful. Cooks don’t get paid nearly what they’re worth. Togo Specialist get hourly and pretty nice tips. Servers have downtime but are ran around by guests and sidework. Bartenders have a lot of prep but get to take tables also which is helpful on slow days. Shifts are normally ran very low staffed so everyone is stressed all the time.

It's a very friendly and positive place to work

It's a company u can move up quick at!!!! The money and hours are amazing!!! I loved working there!!! I would love to work there again and make great money again!!!

A whole mess

I wouldn't say chilis is terrible but it has its flaws. The management was always rocky but the employees i met were great! Tips were great as well but like i said before management made this place a living nightmare. Iv worked multiple shift positions some at the same time due to understaffing, it challenged me mentally which sometimes i could not handle but i made it through. My breaking point was when my manager had said i would lose my job if i called out again mind you iv only called out twice during my year long period at chilis i called off due to my grandpa being on hospice and i gave them a 30 hour notice before my shift. I let managers walk over me too many times and chilis has taught me to stand up for myself.

Fun

I had a lot of fun working at Chili’s, the managers i have are great. They sometimes have favoritism but who doesn’t these days? Especially in the workplace.

Not just a serving job

It's a serving job but management really does try to develop team members. There are tons of growth opportunities. Hardest part of the job is tipshare

Need to make point of sale system easier or train better

Fun but point of sale system was very unnecessarily difficult. I could place an order on the app as a pick up easier than trying to figure out how to get it done on the in store system. Otherwise good environment. Bad training. Payroll was very hard to get my tips and nobody was helpful navigating the problem. I left because I was getting shorted tips

Didnt work around my schedule. Cut doubles too early. Never made money. Got stiffed more times in the 2 months I worked there than the 4 years ive been seeving

Good management and work culture, but remember the managers aren't infallible

I like the culture, I like the managers and the employees are okay. But don't expect everything to be perfect immediately. Yoi must communicate what you want done by the manager clearly. Sometimes they make mistakes, but they are very lenient so it's only fair that you be lenient with them.

Very good work atmosphere

Been there 5 years. They are a great employer. I love love my job. My title is lead prep cook and I absolutely love what I do. I prepare fresh food daily to serve to our wonderful guests

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chili's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

1.8Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss