Chipotle Mexican Grill logo

Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Chipotle Mexican Grill insights

Based on 5,047 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Found 13,034 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,255 reviews

Fun and productive workplace with many advancements

Featured review

Chipotle Mexican Grill selected this as a representative review
I started this job with no experience in the food industry, two years later I advanced from a crew member, to a takeout specialist, to now being a certified trainer. This has been nothing but a learning experience for me. I've how to teach and train others so that they're performing at their greatest potential. I appreciate the fact that management sees potential in me to grant me opportunities to train others, as well as climb the ladder of the many advancements that Chipotle grants their workers. I'm grateful for the opportunity to work with this corporation, because they have molded me into a worker who looks out for other coworkers, and the people who she serves.

Good pay, fun coworkers, AWFUL management

The work is pretty easy, I enjoyed it for the most part, coworkers were great, pay was good. However, management was awful, I was consistently kept 40mins late (including on my first day, the person training me left and I barely knew what I was doing), when I asked for my hours to be reduced my manager ghosted me for 2 days and then when I brought it up again they said that they couldn’t worry about this and I needed to wait until they could hire someone new and train them.Also fair warning, you don’t get a break unless you work for 6+ hours. Although one time I was asked to come in early and worked for 6:45hours with no break.One time management didn’t schedule anyone to take over line for my coworker, so they had to stay 30mins past their shift.Overall, would have been a great job if not for the awful management. Pay was really good.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Terrible management, consistently kept 40mins after shift, cashier is given too many responsibilities for just 1 person

Uncaring

They don’t care about employees at all.They need robots instead of humans.The only good thing was a free mean but it’s probably so u could keep working without wanting to pass out ,

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short breaks, uncaring

Not bad

I liked working at chipotle when i did because it was fun and I got a lot of free food. However, as time goes on I was ready to move on with my life

more trouble than its worth

expectations too high for the time and pay we were given. loved the people at my store but corporate sucks. felt like there was never enough time to do anything.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Nonstop work with disrespectful managers

I worked for Chipotle for a year and a half. This job is going to make you sweat and work hard, so get ready to work. At 90% of Chipotle locations, the rush of customers can get really overwhelming. You have no time to breathe, no time to think, you just have to keep moving. Some might see this as a good thing, but it was something I did not appreciate.To be honest, your experience at Chipotle is going to depend largely on the location you work for. Chipotle has its good managers, but it also has really bad and disrespectful ones. I've been around long enough to see a few kitchen arguments break out, and it's not fun. My manager, towards the end of my time working there, was unbearable. She constantly micromanaged me, disrespected me in front of my coworkers, and she even asked me to come in when I clearly told her that I was sick. This is what made me leave Chipotle. I will say, the friends you make along the way are really going to make or break your experience. I made some good friends during my time there, and frankly, that's what really helps you maintain the energy to keep going.The pay is alright, but just know that you're earning every penny of it, and Chipotle is going to make sure they get their money's worth for your labor. If you are the kind of person who likes to move and likes pressure, you're going to enjoy Chipotle more than I did. Overall, it's a good learning experience if you've never worked before. I learned a lot, and it made me a better worker, but it did not come easy at all.

Pros

Free employee meals on days you work, good friends, time passes quickly

Cons

Bad managers, physically challenging, nonstop

Didn't love it

There isn't enough training, not a great management team, they don't care about quality & pay very little. Breaks are not long enough and they aren't flexbile with schedule.

It’s decent work for someone who doesn’t have responsibilities or students but if you have a life and bills to pay you won’t make it on at chipotle without a second job

Horrible

They would make me clock out then keep working. Always short staffed. Bad and unfair managers. Never offered help or back up. Very bad training. Don’t work here.

Bad management, picky costumers

The management was horrible, it's a very fast paced environment so be ready. They were vey flexible with the schedule, especially if you go to school. Also you get free food.

Jobs at Chipotle Mexican Grill

See more jobs

Goof food

Worked snd helped customers receive quality food Nd service everytimer they came through our door. I loved the break you got free food and I thought that was cool

Decent for a first job.

It was ok to work here, the people were decent enough for no issues to arise but management at my store was pretty lackluster honestly, and the mood of the place was always odd. I worked morning so a lot of the time we were understaffed to the point where the managers were having to fill in at the front; I understand night shift might be a little more hectic but having one more person work in the morning would have been good. Overall the pay was ok nothing crazy for the job you do, and having to deal with some of the customers. Training was again ok had 2 days where someone was telling what to do somewhat but was left alone for a while. So an ok experience overall. Good for a first job but not long-term or if you have experience already.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Vibe

Nice job, awful training

They don't ever train you properly. They bascially just sit you in front of a computer to watch a video or give you the employee handbook and just make you do it.

Pros

Free food, 50% discount

Cons

Bad management, no training

Not Bad

The work there isn't terrible. Working prep will be a routine schedule, however working after hours was common. Got a pay raise pretty quickly and management was excellent.

very productive

When it comes to employees and managers, i got along with just about everyone. We knocked out the hard work and rushes together. It was a team job for sure. But the customers are a whole another species. When it got deeper into the first year of Covid, alot of customers became inpatient and just flat out rude. I can handle tough situatuons but it got so bad to the point it affected part of my mental health. But after leaving the job, I'm starting to miss it more because of how i got along with other employees.

Pros

Free meal, payed breaks

Cons

rude customers, rushes

Run while you can

I have worked at this company for almost an entire year, in under a year they have been through 3 general managers, can’t keep service managers to save their lives, constantly give in to customers when they’re wrong and customers know this, blame everything on night crew, proceeds to make excuses for morning, when they leave they leave a mountain of dishes for night shift and pray that we get them done by 11pm but give us little to no people on nights and we end up being there till 12-1am doing it. They complain about labor wages but refuse to realize that part of their issue is making night shift stay late to do dishes and clean the store. There have been more times than I care to count where one person is running the line or digital and when you say something management gaslights you and makes you out to be like they are the only ones who have the right to complain. And the list goes on really. There are very little good things I have to say about working here and it has truly sucked the life out of me and my coworkers. Oh and I failed to mention that sometimes you don’t get a break.

Pros

Free food and good pay

Cons

No breaks sometimes, overworking employees, poor management, laziness, nothing but sorry excuses, etc.

Cut corner's very rude to employees

While I was working there it was an unfair environment manager's were mean rude and disrespectful no oginazation has to ask for day's off never had a day off for 2 weeks

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Stayed till u got relieved if they did not come u had to stay and work

Not worth it

I applied as cashier and the moment I got there management and co workers decided to take advantage of me and make me clean the restaurant, bathroom & take the garbage out everyday. Nobody else just me. They played favoritism & No matter how good of a job I did manager was always breathing down my back. Will never in my life work there again. I would rather die and starve.

Pros

Cons

Short break & not paid enough for everything they wanted me to do.

hated it here

management doesnt care about you, HR doesnt do anything. my manager retaliated with cut hours if you called out, even if u we’re sick, during a pandemic….

Pros

good insurance

Cons

everything else

expect a lot from crew

not the best place to work. if your a hard worker you only get worked harder. Raises are hard to get only got a raise because we found our new hires were making more than workers who had been there 2+ years

Pros

free food

Cons

not many good benefits

Overall ok

I did prep so it was stressful sometimes getting everything made and temped in time for open. They put a lot of pressure on you to go as fast as you possibly can. I felt like they gave me the tools and training to achieve their expectations though. It was overall a positive experience

Pros

Free food, good benifits, room for growth

Cons

Time management, turnover, cultish

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6K

Women's ratings

2.6Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

20%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss