Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Found 6,914 reviews matching the search See all 7,017 reviews
Featured review
Chipotle Mexican Grill selected this as a representative review
Fun and productive workplace with many advancements
Full-time Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 24, 2018
I started this job with no experience in the food industry, two years later I advanced from a crew member, to a takeout specialist, to now being a certified trainer. This has been nothing but a learning experience for me. I've how to teach and train others so that they're performing at their greatest potential.

I appreciate the fact that management sees potential in me to grant me opportunities to train others, as well as climb the ladder of the many advancements that Chipotle grants their workers.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to work with this corporation, because they have molded me into a worker who looks out for other coworkers, and the people who she serves.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJuly 20, 2018
A typical work day here was really fast-paced. Wonderful crew members everyone vibes and gets along.Management was always cool and respectful pretty laid back because they trusted us employees. The hardest part of the job was scrubbing the tortilla cookers at closing.
Good place to start as teen
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Murphy, TXJuly 19, 2018
When working at Chipotle, I was responsible for counting and calculating money at the beginning and end of each shift. I made sure the drink station was always stocked and all the drinks in the machine were functioning. I was in charge of making sure the dining area was clean. I was to inform my co-workers when certain foods were running low and needed to be prepared. I was also responsible to take online orders and repeating the order to the workers that worked on the line.
good place
Crew member and a Kitchen manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 19, 2018
learned lots of customer experience skills and working with a since of urgency, very strict management. respectful environment. long work days. felt like a family.
fun fast paced job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CAJuly 19, 2018
depending on the shift opening or closing the jobs do vary a bit. Every person pretty much has a set job or station they take care of. time management is a very key thing.
Good business
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 19, 2018
Good place to work for in general nice people lots of customer service experience and team work together give u chance to grow with the business and learn
Pros
Good results
Cons
Na
Good benefits and easy to get promoted.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 19, 2018
It is a great first job with a great work environment, good benefits and a good pay.
Productive and Fast Paced environment
Cook/Prep/Dishwasher/Server (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 19, 2018
If you're looking for a new job (you must be desperately), then Chipotle is the right candidate for you. The only thing worth at this company is the experience you can gain which includes cashier (being the easiest), Prep, and grill (hardest and most stressful station), and lastly a Service Manager (you will need around two months of training or less depending on manager).This position is pretty stressful as many of former service managers have said.

If you're staying for the long term. don't expect much. Corporate comes and expects you to follow procedures (if you made a tiny mistake, they will put you on the spot). Besides that you get a raise every six months. don't expect a dollar raise, more like a 10-25 cent raise. LEL

TLDR; If you have no experience this is agood job. Can work your Customer Service Skills, Learn to Cook and Prep food.
Pros
Free lunches, and the only company to pay your break :)
Cons
After working at the company for more than two years, expect a .75c raise. (NO BUENO).
Poor place to work
Team (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 19, 2018
Management was super poor, gave 10-12 hours a week? Lots of favoritism & unfairness VERY unprofessional. Chipotle is a “train yourself” kind of environment since no real training is actually given and then when you “slack” it’s your problem. It’s a joke of a job.
fun but stressful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 18, 2018
Chipotle is a good company to work with, especially as a first job, but as a food service job, it is very fast paced and I don't recommend it to people easily affected by stress. Every day is usually the same, and shifts are morning, afternoon/night and short shifts. As a cashier, you will usually come in for a morning shift at 10:30 and leave at 3, and for afternoon/night shifts you will come in at 3 and get off at 10:30. Other positions usually come in earlier and stay later. For morning shifts as cashier you will get one 10 minute break and afternoon/night shifts as cashier you will get one 30 minute break and one 10 minute break.
Pros
Free meal on days you work, 50% off on days you don't work, paid sick leave after a few months
Cons
weekly scheduling
Descent workplace but with wrong management can be a toxic environment
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2018
Employee turnover rate was very high. The typical work depending on your position could be very demanding and fast paced which can be better for some people than others. The hardest part of the job for me was peak time which was our busiest time, the line was typically out the door the whole time until the end of my shift. The most enjoyable part for me was the customers, there were many times I encountered poor management while working. I did learn how to work fast and productively.
Pros
Free food
Cons
rushed environment, poor management
Fun people!
Kitchen Manager (in training) (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MN 55425July 18, 2018
I loved my job, but the manager at the time that I worked there. She took advantage of a lot of people and was a bit aggressive when telling people what to do. Otherwise people there work very hard and the food is amazing. We all follow the procedures to make sure food is sanitary.
Speed is Mandatory
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  5300 Wyndham Forest Dr, Glen Allen, VA 2305July 18, 2018
My experience wasn't the best at this certain location due to the fact that it was a brand new location in a VERY popular location. Not only was it my first 'official' job (which was difficult), but management was new too and they didn't adhere to certain things that needed to be done. Everyone was kind; even some customers, but that still couldn't shine a light bright enough to overshadow the downfalls. SPEED IS MANDATORY!!
Pros
Free meal per day
Cons
depending on the manager on duty, there were only certain times someone was allowed to take there break.
you can do it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 18, 2018
if you want to make some good money and want something that is flexible with your schedule as a college student, then this the perfect job to get. chipotle!!
Pros
free food
Cons
short break stressful trying to reach through put
Great place to Learn
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 18, 2018
This place does a great job training their staff properly and ensuring they have the tools they need to perform their job properly. Very consistent product.
Good Short Term Experience
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJuly 18, 2018
Working at Chipotle gave me the skills I needed to really build my resume and put myself out there. Normally I'm a quiet, introverted person but as a Crew Member, my skills have developed here over time.

I learned time management by juggling customers and maintaining a clean dining room, and I learned how all the crew members worked together and did little favors for each other in order to ensure smooth work flow. The high turnover rates make this difficult, since you're constantly training new people and not everyone is on the same page about how tasks need to be completed.

The hardest part of the job is the unreliable staff. Unreliable staff means unhappy customers, and our customers can be fairly hostile. It's not an easy job if you struggle with anxiety.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of teamwork after particularly busy rushes.
Pros
Free employee meals on the days you work, 50% discount on the days you don't, willing to train you from scratch, good at building skills
Cons
Understaffed, poor management, often overworked, pay doesn't match the quality of labor they expect from you, unreliable schedules
Good Food
General Manager (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed that we made everything from scratch and we worked along side the associates. It was a great work environment and great place to advance. I didn't like the change in upper management and making the numbers became more of a focus than the people.
Pros
Great Food
Cons
Bad upper management
Place for college kids to make decent money while balancing school
Take-Out Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CA 90807July 18, 2018
Its a place where young adults can make a extra change while balancing school, social lives, and extracurricular activities. If you looking for career advancement you should search another job.
Busy place to work
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98101July 18, 2018
If you're into kitchen work with little or no life outside of work, this place is for you. They will suck the life out of you. They make you work very hard for absolutely no reward.
Excelente ambiente de trabajo y compañerismo. Mala administración e incentivos. Grandes responsabilidades poca remuneración.
Crew (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 18, 2018
Sin apreciación o reconocimiento de los buenos empleados ni incentivos en cuando al trabajo y responsabilidades individuales. Reconocimiento salarial de la antigüedad inexistente.
Pros
Ambiente de trabajo. Comida
Cons
Mala administración
productive and face
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 18, 2018
Nice place to work. Enjoyed the staff and management. Learned a lot while working here. It made me work at high levels and to become a stronger multi-tasker.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
face paced and alot of labor to make food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K
42.3K
31.7K

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight