Chili's Employee Reviews in Jacksonville, FL

Found 54 reviews matching the search See all 7,676 reviews
team work
Hostess/To-go/Server (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32222July 9, 2019
I have worked at Chili's since January 2013. They're a great company, a great team that became family. I've enjoyed working here, left for maternity leave in 2015/16 and couldnt wait to get back.
fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 21, 2019
You have a set schedule. Management didn't tolerate drama. If there was drama they would sit the people involved and have a firm discussion. I was in high school and it was a perfect first job for me. The nicest co-workers. Good teamwork.
Pros
works with you for scheduling, food, helpful management
Hetic is un-organized
Dish cook (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 3, 2018
The store is pretty crazy. I understand it is a restaurnt. Yes but at the same time why is it that so many people leave....... yes can always get a replacement but there shouldn't be that much of a change. Seems like there no eye to eye. Lack of communication. As well lack of being on the same page. 1 tell you one thing and then the others do any other.
Pros
Wish i could tell you
Cons
Favoritism
Great Place
Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Family oriented team, very face paced work environment, clean and tidy atmosphere ,company is organized, great customers, excellent team work. Great place to work overall.
Pros
team work
Cons
late nights
Great work Place
Front House Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 17, 2018
This was a great place to work and enjoyed my staff. The environment was one of the best I have ever worked for. My General Manager came in and help at anytime.
Grueling work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 23, 2018
Somebody is always calling out. Leaving others to pick up slack, so no , "forward direction" occurs.. simply stuck in a rut. Expectations are too high for a single individual. Standards are unevenly distributed,( according to business). No faith in the companys' progression. due to always being between a rock and a hard place. Management holds nobody (except those who take it upon themselves) accountable for anything. including, but not limited to: tardiness, failed attendance, work ethic, or basic knowledge and performance.
Pros
One free meal a shift
Cons
no breaks, no order, no accountability
Fun working envrioment
Server (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 27, 2018
Chili's is a very high paced work environment where management is very organized and gives you al the tools that you need to succeed in a normal work day. Its a very welcoming and family orientated environment..
At times fun
Quality Assurance Supervisor As QAS (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2018
I worked for this company for 10 years and they for the most part did me right but that was mainly because I was so good at my job. Loved the people mostly
Culture/Hours
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2018
Good culture. I enjoyed how that culture cultivated myself and others to pursue goals we had for our restaurant. Unfortunately, working 65 to 70 hours a week took a toll on my psyche and personal life.
Fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 11, 2018
It was a great way to learn how from people from all walks of life, how to demonstrate leadership, and how to learn time management skills. I will always value the lessons learned at the company.
Chilis
Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2018
Chili's was a pretty cool place to work. I met some cool people who I'm still friends with after 10 years. The job is very fast paced and stress full but your co-works will help you and they try to make it a fun environment.
Pros
free meals for cooks
Fast paced
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 14, 2018
Chili's Bar and Grill was always busy, but i cannot say they did not warn me. The managers were always ready to help anyone who was struggling........
Pros
free food
Cons
so hot
Productive and fair. Family work environment
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 8, 2018
You feel like family< birthdays and own life celebrations are recognized. I learned a lot from the the dedication the managers have and the fairness they treat everyone
Overworked and Underpaid
Kitchen Shift lead (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 2, 2018
They focus on the front of house and forget the back of house. They call back of house "heart of house" but it has no heart. All awards and challenges are for the front of house. The back of house gets broken promises. I have seen them go through over 20 cooks in less than a year. Their top level management has not kept up with the times. They are using ideas from the 90's it seems.
Pros
Your not starving while at work
Cons
The kitchens are toxic environments.
Good after school job
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Was a good job to have right out of high school. Got to learn the value of money and what it is like in the work force. Overall it was a decent job. Just nothing to make a living off of.
goodplace to work if you needs extra help.
Team trainer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2018
Chili's is s good place to work if you need a flexible schedule and need to make fast, good money. I would recommend if you are in school to make sure to give your manager a copy of availability.
Pros
The discounts are excellent!
Cons
You can feel pressured sometimes to upsell items.
Stressful Work Environment
Hostess, Cashier, and Server (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 26, 2017
We experience a lot of turnover and hire unreliable people who cant show up for work. In return, other people have to pick up their slack. Managers are unorganized, the restaurants constantly out of items, clientele is ridiculous, coworkers have attitudes. overall just a terrible and unenjoyable work experience.
Pros
Pay
stressful environment
Managing partner (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 7, 2017
Based on restaurant locations varied as far as a typical day. Sometimes employee call outs made daily execution more complicated because of shortages in areas and high volumes of Guests. Management development was not consistent due to time constraints so it felt at times that you were getting no where ahead but just staying even on daily and weekly routines.
Pros
Benefits package, meal packages
Cons
bonus structure, communications
Okay place to work for a college job
Expediter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 15, 2017
My biggest issue with this job was that my shifts where not regular. One day I would work for an hour and the following day I would work for 7 hours. The nature of expediter (also known as QA) entails no breaks, a deep understanding of the food, and exceptional communication skills.
Fun fast paced work environment
Lead bartender and Key carrier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2017
Company was great, had lots of fun working with new people and new management. Learned a lot about alcoholic/non alcoholic beverages. Shifts usually last 9-10 a day from 4PM-1AM. My job got easier by the day because of the new things I learned about it. Loved my job, got to meet new people such as customers or employees. Would definitely recommend this company to a friend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chili's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K
42.5K
31.7K

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight