Play YouTube video button

United States11,368 reviews
Found 11,368 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Chipotle Mexican Grill selected this as a representative review
I started this job with no experience in the food industry, two years later I advanced from a crew member, to a takeout specialist, to now being a certified trainer. This has been nothing but a learning experience for me. I've how to teach and train others so that they're performing at their greatest potential.

I appreciate the fact that management sees potential in me to grant me opportunities to train others, as well as climb the ladder of the many advancements that Chipotle grants their workers.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to work with this corporation, because they have molded me into a worker who looks out for other coworkers, and the people who she serves.
Working at Chipotle is a great example of the perfect job. Everybody in management is so understanding and all the crew are so nice. It is pretty easy to move up at your location if you do what you are supposed to do. It's like a family.
Pros
Free Food, 50% discounts, paid sick days, Great Management
Cons
I worked as a Chipotle cashier for almost a year and i’m not exaggerating when I say that it was the worst job I’ve ever had. As a cashier at Chipotle, they expect you to be at 5 different places at once. On top of being a cashier, my store expected me to count my register when I clocked in, open the store, answer phone calls WHILE tending to customers, clean the dining room before the customer gets to the register, restock the drink station, fill up the ice machine, take out all the trashes, clean the bathrooms, sweep the floor, and at our shift change, recount the register to ensure all our money was there. If the register was short, you’d get in trouble. The pay was absolute trash and I came home drained and stressed every shift. On top of that, opening cashiers don’t get breaks while closing cashiers do, which wasn’t fair at all. I had enough of that job and had to quit. If you’re planning to work at Chipotle, please do yourself a favor and work in line and NOT as a cashier!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too stressful
I have been bullied by 5 separate female employees here, and it has completely demolished my desire and ability to do well at this job. The job is also way too stressful to be worth it in the slightest, especially when management doesn’t train all employees the same way and there are tasks you’re required to do you’ll never be shown
My location had a great manager who always made us feel motivated. Coworkers were also very friendly and made work a lot of fun. Can be stressful during rush hours.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
In the beginning it was fun . But when corporate left they changed . Workers are rude and not welcoming at all . Some been there for years and still won’t help unless the Gm tells them to help . All they hire is high school and wonder why there is so much drama . They watch you like a hawk like if your gonna steal . The only good thing is the pay and hours that’s it . They overwhelm you with work because everyone quits
Pros
Good pay
Cons
I started working at this place w a positive attitude and I was enjoying it until coworkers started acting childish and treated me bad for no reason at all.
Pros
Flexible schedule
The work can get boring once you get used to it, but boring is not a bad thing. It makes it easier to get in the flow. There are some entitled customers, but that's the only thing that stress me out besides rushes. My GM is super cool, the managers are super cool, and my coworkers are super cool. Also free Chipotle! :) There were times where I got super stressed because of cuatomers, and at one point I wanted to leave, but the staff is what made me stay. They are awesome! Also my GM helped me have a schedule that worked with my school schedule!
Pros
Free Lunch, Good Managers, Good Co-Workers, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Entitled customers
Great staff and work environment. They are always there to help you. The co-workers were very friendly and would help each out. Would recommend working there.
This was a great job to have while in college. They were very flexible with my schedule. The management was the best at chipotle, always extremely helpful and made you feel special!
Everything went smoothly the first couple of months then the management became a big issue. What I mean by that is most of them are lazy and would sit and watch as we have a busy day and not help at all. I’m just looking for something new
It was to much stress on our team members no actual patience and training I wasn't happy at this Company I did the best I could but it wasn't enough always trying to compare u with other teammates
Pros
It was close my home
Cons
It was really robotic
When I first interview with the company they said there were going to put me on the grill (chef) with no prior kitchen history. Thanks to my supportive co-workers I was able to get a full time position after just a month of being with the company.
Pros
Great company to work for. Great overall expwrience with my former co-workers
Cons
Very fast paced at times that it can be very intimidating and demanding.
The GM tends to be very pushy considering the fact that it's minimum wage work. You almost never leave on time so don't schedule anything after work...
Very busy at lunch and dinner, very fasted past. During rushes no one gets breaks. I learned mostly team work. Management is constantly changing depending on your location. The most enjoyable part meeting new people.
I had a wonderful experience working with staff 😁 and management a people's person the energy and atmosphere was great. I line cooked and did prep dishes sanitary duties of Chipotle Mexican grill stop inventory.
Pros
The energy was fantastic the skill level is fantastic
Cons
N/a
Chipolte has great educational benefits.
From Free college tuition that's listed from their pre determined courses to $5,000 in annual tuition for a program of your choice. They also offer free mental health/substance abuse services for you and your family.
Pros
Paid breaks, Free meals
Cons
Repetitive work
Nothing to be quite excited about it’s an easy job that requires team work and a good attitude usually nice team members who want to see you succeed.
Usually on a typical day , in the morning I make chips . I then bag the chips and stock up . I either go on cash or line . Mostly I would go on cash and attend the customers.
Pros
Free meals when working, and 10% off when not working
Cons
I loved working at chipotle in Missouri. Management was great and cared about their people. Free meal during break , it got fast paced during high peaks but it was great.
i just started working there and told my manager about a coworker that seemed to have a problem with me, she just told me to ignore him. she then told me not to wear my hair the way i've been wearing it since i started working there. im black, and always keep my hair in a low, neat ponytail for work so i don't understand the problem. she can tell me to ignore a disrespectful coworker but has a problem with the texture of my hair.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.
3.4K
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight