Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Never boring and always busy.
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2018
A day in Chipotle was always challenging and kept you on your toes, but I enjoyed it. Amazing environment and co-workers. Although, under weak management, still strived for success. All food was made to perfection and meeting high standards. I enjoyed the rush and it felt good to never run out of food and stay strong the whole time.
Pros
Free lunch, tips, and closed on Sundays.
Cons
Few hours.
Fast paced, exciting.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 19, 2018
Fun if you want something that will make the time go by. Alot of career options great if you want to move into a culinary career. 401k plans, retirement, room for advancement.
Eh.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 19, 2018
Chipotle is good as a temporary job. At my store I wasn't treated very well by managment. I would make one mistake and it's like it was the end of the world.
Stressful and inconsiderate workplace
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJanuary 19, 2018
The only reason I would say don't work at Chipotle is because the chipotle I worked at. I believe that a lot of the crew i worked with were not only amazing people but were like family to me. They had to go through so much because of the upper management at this location and it was unfair to them. The amount of discrimination that took place was unfair to them. I hope that they find a job that will treat them well because this job was only a burden on their lives.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
management
Very productive
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJanuary 19, 2018
worked at Chipotle full-time
Pros
coworkers
hours
tasks are honestly simple as heck
its a fun enviorment
Cons
namely favoritism, you can work as hard as you want, but if the scheduling manager has a favorite, they'll give them the good hours
Advice to Management
Stop favoring people because you are friends with them or their SO
Bossy and rude to new hires
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Christiana, DEJanuary 19, 2018
The management was rude thinking they were better than you the entire time i was there. Everyone to be hired was fired right away except for the old employees because they started out there. Most of everyone who works there looks down on you are are on a high horse. Worst place ever to work.
Cons
everything. rude management and rude employees
I didn't enjoy working there
CREW (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 19, 2018
Hours weren't adaptable, some of the staff was mean, staff sometimes messed up my tips and I don't think anyone really liked me. I did a lot of work which ranged from cleaning, data recording, cash register, and serving.
very productive!
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 19, 2018
Everyone is super nice, has a strong sense of urgency. very motivated and ambitious. around the time i was there everyone, even the managers was either in college or still in high school. there were good days and bad but it was a family built off taco!
Pros
long breaks, discounts
Cons
gets super busy
Not great
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAJanuary 18, 2018
Some management is great, some is terrible. Job advancement sucks because they promise you they’ll train you for a position, trainyou for the position, and then refuse to give you the position, or even the opportunity to get one.
Pros
Free food when working, $9 minimum, benefits for part time, 50% off a meal everyday
Cons
Stressful, don’t care about employees, strict and confusing management, harsh rules
quick paced
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PAJanuary 18, 2018
working at a fast food restaurant you will find yourself always doing something. but the environment was fun thanks to my other coworkers. but since it is so fast paced, time goes by quicker.
I helped hire a great crew.
Take Out Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 18, 2018
Our crew became family when we started our store. Working at Chipotle was crazy and stressful, but was fun with the crew we had. I almost wish I could go back.
Pros
Fast paced, Fun environment, great crew
Cons
Stressful, didn't make enough money
Chipotle
Cashier/main grill cook (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJanuary 18, 2018
The job was for a fact stressful since it seems like their is always a line out the door. The crew is great which makes it a fun work environment, that is when you can catch a breather.
Beneficial, quick paced environment
Take out specialist (Current Employee) –  Bristow, VAJanuary 18, 2018
Chipotle can be stressful at times, but because of the quick paced environment 8hour shifts feel like 5 hour shifts. There can of course be drama( (you will find that anywhere you go) but overall the people are very friendly. There are many ways to move up in the company and so many benefits to be taking advantage of! They offer college tuition reimbursement, 401k, health insurance, etc!
Pros
Free lunches, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Always on your feet, sometimes gets very hot
awesome job
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  La Quinta, CAJanuary 18, 2018
I had fun while i woked there wish the circumstances why i left had never happened wish i could go back. the leadership was great my co-workers were very good at there job they all helped me learn more.
Horrible place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2018
Extremely poor management, They fired me without giving me any corrective action and even questioned me about my weight. Bad place to work very rude and unprofessional.
Cashiner
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJanuary 18, 2018
Fast paste great employees, good food very busy... prep, cash, grill, cleaning, closing and was a opener... very fun place to work and fresh food
....
It Was A Good Place To Work
Kitchen Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJanuary 18, 2018
Overall i did enjoy working for Chipotle. To this day their vision sticks with me in my other jobs i have held and my current one. Empowerment! Day to day it was a decent place to be, the managers were awesome and the crew worked as a team. Aces in their places, working in restaurants most my life, i can honestly say, Chipotle was one of my favorites to work for. It did get busy and very fast paced but you never had to worry about being out there solo. Your team was always behind you.
experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 18, 2018
the job was fine. didnt get along with everyone there, a very cliquey group of workers who favour those they choose. not a great place to work if youre starting fast food
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Productive and fun place to work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Treated you as a family. Good relationship between managers and crew. Fun environment. Motivation.they recognized your job. Help you to grow up. You have to have a lot of dedication to move to the next level.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Shorts break
Fast paced fun environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 18, 2018
Good place, everyone gets along and works together. Good vibes, learned a lot of management skills. Enjoyed working with the people. Good culture, dedicated people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.