Chipotle Mexican Grill

Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

United States14,553 reviews

Found 14,553 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,811 reviews
foodfreemealcrewgrillfastlunchprep

Fun and productive workplace with many advancements

Featured review

Chipotle Mexican Grill selected this as a representative review
I started this job with no experience in the food industry, two years later I advanced from a crew member, to a takeout specialist, to now being a certified trainer. This has been nothing but a learning experience for me. I've how to teach and train others so that they're performing at their greatest potential. I appreciate the fact that management sees potential in me to grant me opportunities to train others, as well as climb the ladder of the many advancements that Chipotle grants their workers. I'm grateful for the opportunity to work with this corporation, because they have molded me into a worker who looks out for other coworkers, and the people who she serves.

Easy work for foh

The job itself isn't terrible and foh really isn't that hard to do. Boh workers are hard to find because no one really wants to work. The 3 main positions in the back are grill, prep, and frying chips and we constantly have call outs or people just don't show up which cause 1 person to end up doing most of the work.

Chipotle Mexican Grill insights

Based on 11,216 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Management and Field Leaders ruin the job

Finally quit after 3 years due to absolutely terrible management and a field leader who made excuses for the managers behavior. Turn over for management is so high that even if you get a decent one to start it’ll change quickly and the whole store will fall apart. Don’t waste your time.

Fun workplace and great first job to get experience.

Typical days were okay. Had to do extra work than supposed to because the schedules were terrible. Most of the time had to do multiple positions. The friends you make are probably the best part of the job leading to a fun workplace culture. Pay was good as well, especially for an entry job.

Fine for a good service job

Regular food service job tasks. Rushes to be expected. Service is worse than kitchen duties. Free meal each shift. Management usually involved and helpful.

Pay is decent with plenty of promotion opportunities

Advancement in the company pretty much depends on how good your gm is. If you’re a hard worker and have a good manager to learn from there’s plenty of opportunities. I have worked here for 2 years and am being put into the position to run the store I first started at.

Not productive & definitely not a good place to work.

Worked there for 6 months . Advanced a s a KM I 3&since than it's been a horror show. Upper management doesn't care what goes on& the ppl who hardly work get all the credit. Apply there of you're a fool!

Lots of work

The employees are nice and you tend to form good relationships. However the benefits are subpar and the workload is extremely extensive. Stores tend to be short staffed leaving a heavy workload on the employees that are there. Lots of late nights and early mornings.

Very fast paced and short staff

Chipotle is a very fast paced job and you will be doing multiple roles due to short staff.Management ignore your request for changes in your schedule.

productive, decent pay

I worked there for 4 years and was first hired part-time, then full time. It's a stable first job with decent bi-weekly pay. The benefits were alright, 1 meal per shift, 30 min breaks, medical/dental/vision. The training is thorough and after performing well in front-line positions I became front of house trainer. It's a good stepping stone if you wanted to get your foot in the door if you're passionate about food hospitality. You learn a decent amount. Each store is different depending on how busy the location is and the dynamics with staff. The hours and staffing werent as consistent as it could've been. Some managers would forget the days you asked off and were expected to reach out to coworkers for coverage. After a year they give you a few cents as a raise which is a joke. They also looked down on you if you requested off on holidays unless you begged or played favorites. The managers are overworked, the techniques to get tasks done were dated, and there was no compensation working during peaks of the pandemic when everyone else was on furlough making more than us. Don't expect to move up or growth if there is favoritism. The job was fun, good environment if you don't mind the occasional rude customer but after a while I felt stuck.

Stressful

Chipotle was a good place to work at. You would get discounts on your food so that was a plus. Sometimes it would be stressful because of customers. However overall it was a great company to work for.

It's was nice place to work but there no communication with boss.

When I work 40 hour a week come back to two days week no reason at all .there wasn't no communication with me and the manager who in charge of this place at all.they never give a reason why they cut my hours down 2days a week and rest of the employees got there hours. I feel ain't fair what they doing to me at all .

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No communication with employee.

Spend your time elsewhere.

Absolutely nothing stands out about this establishment AT ALL, matter of fact, it’s the complete opposite. General Manager barely does anything except sit in the office watching music videos and pushing his work onto his already-stressed crew and lower-ranked managers. Also, after being there for a year, coming in almost always when they needed me, working my tail off everyday I’m there, and etc. I haven’t gotten a slight pay increase after all that I’ve done for this company. If you do decide to work here, make sure you pay attention to your surroundings. They more than likely will place you on a station you’ve never worked before, not properly train you for it, then criticize you for not doing things the right way… Quite literally the ONLY upside to working here is some of the crew you work with, but even then there would be a slim chance of getting good peers to work with at all. I could go on and on about working here, the little pros and the many cons. Unfortunately, there’s only so much I can say on this platform. Bottom line — Spend your time elsewhere, if you know what’s best for you.

Pros

Free food?

Cons

No breaks, no training, inadequate management.

Fun workplace

Chipotle management is the best. We do get busy almost everyday but, we pull through. Some managers are tough but all of us are kindly nice. We do get rough customers

Decent pay for fast food, Fast paced job

Decent place to work at. I’ve worked at several locations over the past years. Management can change really quickly though so you have to be prepared to work for a lot of different leadership styles. I’ve only worked with younger people so be prepared for that too.

Bad Experience

People consistently called out of work. They would always be low on workers. Management didn’t enforce people to wear mask nor didn’t have a way to protect their workers that were on the line to make food from Covid as well

Work overload

Always short staffed, missing items and employees calling in. Corporate does not care. Guess it just depends on your general manager. Expect you to do more then what your compensated for.

A stressful environment with nonexistent tips

While I was very excited to finally get a job at chipotle (somewhere I love to eat), after a month or so I began to realize just how tiring and hot working there is. If you're busy, you can't drink water. This doesn't seem like two big of a problem until there has been a line throughout the entire store for 4 hours and you're only allowed a drink of water on your mandated 10 minute break. Additionally, the tips are horrendous, sometimes selling 12 to 15 thousand dollars of food and only coming away with a dollar or two each if we were lucky.

Eh. Always comes down to management.

Worked at multiple locations. Fun with the right crew. Sucks sometimes because you work with a bunch of kids that could care less. The GM makes it or breaks it tbh. You have to be mentally flexible, chipotle is always adding and changing rules

Fun workplace

It was nice to work here. Team was supportive and interactive. You have to be fast paced and enjoy helping others. The shifts are very flexible as well.

Fast-paced workplace

Nice people to work with, not so nice customers. Be fast or else you slow everyone down. Management could be improved, but not the worst thing in the world. Just be fast and know what you’re doing. In the very least, know the menu.

Common questions about Chipotle Mexican Grill

Answered by current and former employees at Chipotle Mexican Grill

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Chipotle Mexican Grill.
Powered byComparably