Chili's Employee Reviews

Found 6,966 reviews matching the search See all 7,702 reviews
Very fun and welcoming place, very fast paced
Host/ToGo (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NJJuly 6, 2019
I worked as a ToGo person (prepares takeout food) for a couple of months. I LOVED the management, they were able extremely understanding! I knew coming into the job it would be very fast paced, and I thought it would help me get over my very bad anxiety, but I guess I’m just not the person that can get over it and that’s why I had to leave. On Saturday nights there won’t be a second you’re not working, but you’ll get so much money in tips but you have to split with your partner. On mondays they usually only have 1 Togo person so you keep all the tips, sometimes I would get $60 a night. There’s a lot of stuff you have to remember, and working the computer can take some getting used to. In the beginning, it’s inevitable it will be hard, but everyone that works with you will be happy to help. I loved working at chili’s so much, but my doctor eventually made me quit because I stopped going to school so that I would be awake enough to go to work.
Pros
Discounted food, amazing coworkers, great tips
Cons
Very fast paced, stress from coworkers can wear off on you
Fast paced customer service.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCJuly 6, 2019
Typical day depends on the customer, but it's more fast paced than other places I've worked. Hardest part of the job is learning the point of sale system and menu but coworkers are very helpful.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no breaks
You make you
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJuly 6, 2019
It you're a good server you'll do good there. Just like any serving job. When I worked there it was pretty chill. It got stressful at times but, pretty common for a serving job. Decent incentives.
Good job
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 6, 2019
It was a good job at the wrong time they are a great company to work for and they tried to help me out as much as possible when I needed it the most there
Productive and hard driven staff giving it their all everyday!
FOOD RUNNER (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80923July 5, 2019
Working with your coworkers and creating a bond through Chili's culture really makes a lasting impression and makes you want to go back. Everyone works hard and we all have fun.
Not a bad place
Front of House Manager/Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJuly 5, 2019
I really dont mind working here. Its never the same situations each day, and management is pretty good. We have a brand new GM that is finding his stride, and we help him with duties to make him look good. Its win/win.
Pros
Pay, free food, great team
Cons
Long hours. Very few to no holidays off, work/life balance is askew
good job if you dont have actuall bills
Hostess and To-go girl (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 5, 2019
i was in an hourly position and payed what they considered well but still isn't enough to pay a single bill and they dont care becuase cutting hourly people early gets them bonuses
Not a bad place to work at
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 4, 2019
Its honestly not a bad place but your work environment depends on who you work with and the managers. Some chills will be expecting a lot from you and other don't.
It was great management, just lack of hours/pay.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJuly 4, 2019
I worked as a hostess at Chili’s in Nacogdoches for about 4 months and this is the best management I ever had, they genuinely do care about their team and will help you advance in your life. The only things that were “cons” was the pay was $8.25/hr for hostess and considering there was no busser position, it made it incredibly hard on really busy nights but the restaurant isn’t huge so it’s fine. Also, when you rarely ever hit even 30 hours a week, your paychecks are really low because they try to avoid over time so you definitely have to ask for more hours so your paychecks aren’t really low. Great place to work especially for college students and people with part time availability. The management team has no problem working with you to advance to different positions, just stick to it & you’ll do great!
Pros
Great management
Cons
Pay
Prepared dishes for customers with a group of team members
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJuly 4, 2019
I started off in flat-top, learning all the recipes for that area, and once I was proficient I moved on to the next area, deep-fry, and once I was proficient with that, I moved on to the next area. I got a raise when I learned different areas of the kitchen, so management is reasonable to negotiate with.
Great company to work for!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vandy, Opry, Brentwood, BellvueJuly 3, 2019
They seemed to have a Low amount of managers. With my amount of fast casual experience i was spread very thin! I worked alot of hours to make up for the difference
Nice place to work
Host (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 3, 2019
Had fun working in the kitchen cooking and cleaning. The nights and weekends schedule worked with school hours. Plus they were easy to work with on getting time off.
Good
Dishwasher / Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2019
Good awesome staff. Good atmosphere. Very high paste. Good for first job. Good management.Awesome Co workers very reliable and good communication throughout the workers
Not that bad working there.
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 3, 2019
If you're willing to show up for work and put in an honest effort you can get more hours and move up, must be self motivated. There is opportunities to move up to trainer or management.
IT was an amazing first job for me. Everyone was so nice and welcoming, became a second family to me. Managers were excellent always on top of things.
Host, dish, cook, QA, TOGO, training for manager (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDJuly 3, 2019
A typical day of work for me would be getting to work on time, clocking on, and being a team member by helping in any way I could. I learned more then I expected. Started out as host, using communication skills, attention to detail, organization, and fast paced. Then to dish which is also fast paced, consistent, and multitasking. Trained in TOGO and QA in which you have to use your memory and attention to detail and a fast efficient pace. In cook I have learned to be fast, efficient and good at multitasking. I also said I was training for manager, although I was too young, but I learned about profits, sales, functions of the restaurant, counting the till. I learned a lot at Chili’s and hopefully my knowledge from there will help me along the way to my next job.
Pros
Half off lunches, free training meal, vacation time
Cons
Inefficient brake times, schedule problems, stocking
Busy work environment with a huge sense of family and teamwork.
Host, To-Go, Food Expeditor, Server (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJuly 3, 2019
I worked for Chili's for three years and it taught me a lot about myself and it trained me to have a great work ethic. Our branch is one of the busiest in the country and it taught me how to work fast and precise. My team members and my managers turned out to be a second family. Overall I loved my time there.
fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAJuly 3, 2019
It is a fun place to work if you are looking for your first job, as an adult its hard to pay all your bills just having only one job here. Its the people and staff that make it
Fun fast paced workplace
Hostess/To-Go (Current Employee) –  Silsbee, TXJuly 2, 2019
I love working at chili’s in Silsbee, the mangers are very understanding and extremely helpful. The work environment can get stressful but for the most part it’s fun.
I definitely recommend chili’s in Silsbee!! I’m currently working here 😊
Extremely stressful
Server (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 1, 2019
Would never recommend anyone to work here. The guests are too demanding for the type of restaurant this is. It's sit down fast food, not 5-star dining.
Fun workplace
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 1, 2019
Enjoyable and fun environment very high stress I really love my job but only work at night looking for a morning job . A lot of customer service . Managers are grear
Pros
Bb
Cons
Bh

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chili's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K
42.5K
31.7K

Women's ratings

1.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss