Chili's Employee Reviews

was a great place to work for
Part-time Hostess (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYApril 21, 2018
I really enjoyed working at chili's just didn't get enough hours but wasn't able to work nights and weekends so if you are able to work nights and weekends you can get all the hours you want. The management was always fair to me
Fast paced but a fun and friendly enviorment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 21, 2018
Worked with a lot of really great people. The management was awesome. The hours where short but you could easily pick up more. The pay was minimum for hostesses and those who worked in the back. The rest relied on tips mostly.
Typical Serving job
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNApril 21, 2018
Typical serving job. Customer Service, Greeting tables, orders, money handling, juggling requests, delivering food. Very very fast paced. If you move at a slower rate this job will be difficult and ultra stressful for you. People (customers) expect you to be magic and pull their order out of thin air. People don't like to wait. If you are very fast and can keep yourself organized at this pace, then this is a good job for you. In my experience, the faster everything is produced ,the better the tips. of course there are always the people who complain about stuff even if it is up to everyone else's standards. Like I said, this is just a typical serving job.
Pros
free/discounted food, immediate cash daily, flexible schedule
Cons
short or no breaks sometimes, jerks, coworkers can be crazy, super fast paced, low pay rate
friendly work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 19, 2018
chilis was a great, fun place to work which came with a lot of knowledge to gain about the industry, but unfortunately , senior management had poor communication skills which caused the location to get shut down.
Pros
good benefits, starting pay
Cons
communication skills
Hard work earned
Cook (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 19, 2018
The pay is good. The work gets difficult at times, but it's all worth t because Chili's is one of the top paying chain restaurant. It is hard work but worth it.
Pros
Free meal on work day
Cons
A bunch of work
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 18, 2018
Family based work place. Great teamwork and everyone helps one another out. The company has great ethnics such as St Judes fund raiser and contributions.
Good Place
Server (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYApril 18, 2018
Good environment, nice co workers . Good job if you are trying to gain some experience in the food industry. However more experienced servers should work in a more upscale industry.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
no free shift meal
Great place to work with fun environment at nights
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 17, 2018
As a host, I would maintain guests experience and track wait times for those incoming. By correctly quoting times according to tables almost available, I was able to succeed in guest satisfaction for a dining experience.
stressful
SERVER (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 17, 2018
The people I worked with were great, however, every shift was extremely stressful. lack of management didn't help and the kitchen staff was always behind.
great tips
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 17, 2018
fast paced a lot of socializing have to have good memory, a lot of long hours a lot of different personalities... great food short breaks no paid vacations
Pros
great tips
Cons
short breaks
Ok
Server (Former Employee) –  Jones Valley, ALApril 17, 2018
Did not get enough tips in Huntsville. California was really hectic but paid off at the end of every night. Same setup in every restaurant almost so easy to change stores
Decent
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Butler, PAApril 17, 2018
Chili's is a decent place to work. I like how you don't have to split tips and get to have your own tables. I think the management could be way better when it comes to personal things.
Hostile environment at times
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Pryor, OKApril 16, 2018
At time the atmosphere between the kitchen and servers is borderline hostile. Also if you habe bad surveys you are punished by management removing you as server completely. This also includes bad surveys due to problems in the kitchen or personal issues with a guest, and even issues when management does not seem to have the time to talk to a guest who is upset.
Pros
Cons
Pretty much everything
Great first job
Server and Kitchen Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 16, 2018
I started at Chilis when I was in high school. It was a great first job to have because it taught me customer service, how to stay calm in fast paced environments, and time management.
Pros
fun coworkers, understanding management
Cons
rotating staff
High Stress with little to no chance of advancement
Hostess/Server/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAApril 16, 2018
It was a stressful place to work with crazy expectations and little to no chance of job advancement, but they do work with school schedules if you are a student and the tips are decent. Management is crazy and fickle.
Pros
50% off food once you have worked for 3 months, flexible schedule
Cons
stress, management, little to no help, no chance of advancement
It’s Alright
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CA 93534April 15, 2018
Fast paced , over time when it is need it , pay rates was good , no paid vacation , just sick hours ,working all type of hours , no time for yourself, no break taking
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No cooperation
Chilis
Togo Specialist/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 15, 2018
It is a job that makes you money. You meet so many different people and make connects with them. It was a good job as a younger adult. It can be stressful but alot of fun.
Too many hours
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNApril 15, 2018
Salaried managers are worked well beyond their pay. Salary is based on a 50 hour work week, but I worked many more hours than that every week. Bonus structure was almost impossible to achieve,
Pros
discount, benefits
Cons
hours, pay
Fun place to work and meet people
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSApril 15, 2018
I love my job because of my coworkers we are all close and enjoy working together and that makes our night at work less stressful and positive. I’m a peoples person and i try to always have a great positive attitude to make people feel welcome
Absolutely loved it
Host/To-Go Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMApril 14, 2018
If I was able to work at chili’s again I definitely would. The management and team are very nice and help each other out and there is always a fundraiser going on to either help the community out or a charity. I loved being a chili head

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chili's. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K

2.5

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight