Chili's Employee Reviews

Found 6,977 reviews matching the search See all 7,712 reviews
poor management
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 15, 2019
while working there the managers were on different pages and couldn't collaborate accordingly with one another. The lack of communication between the management and employees was horrendous. Management treated employees with disrespect.
Pay great if you work the long hours
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 14, 2019
Chili's is decent job, if you like the fast pace and the none stop moving/cooking then Chili's is the right job for you,. Chili's pay nice if you work the night shift. Managers kept quitting, Chili's was losing money everyday because certain food would be Missing, Chili's don't not appreciate the good employees they have. Chili's don't like giving their good employees raises.
Chilis
Server (Current Employee) –  San DiegoJuly 14, 2019
Chili’s is a great place to start off as a host and build your way up through To-Go a good runner then a server. You will enjoy working there and would recommend it
Great
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJuly 14, 2019
Everything about applying for this job was easy and understandable. I have worked for this company before and I a looking forward to working here again.
Great
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 14, 2019
Great place to work and visit. I would recommend people applying for a position there. Awesome atmosphere with good food and service. Great co-workers
Chili's was a job that simply taught me how to correct other people's mistakes
Host (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJuly 13, 2019
Working at chili's, for me, was a learning experience. I learned what it was like to work in a hostile work environment, how to maintain proper composure when things are hectic, and how to move at a fast pace while getting everything done correctly.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Terrible work environment
Positive work place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 12, 2019
It's a very fast pace easy to learn though,they was very friendly and didn't mind teaching the things I didn't know. Managers was friendly and easy to work with
difficult to get shifts
Server (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJuly 11, 2019
felt as though management judged me for my age. I am 45 and i had to fight to get the job. I am proving myself now but it was difficult. I am between jobs so had to get something immediately.
chilis
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, MAJuly 11, 2019
geeat place to work but corporate restaurants do things in a weird way. that i dont really think is fair you get tables bases on your survey scores and statting new it doesnt really give you a chance to work your way up
Awful
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 11, 2019
Working for a corporate restaurant is aqful. There is absolutely no loyalty. The corporate performance expectations are impossible to meet. I do not recommend working for this company.
Don’t recommend...
Host/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Prosper, TXJuly 10, 2019
I worked at chili’s for about a year and at first it was a great place, getting used to the fast pace was just the easy part... the managers were very fair at first then I saw their true colors. That consisted of talking very rudely behind the backs of team members and lying. The amount of times I got told I wasn’t a good employee was crazy when I was doing my job, Not to mention the late hours as a student. Besides that I had amazing team members and made great friends and good money, but you’re definitely working for it...
Pros
Good pay, fun team members
Cons
Inflexible scheduling, late shifts, bad management
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2019
Chilis bar and grill is a great place to work. The management is extremely reliable and great with communication. I also the the staff and over all atmosphere of the restaurant.
Flexible hours
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJuly 10, 2019
Management works with you to ensure you get the hours you need. While working there you aren't just an employee, you become family. Managers communicate your performance to give productive criticism and help you succeed in performing job effectively.
could use some work
Host, To-Go (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 10, 2019
good job if you were in school and didn’t need to live off of that job. the schedules at walkways different and you never knew how many hours you were going to work. manager need to connect to workers more.
team work
Hostess/To-go/Server (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32222July 9, 2019
I have worked at Chili's since January 2013. They're a great company, a great team that became family. I've enjoyed working here, left for maternity leave in 2015/16 and couldnt wait to get back.
Fun snd challenging
Line Cook/Trainer (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 9, 2019
I like working at chili's. Great people. Busy restaurant. High standards. Advancement possible with hard work and determination. Stable job for those with a work ethic.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Unstable management
Overall great experience and work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2019
Management was a bit more harsh and less understanding than any other job but great work space and money. They did not discriminate and every one was welcome. The customers and business was great and always fast paced.
Very Bad
Server (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 9, 2019
Everything there was just bad! The service, management, and food. The team members wouldn’t work together at all! As they hired people they would quit their first day or the same day!
Overall good
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 9, 2019
Great benefits. I wish they had a location closer to were I live. Was going to build one close, but it got canceled. Hopefully they will have plans to build one again.
Awesome place to work
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 9, 2019
Great people, great atmosphere. I loved my job there. They were really hands on with training. The staff and management there was amazing. Great pay an hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chili's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K
42.5K
31.7K

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight