Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Found 8,044 reviews matching the search See all 8,167 reviews
Great first job
Rancho Cordova, Crew (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Working at Chipotle as my first job was great. They instill in their employees the value of hard work, customer service, and the importance of food safety. The managers were amazing they push you to be the best you can be as a person and as a worker. The hours there were long though and I worked a lot of overtime even though I was part-time. Coworkers were great and were always willing to help you out and work as a team.
Pros
Free lunches, great working environment, managers are friendly
Cons
worked a lot of overtime, rarely got days off
This is a good first job for students.
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2019
It was a fast paced environment and extremely competitive. If you're new or they don't like you, they tend to be unfriendly and unhelpful. The customers were mostly friendly, but there's always someone rude in the food industry in general. Management was disorganized, lazy, rude and played favorites. The pay was sub par and hours were unfairly distributed based on who is liked and who isn't. Breaks were short and sometimes there were no breaks if we were busy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay, short breaks, sub par management, unwelcoming staff and lack of team effort
Great place to work that caters to your schedule.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2019
I absolutely loved working at Chipotle. If you have a good team then it makes all the difference on days when you are getting swarmed with customers. There is huge potential for growth within the company as along as you are capable and willing to put in the dedication and time. Chipotle puts your future in your hands and will work around your schedule if you're going to school.
Pros
Free lunch everyday. Tuition assistance. Paid breaks.
Cons
On busy days it will be stressful.
Good Company
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLDecember 30, 2018
This is my first job and was really great at first. A typical day at work is pretty good, it can get busy but when you have an excellent team it goes by like a breeze. I've learned many things working at Chipotle considering a lot of it is hands on. The management team is sub par in my opinion, its like they let anyone become a manager. The workplace culture is pretty fun at my location everyone gets along for the most part. The hardest part of the job is how stressful it can become. However the most enjoyable part of the job is the different people you get to meet and work with.
Pros
Free employee meals and %50 off.
worst place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 19, 2018
wouldn’t recommend to anyone with any sort of mental health issues who might need any accommodations, such as needing a few seconds to breathe, or needing to sit for a few minutes due to any sort of medical issues, also would not reccomend working here if you have any physical health issues
Pros
free meal at the end of a shift, 50% off a meal any other day
Cons
no breaks for minors you only get 4hr shifts, unwilling to help any mentally or physically disabled people, poor poor management
Collaborative environment with fun team members and customers
CREW MEMBER/CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 25, 2018
A typical day at Chipotle means I work line or cash. I would clock-in and get to work restocking and dealing with customers without much supervision from managers. I learned about working at a fast pace, dealing with difficult people, and problem-solving. Everyone is usually friendly. The hardest part of my job is dealing with rude people and smiling all the while. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know the customers, crew members, and enjoy the food we make fresh every day.
Pros
Free employee meals, discounts, secret santa
Cons
Constant new hires, poor management, rude customers
Good place to work.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXDecember 26, 2018
Chipotle was great but I'm looking for a change.the company has done alot of good for it's employees but food with integrity is what im after and neither are they. I liked getting to know customers and the days we were "doing good" were nice. Salary managers are 100% leadership and 0% labor. I spent more time prepping than managing. I didn't enjoy that I worked hard to move up and still worked like a crew member. I didn't feel supported by my leaders.
Pros
Free food and paid break. Great benefits
Cons
The learn materials changed daily. Double standards
Poor management of store
Take Out Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 3, 2019
The first two years I worked at this location everything was good we had constant sales with the general manager on duty and the store was hitting it's all time max. As soon as the field manager changed the general manager of the store to whom at the time was the apprentice of the store, the store has hit it's Rick bottom. People who were working up to a higher position got completely cut off including hours, benefits, and all together thrown out.
Cons
Poor management skills
fast paced, but not that great
chipotle kitchen manager (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 8, 2019
chipotle management is terrible. I was relocated to a farther location without any heads up by my field leader and ended up having to quit because my current pay wouldn't allow me to get to that store and back home without going bankrupt. people saying theyd quit to get promotions, improper training etc. I was given a choice, quit/ get demoted, or transfer and go broke by my field leader.
Pros
free food, good pay as manager
Cons
takes time to workk up, might be unfair
The only reason I stayed is because they paid me a decent amount
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 8, 2019
The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because I needed a job to pay for school. However, I had to work 37.5 hours a week and I was still in school at the time and I never had a day off. The managers are the reason why I quit. Reason being is they did not care if you were sick they made you come to work anyways. The job however taught me a lot about the food industry and that is the only grateful thing I got from my time working there.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not considerate about days off
Fun workplace
Chipotle Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 14, 2019
A typical day at work is usually super fast pace, something you'd have to get used to. The management is absolutely amazing! My managers try their hardest to make sure the crew members are always comfortable at our workplace and usually check up on us regularly to see how we are doing in the workplace,and if there is anything they could change to make the workplace better for us, or even for the customers. The hardest part about working for Chipotle for me, is the fast pace!!! It can be a little frustrating at first, but once you get used to it, you'll be a natural!
Pros
Free lunches/ paid breaks
Cons
Usually very busy, sometimes I'd have to cut my break short to help out.
Cliques and poor management
Crew (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 11, 2019
From the day that I started, people already did not like me because I had to be trained. I was treated like I was incompetent and was pushed to the side. I was promised eight hour shifts but only if I picked up other people's shifts, not if I did a good job. I did not have a GM while working there which made it even more confusing. I have had a shift manager call me multiple times to interrogate me on the whereabouts of a coworker which was totally unprofessional. Would not recommend... The food is great though.
Pros
Free meals, Good food
Cons
Cliques, Bad management
It is a calm place to be in the people are nice and caring almost like them opening their arms when you get hired.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2019
It’s a respected place where everyone gets along and are friends inside and outside of the work place. Great staff and great work Provided from those who worked there. Have to be able to keep up with busy rushes and always be prepared to cook for a good 2 or 3 hours straight during really busy rushes but the environment you work around keeps you at a cool collective level. From washing dishes to prepping the food everybody work has got a job to do and should be able to get done right.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health care
Stressful environment very few show up to work every day so it’s very short on staff each and everyday.
Restaurant Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 15, 2019
They barely train their employees at all they make their staff watch a brief video and that’s it on my very first it was only me and two other staff on hand that day it’s supposed to be at least 6-7 people on hand everyday but the managers let almost everyone call out every day so everyday will be extremely stressful
Pros
You get a free lunch but it has to be eaten on the premises.
Productive and fast paced. Always have something to do and you were never bored because the staff is usually outgoing and friendly.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJanuary 18, 2019
The Chipotle in Walnut is always crazy busy. There was never a time you had nothing to do whether it was preparing food for customers or keeping the environment clean. Time went by really fast every shift especially because of the friendly and outgoing coworkers. Only complication was the hundreds of customers you would encounter on a daily basis.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly environment
Cons
Sometimes stressful because of how busy it gets.
use to be a good company, but not so much anymore
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Erie, PA 16505December 14, 2018
I've worked with this company for 6 years, the first couple years were great the vision was simple and every emolyee that worked there could get behind it. but unfortunately the company is not the same
they stopped caring about their employees and just expect us to be robots, they've stopped believing in making it a fun work environment and have stopped creating encouraging circumstances for employees. lastly they are all about under paying their employees
Pros
free meal, 1/2 off meals while not working
Cons
some management wont allow crew to take their paid break, expect people to work passed scheduled shift, always understaffed due to poor work environment
fun fast paced with opportunity to grow
NRO Manager / Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 12, 2018
I learned a lot working at chipotle. They do not hire outside managers so I had to start as a crew member. I was not happy about this at first but after I went through the training process it made me respect the job and company.

The Management training is like no other. They teach you how to run a successful business. This would be a great first job for a young manager.
Pros
free food. advancement and great training. Culture is awesome.
Cons
Long work week
Company as a whole
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2018
When I began working there it was an amazing place, It went off "we treat our employees good, they do a good job, we have happy customers"That did not last long, I had left because it changed. When it came to GM and Area managers all they cared about was themselves, their promotions. And they did not care about the team. They knew we benefited them however I was a service manager and I myself had been there months and seen what a horrible place it had became.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not good benefits
Frustrating.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHDecember 15, 2018
Being a veteran of this the company and watching the people culture and overall mission change, I’ve watched Chipotle as a company spiral downward significantly. From starting at a job where the employees development and skills were highly focused on, I’m highly disappointed on where their mission went. Now a days, Chipotle uses that same old slogan “Customers Are always Right”, which in terms they should be leaving happy and excited to come back, but what happened to the employees being empowered, and having high standards? The vision that I learned and grew to love, “creating a team of top performers who are empowered to achieve high standards” no longer exists, and I wish that would come back into the work place.
If you can keep up, you'll love it
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 9, 2018
I love a fast-paced, somewhat stressful, job. Chipotle is this. I worked hard and sometimes it was too much. Some customers were mean. Some assigned tasks were revolting, tedious, or painful (washing sharp metal dishes) while others were routine, manageable, and sometimes even fun!

In general, it was worth a meal, tip, and pay per hour. Most people working there are similar to me, high school or college age, and it became a second family. I'd highly recommend it for a summer, high school, or college job.
Pros
Competitive pay, free meals, never bored
Cons
Somewhat unreliable hours, work was never easy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42.7K
32K

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight