Chili's Employee Reviews in San Antonio, TX

Found 70 reviews matching the search See all 7,676 reviews
Currently
Boynton Beach, FL - Host (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2019
I am currently still working at chillis and if you are looking for quick money weekly I would recommend working at chilis. They are flexible with hours.
family dining chain restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2019
depending on your location is the pace of the restaurant. Like with every restaurant you are only as good as your team. When I worked there I made friends that turned into family and had an awesome management team but overall it is my belief that the brand has taken a decline.
productive
Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2019
a place of fast paced work, have to be highly motivated to complete task, good pay,benefits, extra hours. the team motivates you and brings the competitive side out.
Good food and good people
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 17, 2018
I was just a kid when I worked there, but my co workers and mananger were very friendly. I always got good hours, pay was decent and they always made sure I ate, especially on a 10 or 12 hr shift day
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Weekends are super slammed
Not enough hours. New GM was unfair.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 22, 2018
When you needed help you wouldn’t get it. Only when it was okay. New GM was unprofessional and sent me home and took all my shifts away without telling me. Told me he would call me to let me know what happens. Never called. Coworker had to tell me that he let me go and said he wasn’t gonna bother to call me he was just gonna leave it how it is.
Cons
Hours. Pay. Management.
Chilies is honestly dope
Host (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 16, 2018
Chilies was honestly one of the best places I have ever worked the culture there is great you feel excepted the first do you start working in the managers will work around your schedule
Pros
Free food
Cons
Few hours
kitchen helper
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 5, 2018
typical process enough staff no complaints.
Depending on your manager, you can eat anything of the food. Well they feed you regardless.
typical process enough staff no complaints.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
pay wage is not a living wage, unless you put in the hours
college job directly on campus, very convenient
QUALITY ASSURANCE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2018
A typical day was prepping work station for food
managing food going out to customer and making sure it was up to company standards.
The best part of the jobs was co-workers and convenience
Pros
location
Cons
compensation
Fun environment
Lead Server/Bartender/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Never knew what the day was going to bring, but we always pulled through to do the best that we can.
Good or bad the whole crew had each others backs at the end of the day.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Can be too hectic at times
face paced envionment,and delivering quality customer service with a smile
SERVER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2018
You had good day and bad days .It was nice when you did have help from manager lack of managers.Learned to Team work.Loved when customers left with a smile on there face.
Crazy working hours!
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2018
Ok job, the Money is good but for the whole time I was there we were short staffed. An ok environment if you do not have a family. Loved the community of staff we did have.
nope..
Host (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2018
If your looking to move up in the company, good luck. Be careful who you trust or confide in. The pay isn't worth all the stress, and it doesn't matter how long you work there. you will get the same pay when you started. Unorganized chaos and Communication is a huge problem.
Fun place
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2018
First location was great, management was fantastic, really enjoyed this one. Change in managing partner and it went down hill, tons of turnover, if you were liked, you were golden, if not - forget it, you were toast
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No Accountability
It was decent
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2018
This job was decent. They were all nice and very helpful when you did not know something. You got discounts on the food unless you were the manager then they got discounts on different things.
chili's
Full-time Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 3, 2018
This place was fun to work at and was a fast paced job. The customers were mostly friendly and management was really good about tending to everyone's needs.
Very vast pace , we would get super busy
Waitress and Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2018
I liked working at chili’s , very fast pace, and you have to be able to talk to the customers and try not to mess up on the food or drop anything , everyone was really nice
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Their really wasn’t any cons working there
I wasn’t fond of Chilis
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 9, 2018
I had issues with the area manager, the lady who was area a manger was demoted and had lots of anger issues and would take it out on the employees. She would tell everyone she hated it there and didn’t like us.
Chili's gave a great work to life balance
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Chili's is a very team oriented place to work. How ever the problem with them is that they required the staff to do jobs that most restaurants hire for. As a server we are required to clean our own tables and run our own food. Most restaurants hire people to do that. Also, they want its servers to sell multiple different items to customers and get upset when sales are not satisfactory. However, we cannot control what the customer wants. We can only encourage them to try the promotional item. Aside from that, I find Chili's to have a fun, professional, and team oriented environment. Everyone supports each other and helps those in need when it becomes hectic. Management is very quick to take action on anything that goes wrong. If a problem arises in someones personal life, management is very quick to support those in troubled times. The hardest part of the job is having eight tables per server and having to clean your own area while providing top notch service to customers. Best part of the job is having a very supportive team that is glad to assist if they are not too busy as well.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
unreliable scheduling and pay
Chili's is an upbeat and fun place to work. You learn hard work and experience different cultures and personalities.
Server/Bar Tender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Chilis was a great place to work . You learn hard work and have fun at the same time. I was able to become lead trainer and move into management. Honestly the hardest part about managing in a restaurant is the age and mentality of the people that work in this atmosphere as most are still very young and think it is just another restaurant job. It is hard to get everyone focused on the common goal and that is to make sure our customers are happy, keep it clean and stay focused. I enjoyed my job as lead trainer as I was able to create schedules, give orientations, and most importantly I was able to run our charity events for Saint Jude's Children's Hospital. The environment at any Chili's is so diverse which I believe keeps you grounded and also makes you become aware of how to work with different personalities. I believe I walked into the establishment everyday and greeted a new employee. I showed them how to start out the day, walked them around, showed table numbers, and taught them the menu. I showed the new employees tricks on how to memorize the menu so they would always send it to the kitchen correctly and keep organization and multitasking a key goal. It was definitely an enlightening experience and taught me how to be personable and organized. Always meeting new people was a big plus.
Pros
Fun environment, Good food, Good people, hard work, meeting new people, St. Jude's Children's Hospital Fundraiser, People in general
Cons
Late nights, carrying trays, mentality of other co-workers, was called a manager but was not given a salary
long shifts, fast paced
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2018
this company was fun to work for but they lost all core values in business and food. i would recommend working with chilis but they will consume your ife

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chili's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K
42.5K
31.7K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Chili's.

Powered by Comparably