Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Found 9,019 reviews matching the search See all 9,169 reviews
Educational as well as a Positive Enviorment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 25, 2019
I started Chipotle in 2016 with the basic ability to manage simple business operations. Over the last 3.5 years Chipotle has helped me grow beyond the simple daily operations of a business but has taught me how to deliver strategic future business plans as well as fiscal management.
This company has prepared me to run a successful business with in a positive business culture.
If you wanna do everyone elses job and listen to little girls complain all day, be my guest
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJune 25, 2019
Not worth the stress and drama for 9/hr? Joke. You constantly do all the senior employees jobs. No one takes it seriously. Bunch off kids working there with no respect, no professionalism, managers are a joke. Look elsewhere
Pros
Free food
Cons
everything but free food
It is good for those who do not get stressed easily
Chipotle Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 25, 2019
As a seriously and is busy with their life, let's job piles on top of those burdens, alongside the fact that the work and life balance was not very good. There was not enough free time and my job put on too much stress for me. People were nice and it was great time free food. It is good for a first second job or a temporary job.
Pros
Free and discount meals, nice people
Cons
Little to no free time, stressful, too fast paced, unrealistic expectations
It was a good environment, good managing
Chipotle Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 25, 2019
It is good working environment to high school students; however, I am looking for a more stable income job. The manger is flexible with schedules and highly understanding to emergencies.
Pros
Discounts on food and flexible schedules
Na
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Nora, INJune 25, 2019
Loved working there but inhad personal ossues that caused me to quit. I didnt want to at all. I didnt have a choice over all the company is great to work for!
efficient and welcoming
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJune 25, 2019
this company assures they hire the best crew members to provide the best guest services to each customer that walks in. hiring process is more to get to know you as an employee with a few personality traits
Fun workplace but very high pace work environment
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYJune 25, 2019
The team is filled with many interesting characters who make the shifts fun and easy but can be very stressful and demanding also. you need to be able to keep up or you will fall through the cracks.
Pros
free employee meals when you work, 50% meals when you don't work, Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
stressful at times, 50% employee meals only work at the chipotle you work at
Very productive and a fun place to be
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Little Neck, NYJune 25, 2019
It could sometimes get very busy, but the managers would come to help where it is needed the most, they are very patient with new employees and are always ready to help.
Pros
Free meal
Unless you reaaaallly need money, don’t work here
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 25, 2019
Not gonna lie, I worked here over a year and hated 90% of it. Turn over is crazy because of unrealistic expectations and awful and/or lack of training, so the people who have been there the longest have to constantly pick up the slack for everyone else.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Only 2 breaks, 30 and a 10, management sucked
Very good staff
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 25, 2019
First job I’ve had that has very great staff and a good environment, all around great place to work, preparing the food in the morning before we open is always very fun and productive.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Hourly pay rate
Management Could Have Been Better
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kearny, NJJune 24, 2019
The main issue I had was they over hired when they opened so they started cutting people loose. I was considered an employee without working for a solid month. My management at the time kept giving me the run around and I ultimately quit in the end.
Great opportunity for growth
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYJune 24, 2019
Chipotle is a very great and up eat place to work, with a lot of opportunity for growth within the company! Flexible hours, perfect for a college student such as myself, as with any job you get what you put in.
In the right environment it can be amazing
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 24, 2019
No two days at Chipotle are the same, you rely heavily on the crew around you so team work and communication is key. The culture is fast paced and customer service heavy. Hardest part is dealing with stress and learning to stay positive. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with, since you rely on them so much you become like a small family.
Chipotle Review
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 24, 2019
Typical day was manager meeting in the AM to go over numbers, then food prep assign task for the day. Handled all customer issues, as well any employee issues. Advancement was only afforded to particular individuals; it was not a fair playing field.
Has been a good place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 24, 2019
Honestly, great place to work. Days become fairly predictable so you get into a rhythm and can really affect the store's growth in a positive way once you understand how to deliver on corporate expectations. Staffing can be tough, but that's expected in the food industry. Benefits are pretty standard from what I've seen from where I've previously worked. They are picky on food safety, but I like that they aren't lax on that stuff. I do wish I had more upward mobility.
not great
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 24, 2019
exhausting work for little pay, stressful work environment, angry customers. i enjoyed absolutely no part of this job after almost a year of work. not to mention the burns and injuries i have accumulated.
Fun place to work at
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJune 24, 2019
Great people all around with also the benefit of having great food. Great experience to have very exciting and fast pasted. Employees are very warm and welcoming to new hires.
Pros
Free employees meal and 50% discount on days you aren’t working
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun place to work with room to grow and make changes
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIJune 24, 2019
Working at Chipotle allowed me to further my hospitality career with helpful co workers and and managers that encourage you to bring your best foot forward.

A typical day at work consisted of keeping my station clean, stocked, organized before our "peak times" (a.k.a, the dinner rush). Depending on your position, different responsibilities followed. I was well versed in working the cashier, working as "prep" (which is the position responsible for slicing and dicing the vegetables and marinating our steak and bagging our chicken/ being the dish washer), working the front line (the position of greeting and making a customers food).

Working at Chipotle was similar to some of my previous food service jobs except that my store did not have a drive thru available. I learned what it means to truly go the extra mile for customers to ensure that their needs are met whether that meant re-making a guest's food or allowing new customers' meals to be paid for on the house. My general manager took his job seriously and held his staff to that same standard.

The management at my store did it's best and it showed as our store received awards for being in the top of our "patch" (a.k.a, the region within a number of different chipotles).

The hardest part of the job was making sure that the standard was being met everyday with each guest. That is the blessing/curse of working in a hospitality field. Personally, I believe that one's personality has much more to do with finding the job difficult or not. Personally, I love working in food customer service so overall I did not find
  more... this job hard.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the friends that I made with everyone and I received some advice and help from my general manager that I know I will carry with me as I move forward.

All in all, Chipotle can be a fun job where you can grow as an individual with the company alongside you.
Pros
Free meals while on a shift, 401k, insurance, tuition assistance, decent hourly pay
Cons
bonuses are based on customer surveys
Fast and fun workplace
crew member (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJune 24, 2019
Working at chipotle everything had to be done in a fast pace and clean manner. Customer service is the number one rule for chipotle so it was a really fun and friendly environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJune 24, 2019
You can work your way up to management, and they are very flexible with your hours. Pay is pretty to start and they offer raises as well, along with promotions you get a pay raise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K
43K
32.2K

Women's ratings

2.6Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

20%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss