Chili's Employee Reviews for Bartender

Found 750 reviews matching the search See all 7,703 reviews
Waste of time
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJJuly 17, 2019
Money is horrible and never consistent, absolutely no benefits to work there. Menu is getting cheaper by the day which brings in terrible tippers on very low check averages as is. Management is horrible
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare, terrible tips
Fun work environment with short hours and opportunity for big money.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJuly 15, 2019
I worked for Chili's for five and a half years as I also worked toward earning a bachelor's degree. Chili's management was very accommodating to me concerning my school schedule. The management was among the most down to earth I've ever encountered in my working life. They do an absolutely excellent job. The opportunity to make great money as a server or bartender is enormous, but one must be willing to put forth the effort to do so. The hourly wage is virtually nonexistent ($2.13/hour), and a server/bartender's entire income relies on the tips of guests.

Though benefits are available (paid vacation, medical insurance), they're difficult to obtain because the employee must average at least 30 hours a week to receive them. This is not as of a easy task as one might think, considering the shifts are generally no longer than 4-6 hours. If the employee drops below this average, the benefits will be pretty quickly lost. This is the only gripe I have with the company. It seems as if they make it deliberately difficult to reward their employees with these important benefits. There is a discount for food, which is nice, but it hardly makes up for the lack of medical insurance for MOST employees.
Awful
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 11, 2019
Working for a corporate restaurant is aqful. There is absolutely no loyalty. The corporate performance expectations are impossible to meet. I do not recommend working for this company.
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2019
Chilis bar and grill is a great place to work. The management is extremely reliable and great with communication. I also the the staff and over all atmosphere of the restaurant.
Must multitask
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 8, 2019
Easy job when everyone is working together. Otherwise, can easily turn terrible. Clientele is usually friendly and patient. Work pace must be fast in order to succeed.
Meh
Server and Bartender (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2019
It’s really good money once you make it to the good sections, but your entire schedule is based on surveys on those ziosks they have. I’ve seen plenty of people fired for a survey.
Pros
High money, fun people to work with
Cons
Job politics
Fun workplace
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 1, 2019
Enjoyable and fun environment very high stress I really love my job but only work at night looking for a morning job . A lot of customer service . Managers are grear
Pros
Bb
Cons
Bh
Worse place ever
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 30, 2019
Chili's doesn't care about employees. It doesn't matter how hard you work or how well you perform, it doesn't get you anywhere. They will pay a new hire employee more than employees that have been with the company for years.
Chilis Inglewood
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJune 28, 2019
Chilis Inglewood is a very stressful job to be working for, but the tips and paycheck say otherwise. chilis in Inglewood is one if not the biggest and most busiest franchise they own in California. and they totally are. team workers are very dramatic, share to many information and some are friendly who just go in and make their money and head out... 95% Of employees are stressed out of their minds and the other 5% is management.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No Breaks, rude guests, drama
Extremely stressful
Lead Bartender (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJune 23, 2019
I would never want to work for this company again. They ask too much for too little in return. They are more concerned with their online fake reputation than the welfare of their actual loyal employees.
Pros
Money
Cons
Poor managment
Not a horrible place to work, the $ outweighs the headaches most nights
Head Bartender (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INJune 20, 2019
I love my job and my regulars and the $ at Chili's. We have a fairly new gm though and this is his 1st gm job. He is great, but lets others walk all over him! We have a 2 year from retirement assistant manager that is not so great and the other 2 managers are very new also!I feel that I have moved as far up as I can in this company without heading back into management.
Pros
Half price lunches, Periodic sales contests for cash and free food, stays busy
Cons
Kitchen staff doesnt speak English, no healthcare, new management
Give us
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJune 15, 2019
Give us your opinion about a typical work day, what you learned, management, workplace culture, the hardest part of your job, the most enjoyable. Do not
Flexible with great money make opportunities
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, IL 60014June 15, 2019
Working at Chili's I have been able to have the flexibility I desired to finish school and offered many opportunities to meet new people and make money.
I loved working at Chili's
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLJune 15, 2019
This was my first restaurant job. It came natural for me. I instantly feel in love with the job and the Brinker brand. They treat their employees great. They have outings and contest. Just a wonderful place to work.
Easy for new servers
Bartender (Current Employee) –  HoustonJune 14, 2019
It’s a relaxing job , but I’m trying to separate my self and improve by surrounding my self with other people who will help me improve so I can finish school .
Pros
Discount food
Cons
Play favorites
Family like Environment
Lead Bartender/Regional Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJune 14, 2019
When I was there, your co-workers became like your family, as well as the customers. Had I not had to relocate I would still be there today. Management is more than understandable at any situation an individual may encounter. Proud to be a Chilihead.
Good
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIJune 12, 2019
They were great with scheduling. Cares about their employees. Would recommend it as a good place to work. Menu is easy to learn and they help if necessary.
Workplace culture
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJune 11, 2019
Chili's is a great place to work if you like being on your feet for hours and depending on tips to make a living. Depending on the shift, day or your position you can make a decent amount of money- sometimes more than you would make at a 9-5 job lol. If everyone gets along then it is a great atmosphere but tempers can flare depending on situations
Pros
Great coworkers
Chill work place
Bartender/server (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJune 2, 2019
Good money and a great place to work and meet new people... very stressfull at times but overall my experience was great. I would recommend working there if you want quick money
Wonderful co-workers
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 31, 2019
Not enough hours to make a living, it could have just been the one I worked at as it was not in the best area of town. Co-workers were awesome and would always help each other out.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chili's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K
42.5K
31.7K

Women's ratings

1.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss