Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Found 7,396 reviews matching the search See all 7,507 reviews
Fun environment with amazing people
LINE SERVER, CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CASeptember 22, 2018
Everyday working at chipotle is enjoyable due to the amazing staff that i consider my family, along with all of the wonderful customers we get to greet daily. Even though everyone has their own position throughout the shift, we all help each other and get through those huge rushes!
Fastpace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 22, 2018
My normal day was coming in and geting preped for my cash shift, i would hurry and switch drawers with the other cashier. Handles all the cash roles.Cleaned the lobby, then at night preped for am shift.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
breaks aren't promised if extremely busy
Overall a much needed learning experience.
Crew member, Take-out Specialist (Current Employee) –  Banning, CASeptember 21, 2018
A typical day of work consisted of a variety of tasks such as, preparing food, serving food, interacting with customers, answering phone calls, ringing orders up and so forth. I learned how to multitask, interact with customers, how to cook, and how to work as a team with coworkers. You have to work as a team with your coworkers otherwise things would fall out of place. The hardest part of the job is pace because you have to really be able to move quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning what you're capable of and how much you can accomplish.
Pros
Free food, always learning something new and always improving.
Cons
Didn't always get a break and there wasn't always good management.
Relaxed enviroment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PASeptember 21, 2018
Chipotle was an easy going job it was not stressful. The manager was very good at managing the restaurant and made sure everyone was doing their jobs.
Great restaurant to gain experience.
Dublin, Ohio - Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 21, 2018
Chipotle Mexican Grill opened up a world of opportunity for me. I gained tons of experience working both BOH and FOH and learning how to run both effectively.
Hardworking place
Manger (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 21, 2018
Had a fun time working there meeting new people & showing new co workers the way to do things correctly . Working there I was able use a knife at a fast pase like a chefs off of the movies. Most importantly learning to work with people and learning people skills
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long stretches of straight hard work
productive and fun workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 21, 2018
a typical day at chipotle is arriving in a good spirit ready to work and ready to learn a new position, putting customers first and making they're day! , I've learned how to roll burritos , and make quesadillas ..also learned how to cook the food from scratch! , the hardest part of the job is keeping up with everything work..keeping it clean..serving customers.. and doing your job. but its worth it. the most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishing everything i mentioned!
Pros
free food, Learn how to cook, Learn different positions quick
Cons
does not serve breakfast
Some great people but company struggling with changing and modernizing.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 21, 2018
Great pay and benefits but as a GM there is little time for anything but work. Lots of vacation time but little allowed time to use it. Newer safety considerations allows for dismissal of position without investigation.
Training system would be great but not set up reasonably leading to poor training and often quick turnover. Easy job to learn.
Food is great and the ingredients are fresh and most restaurants are safe to eat at.
very fun and outgoing
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodhaven, MISeptember 20, 2018
The environment was great. I worked with amazing people and customers. It's a place where not only it's a job but you also have fun working there as well.
Pros
Free Food, Very good benefits
Cons
Sometimes it can be stressful, serving rude customers
Very productive and flexible hours
Cashier/ customer service (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, CASeptember 20, 2018
Chipotle is a very fast pace job but keeps you productive. The hours are flexible and good. The breaks are reasonable and a free meal is available with shift. You get 50% off when you are taking out or off.
Pros
Free meal
You meet great people
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Chipotle has definitely had a huge influence in my life. It's taught me a large amount of skills, such as time management, organization, leadership, problem solving and working as a team. It is super fast paced and it is not a job for everyone. As a manager you really have to rely on everyone in your team. I love working as a team with great individuals, but there's many call outs and the company is changing fast and drastically.
Pros
Free meals and great people
Cons
High turnover
Productive, fast paced placed to work
Crew (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14223September 19, 2018
If you are someone who likes to be on your feet, chipotle is the place for you. Very competitive, yet motivational staff. Everyone works as a team and it makes work enjoyable. Due to it’s fast pace, work flys by so quickly.
Pros
Free lunch
buen trabajo
Crew employee (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Buen ambiente para trabajar, buenos horarios, y respetan horario escolar
Pros
ayudan a pagar escuela
Fast paced and positive environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 19, 2018
Most days are extremely busy, but the weekends are a hit or miss. The manager is a little difficult to work for because they micromanage everything and doesn't communicate very well. The employees are great to work with. Lunch is free when working and 50% off when not working.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Never get off work on time
No compensation
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Reviews were supposed to happen every three months—that never happened. Too much work not enough pay and you suffered for others mistakes. Not a friendly environment, always ruined my mood .
Pros
50% off and free employee meal
Cons
Short breaks, no pay raise
A fun working place
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2018
I loved coming into work and all the whole crew greeting me all at once, they were like family and we were all close. It made it easier working because our shifts would just go by so fast from all all the laughter we would share, all the teamwork & I feel that that is very important when working in a fast pace restaurant.
Loved the concept of the job
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 19, 2018
I loved this job! I just didn't agree with one managers method to meet food cost. The food was amazing. The hours were good. The fact that the food has no added chemicals and buys from local farms makes me happy as well.
Expect fast paced work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXSeptember 18, 2018
i was a prep cook at the chipotle i worked at and the work was very fast paced and labor intensive. i felt like i was doing more work than other positions. the work environment and culture was nice, the expectations for tasks being done perfectly was intense.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
they decide when you take said lunch
Up beat environment with great food
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 18, 2018
Swipe work card to clock in
immediately check my stations
grab my cash register drawer
begin to greet customers with the items that they've asked for
cash customer out for their meal
super busy from 11am-2pm and my team were working slow
Managers always came in to save us from getting tortured by long line of hungry customers.
Regular Fast Food Restauraunt
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILSeptember 18, 2018
For a fast food restaurant,Chipotle is an ok place to work. Working with the crew is one of the better parts. The work is not too difficult with enough practice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight