Chili's Employee Reviews

Found 6,972 reviews matching the search See all 7,707 reviews
Pretty easy job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Waikele, HIJuly 17, 2019
Everyone got along for the most part. Management was pretty relaxed. Servers sometime treated hosts like they were less than. It was a little stressful on thursday nights and weekends.
Typical Restaurant Job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 17, 2019
Nice enough place to dine, would not recommend being on the kitchen staff. Poor managing combined with lazy coworkers made for a bad personal experience. Be expected to pick up slack left by others and deal with typical hectic restaurant environment.
Friendly environment
Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2019
I don’t mind going to work because I love the people I work with & the environment i’m in. I’ve learned so much from the people I work with about hospitality & giving good service. Of course when things get super busy or rough at work, which they do, it’s makes my job a lot better for me because of that care a support we have for each other.
It was alright
Server (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 16, 2019
It paid my Bill's but wasnt anything special. I worked hard and long hours for a while then got burnt out fast had to go down to part time to keep my sanity
Managers don’t care
Head Cook/Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Southgate, MIJuly 16, 2019
Most management doesn’t care about employee happiness or problems within the work place. Upper management (district manager/supervisor) are only concerned with appearing positively to corporate offices and not actually worried about their restaurants running smoothly.
Amazing environment and great people
Host (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2019
All the employees were amazing and helpful. Compensation matched the work being done in my case. Management was superior, they made it feel homey with adequate structure.
friendly atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJuly 16, 2019
everybody comes in on time with great attitude and ready to work start getting prep done amd making sure all the tables are presentable and ready to be set! i learned how to paste myself in between tables for an example i would take an order and after i’m done i’ll grab drinks for a table that just got sat and let them know i’ll be with them soon. managers was always helpful in every ran food for you in you behind always made sure tables left with an smile. the work culture was very modest everyone always had great attitude toward costumers and always set great examples for guest employees and co workers. the hardest part of working is picking up somebody slack when trying to do your job as well but tryna keep it in a professional manner. the most enjoyable part of the job was the taste fest when the whole team come together and try out all the different foods that’s new on the menu .
N/a
Server/Cook/Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 15, 2019
I will leave this very professional, even though it might have not worked out for me, it could be your perfect home! Only complaints was the unprofessionalism and management.
busy
PREP COOK (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAJuly 15, 2019
A great place to work, great food, friendly staff, a big walk in fridge and freezer, you can make your own food if you want to for your break. no lockers to put your stuff away
Fun place to work
Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXJuly 15, 2019
Chili's has a great environment and with the founder driving words such as " nothing is sacred except the guest's return" letting us know the importance of guest satisfaction, as long as we follow this it is hard to go wrong.
Great experience
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2019
Chipotle was my first job . It was a very good life experience of growth and bettering myself for the real world. The Day was usually spent prepping for the next following day . I worked there for a great year of no complaints or challenges that I could not handle .
Chili’s bar and grill
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2019
Chili’s is great to work I have no complaints they focused on a lot on team work and being professional.we also keep up with side work and running side work as well along with keeping up with your tables
Pros
Great food
Cons
No health care and very little hours
Bad job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJuly 15, 2019
They only had o e Diswasher even on the weekends. Not a clean place to work or eat at. To much work for one diswasher. I did not like working there. I would not work there ever again. Not enough hours or pay.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Hard work bad hours
hardest part of the job
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 15, 2019
hardest part was learning all the recipes to the meals and serving them right and making sure everything was in order and not messing up anything to make the manager mad
Fun work environment with short hours and opportunity for big money.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJuly 15, 2019
I worked for Chili's for five and a half years as I also worked toward earning a bachelor's degree. Chili's management was very accommodating to me concerning my school schedule. The management was among the most down to earth I've ever encountered in my working life. They do an absolutely excellent job. The opportunity to make great money as a server or bartender is enormous, but one must be willing to put forth the effort to do so. The hourly wage is virtually nonexistent ($2.13/hour), and a server/bartender's entire income relies on the tips of guests.

Though benefits are available (paid vacation, medical insurance), they're difficult to obtain because the employee must average at least 30 hours a week to receive them. This is not as of a easy task as one might think, considering the shifts are generally no longer than 4-6 hours. If the employee drops below this average, the benefits will be pretty quickly lost. This is the only gripe I have with the company. It seems as if they make it deliberately difficult to reward their employees with these important benefits. There is a discount for food, which is nice, but it hardly makes up for the lack of medical insurance for MOST employees.
poor management
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 15, 2019
while working there the managers were on different pages and couldn't collaborate accordingly with one another. The lack of communication between the management and employees was horrendous. Management treated employees with disrespect.
Pay great if you work the long hours
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 14, 2019
Chili's is decent job, if you like the fast pace and the none stop moving/cooking then Chili's is the right job for you,. Chili's pay nice if you work the night shift. Managers kept quitting, Chili's was losing money everyday because certain food would be Missing, Chili's don't not appreciate the good employees they have. Chili's don't like giving their good employees raises.
Chilis
Server (Current Employee) –  San DiegoJuly 14, 2019
Chili’s is a great place to start off as a host and build your way up through To-Go a good runner then a server. You will enjoy working there and would recommend it
Great
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJuly 14, 2019
Everything about applying for this job was easy and understandable. I have worked for this company before and I a looking forward to working here again.
Great
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 14, 2019
Great place to work and visit. I would recommend people applying for a position there. Awesome atmosphere with good food and service. Great co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chili's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K
42.5K
31.7K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Chili's.

Powered by Comparably