Chili's Employee Reviews

Productive fun environment
Hostess, Busser, and Server (Current Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAJuly 22, 2018
A typical day consist of fast pace interactions with costumers.I learned to be patient with many people and to interact more. The hardest part of the job is to keep on track or schedule. You have to make sure you accommodate everyone in a timely fashion.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
late nights
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  23rd and Oregon aveJuly 21, 2018
Nice place to work a family atmosphere good management kind of good pay could be bettergood food clean like that chilis will buy you work shoes and you can pay out your check
Pros
Good managment
Cons
Not enough staff sometimes
nice place to work
Service Manager, Sales Manager, Culinary Manager (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJuly 21, 2018
They take care of their employees I believe in their core values. Most GM try to uphold their values but not all. They will work with team members and understand life happens
Pros
discounts
Decent place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXJuly 21, 2018
Decent place to work, unfortunately not much communication from the top down. There is lots of movement within the brand which really hurts the overall flow of the operations.
Productive and Collaborative workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJuly 20, 2018
When I show up I immediately clock in and get to work since people are always flowing in and out. I usually work with one other host/hostess and help out with bussing and keeping everything clean. I've learned how to think on my feet and to always keep the customers happy. My coworkers and I help each other out when it is needed and work together peacefully.
Pros
25% off food clocked out, 50% off food clocked in
Cons
low payment, can get slow
a learning experience
Hostess (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJuly 20, 2018
My co workers were pleasant and the managers were nice some didn't understand that about my mental health issues and that is why i took a medical leave of absence and then resigned
fun work place
SERVER/TRAINER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA,July 20, 2018
You can make decent money, checks are not too high but if you want a great team, i have met some of my bestfriends working at chilis. I would recommend this company with the right managment.
Fun work place
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAJuly 20, 2018
Good job just not enough hours. work is pretty basic and laid back. The crew is outgoing and thrive for greatness. would be the perfect job for me if I got more hours.
Always felt replaceable
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 20, 2018
In my thirteen plus years of working for Chili's I always felt replaceable. That corporate didn't care if I worked for them or not. That I was not valued. My usual day would involve being a line cook or prep person, more as a fill in the spot person then a manager. I learned in my time there how to do all the administrative work involved with being a manager including profit and loss, dealing with vendors, hiring responsibility, inventory and ordering. Upper management is more concerned with the appearance of a well run establishment than making sure company polices and procedures are being followed by all managers. I do enjoy the culture, the fast paced changing environment and working with young people. The hardest part of my job was trying to insure our guests had a enjoyable time while being forced to run with a limited staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was when you could change someones day with a great meal and excellent service.
Pros
fun to work with young people
Cons
traveling into Philadelphia
Fun place to work at, can get very hectic at times
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  CTJuly 20, 2018
It is structured and very fast paced. can be overwhelming at times because of the tight labor restraints. Training has it opportunities, very disorganized at times.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
labor goals
It is a good place to get a quick jon
Server (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJuly 20, 2018
It offers a lot of room for availability and is a reliable job until something better is found for you. It is decently busy and is not a bad atomsphere to work in.
all good people left
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJuly 20, 2018
They where not will to pay team members who where there for years and so they when some where else. when i became manager i got the pay for cook raised to 12$ starting and servers where making 18$-21$ per person.
It was a fun place to work at when i was there. miss all the old team member.
Productive and fun workplace. The company has a great mission to serve quality food and drinks.
Bartender/ Training Captain (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTJuly 19, 2018
I have worked for this company for almost 10 years. I have learned very much and have grown with the company. While I love and support the company, I have seen the quality of food and treatment of employees decline through the last few years greatly.
Pros
Fun environment, flexible hours, cash in pocket
Cons
No breaks, few benefits, no positive reinforcement
Fun
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 19, 2018
Loved working with Chili's. It's a culture like no other you are encouraged to be yourself. Great place for first time restaurant workers. Good opportunity for friends as well.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Sporatic scheduling
dont work at chilis
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2018
while i worked at chilis i hated it. the managers were horrible. the crew was horrible & messy. everyone was rude & unprofessional at the job on the clock.
good work environment
Host, TO-GO, Server (Former Employee) –  Beeville, TXJuly 19, 2018
I learned new skills at this job and had fun while doing so, the hardest part was the busy nights and dealing with the guest who are unhappy. good management.
waitress
Server, Host, Bartender, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 19, 2018
It is as fast paced restaurant. The food is always good and the money is excellent. This being said you will have to be a fast person and be able to handle stressful situations.
Very Productive.
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 19, 2018
Took many Responsibilities as back of the house member. Fast paced, Communication, keeping area cleaned and cleaning after closing. very fun and productive environment.
I did not have the best experiences working here
Receptionist/Host (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 18, 2018
It was a fast paced environment. Most of the managers were really nice, and did their job very well. However, the part time workers made it difficult to work.
A friendly and positive work environment
Host (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 18, 2018
Chilis bar and grill dishwashers and portion prep usually begin with setting up your area either to prep your food or to organize and set your dishes. The job is usually stressful yet positive. The experience you gain includes teamwork, communication, creativity and assertiveness. Chilis maintains a positive and empathetic environment for its guests and its employees. The hardest part of the job is keeping pace. The times enjoyed most were conversing and working with the co-workers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not a high enough salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chili's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K

2.5

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight